It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
If they amended the Bill of Rights by the process given to us by the founders then I would respect it. That's a Republic.

Sorry, this irks me all the time, I'm puzzled why Americans think this - no. it isn't a "Republic". A Republic is simply a form of Government where the Head of State isn't a a hereditary Monarch. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not everyone is a stone cold killer.
Some people are just 16 years Olds that are trying to make a quick buck.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

I'd just like to say I am from the UK and don't agree with that posters views, before this escalates into a US/UK thing as they usually do..

No one has the right to take your property illegally and I would (and have) defended myself in those sort of situations. I think the guy was right to shoot in self-defence, assuming of course the story about him pulling a gun is true.

Thanks for the clarification, but, (as you may not know me) I don't try to paint with that broad a brush. Everyone makes their own decisions, and need to live with the consequence of them as well. Good or bad...it is nobody fault but your own if you make a bad choice. It has nothing to do with nationalities IMO.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
So are you saying that if the laws were "LEGALLY AND CONSTITUTIONALLY" amended so you couldnt carry a firearm you would pay just as much attention to it as you do the ones that currently say you can shoot children under certain circumstances?

If the law was changed so you had no freedom of speech would you simply stop talking and accept the loss of your right? If not then you are a hypocrite.

If they amended the Bill of Rights by the process given to us by the founders then I would respect it. That's a Republic.

I would not. When America is no longer the land of the Free it is no longer America. That goes for all my rights, including the 2nd, though I own no guns, and have only fired a gun at a range maybe once in my life.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NOTurTypical
I would give over the shoes in this case cause they are not worth risking my life for.
Good way to not have to find out if he is serious or not.

I would if I WASN'T armed, no other choice. If I'm armed and someone is directly threatening my life at gunpoint I will kill them before rolling the dice to see if they are serious or not. The person who waits for shots to be fired first is a fool.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Quite - but there are many around these boards who do paint with that brush and will be along at some point! It happens all the time.....

link   

He had ample opportunity. He chose not to take those opportunities. Please read up on this kids rap sheet. Or, you could just wallow in ignorance like the rest of the folks defending this piece of trash...now that is sad.

In all those 16 years of his long life when did he have ample opportunity for anything????
Do you really believe a 16 yo kid has a fully developed mind and all the life experiences to fully understand all the consequences of their actions?
I know for a fact I didnt so for you to be making this bold statement I guess you were a much wiser 16 yo than I and obviously this kid was.
This is the first time Ive even come close to defending "The piece of trash" as you so eloquently put it.
He did the wrong thing and paid the ultimate price and Im not interested in defending him, what Im doing is questioning the repugnant mentality of all of you who are seeing this as a positive situation.

This is nothing to happy or rejoice in, a KID DIED TRYING TO STEAL A $200 PAIR OF SHOES and you really really think this is cause for celebration and feel a sense of justice.
Theres just no words mate, no words.

I cant believe yet again Ive found myself in one of these threads, you progunners are as bad if not worse than religious fundamentalists, full of righteous and willful ignorance.
I just hope none of you who feel this is justified ever have a loved one make a mistake or make someone feel "threatened for their life" so much they end up on the receiving end of one of these Darwin bullets
edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

link   

Not everyone who kills another person is a stone cold killer. Things go wrong. The moment you take the gun with you, you put other lives in danger so you can commit a crime. You have no business living in the same world as me at that point, I wish you better luck in the next life.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Crime happens, my loved ones are at no smaller risk now that he is dead as his void will be filled by some one else.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

And in this case, that decision got him dead....didn't it? Regardless of his unknown intentions, his ACTIONS transmitted an intent to kill merely by brandishing a deadly weapon. His numerous previous brushes with the law all had come out ok, no major life changing punishments, so I'll bet he didn't expect to be shot. ut, that is the risk you take when you decide to commit an armed robbery....like it or not.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

Well I am from the UK and live in Australia, was mugged once in Manchester when I was 15, not personally, there were 3 of us and 4 of them and they picked on my mate, I didn't do anything cos I was scared, but if had turned to me I was going to have a go at him and make a big scene. He didn't.

It bothered me for a while, I thought how this scumbag had stolen 50 quid my mate had saved to buy a new skateboard. I personally hope he took that money and overdosed on heroin, hopefully painfully and regretting everyone of his worthless days alive.

I too hope the same for this scumbag, that his last breathing minutes were that off pissing himself in great pain and crying for him mum.

I won't lose any sleep over this scumbag, well perhaps a fleeting moment wishing the hero shot the other 2 too.

Who knows if he robbed someone else who hung themselves because they were depressed from being robbed?

My mate lost all his confidence after he was mugged, who knows how that affected his chances in life, works in a bar now, probably could have been a doctor?

Scumbags.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So are you saying that if the laws were "LEGALLY AND CONSTITUTIONALLY" amended so you couldnt carry a firearm you would pay just as much attention to it as you do the ones that currently say you can shoot children under certain circumstances?

If the law was changed so you had no freedom of speech would you simply stop talking and accept the loss of your right? If not then you are a hypocrite.

I would not. When America is no longer the land of the Free it is no longer America. That goes for all my rights, including the 2nd, though I own no guns, and have only fired a gun at a range maybe once in my life.

I own them. And I put my life on the line to defend our rights and our Constitution, if people amend the Bill of Rights by the process the founders put in place to do so then I respect that, because I respect the Constitution. I can move to another country if that day comes, I highly doubt it with the fact this nation is becoming more and more violent. That just cements the fact in more and more people's mind that they need protection. I certainly doubt I will see it in my lifetime.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

As I also said above, Young men are terrible at risk analysis and forward planning, this is a large part of why it is usually bored, young males who are involved in crime of all ranks. It's all very well saying "he should have learned" but that simply wouldn't have crossed his mind.

Not defending him, just saying it how it is. Society really needs to look at ways of educating and controlling young men, like this one, who would/should have been flagged as a "risk" quite early on. It is unfair to ask the young male to do it to himself, as he is incapable.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   

His actions showed an intent to steal.
We are speculating if he planned to kill.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

This is nothing to happy or rejoice in, a KID DIED TRYING TO STEAL A $200 PAIR OF SHOES

Once again,..

at gunpoint.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Crime happens, my loved ones are at no smaller risk now that he is dead as his void will be filled by some one else.

Logical fallacy. There is no magic number of criminals where when you kill 1 another automatically takes his place. There is 1 less criminal in the world. Your loved ones ARE safer.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Ah found the link the would be robber had a hand gun was it loaded ? Did he show enou8gh restraint to not shoot yes.
Did the conseal carry dude show restraint no.
Infact this probably made his Christmas complete .
Why shoot him centre body massss were all vital organs are located,

Why shoot at all ?
A simple hands up an I wont shoot would suffice or if not then shoot him in the foot or knee wont be needing trainers then.
But most Americans value property more than life.
Its not the land of the brave and the free,
its the land of cowards whom become clint eastwood with a gun. An if you try an steal or take for free then you can pay with your life.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

He had ample opportunity. He chose not to take those opportunities. Please read up on this kids rap sheet. Or, you could just wallow in ignorance like the rest of the folks defending this piece of trash...now that is sad.

In all those 16 years of his long life when did he have ample opportunity for anything????
Do you really believe a 16 yo kid has a fully developed mind and all the life experiences to fully understand all the consequences of their actions?
I know for a fact I didnt so for you to be making this bold statement I guess you were a much wiser 16 yo than I and obviously this kid was.
This is the first time Ive even come close to defending "The piece of trash" as you so eloquently put it.
He did the wrong thing and paid the ultimate price and Im not interested in defending him, what Im doing is questioning the repugnant mentality of all of you who are seeing this as a positive situation.

This is nothing to happy or rejoice in, a KID DIED TRYING TO STEAL A $200 PAIR OF SHOES and you really really think this is cause for celebration and feel a sense of justice.
Theres just no words mate, no words.

I cant believe yet again Ive found myself in one of these threads, you progunners are as bad if not worse than religious fundamentalists, full of righteous and willful ignorance.
I just hope none of you who feel this is justified ever have a loved one make a mistake or make someone feel "threatened for their life" so much they end up on the receiving end of one of these Darwin bullets

As you have been continually reminded, but seem to just ignore the fact that he was killed not over shoes, but because he made a deadly threat to someone that was armed and trained to stop that threat. The item is irrelevant, he committed a felony, armed robbery. What about that do you not understand?? Trying to derail things by ignoring facts and praying on peoples emotions is disingenuous to everyone here.

link   

edit on 27-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: double

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: NOTurTypical

he was a 16 year old kid who never had the chance to learn from his mistakes.....it is sad when we people decide that they are judge jury and executioner....

Age is irrelevant. When he was killed he was directly threatening the life of an innocent person. That was HIS CHOICE.

Can a 16 year old kill someone with a firearm, yes or no?

can a 5 year old kill with a fire arm ? of course he can....what is your point ?kids make terrible decisions everyday it does not mean they deserve to die for them.......you had better hope if you have kids they do not make mistakes because they might just get killed for them....this might be the world you want to live in and have your kids grow up in it just isnt mine
edit on 27-12-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: jumped the gun

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join