It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: Krakatoa

Nothing to see here, just natural selection.. move along.
edit: Dangit, the new girl beat me to it! :-( Welcome to ATS!!

I know this was a sarcastic post (meant to be funny), but, if we ignore these type of stories, and only broadcast and "discuss" cases of bad cops doing bad things, then we do an injustice to all those that do follow the law, and only further glorify the thug mentality.

That's just it he wasn't following the law. The mall has strict rules against guns on their property so the guy could be charged with a misdemeanor.

No, a mall cannot overrule federal laws or the United States Constitution. There are clearly listed areas that you cannot conceal carry....shopping malls are not on that list. This is a common misconception.

Sorry but yes they can because it is private property. As long as the no guns sign is posted where people can see it then you are not allowed to carry a gun on that property and that's the law.

Ohio only prohibits concealed carry on private property with a "no gun" sign.

I stand corrected then. Wow, that is just sad. It's like an invitation to thugs that it's party time there, free stuff...etc...

To quote Chrissy Hines, "A..O...Way to go Ohio..."

edit on 12/26/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Are we sure the Ohio shooter didn't use a drop gun? Are we sure the kid had a gun? Why didn't he just shoot the gun out of the kid's hand? Where's the video?

Rolls eyes.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

I cant believe the attitude of most of the posts so far, it was a teenager trying to steal a pair of shoes!!!!

At gunpoint. (key detail)

edit on 26-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I guess you wont be visiting us anytime soon then...fine with me. Your attitude is an enabler of the type of thug culture that we are dealing with here.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Are we sure the Ohio shooter didn't use a drop gun? Are we sure the kid had a gun? Why didn't he just shoot the gun out of the kid's hand? Where's the video?

Rolls eyes.

Are we sure that Jawall "JJ" Jabbah wasn't in reality a Saint who (citing papers...) "had a bright future before him"?
I mean, I am quite sure he was. Isn't this was saints do, robbing others at gun-point when they reach the age of 15 or 16?
Now just waiting when the next rioting starts about this "innocent" kid shot...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Yay death!

Crucify anyone if they ever do anything wrong!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Your attitude is an enabler of the type of thug culture that we are dealing with here.

And yours is an enabler of every cop who thinks before shooting unarmed civilians.
"Hey he was committing a crime, he deserved to be killed"
Or every home owner who shoots their kid or spouse when they wake up to some noise in the middle of the night
"I thought it was an intruder come to steal my TV"

Rolls eyes

EDIT: took the word petty out of my post to stop people responding with ridiculous semantic nonsense.
The point remains exactly the same if people arent being facetious
edit on 26/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Them Jordan's is hott tho

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Yay death!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

If they are pointing a deadly weapon at me, then YES...you are damned right. What is someone supposed to in that case, wrap their arm around then in a group hug and sing songs? I would live to see you try that in these areas. In fact, I would pay to watch.

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hey he was doing petty crime,

Assault with a fire arm is not a petty crime.

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

Your attitude is an enabler of the type of thug culture that we are dealing with here.

And yours is an enabler of every cop who thinks before shooting unarmed civilians.
"Hey he was doing petty crime, he deserved to be killed"

Rolls eyes

Last time I checked, ARMED robbery is not quite a petty crime anywhere. So, your straw man argument is irrelevant in this context.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"Hey he was doing petty crime, he deserved to be killed"

No that's a crime.

It's only lawful if the officer fears his life or someone else's life is in danger or he is about to suffer serious injury (basic self-defense under "right to life"), or if the suspect is fleeing who the cop knows with certainty has committed a violent felony (Tennessee VS Gardner).

edit on 26-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Yay death!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

pretty sad hey....celebrating the death of others .....the only thing i can see some of the earlier posters got right was the need to cull the human race....if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes i feel that we are really doomed as a species....wake me up from this nightmare please

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Hey he was doing petty crime,

Assault with a fire arm is not a petty crime.

Correct, that's "armed robbery".

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Yay death!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

There is a hell of a difference between "doing something wrong" and threatening someone with a gun. The guy who was about to be robbed, in this very moment had to fear for his life. I am also against "more guns help against gun violence", but in this case the guy had the right not only to protect his life but also his possession.
Do you think that the age of the thugs somehow justifies what they did respective does not justify what the shooter did, in self-defense? Sorry, we don't live in Disneyland! Sorry we're living in a world where 15 yo punks MAY indeed shoot you death over a fricking pair of shoes.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes

It's super eerie that you guys keep forgetting to mention that the robbery was at gunpoint.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The "nightmares" won't end until people stop making justifications for punks who believe they can do whatever they want to whomever they want, while armed, without consequence.

+3 more 
link   

a reply to: Jamie1

Yeah lets celebrate crime and death in this country!

Yay!

Let's celebrate the good guys winning and one less criminal who will steal from and or kill law abiding citizens.

Yay indeed. It's sad he chose that path, I am not sad he will no longer hurt others.

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yay death!

Destroy!

Oh, the american way!

pretty sad hey....celebrating the death of others .....the only thing i can see some of the earlier posters got right was the need to cull the human race....if this is how people really feel over a punk trying to steal shoes i feel that we are really doomed as a species....wake me up from this nightmare please

Correction, a punk with a criminal record attempting to perform an armed robbery, which is a felony, and is cause for protecting oneself and others from severe harm or death.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Keep defending the criminals. Let me guess, Liberal/Democrat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join