It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

My house was robbed twice when I was young, I havn't slept properly since and wake up at the slightest noise and have to check the house.

30 years I live like this so some smack head could get a fix.

Ive been mugged as a teenager and when I was 8 years old I was sleeping over a mates house when someone broke in and robbed them, it was actually mne who heard the door being played with and actually saw them walking around. I couldnt stay at another friends house for years due to the fact I would burst into tears and ask to be taken home when all the lights went out and the house went quiet. But I grew out of it as do most people who have similar experiences. Im not being nasty or rude but have you considered counselling coz 30 years seems like a long and horrible time to have any sort of life affecting fear?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TheCrowMan

Yes it was his fault but why do we need to celebrate that a kid made a decision that took his life?

this is what i do not understand.......how is it ok to celebrate death no matter how it came about

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I did not start the conjecture, I finished it.

actually no you promoted it

Why are you responding when you have no clue what you are talking about. The fact you can not show me where I promoted it is all that needs to be said. This is what I replied to.

No way this kid at 16 could have turned his life around.
Obviously the only outcome for his life was to go become a career criminal.

Don't respond to me again telling me I started something I did not. I responded to that conjecture that this kid could have turned his life around with the conjecture he could have gotten worse. As I said, I did not start the conjecture, I finished it.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

And it was me who was responding to it with that post so nice try

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Id say killing someone who is trying to steal material possesions whether armed or not shows a callous disregard for human life, how you all cant is really beyond me

Once again, that is a straw man fallacy. He was killed for pointing a deadly weapon at someone who likewise had a weapon and used it for self-defense. Whether it was shoes or a pack of chewing gun is irrelevant and a red herring. He is dead today because he pulled a gun and aimed it at another person.

link   

Well you said it can't be argued so I guess it has been spoken!

I stand by my point that crime happens in a void and where there is a space to be filled it will be.

We can use ridiculous numbers to obsure the point but that isn't very productive

It can't be. If every criminal was gone tonight, the world would be safer tomorrow. That can not be debated. If you think it would not be ad every criminal would instantly be replaced by someone else there is no point in arguing.

link   

what difference does it make whether or not you started it....you promoted it...period..

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

And this is from the man breaking in, seeing she was home, and running away as fast as possible, nothing was taken and no harm came to her.

This turning the criminal into a victim mentality is so disgusting. You fools have no idea what these scumbags do to their victims.

Apparently and luckily in your case the scumbag craps himself and runs away!!!
I appreciate this is close to home for you so will try and be sensitive but do you really feel if you or your wife were home with a gun and shot this guy dead it would be a case of justice served even though the only real damage is frayed nerves?

Have you gotten counselling for your wife? Not being able to go to the toilet without someone in the house is serious and totally irrational, have this debilitating fear inside her is severly affecting her life and I hope she can get the help she needs.
edit on 27/12/2014 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

a reply to: TheCrowMan

Yes it was his fault but why do we need to celebrate that a kid made a decision that took his life?

this is what i do not understand.......how is it ok to celebrate death no matter how it came about

No one is celebrating death, you do not understand because you choose not to understand. It has already been explained to you. Life and quality of life is what is being celebrated.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Ok but how can you say that every criminal being gone tomorrow is a reasonable statement?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

what difference does it make whether or not you started it....you promoted it...period..

No, I ended it. I showed there are 2 sides to that coin, and as such it should be kept out of the argument. Rather than focusing on what COULD have happened, we know for a fact what DID happen, that is what should be focused on.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Ok but how can you say that every criminal being gone tomorrow is a reasonable statement?

It's not, extremes prove the point. Criminals do not magically fill a void. They are born, and take time to be born, if you get rid of them (not implying death) quicker than they are created, the world is safer. Every criminal gone makes the world safer.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Let's celebrate the good guys winning and one less criminal who will steal from and or kill law abiding citizens.

This would be you starting in on the conjecture by the way.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Hey he was doing petty crime,

Assault with a fire arm is not a petty crime.

Unbelievable how the liberal mindset turns the most violent crime into petty crime. They scream nobody should have guns while demonizing legal gun owners then when a thug brandishes one in a crime it is cutesy and amounts to no more than jaywalking.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
Apparently and luckily in your case the scumbag craps himself and runs away!!!
I appreciate this is close to home for you so will try and be sensitive but do you really feel if you or your wife were home with a gun and shot this guy dead it would be a case of justice served even though the only real damage is frayed nerves?

I already stated this man did not deserve death, he had no gun or dangerous weapon. If he broke in and showed me a gun then YES, that would be justice. Go back and look, I already stated this particular man should not have been killed for what he did to us.

Have you gotten counselling for your wife? Not being able to go to the toilet without someone in the house is serious and totally irrational, have this debilitating fear inside her is severly affecting her life and I hope she can get the help she needs.

Not having that fear would be worrisome. It's only been a few days. She will be fine, I thank you for your concern though, genuinely.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Extremes do not prove a point, it shows an extreme that is not reasonable.

You can't rid of criminals with out first getting rid of crime which is just not reasonable as it has and always will be around.
edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 01:06:10 -0600America/Chicago1220141080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply o: IkNOwSTuff

So what is it, intent or interpretation of intent that counts?
If it turns out this was a pellet gun will you still hold the same stance that the kid got what he deserved?
Im genuinely curious about this and would like to hear your view, please dont bring out the tired strawman nonsense

sORRY I got labelled the strawman today.....
I agree with you the gun was a meahs to an end requiring the trainers/

The gun was not a means to end the shoe buyers life.#But the consealed carry guy probably thought it was Christmas not only did he get the last shoes in the shop.
He finally got to have some pun make his day.

The George Zimmermans an gun happy cops in America just love it when they get the chance to be judge jury an executener,

And Id rather be a STRAWMAN THAN AN IMMOVEABLE OBJECT.
aS A STRAW MAN I am FLEXABLE AND WILL BEND IN THE WIND .rather THAN BE RIGID AND snap a go postal when my world falls apart ,I might have sawdust for brains but I have a heart,

And theres never just two sides to a story theres as many sides and points of veiue as there are people on the planet.
We can agree to disagree but lets be civil.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Don't respond to me again telling me I started something I did not. I responded to that conjecture that this kid could have turned his life around with the conjecture he could have gotten worse. As I said, I did not start the conjecture, I finished it.

Your whole argument justifying this pointless death is based on conjecture, the facts are the Kid brandished a firearm and demanded some shoes, the potential victim conjucted (Sic) that his life was in danger and so did you therefore you justify the killing.
If his life was in danger or not is now nothing but conjecture as the only person who knew the answer is dead

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

The George Zimmermans an gun happy cops in America just love it when they get the chance to be judge jury an executener,

Absurd. The most primitive instinct of any creature is that of self-preservation. Any person is justified when using deadly force if they are defending their own life from being taken from them. And pointing a deadly weapon is clear intent or show of force that if said demands are not met the person will shoot.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

we know for a fact what DID happen, that is what should be focused on.

and yet you used conjecture with what could have happened to you wife for your argument...and now you turn it around to suit your argument saying we should only use facts.....you should use your own advice

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join