It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio shopper shoots teen dead outside mall for trying to steal newly bought Nike Air Jordans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Krakatoa

His actions showed an intent to steal.
We are speculating if he planned to kill.

He brought a gun. His actions showed he is willing to use a gun to steal. At that point further speculation about intent is academic.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Rampant speculation to justify the kill kill kill them all attitude.

Judge dredd is looking like he would be rather accepted in this thread

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

As soon as he brandished that gun, he made it clear he was threatening deadly force. That was his decision....period.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

it isn't a "Republic"

Yes we are, the Constitution guarantees a republican (small R) form of government. A Republic is a form of government where the power resides with the people.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

As soon as he brandished that gun, he made it clear he was threatening deadly force. That was his decision....period.

Precisely right. The nanosecond the gun was brandished he was expressing an intent to take the shoes by deadly force if need be. That's the logical conclusion.

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan
Who knows if he robbed someone else who hung themselves because they were depressed from being robbed?

Personal disclosure. My house was broken into this week while I was at work, but my wife was home. The mental anguish it has caused her since is nearly unbearable for me. And this is from the man breaking in, seeing she was home, and running away as fast as possible, nothing was taken and no harm came to her.

This turning the criminal into a victim mentality is so disgusting. You fools have no idea what these scumbags do to their victims.

My opinions on the matter were the same before the incident as they are now, only now I am much more sure I am right.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Never said anything about a magic number.
Your logic dictates that if we kill all current criminals that there would then be none....
Destruction breeds creation.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

it isn't a "Republic"

Yes we are, the Constitution guarantees a republican (small R) form of government. A Republic is a form of government where the power resides with the people.

>Groan<

Yes, you are a Republic - I didn't dispute that and it is odd you think I did. You don't have a King or Queen, henceforth you are a republic.

However, you claimed that following the process to amend the law was a republic - it is not. The same processes exist in Governments which are not republics. There is no difference if I capitalise the word or not, unless I was using it as a noun.

EDIT: You'll be telling me that the USA isn't a democracy next..... I know how this plays out (I've done it to death!) and it seems the US has very different definitions to what words mean to everywhere else on the planet.....
edit on 27/12/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

link   

He brought a gun. His actions showed he is willing to use a gun to steal. At that point further speculation about intent is academic.

And purely arbitrary conjecture.

link   

Yes he threatened it, don't see how that shows he intended to kill any more then he intended to intimidate.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ecossiepossie
Ah found the link the would be robber had a hand gun was it loaded ?

Someone points a gun at your wife. You have a gun. Are you going to wait and see if his gun is loaded and roll the dice your wife lives, or do you ensure she lives?

If you roll the dice and hope for the best then I think there is nothing left to talk about.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Rampant speculation to justify the kill kill kill them all attitude.

Judge dredd is looking like he would be rather accepted in this thread

Not kill them all. Only those with callous disregard for human life.

You bring a gun to rob someone, that is callous disregard for human life.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

My house was robbed twice when I was young, I havn't slept properly since and wake up at the slightest noise and have to check the house.

30 years I live like this so some smack head could get a fix.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

However, you claimed that following the process to amend the law was a republic - it is not.

Okay, I understand the confusion. What I meant by that is I respect the will of the people. If they amend the Bill of Rights by the process the founders provided for amending it that I respect that.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Never said anything about a magic number.
Your logic dictates that if we kill all current criminals that there would then be none....
Destruction breeds creation.

No. But if we kill 1 million criminals today 1 million more do not simply materialize tomorrow.

My logic dictates that the more that are gone the safer we are. If every criminal disappeared we would be safer, there is no alternative. That safety would have to be maintained, as new criminals would appear.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

How Is using some ones wife as center piece in a purely hypothetical situation not an appeal to emotion?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Quite, as any civilised person living in a democratic and free society
. As an Englishman, it is part of my nature to play by the rules and fairly, so I can relate

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

But they will come and my family is in just as much danger as before the 1 million were killed.
So what was solved?

Killing criminals does not get rid of crime
edit on thSat, 27 Dec 2014 00:29:53 -0600America/Chicago1220145380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheCrowMan

My house was robbed twice when I was young, I havn't slept properly since and wake up at the slightest noise and have to check the house.

30 years I live like this so some smack head could get a fix.

My wife is trying to not go to the bathroom until I get home. She is too scared to go in there (that's where she was when he broke in). I work 12 hours and will be gone 14 hours total. 14 hours without going to the bathroom because she is too scared to.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

At this point, I would ask "what is a criminal"? Some "crimes" are regarded as unjust and the if the law was rigidly applied to everyone, all the time, a good many people would be "criminals"...... maybe even you? Are you familiar with every law? Do you think every law is just?

A slight sidestep off the topic here, but as we're going into the territory of "kill all criminals", then I think it's a hypothetical exercise worth doing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join