It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix light ufo could be some typ off mirage weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I was watching a clip of the Phoenix lights and i slowed the clip down in windows media i counted 7 lights and the backlight then when i was slowning down the clip the first back light vanished, and then there was 4 lights but no back light, but in normal speed you carnt see it

And body with slow down softwhere please can you confirm this to me

[edit on 13-12-2004 by leejones]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
so the lights vanished and reappeared again, or did they not reappear on later frames? if you are interrested in analyzing videos consider a better software than the one you use(adobe premiere or go to tocows.com for freebies at least).

and what about posting a link to the video would be help for us who never watched it , wouldnt it?

Nevertheless one interresting topic, besides the mexicanufos the best videos of a possible ET-sightning. IMO(Please dont talk to me about Billy Meier pics).

[edit on 13-12-2004 by feyd rautha]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
look down for the video clip off phoninx light just click the link to find the clip

[edit on 13-12-2004 by leejones]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The US Military has been testing Particle weapons used for fooling radar for 20 years.

The particuklar particle weapon I remember fires a beam of highly charged electrons that discharge all their energy in a flash of light at the end of their trajectory - If I remember it's something like a couple of miles. The effect is of course a blip on the radar screen and a ball of light that can move around and do �xtraordinary" manouevers. I actualy think this is what many UFO sightings near area 51 have been caused by. Area 51 being where the military set up many different types of radar, so they could test not only stealth tech but also jamming devices and these secret particle weapons too.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Maybe their foo fighters

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I vaguely remember seeing a program that featured the phoenix lights, without looking at the footage, is this the multiple lights strung out above pheonix along the mountain range?

If so, in my opinion, these look like countermeasures deployed by aircraft against heat seeking missiles.

Spacemunkey

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
saw a doucumentry on it too, they said it was allumination flares used by the military, they tried the flares again, but in the daytime, and they did the same thing. that doesnt explain the big triangle though...

PKD

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
saw this exact formation of lights when i was last in the states visiting my mates in New Jersey. a place called picatinny arsenal. at first i thought that they were saucers, but each light (disc shaped) eventually died out, and they showed up a good 15 miles past the underground arsenal, as there was a helicoptor hovering at the end of their trajectory path. the whole kind of spooked me, until i read this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The particular "string of lights" part of the Phoenix UFO story makes such perfect sense to be flares I cant even see why anyone is arguing about it... They even showed an overlay on some Discovery show with the daytime photos of the mountain range from the same location where they filmed the "UFOs", which shows that they dissapear *exactly* when they should, ie when they dissapear behind the mountain in the vicinity of the military testing range.

The other sightings is however another matter... As is the matter with the military not coming out with it quickly. The REASON for dropping them might be something very interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
The particular "string of lights" part of the Phoenix UFO story makes such perfect sense to be flares I cant even see why anyone is arguing about it... They even showed an overlay on some Discovery show with the daytime photos of the mountain range from the same location where they filmed the "UFOs", which shows that they dissapear *exactly* when they should, ie when they dissapear behind the mountain in the vicinity of the military testing range.

The other sightings is however another matter... As is the matter with the military not coming out with it quickly. The REASON for dropping them might be something very interesting.

Dear Merka,

I see no one has taken a stab at refuting your logic so allow me to try this from a different angle..ok?
i was in the military..in fact two different military's... and held top-secret clearance [in both.] That's not as high as it sounds but it is high enough to know I am on solid ground when I give you the inside scoop on military thinking and on why you should most definitely DISbelieve the official story you are getting from the air force.
Ready?

Here goes:
Q:
What's the difference between a cover story and a cover your a** story?
A:]
A cover story is one invented to hide the true nature or purpose of a Planned operation, exercise or event...and one to allay fears or suspicions among possible [pain in the A**] bystanders/witnesses without security clearance or a need to know.

A CYA story is one invented to hide the true nature of an UNplanned event.

Now if the military was a going to carry out exercises of a secret nature or extraordinary nature..one at night in which strange bright lights would be visible to a civilian populace all they would have to do to nip excitement and wild assumptions in the bud would be to issue a cover story saying"look folks, we're going to be trying out some new things, and we'll be using some bright lights, so nobody panic..ok?'
And all good American citizens would go to sleep safe knowing that even if they didn't know what the gov was testing or deploying, it was ll for our own good..and for the good of National Security.

Instead what we get is a CYA story..one issued AFTER THE FACT, which attempts to put a damper on the issue.

Now let's suppose they WERE testing experimental craft or weapons as some have supposed..why do so in such close proximity to a civilian center.
If they were flares what were they lighting up over Phoenix?
Normally flares are used to illuminate ground forces or targets for our artillery or field weapons to shoot at..so where were the ground forces?
BTW, pilots in jet fighters don't use flares to target when they have infra-red-starlight scopes and GSM laser targeting based on satellite imagery or ground-air uplink from forward observers....

And, if the flares cited were capable of doing what is depicted on the video, which is flashing out and flashing in again..and maintaining altitude for such a long time, and without leaving trails..why weren't they used in Iraq?
remember shock and awe..did you see all the flares Did you see all the smoke?
Where were the Phoenix lights?

But finally..and I stress this because its imprtant IMO..why are these lights appearting over ciites in other parts of the world at greater heights and behaving exactly the same way as the ones in Phoenix, causing just as much panic and controversy?
Are the Canadiaans testing particle weapons do you think? Or planning desert warfare?
I mention becuase this notion of secret weapons testing doesn't ring true in most cases..I know a little about secret trstings and they were carried out as far away from prying eyes as humanly possible..mostly underfround or in borrowed space from informed allies..like South Africa.

And whatever would we use these weapons against, anyway? Who on this planet has the technology to compete militarily with our standard issue Stealth fighters/ The closest rival is the European fighter and that is not as advanced as anything being described in some of these blogs by the supposedly in the know about black projects.
if they are indeed black project weapons systems they are being designed to fight off-planet foes..that's my view, becuase no one poses anything like the threat these vehicles seem designed to meet.

In closing i ask you agin to considert the difference between a cover story and CYA..which one does the Phoenix lights fall into?

My hope is that you'll remeber CYA is invented to explain things unplanned after the fact.

-Shai

top topics

join