It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police Shooting Near Ferguson Shows Suspect Pulling Gun, Except it Doesn’t

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This sucks, cops really need to have those body cameras or there car cameras on, it would close this so quick and no more people on the fence.

That's saying it like it is, and where 's the video from the intermediate cam that's visible, and probably the best vantage point.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: deadeyedick

I don't subscribe to your belief that people do things to end their lives because they're tired of it. That's your belief, you are entitled to it. I don't agree with it, which I also am entitled to.

Yes, there are people out there who are willing to step up. Being willing to step up, being able to step up, and being willing AND able to step up are all different things. This fella was willing to step up, but unable to.

The saying encompasses more than one simply thinking one is a tough guy.

I see your point somewhat but as far as the sucide by cop it is real and statistically real. That is what i mean by ones spirit being done with this place. Sure you can write it all off by stating that so many people just freeze at that crucial moment or that people are just so dumb they will lunge at cops while holding spoons but if you believe in spirits then it answers many questions. I am not sure about why in this case the altercation took place but any fool with a gun has better odds than what we just saw here. I have noticed in my lifetime and i bet you have too that often times people become conviently stupid. It often makes me wonder how people that seem so stupid in that last act ever got to the age they are and how the majority of people are still alive.

To me we just got a refresher coarse in what justifies an officer in shooting a suspect and we can now drop much of the hollywood gun vs gun stand off talk down bs that goes on in creating the mindset that people that point guns are just asking for help. A shooter that wants to live has the saftey off before the gun is even identified as a threat.
edit on 25-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Why is there even a debate?

The kid drew a gun on the cop. It was clear in the video. It was evident from the friend's reaction. It was evident from the cop's reaction. The gun was at the scene of the shooting.

The cop was lucky he did not get shot. The kid had the drop on him but probably was not familiar enough with it to go from safe to semi and pull the trigger quickly. The cop falling back was a normal reaction. Just getting some space between him and the gun until he could get his weapon into action.

However for the sake of argument, yes a better video would be 'better' but there is enough to be clear. Dash board videos and cop-cams are a solid idea for all involved. I can understand not wanting to wear one and having every time I pick my nose, fart, and say bad words permanently recorded for posterity. But when it comes to situations like this, there is a good argument for them.

For the OP de-railers, yes I agree the video of the cop choking the guy in New York was clear too. That cop was wrong. This cop was not.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

The cop was lucky he did not get shot. The kid had the drop on him but probably was not familiar enough with it to go from safe to semi and pull the trigger quickly.

The gun was on safe the entire time. He never fired a shot, he drew it and pointed it on safe. lol Terrible tactics, he obviously had it for status and wasn't trained on how to use it or fire it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I know what suicide by cop is, yes. I was referring to your idea about the spirituality of people seeking death and finding it and so on.

I don't see that this was a suicide by cop, I see it as an uneducated gunman tried to fight an educated gunman, and he lost.

You and I are arriving at the same point (for once, but hey it's christmas so who knows right?) for once, we're just getting there by different roads.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For what it's worth... I'm usually one of the first to think that the cops are heavy handed and trigger happy. It looks to me like the man pulled a gun, his friend sure bolted like he had pulled a gun. I'm saying the cops made the right call here. Tragic, and I'm still sorry anyone died. Even if he didn't, I can still see why the cop made a mistake. Standing with the police on this one.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
Ask the woman that ran. She saw it all. Give her a polygraph as well

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80 ... It's a gun.The only way it can not be seen as one is if you just want to keep telling your self it isn't.

i counter that the reverse is also true. the trouble is that the video footage shows nothing clearly. nothing. it neither proves nor disproves either version (gun/no gun). it's not enough. but you know. kudos.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

It's pretty obvious by the reaction of the cop isn't it? What about the 9mm gun the dead 18 year old dropped?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Anyone who claims this isn't a clear-cut case of "man pulled a gun on a cop and got killed by the cop" has their own agenda and is trying to intentionally mislead others.

If you can't tell that there's a man pointing something dangerous at a cop in that video, you need a new monitor or a new set of eyes.

You discredit yourself and the entire "bad cops need to be called-out" crowd when you look at every single shooting with such bias.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

originally posted by: Sremmos80 ... It's a gun.The only way it can not be seen as one is if you just want to keep telling your self it isn't.

i counter that the reverse is also true. the trouble is that the video footage shows nothing clearly. nothing. it neither proves nor disproves either version (gun/no gun). it's not enough. but you know. kudos.

Ok, if the video shows nothing clearly... please provide your opinion on what was pointed at the police officer that made the officer retreat, draw his weapon, and kill the person pointing it at him in addition to causing the third person to quickly unass the area as though something bad was about to go down before any shots were fired?

What did the man pull out and point, with an outstretched arm, at the police officer while walking toward him that instigated the whole incident?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

What did the man pull out and point, with an outstretched arm, at the police officer while walking toward him that instigated the whole incident?

I think they decided it was either a knife, a spoon, or a cell phone. And besides that, the mother said he was a good kid and didn't have a gun. Case closed, what else do we need?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This gif might be clear?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: sirlancelot

ANgle three shows the officers excessive reaction and withdrawl. I dare say he isn't moving backward, falling, unless he has a serious threat from a gun.

Precisely correct. In the first video shown in the OP, if it is paused at the 1:41-1:42 mark you can see the firearm being pointed at the officer.

That is an hilarious comment to make, that clip is running at 360p you can barely discern the pixel blobs between officers and civillian yet you, yes you can make out a weapon in the hands of the deceased.
I put this to you. if he pulled why didnt he fire, he had a wrap sheet for violence obviously he wasnt afraid to use it, do you think he was looking to take hostage's! or do you want to believe that the officers were able to draw and fire faster than the guy who had already drawn on them.
These gang bangers arnt idiots they are one step away from being urban guerrillas, you think this guy wouldnt know how to handle a handgun. police moral among the community is at its lowest point in decades so its not like he would have choked.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

Ok, if the video shows nothing clearly... please provide your opinion on what was pointed at the police officer that made the officer retreat, draw his weapon, and kill the person pointing it at him in addition to causing the third person to quickly unass the area as though something bad was about to go down before any shots were fired?

Oh I dont know maybe a pen like this guy!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That's pretty clear.

ETA: That looks like a different camera and angle than what we've seen so far. Trying to put the girl walking up to the scene and the guy running away into perspective with the other angles.
edit on 12/26/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
nevermind

The ignorance around here is unbelievable.
edit on 26-12-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: phoenix9884
Here's a GIF that's going around might provide some insight. Some claim to see the glow of a cellphone. Some claim its the officers flashlight reflecting off the gun. I don't take a position, merely relay the info. My eyesight isn't the greatest so it's pretty blurry to me anyway.

m.imgur.com...

Doesn't matter. He's defiant.
Doesn't work for police who are doing their job to protect society from danger.
That's what we train them and pay them for.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
a reply to: sirlancelot

ANgle three shows the officers excessive reaction and withdrawl. I dare say he isn't moving backward, falling, unless he has a serious threat from a gun.

Precisely correct. In the first video shown in the OP, if it is paused at the 1:41-1:42 mark you can see the firearm being pointed at the officer.

That is an hilarious comment to make, that clip is running at 360p you can barely discern the pixel blobs between officers and civillian yet you, yes you can make out a weapon in the hands of the deceased.
I put this to you. if he pulled why didnt he fire, he had a wrap sheet for violence obviously he wasnt afraid to use it, do you think he was looking to take hostage's! or do you want to believe that the officers were able to draw and fire faster than the guy who had already drawn on them.
These gang bangers arnt idiots they are one step away from being urban guerrillas, you think this guy wouldnt know how to handle a handgun. police moral among the community is at its lowest point in decades so its not like he would have choked.

Your opinion on the capabilities of the average "gang banger" are hyper inflated. The vast majority of them are nowhere close to being "urban guerrillas" as you put it. That's why the try and start gunfights without disengaging the safety.

Silly gangbangers

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

I put this to you. if he pulled why didnt he fire,

I'm sure he tried to, the problem was he pulled and aimed the gun on safe. It was his fatal mistake. Look at the first page, the 9mm is still on safe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join