It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police Shooting Near Ferguson Shows Suspect Pulling Gun, Except it Doesn’t

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: jheated5
Even "if" there wasn't a gun, what difference would it make? You make a gesture like you're pointing a gun, whether it's a ham sandwich or nothing at all, what is the officer supposed to do? wait until they get shot in the chest to identify if there's a gun?

He is supposed to determine what is being pointed at him then respond accordingly. Now if you add in a perp coming at you and pointing a ham sandwich as if it could be a weapon about to be used then it brings it to a different level because of the foward progress and confusing threatening gestures. They are not allowed to shoot just anyone who points an object at them and at first appearance looks like something it is not. They have protocalls that are in place.
edit on 25-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

What protocols would that be? Other than assessing the situation with their own eyesight?

There is a difference between pointing randomly and gesturing as if you have a weapon, I'm guessing part of that protocol you speak of is to identify what body language the perp is using.

Pointing to a street sign and acting like you're pointing a gun are 2 very different things of course and we know the guy wasn't helping people with directions.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Hey OP, the police killings barely contribute a percentage point to the black homicide rate in the US. Maybe you oughta ask why so many black interactions end in a black death. Better yet, go to black neighborhoods 12 hours a day like a cop, nightime too. Talk to the people there, then report back to us. I think you'll find the answer to your questions there, in the dark, late at night, far away from the media cameras, lights and police protection.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Of course the video footage that is provided is not clear and close enough, figures. However, the gesture he made before being shot certainly suggests he had a weapon. What I don't understand is why the hell would he be so stupid to do such a thing. Now granted there is a lot of police brutality and ridiculous double standards, but if people would just use common sense, then they could easily avoid the headache or worse...6 feet under.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Of course the video footage that is provided is not clear and close enough, figures. However, the gesture he made before being shot certainly suggests he had a weapon. What I don't understand is why the hell would he be so stupid to do such a thing. Now granted there is a lot of police brutality and ridiculous double standards, but if people would just use common sense, then they could easily avoid the headache or worse...6 feet under.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

I am personally on edge the entire time when I am in a so called "rough" neighborhood. I've been robbed at gunpoint, friends have, had an associate murdered during a robbery. The ghetto is literally a war-zone and I can't say I trust its residents or the police that have the unfortunate task of having to patrol unsafe hoods.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

There is a much better video on skynews yesterday... can clearly see the gun in his hand.

I'll try find it.

news.sky.com...

And here is the still image where you can clearly see it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hit and run OP?

If you are going to make the claim at least stick around and defend it

I also want to say that I don't lean towards a justified, I agree this one was.
I had not seen the recovered weapon till it was posted here so with that and the video it is no doubt that this kid pulled a gun on the cop.
edit on thThu, 25 Dec 2014 16:33:21 -0600America/Chicago1220142180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Since you asked "what do you guys think" I'll chime in: I think he had a gun. I think he pulled said gun. I think he had zero ability to handle to the weapon. I think he lost a gunfight because of his ignorance. I think it was a righteous shoot. I think some people are being willfully ignorant. I think some people don't care what info comes to light, or the manner in which that info is presented, it will never be "good enough" to convince them a cop didnt do something wrong. I think some people will always find a reason to change the parameters of what would convince them.

I think if one can see a person going through the motions of drawing and presenting a firearm, and a firearm is found on or near them, it's a done deal unless the gun is plainly a burner that was planted. And by plainly I mean the plant would've been caught on camera, the same cameras that caught the shooting.

I think trying to "pretend" you have a gun is pretty freakin stupid, whether one has one or not.

I think everybody wants to be a gangster till its time to do gangster #.

That's what I think.

edit on 25-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Counter point.

What is the proof that the cop shot him?

This whole "all cops are wrong" is getting asinine to the point that even with video people are now saying "don't see nothing". a man (with multiple arrests including armed robbery) is shot while committing armed robbery and his mom says "my baby don't even own a gun", so it must be the evil cops making up excuses to shoot down choir boy minorities again.

Stop committing crimes and your chances of being shot by the police are almost nil. I say almost because there is always a chance you'll be hit by strays when they engage other asshats committing crimes.
edit on 25-12-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-12-2014 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

What is the proof that the cop shot him?

The bullet recovered from the body would prove that it was fired from the officer's gun. I don't think there is any question that he was killed by the police officer. And there really isn't much dispute now that the kid pulled the weapon AND pointed it at the officer. The CCTV video shows the altercation from the moment the officer arrives on the scene.

edit on 25-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Yes i was thinking this too and it seemed that the people from the US were having a mass illusination or something.

I saw no gun and the only thing that makes me look for one was the sugestion from the police that he was holding one and lets face it the police have been known to plant stuff on people time and time again.

They would be be people protesting on the streets if they brought the story put out by the police would they now

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
What you think makes sense.

People need to apply Occam's Razor here.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

People need to apply Occam's Razor here.

No they don't, there is CCTV footage of the shooting.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

you think there are no people out there that are willing to step up? I do not think that is what you ment here but your comment is a bit challanging to many criminals out there. I believe the point you made about this certain guy hesitating at a moment of no return is false. He was just done with this life and kudo's for him not taking anyone with him. I say it is not a good time to challange people about their percieved skills. We are only a week past tragic times that went the other direction.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

The ones that can't seem to admit that a gun was drawn need to.

What pisses me off the most here is that every black guy shot by cops seem to automatically be a victim now.

What about Kelly Thomas?
White guy, beaten to death by a group of cops... All caught on video.
The cops were tried and acquitted.
Any demonstrations in multiple large cities for him? Any congressmen putting their hands up on national tv? Any NFL teams doing the same thing?
No.
He was white.... I guess he doesn't count.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I don't subscribe to your belief that people do things to end their lives because they're tired of it. That's your belief, you are entitled to it. I don't agree with it, which I also am entitled to.

Yes, there are people out there who are willing to step up. Being willing to step up, being able to step up, and being willing AND able to step up are all different things. This fella was willing to step up, but unable to.

The saying encompasses more than one simply thinking one is a tough guy.
edit on 25-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typos. Again.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well cause they are usually the people saying the things like "don't resist arrest and you won't have that problem"
Generalization I know but it seems white people are much more trusting of the police.

Not saying that is relevant in the thomas case but what I just read that seems like what started the altercation.

It is disgusting that those guys got off, but that is the way out system works.

Now if the right sports team wins.... well then all hell breaks lose.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

From the 2nd angle it does kind of look like he has a gun....interestinggggggg

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I don't understand what I'm looking at. Maybe because I'm on my phone but I can't see a damn thing.
Can someone tell me what caused the confrontation in the first place.
Also for the sake of argument, let's say he didn't have a gun. It is never a good idea to pull anything out and point it at ANYONE with a gun. The self preservation instict will override rationale every time.
Lastly why do all these innocent dead black men have records a mile long??
Don't get me wrong I hope the cops that murdered Eric garner fry, but still......

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join