It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police Shooting Near Ferguson Shows Suspect Pulling Gun, Except it Doesn’t

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I still don't believe he pulled a gun. There is too much contention. It smells fishy as hell. This whole recent fad of police brutality reeks of purposeful agenda! It's almost as if they've fully programmed enough police and enough citizens for it to be on the brink of civil war. I am certain that the elite want a civil war in America, they are not just preparing for it.. Please be careful guys.

(TheAntiMedia) Why do the circumstances around Ferguson and in inner city America continue to end in the police killing people?

That is a very complex question, and I have no answer for you. I’m not here to tell you what to think, I only asked so that you would ask yourself and think about it. This article is to encourage you to objectively determine what you will about this incident if you care, and to present you with available facts.

Antonio Martin, an 18 yr old black male was shot and killed by police last night near Ferguson. Police have released a statement claiming the man was allegedly armed with a handgun.

Surveillance footage of the shooting can be viewed below.

In the footage, however, it is very difficult to make out anything. Despite the fact that the video is so far away and the quality is so low, there is almost a universal reporting by the corporate media claiming this as concrete proof that corroborates the officer’s story. Also, the officer involved claims he did not have his body camera turned on at the time of the shooting. Another discrepancy is that dashcam footage would apparently capture this encounter at close range, however there is no word as to whether this camera was also turned off or if the footage will be made available to the public.

Full Article

What do you guys think?

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Good luck with this. I got trounced internet style yesterday for suggesting the same thing.

Psst… I agree with you.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Cameras on police are useless if they can be turned off. Either way it doesn't matter whether the guy pulled gun or not. If that video of unnarmed man being choked to death doesn't even end in manslaughter then it's clear police are for most part exempt from consequence.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think dash cam comes on when the red n blues come on. The problem with your theory is that no witnesses are stating he did not have a gun but they say the cop should have waited to shoot only after fired upon.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Cameras on police are useless if they can be turned off. Either way it doesn't matter whether the guy pulled gun or not. If that video of unnarmed man being choked to death doesn't even end in manslaughter then it's clear police are for most part exempt from consequence.

Product idea for free.
Just link up holsters with the cams so that they automatically come on if light or gun is removed from holster.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It certainly didn't look to me as if the dead guy pulled a gun.......

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If people don't want to open their minds it's on them not you.

TPTB most certainly want and will get a civil war in this country that will be fought over economic, social and political fronts. They don't plan anything unless they actually intend on going through with it. They want us divided, fighting against the local law enforcement so they can come in and oppress us even more.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
To me, it looked like he did pull a Gun...

Edit: Diatribe removed.
edit on 25-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If people don't want to open their minds it's on them not you.

I was countering the agenda to sweep it under the rug, for others sake who's minds might not have seen both sides.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The fact that the kid already had a violent criminal past, including three assaults and armed robbery says a lot.

Have you looked at the two other videos as well?

Second Angle - Berkeley Officer-Involved shooting

Angle 3 - Berkeley shooting: officer's retreat

Its a question of wrong or right??!! Well Orlando, just what would YOU do if someone was pointing a gun at you? Ask the person to join you in a sing-a-along? Spend time deciding whether you should respond at all? Oh I know! Maybe you would reach for your Taser or Mace and aim it at the guy who is POINTING. A. GUN at you! Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Antonio Martin may have been 18 years old when he died; however, this young MAN has a record of making some very bad choices since his 17th birthday. And this record isn’t one that has penny ante stuff in it either. Nope, this young man was quite busy during the past year. His criminal record includes multiple theft charges and three ARMED assaults. Yes, you read that correctly. In the space of one year, Antonio Martin engaged in armed assaults against people, and racked up a series of thefts. His final choice was the worst of all. Because of Antonio Martin’s decision to pull a gun on a cop; Antonio is dead, a police officer is on administrative leave, protestors wreaked havoc yet again, the media is writing their own slanted narratives and getting duped, and the city of St. Louis is left wondering when the next shoe will drop.

victorygirlsblog.com...

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It looks to me like he pulls a gun as well.
Or at least made it look like he did as he stretches his arm out.

This is one case where I lean more towards a justified shooting.

He didn't just make a move to his waist band or pocket, he made a move that some one that was pulling and pointing a gun at some one would make.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
So what did he pull out?

A ham sandwich?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like standard gun pointing stance to me. His record isn't going to help his family cash in now is it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
The fact that the kid already had a violent criminal past, including three assaults and armed robbery says a lot.

Have you looked at the two other videos as well?

Second Angle - Berkeley Officer-Involved shooting

Angle 3 - Berkeley shooting: officer's retreat

Its a question of wrong or right??!! Well Orlando, just what would YOU do if someone was pointing a gun at you? Ask the person to join you in a sing-a-along? Spend time deciding whether you should respond at all? Oh I know! Maybe you would reach for your Taser or Mace and aim it at the guy who is POINTING. A. GUN at you! Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Antonio Martin may have been 18 years old when he died; however, this young MAN has a record of making some very bad choices since his 17th birthday. And this record isn’t one that has penny ante stuff in it either. Nope, this young man was quite busy during the past year. His criminal record includes multiple theft charges and three ARMED assaults. Yes, you read that correctly. In the space of one year, Antonio Martin engaged in armed assaults against people, and racked up a series of thefts. His final choice was the worst of all. Because of Antonio Martin’s decision to pull a gun on a cop; Antonio is dead, a police officer is on administrative leave, protestors wreaked havoc yet again, the media is writing their own slanted narratives and getting duped, and the city of St. Louis is left wondering when the next shoe will drop.

victorygirlsblog.com...

Angle 2 makes certainly changes things. It looks like AM makes a aggresive move, the officer and AM's friend react. What does it for me is AM's friend reacted almost immediately and to me AM most likely had a gun, not a cell phone. The reaction wouldn't have been that pronounced.

As for the idiots who think a cop should wait to be shot at before returning fire that is just retarded, especially at that close of a range.

ANgle three shows the officers excessive reaction and withdrawl. I dare say he isn't moving backward, falling, unless he has a serious threat from a gun.

edit on 25-12-2014 by sirlancelot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Even "if" there wasn't a gun, what difference would it make? You make a gesture like you're pointing a gun, whether it's a ham sandwich or nothing at all, what is the officer supposed to do? wait until they get shot in the chest to identify if there's a gun?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic
It looks like a HiPoint C9 'ham sandwich'.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
According to one of the crime scene pictures of the gun, it appears that the safety on the 9mm still is up...

This may in fact have saved the LEO's life.

www.reddit.com...

Only the first photo below is the crime scene gun, the other two are just for illustration purposes...

Photo: Handgun recovered during #AntonioMartin shooting investigation.
twitter.com...

edit on 25-12-2014 by Murgatroid because: Added link

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Pause it at the 1:41-1:42 mark. You will see the left arm/hand extended with a weapon

Edit: Correction, I watched it a couple more times full-screen and it appears it's not the left arm/hand but the right.

edit on 25-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Good luck with this. I got trounced internet style yesterday for suggesting the same thing.

Psst… I agree with you.

Psst...

Don't stay quiet.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

ANgle three shows the officers excessive reaction and withdrawl. I dare say he isn't moving backward, falling, unless he has a serious threat from a gun.

Precisely correct. In the first video shown in the OP, if it is paused at the 1:41-1:42 mark you can see the firearm being pointed at the officer.

edit on 25-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join