It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police Shooting Near Ferguson Shows Suspect Pulling Gun, Except it Doesn’t

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Silly gangbangers

And they have piss-poor ops and mission planning... like the 5 men who broke into the house of the Navy S.E.A.L. that shot Bin Laden a week or two ago. It was a disaster for them.

Link to story

edit on 26-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

' causing the third person to quickly unass the area as though something bad was about to go down before any shots were fired?

Not correct, It is obvious, if nothing else is) that the third guy was the one in some conversation with the policeman, he fled when he saw the policeman going for the gun...watch the policeman's left cross over to the right in the gif, probably to change the torch to the left hand and leave the right hand free for his gun, as soon as that guy sees that, then he's gone and even shoulders himself from the policeman, and remarkably the other civvie was on the ground and shot, all in a matter of seconds. We also do know that as the officer retreats with the torch in his left hand, stumbles and drops the torch, jumps up and runs away to around the third/fourth pump...but that part is only seen on another camera, not the one the gif was made from, even though a good part of that view ought to have been seen.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

My favorite quote in that article:

"Once Mr. O’Neill had taken down the five men and secured his home, he brewed a pot of coffee and called the police station."

So nonchalant. "Well, that's done. Best make some coffee."

XD

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

How do you know the only reason he ran was because the officer was reaching for his weapon? How do you know it wasn't because he saw his buddy sticking a gun in the officer's face? How do you know it wasn't "crap # just got real I'm out homie!" or something similar? From the time the subject sticks his arm out and steps forward to the time the officer reacts to the time the other fella takes off is a split second.

The direction he turns is more indicative of which hand/foot is his dominant hand. People will typically shield their strong side and offer their weak side to a threat when under stress.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

My favorite quote in that article:

"Once Mr. O’Neill had taken down the five men and secured his home, he brewed a pot of coffee and called the police station."

So nonchalant. "Well, that's done. Best make some coffee."

XD

The whole thing is hilarious, and him saying "they had poor mission planning and ops".

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

He just dropped the flashlight, you can see it rolling across the lot towards the gas pumps when the officer falls down and retreats.

Edit: Nevermind, you said that. I should have read your entire post before replying to the above sentence.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

How do you know the only reason he ran was because the officer was reaching for his weapon? How do you know it wasn't because he saw his buddy sticking a gun in the officer's face?

From my vantage point it appeared to me that he was looking at the cop when his buddy drew his 9 mm, I think he just saw the officer draw in reaction. Either way, he knew a shootout was going to go down and he took off running.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

He just dropped the flashlight, you can see it rolling across the lot towards the gas pumps when the officer falls down and retreats.

No, it falls out of his hand when he falls down. See what I mean about crappy video on the 'net.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

No, it falls out of his hand when he falls down. See what I mean about crappy video on the 'net.

See edit above.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yea, that's what I mean. It's not as if the whole draw, present, reaction took place over several seconds. They were all within arm's reach of each other, or just outside of arm's reach. To try and pin the reaction from "the other guy" down to the officer reaching for his weapon is hard to believe in my mind. Dude was reacting to "# just got real" more than anything else, I think.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Silly gangbangers

And they have piss-poor ops and mission planning... like the 5 men who broke into the house of the Navy S.E.A.L. that shot Bin Laden a week or two ago. It was a disaster for them.

Link to story

Not a true story about the SEAL. Empire News is a satire site. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Party poop.

Though, that much would be obvious to any learned observer with related articles like "Shocking OJ Simpson confess he shot Tupac Shakur" and "Michael Jordan to make come back, suits up for Charlotte Hornets"

Doesn't make it any less funny!
edit on 26-12-2014 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Party poop.

Though, that much would be obvious to any learned observer with related articles like "Shocking OJ Simpson confess he shot Tupac Shakur" and "Michael Jordan to make come back, suits up for Charlotte Hornets"

Doesn't make it any less funny!

It was funny. But it wasn't real either. And maybe not as obvious to everyone.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Interesting, thank you for providing that information.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
If that video of unnarmed man being choked to death doesn't even end in manslaughter then it's clear police are for most part exempt from consequence.

Yes, that case and the reaction by many pretty clearly showed that if you don't literally do anything a cop tells you to with a smile on your face, then the cop is justified in killing you.

And I couldn't see a damn thing on that video

edit on 26-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So what did he pull out?

A ham sandwich?

A....No a hamsandwich would have received a trial.
It would be found guilty but not faced summery execution.
NOW IF IT WAS A DOUGHNUT,
NEVER WOULD HAVE REACHED THE COURT ROOM.
pOLICE WOULD HAVE DISPOSED OF THE EVIDENCE BY INGESTING IT.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think cops are surronded by armed people who have no empathy. Better yet the streets are full of criminals. a reply to: TechUnique

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ratpunk
I think cops are surronded by armed people who have no empathy. Better yet the streets are full of criminals. a reply to: TechUnique

Yea, so they should just come out guns blazing...cuz people are so dangerous n whatnot...Jesus Christ...

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: Answer

' causing the third person to quickly unass the area as though something bad was about to go down before any shots were fired?

Not correct, It is obvious, if nothing else is) that the third guy was the one in some conversation with the policeman, he fled when he saw the policeman going for the gun...watch the policeman's left cross over to the right in the gif, probably to change the torch to the left hand and leave the right hand free for his gun, as soon as that guy sees that, then he's gone and even shoulders himself from the policeman, and remarkably the other civvie was on the ground and shot, all in a matter of seconds. We also do know that as the officer retreats with the torch in his left hand, stumbles and drops the torch, jumps up and runs away to around the third/fourth pump...but that part is only seen on another camera, not the one the gif was made from, even though a good part of that view ought to have been seen.

Also just before the other guy runs he briefly glances over at his friend and raises his left hand as if to say "stop" "hold on" or "no" right before glancing back at the cop then running for it.

Another thing too is in the second video people see the object "flash" or "glow" when it's raised by AM, but another video angle shows that a light "I think it's the cop's headlights?" are already on him when he goes down with his hand to get the object and consistently on him in the same place when he brandishes it.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: ratpunk

Yea, so they should just come out guns blazing...cuz people are so dangerous n whatnot...Jesus Christ...

They should open fire when a handgun is pointed at them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join