It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Police Shooting Near Ferguson Shows Suspect Pulling Gun, Except it Doesn’t

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

And who's fault is that? If you want media attention when a white mans killed then get it. Only problem is most white people don't care if it doesn't concern them.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Here's a GIF that's going around might provide some insight. Some claim to see the glow of a cellphone. Some claim its the officers flashlight reflecting off the gun. I don't take a position, merely relay the info. My eyesight isn't the greatest so it's pretty blurry to me anyway.

m.imgur.com...

edit on 25-12-2014 by phoenix9884 because: no reason

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique
After reading the posts and watching the THREE vids, you only have one, its apparent there was a gun drawn, why did the cop retreat.

But this is not about facts and truth is it Tech, if your going to be a race baiter you should not be so obvious with so many facts left out...stick to just being a troll slick or read your talking points better.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

The "glow" is the officer's flashlight. It's out and turned on pretty much the entire time he is outside the patrol car.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The ones that can't seem to admit that a gun was drawn need to.

Oh I agree, I mis-read your post. I assumed that you were advocating we all use Occam's Razor here. My error.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
People that say they can see a gun here are seeing things because even if you zoom in you cannot see if its a phone, gun or packet of weed or even a spoon (Yes that got someone killed too) or a knife.

What about Kelly Thomas?

Yes agree they are executing whites too and getting away with it but they are killing a lot more blacks as a percentage than us white folk but they will turn on us even more if we allow them to kill others.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The officer is holding his flashlight with his gun hand. (That's from video 3, which shows the officer with his sidearm drawn and using his radio with his off hand)

So my question would be this: if it's a cell phone like some people apparently want to believe, why is the subject's friend running away? The officer didn't draw his weapon till he dropped his flashlight, which was when he was on the ground. So....the officer and subject's friend both took off running because the subject took out his phone? And both of them continued to create distance?

Really?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Dude... It's a gun.

The only way it can not be seen as one is if you just want to keep telling your self it isn't.

He has his arm straight out and pointed at the cop, and there was a gun found on the scene.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck.
edit on thThu, 25 Dec 2014 17:46:47 -0600America/Chicago1220144780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: VirusGuard
People that say they can see a gun here are seeing things because even if you zoom in you cannot see if its a phone, gun or packet of weed or even a spoon (Yes that got someone killed too) or a knife.

What about the three other people he was convicted of assaulting and robbing?

Were they also seeing things as well?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
According to one of the crime scene pictures of the gun, it appears that the safety on the 9mm still is up...

This may in fact have saved the LEO's life.

www.reddit.com...

Only the first photo below is the crime scene gun, the other two are just for illustration purposes...

Photo: Handgun recovered during #AntonioMartin shooting investigation.
twitter.com...

Okay, we get it that the first gun is the same as the one from the crime scene as pictured. The other two are different models. What I don't get is the comments section of REDDIT. Is that some kind of consolidation, and is it needed?
Most folk here are already of the opinion the guy pointed a gun by watching an already pretty crappy video on the Internet, with either his left hand or his right...it's so fecking conclusive innit?
BTW, angle three is angle one, but then again it's easier there to see the policeman with his torch flying across the tarmac out of his...buggar, was it his left hand or his right?
edit on 25-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't get it, you think the cop just randomly decided to pull his gun and shoot someone? And just by sheer coincidence this person had a weapon? And the cop retreating in such fear was part of an act? It couldn't possibly be the most obvious reason that he pulled on the cop? This crap right here from social media couch warriors and money grubbing journalists is the real danger and what gets people killed.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A couple more videos...

The first is a 6 minute enhanced video with all 3 angles, the second is an HD version of video #1...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopium
I don't get it, you think the cop just randomly decided to pull his gun and shoot someone? And just by sheer coincidence this person had a weapon? And the cop retreating in such fear was part of an act? It couldn't possibly be the most obvious reason that he pulled on the cop? This crap right here from social media couch warriors and money grubbing journalists is the real danger and what gets people killed.

You could be right, you could be wrong, and since the police themselves pulled part of the video..who ya gonna call?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

who ya gonna call?

We all know the answer to this question...
Ghostbusters!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3u40r15m

And who's fault is that? If you want media attention when a white mans killed then get it. Only problem is most white people don't care if it doesn't concern them.

I am of mixed racial ancestry. So you tell me, whose fault is it? Only white people can stand up for injustice to white people?
Racist much?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical

The "glow" is the officer's flashlight. It's out and turned on pretty much the entire time he is outside the patrol car.

Yes but based on the aggressive forward motion of AM in the close up video it would appear he is:

a. moving forward towards the cop
b. extending his right arm toward the cop with something
c. AM friend reacts to whatever AM has and bolts almost immediately.
d. In the other video the officer practically falls backwards trying to evade whatever AM has extended towards him.

Those with the the narrative that all cops are bad will always see what they choose to see, even if the facts refute their narrative.

Based on other shootings we have already seen that to be the case.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dystopium

No, no... he pulled a ham sandwich. He was asking the cop if he had any Grey Poupon.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I'm not denying he pulled a gun and aimed it at the officer. In the OP that's clearly seen in the video at the 1:40ish mark when paused. And the reaction of the police tells you he sure as hell was scared for his life.

edit on 25-12-2014 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Maybe it was a dildo? Maybe he just bought a bottle of Boone's Farm and was asking the cop on a date? Never know. I mean, but OBVIOUSLY it wasn't a gun. You can tell by everyone immediately running away and the cop hiding behind a gas pump that it wasn't in any way a gun.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This sucks, cops really need to have those body cameras or there car cameras on, it would close this so quick and no more people on the fence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join