It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony streams 'The Interview' online and makes Hollywood history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

A bit of Hollywood history unfolded on Wednesday. And it might be a glimpse into the future.

The controversial Sony Pictures comedy "The Interview" was released on YouTube, Google Play, the Microsoft Xbox video game console, and a special Web site.

The movie, which started streaming online around 1 p.m. ET, costs $5.99 to rent and $14.99 to buy.

So it is having historic simultaneous release in both living rooms and, come Christmas Day, about 300 independently-owned theaters across the United States.

Sony announced the digital release just an hour ahead of time, after CNNMoney and other news organizations began to report on the studio's plans to distribute "The Interview" through YouTube's movie rental store. Word spread via social media

Sony streams 'The Interview' online and makes Hollywood history

Didn't see this posted. This was yesterday, so it probably was. Please delete if it was.

Anyway, yeah...so here it is. They'll probably still make lots of money, so um Merry Christmas, Sony. (Plus in looking through 11 pages of search results, I see it's out there for..um...free.)

Available on YouTube, Googleplay, and Sony's Own Website, which was reportedly having some issues yesterday, but seems okay today.

Another Link where they say Seth Rogen says it's better in a theater full of people.

And sorry, but to me 'Hollywood History' would be if they streamed it for FREE and made a real statement to the alleged terrorists.
edit on 12/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Yay,,,,,No more late fees, no more lines, no more getting gunned down in a theater by MK Ultra Hegelian Dialectic Psyops, No more disgusting Pickle and Hot dog smell and the talkers in theaters, and no more waiting for other idiots to return the video so you can check it out at Red Box.

Go Sony!!!!!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: superluminal11

Haha. Yeah. History. Pffffffffft.

It's also playing at an independently owned theater here in Atlanta.

I probably still won't pay to see it.
edit on 12/25/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Laughing all the way to the bank.

Touche, Government/Sony it is still quite easy to guide the masses!

Thank god they stood up for the right of free speech! Murica is still Murica!

Edit- You could not pay me to see this movie. However that is nothing special you could not pay me to see any of the brainwashing nonsense coming of out hollyweird.

Step #1 in freeing your mind, destroy your TV!
Step #2 refrain from using computers to act in place of TV!
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amThursday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

They have it on YT for free and I still wont see it..

See what this hand is doing and that one isnt?

Think.....

That is all..

If you do not get it ask Santa for a brain..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

They have it on YT for free and I still wont see it..

See what this hand is doing and that one isnt?

Think.....

That is all..

If you do not get it ask Santa for a brain..

Is this to ME? Or just in general? Trust me, I see it. And my brain still functions quite well. Wish I could say the same for my fingers at 3:00a.m. Bwahahaha.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
"Never let a crisis go to waste."

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent
"Never let a crisis go to waste."

Of course not! It'll be interesting to see if more hacks/DDoS attacks happen.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I just went to YouTube, and you can watch it for free there. There is no fee.

www.youtube.com...

Now you can watch it on ATS.

Edit: Wait... it's just an ad, you have to pay for the stream to rent or own.
edit on 25amThu, 25 Dec 2014 03:20:35 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 25amThu, 25 Dec 2014 03:20:59 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 25 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembedded, as you must sign in to YT to watch it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

Ya I was gonna say, I went there and just found the ad for the paid stream.

I did get it else where, just finished it.

It was alright, glad I didn't go pay and see it tho

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
And get ready for new copyright .. anti-piracy/hacking laws .. net restrictions .. while sony rakes in more money from a movie that would have flopped otherwise .. the politicians get a christmas bonus .. and uncle scam got a propaganda bonus point ... but .. thats o.k everyone gets to see a movie about the assassination of a sitting world leader .. poor taste on many levels ..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

LOL

My god good sir, I can not thank you enough for that--- Uncle Scam!

How have I never thought of that, it is simply to perfect!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Evil Sony...

This video is not available in your country.

On Christmas day

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I noticed it was U.S. only and found that odd, seeing as it's online, why follow the traditional release model? Someone may know.

Ding ding ding. Couldn't agree more. Not really a good kind of history in the making here.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This film is what torrents are for.
Genius marketing, i´ll give 'em that, but people actually paying to see Seth Rogen?
It´s a mad, mad world...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LionOfGOD

The film is already up on certain sites

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

There was a question last week as to whether this was one of the five or so films that the hackers stole. No telling where those certain sites got it now, I reckon. Once it's out there, it's out there.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

LOL

My god good sir, I can not thank you enough for that--- Uncle Scam!

How have I never thought of that, it is simply to perfect!

I am tired of this c.ap. I live in the UK so I am not a ra ra US guy. In fact I find a lot of what the US does objectionable BUT :

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL EVERY SINGLE EVENT IN THE LAST X INTERNET YEARS BE IT PLANE CRASHES, OIL PRICE CRASHES, HACKS, FIRES, STOCK MARKET CRASHES, WARS, CIVIL WARS, INCURSIONS ETC ETC ETC ETC ALL DOWN TO THE EVIL EVIL US OF A

jesus H christ give it a goddam rest or at lest show some intelligence and admit that if the US is doing these things then :

SO IS RUSSIA, CHINA, IRAQ, ISRAEL, UK, FRANCE, GERMANY, SOUTH KOREA, NORTH KOREA ETC ETC ETC

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
The same Empire State tried to assassinate Castro for decades… and failed.

At least we can kill the bad guys on the big screen. If it ever does happen in real life average joes can laugh because they remember the movie.

So far we got one, "I saw it, it was alright".

Son of a flop.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL EVERY SINGLE EVENT IN THE LAST X INTERNET YEARS BE IT PLANE CRASHES, OIL PRICE CRASHES, HACKS, FIRES, STOCK MARKET CRASHES, WARS, CIVIL WARS, INCURSIONS ETC ETC ETC ETC ALL DOWN TO THE EVIL EVIL US OF A

Kuwait, Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia, Iraq, Libya, various "surges", Libya, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Mali, Sudan, Somalia… Ukraine.

Nah, nothing to see here.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join