It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW: Men Going Their Own Way

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
sex does sell because a lot of men think with their penis first. At least I know I'm guilty of that. Sex will continue to sell be cause we have a weak spot for sex. Times may change but human instincts probably take a lot longer to evolve

That's a myth. Men don't "think with their penis first", their decisions are strongly influenced by physiological factors such as mass testosterone production.

Why is it that tolerance and understanding for physiological functioning is only extended to women and not men?

And just because men have a weak spot for sex does not mean women should be absolved of their responsibility for taking advantage of that. Imagine if men were absolved of their responsibility for taking advantage of women because they are generally physically weaker?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Oh man, I respond to you only because your the last post and not to overwhelm or behave contrary to position.

As the price of bread can be directly linked to war, the Entropy(lack of order/predictability)/or divide amongst men and women can reflect a general decline in IQ, Mental stability i.e. mental illness, Family units, Happiness, It can lead to less literacy and even at its extreme Dystopia, the events preceding and leading up to the Renaissance, can be used as an example; catastrophize, the lack of food,and division of sexes, culminating in a mass die out led to a equalization of a sort. Thus the Renaissance commenced . Food, and sex the primal drives; Is there an objective ranking system? I think not! But, If you ask me Sex is number one, food a close second(biologically the drive to procreate is stronger than food, your death is guaranteed but the continuation of your genes is not).Sometimes the exchange of food is through the medium of sex and the reverse true as well. Furthermore id much rather the price of bread = 1000x$/ than the entropy of sexes be at its maximum, let me explain.

Men no matter how much we tout otherwise we're born at the mercy of a woman, this woman we call mother. Regardless of our disposition towards women,(factually) and intuitively we are directly personally tied to their life giving processes. It goes without saying, no need for a source; The mental health & and general sense of worth is directly tied to the relationship bond and inherent desire/affection we carry for our mothers. For yet a man has been born without a mother, and God * the day he is.

Women, however no matter how much they tout,(and without getting into to much detail) Their insides were made to be penetrated. The man carries a testosterone driven drive, to explode and she carries a drive to maximize said explosion.This process leave the woman weak and vulnerable, She is not only protecting, providing, thriving for her self; but in constant reminder of the unborn precious life that originates from the unbalanced nature of this reality

conceived, or the results of; this intuition is pervasive. The denial of either has detrimental consequences.

The patriarchal society is certainly archetypical of a dictatorship. Who either man or women, could imagine a intolerant desperate ruler, without the face of a man? Who either man or woman can imagine, a love and tolerance and acceptance thereof; Without the face of a mother.

The reverse is true as well; A patriarchal society can also be archetypical of its wise old men, and the power (biologically) to instill wisdom and love amongst all people. You could also claim women the great deceivers/and or distractors, less concerned with the common wealth, and more the selfish desire to remain adherent to one,(Humor)( The fool she, procreates with) All other actions taken by the (fool) represent the disloyalty of man. This example may be missing IYO, but archetypes and there implications go much further than the bible. but as an example and leisure of typing, eve eat the apple and presented to adman. Though I despise religion I see archetypes and there fundamental workings in all literature timeless or new.

Most unfortunately both roles, and or subsets of said roles, can be displayed by either or.

Mothers can be dishonest, God forbid! Fathers can rule with an Iron fist, God forbid! To deny gender roles and the archetypes that define them, is ignorant. Not to mention biological factors, and I am setting aside mixed gender roles, simply for ease of read, and continuity of thought and OP.

The attack is intended to create further entropy of the sexes , this will create a more docile and gullible people. Too caught up arguing the most basic fundamental establishments of life, to realize the encroachment upon free will and human rights.

Please don't forget, the prevailing idiocracy and eventual end of mankind.Is equally shared, amongst every sex, race, religion, creed. If it makes you feel better we can argue the fundamental difference's ad infinite, or we can make a difference and relate and aspire to be the best possible prototype archetypical paradigm of man and or woman, (not discounting or proclaiming the destruction of originality and its art). These instincts both psychologically and biological are intuitive/innate, the denial of which, or attachment of ego to negative archetypes is a choice.

edit on 25-12-2014 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
The irony of this post is that the toxic, undesirable women will STILL most likely pass on their genes while draining the life of any man with their vitriolic, materialistic behavior and sense of superiority. Then take the kids after shes done and mold them in her own terrible image to procreate through the ages.

The irony of this post is how men claim and assert their superiority and still cannot see how media and society, vastly controlled by men for ages, created precisely what men think the problem is. I've said it before and will say it again. All you have to do is go into the grocery store, get items then wait in line. Look left or right...you'll see it

THERE it is...the new issues of every crap glossy magazine there is...what's that? Oh the cover? Yeah no big deal...just hald naked actresses with a body that can only really be achieved with plastic surgery, insane amounts of exercise and dieting and airbrushing that 99% of women have no access to.

See the thing is, if people, men and women, opened their dang eyes once in a while, they'd see it all around. I am not going to pretend that every woman I have met is 100% stable. No, there are some who play games and submit to drama and it is awful and so life-draining. So that apparently means every woman on the planet acts as such? We're ok generalizing the entire female population on some bad examples?

How about what we created as a society? How about gender-bias? How about not giving women an equal platform to jump from? How about not telling women that they are worth only what their body and bedroom skills say they are worth?

Go ahead, deny it and tell me I am wrong. Tell me that everything has changed! Women can vote now! That MUST mean we are all equal right? That immediately eliminates all the macro/micro-scale aggression right?

Just because we made women legally equal means absolutely nothing. They are still expected to live to this unreal standard of beauty and still made out to be objects meant to be 'fetched.'

And yet...all this time and we deny it. I don't care about that "10 hours walking in NYC" video to be honest. There are claims it was set up...whatever...but the REAL reason I don't care about that video is because I didn't need it to see what is happening out there

I didn't need the video to tell me my wife was cornered in an office and only escaped assault due to her friend arriving just in time to pick her up

I didn't need a video to literally watch in front of my eyes, my friend "H" be verbally harassed just trying to get home on a bus. It ONLY ever seemed to let after I paid the fare and sat next to her. Know what the funny part was? This idiot apologized to ME...not her. ME. Why? "Oh **** dude...I didn't know she was taken." He only left her be because he thought she was my "property." And people are still blind to the sickness?

And it happens constantly....everywhere...and yet here we sit with the same disgusting discussion over and over about how women are castrating a nation all because they are finally fighting back to gain some footing and get on equal ground

That's ok though...people will either outright deny this post, or respond telling me I sold out, or am in denial, or trying to impress the women on ATS, or some other bull crap response

The reality in my mind is this

There ARE many good men out there who realize their partner is not to be under their boot or on the pedestal as their 'princess.' And I'd wager to say as time goes on, there will be more of them. Not in any way shape or form do I pretend to speak for women, men, or anyone outside of myself...I speak for me and me alone...and this is what I see from these unreal comments here and elsewhere

Peace out

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

Why is it that tolerance and understanding for physiological functioning is only extended to women and not men?

What do you mean by this? As far as I'm aware the physiological functions of women are used as to insult and ridicule or discredit opinions.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Then take the kids after shes done and mold them in her own terrible image to procreate through the ages.

When using such Lovecraftian terminology, how do you feel any better, any less vitriolic, any more wise?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Yeah man, animals have more pure state of being. I also am a pet owner, and I love them to just pieces and pieces. Rejecting people isn't quite it, it IS more the culture I reject, and the people who participate. This is not an aggressive thing, I just don't socialize, even in small ways. Long term I have a plan to totally eject and bug-out, find somewhere green and lovely, grow my own food, and let the world just turn without me.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

the past isn't the issue. the right now, is the issue. right now, the legal system is set up to abuse men/fathers/husbands. that's not logical. bringing up what happened a generation or more ago, is a waste of time, considering it doesn't fix the current problem, only dance around it with pitchforks, saying "na na na boo boo" and "karma!" it's not freakin' karma, since the men here, did none of that stuff. they are being punished for actions that predate them by decades and in some cases centuries or even millenia.

Think you've completely missed the point here of mentioning the past, this is not about karma it's about knowing where you've come from to know how you should proceed to go forward.

Also it is slightly relevant to mention the past seeing as so many men in this thread are blaming feminism for ruining their lives, shouldn't they be educated to know why women fought to change the system in the first place?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: KyoZero

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
The irony of this post is that the toxic, undesirable women will STILL most likely pass on their genes while draining the life of any man with their vitriolic, materialistic behavior and sense of superiority. Then take the kids after shes done and mold them in her own terrible image to procreate through the ages.

The irony of this post is how men claim and assert their superiority and still cannot see how media and society, vastly controlled by men for ages, created precisely what men think the problem is. I've said it before and will say it again. All you have to do is go into the grocery store, get items then wait in line. Look left or right...you'll see it

THERE it is...the new issues of every crap glossy magazine there is...what's that? Oh the cover? Yeah no big deal...just hald naked actresses with a body that can only really be achieved with plastic surgery, insane amounts of exercise and dieting and airbrushing that 99% of women have no access to.

See the thing is, if people, men and women, opened their dang eyes once in a while, they'd see it all around. I am not going to pretend that every woman I have met is 100% stable. No, there are some who play games and submit to drama and it is awful and so life-draining. So that apparently means every woman on the planet acts as such? We're ok generalizing the entire female population on some bad examples?

How about what we created as a society? How about gender-bias? How about not giving women an equal platform to jump from? How about not telling women that they are worth only what their body and bedroom skills say they are worth?

Go ahead, deny it and tell me I am wrong. Tell me that everything has changed! Women can vote now! That MUST mean we are all equal right? That immediately eliminates all the macro/micro-scale aggression right?

Just because we made women legally equal means absolutely nothing. They are still expected to live to this unreal standard of beauty and still made out to be objects meant to be 'fetched.'

And yet...all this time and we deny it. I don't care about that "10 hours walking in NYC" video to be honest. There are claims it was set up...whatever...but the REAL reason I don't care about that video is because I didn't need it to see what is happening out there

I didn't need the video to tell me my wife was cornered in an office and only escaped assault due to her friend arriving just in time to pick her up

I didn't need a video to literally watch in front of my eyes, my friend "H" be verbally harassed just trying to get home on a bus. It ONLY ever seemed to let after I paid the fare and sat next to her. Know what the funny part was? This idiot apologized to ME...not her. ME. Why? "Oh **** dude...I didn't know she was taken." He only left her be because he thought she was my "property." And people are still blind to the sickness?

And it happens constantly....everywhere...and yet here we sit with the same disgusting discussion over and over about how women are castrating a nation all because they are finally fighting back to gain some footing and get on equal ground

That's ok though...people will either outright deny this post, or respond telling me I sold out, or am in denial, or trying to impress the women on ATS, or some other bull crap response

The reality in my mind is this

There ARE many good men out there who realize their partner is not to be under their boot or on the pedestal as their 'princess.' And I'd wager to say as time goes on, there will be more of them. Not in any way shape or form do I pretend to speak for women, men, or anyone outside of myself...I speak for me and me alone...and this is what I see from these unreal comments here and elsewhere

Peace out

Awesome, ty for your opinion! I agree and couldn't have stated in any more precisely
We have been married for 33+ yrs, we have learned a lot over this time. We still fight like crazy, LOL, but who ever agrees with another 100% has to be crazy IMO. To remain an individual in a relationship is a daunting task, we have loved and lived through attempted control of each other, which did work for many years, we each gave up on ourselves for the relationship and responsibilities. My husband is a strong man and he followed through with his societal obligations for us and our kids. I followed through with my wifely expected obligations even though I didn't really care about that part of our relationship, but it is important to him so I give freely for that reason for love of this man . We both without fail decided either consciously or subconsciously that we would never ever let the other go so easily, LMAO, we have come close to wanting to kill each other, but I can truly tell you I will love no other like I love him and I always will no matter what he says or does. Many of both genders think the other is at fault and life would be better if we didn't have that pain to deal with. I think that is what's the sweetest, like the late great Bill Hicks stated, it's just a ride, enjoy the ride, stay out of psycho warfare or imposing desires or wants onto another. No expectations, no worries, no possessions just allowance and love. Have an awesome New Year, love to all!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In my day MGTOW meant homosexuality. Enjoy that life choice

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Men going their own way are men that should not be in a relationship to begin with, they cry fowl just because they don't understand their partners or what it is like to be in an adult relationship. Too much product worship and thinking sitcoms are how real life should look. One of the brilliant things about the average woman is that if you just give her a 5, she will give back anything between 7 and 8. Women don't have god knows what expectations of men. So if a man can't keep a stable healthy relationship, aside from some "obvious" examples, he is to blame. Making a woman happy and getting her to stay is easy, if you are not a self centered immature and unreliable pr!ck

And now we know why this trend is happening. Here is a prime example.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Until people learn to just accept each other as they are .. along with how to discuss things in a calm .. rational .. civilised manner and to comprimise .. nothing will change .. the finger pointing and tearing each other apart will continue ..

Funny .. its mostly in so-called "civilised" societies that have the problems of marriages and society falling apart at the seams .. never seen the problems in remote villages or among peoples that havent been exposed to so-called civilization .. sadly theres very few of them left in this world .. most of the world being destroyed by the cancer of so-called "civilization" .. the war between the sexes is part of that cancer ..
edit on 25/12/14 by Expat888 because: typo.. bloody english .. grrr .. need another drink ..

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
What the hell happened to morality in this country and a general sense of community and respect for those around you?

Thats the #ing problem ok not black or white or male or female.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

sex does sell because a lot of men think with their penis first. At least I know I'm guilty of that. Sex will continue to sell be cause we have a weak spot for sex. Times may change but human instincts probably take a lot longer to evolve

Sex sells just as well for women.

Wanna talk about gender stereotyping? "Men just think with their penis." There you go.

Women like sex just as much.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

ETA: Nothing from the populace actually... in general the male populace is just fine. It's the BS seen here in this thread and the others that pisses me off.

And you've done nothing to diffuse it. You have spewed as much, or more vitriol than the most bitter male in this thread. I came into this thread thinking..."Oh great. Another female bashing thread." I hate misogyny, and I hate misandry too. I was pro equality before it was cool to be so, but what I've seen in this thread makes me question my long held views on the genders, and my defense of women in general. Not that you need it, some of you are proving these guys points all by yourself.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62

Your premise is flawed because you fail to take into account the fact that sexual attraction is subjective.

Some people are not attracted to those types of women and some people are. You also make generalizations that those types of covers are only being marketed to heterosexual males. You failed to take into account bi and lesbian females who would also find those women on those magazines attractive and get enjoyment from the images.

You are complaining about the standard of female beauty while not calling into account the male standard.

Barbie meet He-Man.

You are also superficially injecting your own insecurities into your conjecture.

There are plenty of women that look like that without "insane amounts of dieting, excercise, and airbrushing."

All of the women in my family fit the description of those "pretend magazine girls," without any of the bs that you just listed. My mother and sisters were models, and none of them went through "insane amounts of dieting, exercise, or airbrushing."

I mean, honestly, why does it matter if someone finds a picture on a magazine cover to be sexual? Is there something wrong with sex or finding someone sexually attractive?

Take one of those pictures--not everyone will find it sexually enticing.

Some people have foot or hand fetishes--no one ever complains about the unfair standards of beauty that we hold feet and hands to.
edit on 25-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Theres an easy way to sum up your post: Treat people like people. But, even when you do that, the whole relationship game is stacked against men. It's just not worth it.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
As a general rule I don't respond to these 'sexist' threads mostly because I want to respond in kind and embarrass myself; however, today (X-mas) I ran across this tid-bit.

www.alternet.org...

In this case, many of the tropes and obsessions come directly from a fringe, online movement that calls itself “men’s rights activism." MRA rhetoric is notable for being intensely paranoid, seeing women as a subversive group that is out to get men. They argue that feminism--particularly feminism that addresses the problem of violence against women--is not an egalitarian movement as advertised, but a darkly evil movement that invents the problems of sexism, rape and domestic violence in order to gain power over men. It’s all very silly and hard to take seriously, except that some of the rhetorical gambits of MRAs are actually being trotted out by supposedly mainstream conservatives. The result is that the already misogynist right is getting even more misogynist.

Sure, in the real world, women still make 78 cents to a man’s dollar, but listening to Rush Limbaugh, you’d think men aren’t allowed to leave the house without female escort.

Mostly what I'm hearing in these frequent 'threads' on the terrors of feminism is irresponsiblity, self-pity and cowardice. And by cowardice, I refer to the inability to see one's own part in anything and just defensively place the blame (and give all the power to) another.

... and a remarkable lack of imagination...
edit on 25-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
just throwing this out there...you guys know this is more an american problem?
maybe in america you need to stop being less agressive and learn to communicate more.

Seriously. America has the highest divorce rates, and it seems to me, the most hostile war of sexes!

But it could be just the "behavioral sink" effect that John Calhoun found in his studies of rats and mice in an utopia- once all the social roles are filled, everyone goes berzerk.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager

The problem isn't women.
The problem is the system that's been created.
The justice system in most western countries if not all is an absolute joke.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Link not working..
edit on 25-12-2014 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join