It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MGTOW: Men Going Their Own Way

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Thank you for correcting this, it should have been 1970s and not 1950s. I was going off memory.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I have the answer for you all. It was rendered from the most brilliant wise king that ever walked ther face of our planet.

Are You ready?

Here it is....
while I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.

King Soloman

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem
'
PS the guy had 700 wives and 300 concubines. He should know

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon
snip - for size sake

I apologize...that looked like it was TM's post when it was part of mine that TM was quoting

So I will respond as that quote is mine

See my premise is just fine as it is and I'll happily go into why.

Let's take an example from something I've posted a couple times ((maybe here...if not sorry I will explain))

Ok for me, despite my own orientation, I am married hetero. I love women, and yes, as a man I will admit I get caught looking.

Now...Megan Fox, arguably, is on some of men's top 5 lists all the time due to her slim figure, beautiful skin, and pretty face. I personally don't see it...I mean she isn't terrible looking but I don't see all the rage about her. But your first point was subjectivity

I do not find Megan Fox attractive...HOWEVER that does not stop the fact that she has countless been voted in the top 3 most beautiful women lists, especially during the Transformer years when she blew up in the Hollywood scene. So while I may be very 'meh' to her, it is clear that the majority of men are certainly fired up by her beauty. And when you see the women on these covers, scantily clad, of course it is going to fire men up. I believe that is what society has created; a version of 'woman' that we are meant to desire. Even if you should ignore the rape statistics (and yes I am aware a tiny fraction of which have been faked) you really don't need my post at all to see it. All you or anyone needs is an open eye, open ears and an open mind and THAT is where the failure is. We believe that because we are in this new century that women are totally afforded all opportunity men are and to a great point, they are (save for several jobs we are STILL scared to let them try)

But all these microaggressions continue...They are everywhere and work in each direction

1. Lewdly chase women, cat calls, and so forth

or

2. "Women are terrible, game-playing, succubi"

((getting back to your other points in a moment))

Then we have the whole idea of sex and sexual conquest. Men all over treat the idea of sex as some Choose Your Own Adventure game. I've said it several times.

If I went out tonight and hooked up ten times, most of the male population would practically erect monuments to the power that is Kyo. I've seen it over and over. "Dude you had a threeway?", "dude you scored 3 times this week?" ((or sometimes just once but with that pinnacle of womanhood that each pathetic little boy chases)), "dude you ******** her? You lucky *****!"

And in case people missed it again...I am not not not saying this is all men...in fact I think the tides are changing, thank goodness, but there are ways to go

OK...so don't want to do you a total disservice

Point 2. The other standard...Yes men have their own standards to live to but they are much looser IMO. The big one is financial security right? Also our looks and the way we dress. And yet while we may be temporarily judged by such things, men aren't expected to upkeep themselves the same way. Where is the massive push for me to get plastic done when I turn 50? No, instead, guys grey out a bit and with a little careful tidying up turn from young stud to dapper gentleman in a matter of a couple decades. Meanwhile, back in the other pole, women age just like men and then the interest wanes. It just sort of falls off and there is all this media attention and demand that women keep themselves going to be "worthwhile." Plastic surgery, exercise, diet, all while making sure to bring in money while simultaneously receiving this message that they should tend to house and child. Meanwhile, I, as a man, can settle in and grow up and grow out and 'meh' no big deal.

I've been told I have a terrific personality. Been married 12 years, 13 in August to a admittedly stunner of a woman. She ALSO has a dynamite personality. And yet, when women comment to her about how lucky she is, it's on the order of "Kyo is so friggin funny! When we work ((I work overnights in the ER)), it doesn't matter that it's 3 AM, he still makes us laugh and smile"

Ok...that's awesome and boosts my confidence daily

On the other hand...the comments I receive about my wife are on the order of "Holy crap she is smokin. How did you manage to land that?" And yeah at first I took it as a mighty compliment. Why? Because my brain was stuck in some prepubescent bull crap where I thought I'd won a prize...and then when I grew up and matured it hit me

How about "damn bro your wife is hilarious", or "dude, she is smart as **** man", or "I can't believe she is getting her PhD ((in a STEM field no less))"

But these are not what matters

LOL..."my own insecurities" My friend, I haven't had insecurities in quite some time. I freely admit that during the first two years of my marriage I was SUPER insecure. Thought all the time "what is she doing with me? Why doesn't she leave me?" Until one day I realized that whether she looked like vintage Audrey Hepburn or a baboon's ass, I love her for who she is, and she knows it. She knows full well that her squishy brain and heart are what I lover ((ok that was creepy but most of y'all et my drift)) I love her for what we share and for our dislikes...it's all good and keeps things moving. She isn't my object, she isn't under my boot, and she isn't on some pedestal. She starts with every opportunity I have and if she falters she knows two things

1. It was HER that faltered...not some crap mire I put her in

and

2. I will catch her...just like she has caught me in the past

So the last point...why does it matter if people find some cover girl ((eh hem...woman)) sexual?

It shouldn't matter....it really shouldn't...but here is my problem that I didn't make clear enough...seriously...admitting this part was my bad

I am concerned about men drooling over a magazine...to a point. Yes it bothers me, but in the end, if some celeb doesn't mind being ogled, then who am I to tell her "no don't do Playboy" or Maxim or whatever...fire away ma'am!

The bigger concern I have is girls and other women seeing that display. Again, I make no attempt to speak for ANY women or men outside of myself. What I describe are the myriad responses I have found from women/girls in therapy and my own personal observations...the stats can speak to the rest

These young girls see this new crop of "role models" - The Iggy's, Miley's, and Kim's of the world in their airbrushed perfection and wonder why they can't have that. Why can't they be that? ((I mean I don't get it...I think all that fake bs is gross...but again...I don't decide for others))

Iggy has a team of people to assure she looks flawless in a video

Kim exposes herself constantly and shows girls that it's ok, show off and guys will love you...meanwhile, she is super airbrushed in these magazine shoots...and for the moment she did get *gasp!* overweight, media and society attacked her a la Jessica Simpson

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Miley just keeps on pushing the idea of exposure, twerk, be generally disgusting and it's ok! I'm your role model!

Look...I am not saying return to some crappy traditional ideal where women are covered head to toe...women can and will dress how they want, act how they want, and be who they are...and that should be ok...

What I am ultimately saying is two-fold

1. Society does push an unreal and typically unattainable regulation of what beauty is and they shuns those same celebs when they fall from "grace" and beauty

and

2. Despite all of this, we still think it is totally legit and ok for men to ogle, chase, cat-call and harass women whether they are wearing a power suit, something fun and flirty, or even a flipping oak barrel I bet!

Frankly...the only insecurities I see are the male populace who are figuring out that society is shifting and not having this BS anymore...It must suck to run the world for ions and then feel like you are losing "control"

And yes...I am well aware some women have and will use the concept of feminism to torch even the most innocent males...and I will and do fight that with the same breath

discernment....it rarely exists anymore...we just prefer extremism

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
What the hell happened to morality in this country and a general sense of community and respect for those around you?

Thats the #ing problem ok not black or white or male or female.

Their is no respect. It is run your mouth on the internet and ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. Alot of sick people all over the place who are raised with both parents at work while the kid runs around and does whatever they feel like with no responsibility or consequences for actions at all because parents are afraid to punish their child for wrong doings because someone will step in and call you a child beater,molester,gay,animal killer,baby basher and the like. These young KIDS grown up now are just big children themselves and do all of the above and then some so the next generation can grow up even sicker than the last. WHY, the parents are at work, NO DISAPLINE so the child runs around and goes out and takes his guns to school, does all the drugs, alcohol ,hangs around wrong crouds, smoke cigaretts at a younger age, has sex sooner, learns from others around them that it is ok to act this way and do this, it's cool. But that's in now mommy. When you hear that statement that means you or your kid are lost and clueless to help yourselves in a positive direction. That lipstic is in now, that outfit is in now, that car is in now, the jones have this and the jones has that. These are all plores to put you down so you think in your brain you need this crap to be in , so you BUY, BUY,BUY,BUY,BUY. I hate to say it and the percentages don't tell a lie. Most wimen buy into this crap. You don't have to join a gang to be in. You don't have to be rich to be in. You don't have to buy a harley to join the croud, You don't have to look like the joneses next door.Then when the kids get older it catches up with them in their brain that hey my kid is worse than i was when i was a kid. That carma just caught up with them. Some parents just don't care and continue this lame activity and everyone around them is disrespectful of their parents, girlfriends,friends and all others around them, these are the most lost of them all. They rely on others to take care of them. NO PROPER PARENTAL GUIDANCE. This was lost when both parents had to go to work to support the family. Now days it takes support from you, your wife, renters to pay the bills. The quiet family values flew out the window back in the 60's when both parents had to work. Now you only have jerry springer family values and married with children mixed with beavus and butthead raised children. Why do you think they show this stuff on t.v. BECAUSE IT IS YOU. A FACT. It will only get worse from here on. SAD, VERY SAD. Parents like this will only blame one another and in the end after the children are out of high school or maybe before will get divorced. THIS TREND WILL JUST GET WORSE GENERATION AFTER GENERATION. You will see a rise in gangs,guns in schools,shootings, divorces and others lashing out at one another. The university of minnesota did a study that when they gradually put more rats in a cage, the rats got more agressive. People need space and this is running out also. People will get more agressive and a pretty town will turn into a run down smelly hole with lots of violence. I been around the whole world and i have seen alot of this kind of activity but it mainly stays concentrated in cities. When the cats away, the mice will play. This is so true. Society IS LOST. Good Ole Family Values are gone for good.
The cats in the cradle with a silver spoon and little boy blue and the man on the moon. When he's coming home son i don't know when, well get together then dad, you know welll have a good time then. He grown up just like me, my boy ,just like me.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

I just think it goes to show that nature has a way of righting things when over population happens.
The behaviors that used to encourage us to procreate begin to short circuit, so that we stop making babies.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloaked4uWhen the cats away, the mice will play. This is so true. Society IS LOST. Good Ole Family Values are gone for good.

Maybe that's a good thing. Family values in the terms it's typically used in the US means

Opposition to sex outside of marriage
Support for a traditional role for women in "the family"
Opposition to same-sex marriage
Support for complementarianism
Opposition to legalized induced abortion
Support for abstinence education
Support for policies said to protect children from obscenity and exploitation

None of those so called values are actually doing society any good. They certainly don't teach right from wrong.

Like I said before, treat women like they're people. For that matter treat men like they're people too. It's such a simple concept, don't try putting people into what you feel their predefined role should be. Let them decide. You can solve so many issues that this thread is talking about just by doing that.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
just throwing this out there...you guys know this is more an american problem?
maybe in america you need to stop being less agressive and learn to communicate more.

I'm just going to throw this out there. Guys have been put through the blender. They lost their masculinity years ago. Quite frankly, guys need to get their balls back. Communications is not a male/female issue, Its a personal problem. Maybe gals should think before they get involved. Just do a search on "Woman prefer bad boys", and then they want to bitch about them or change them. In fact I feel sorry for men every where, women bitch and bitch their men into shape. I thought it was hilarious to read in Proverbs 21:19 "It's better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife."

Proverbs 19:13
A foolish child is a father's ruin, and a quarrelsome wife is like the constant dripping of a leaky roof.

Proverbs 21:9
Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife.
edit on 26-12-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
I have the answer for you all. It was rendered from the most brilliant wise king that ever walked ther face of our planet.

Are You ready?

Here it is....
while I was still searching but not finding-- I found one upright man among a thousand, but not one upright woman among them all.

King Soloman

First of all, there is ZERO proof that your "King Soloman" even existed, let alone being "the most brilliant wise king that ever walked ther face of our planet". Second, you can't even spell the supposed name right, but hey that's par for the course with imaginary people, much like your "King David".

Take your fables somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
a reply to: visitedbythem
'
PS the guy had 700 wives and 300 concubines. He should know

See my first reply to your fables...nobody cares about your made up BS. "King" Solomon never existed, neither did your fake hero "King" David. No proof of existance, zero, zilch, nada = made up BS.

edit on 26-12-2014 by MyBossOwnsYours because: typo

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MyBossOwnsYours

That's totally irrelevant. The fact is they had nagging wives back in the day. I don't blame any man for not wanting to put up with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

That's totally irrelevant. The fact is they had nagging wives back in the day. I don't blame any man for not wanting to put up with it.

I dont think you know what that word irrelevant means....because it is totally relevant. We are talking about living human beings, not fables from the past.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyBossOwnsYours

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I dont think you know what that word irrelevant means....because it is totally relevant. We are talking about living human beings, not fables from the past.

It's an old book, Solomon is irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

???? Do you have trouble comprehending? Yes, yes you do.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

i think they already know why. we're already passed that part and now are into the part where the repair of past mistakes has resulted in repeating past mistakes, but in the opposite direction. we need some balance here. however, i think it would be more advantageous, if you're going to explain it for their BENEFIT, that you do so with some compassion for the people being hurt.

don't think of them as a gender, because the laws are currently abusing their gender, just think of them as other human beings who are being disenfranchised, abused by the system. if we rubber stamp that treatment of them, the end result is going to be a horrendous backlash. ya know the whole do unto others thing needs to start somewhere and it might as well be with we ladies.

Do me a favour, review all of my posts in this thread and find me one line where I've said the legal system is working perfectly and men have nothing to be whining about. You won't find one because that's not what I've stated at all. What I've stated is that their blaming their ills on feminism and it's blatantly ignorant.
Yes there is a issue with the court system in America and men are getting screwed when it comes to divorces and seperation but please inform me how whining on an Internet forum and blaming it all on feminism while also stating that "men are going there own way" - explain to me, how is that going to help anything or anyone?

A lot of the guys on here make themselves out to be tough manly men that haven't been given the air time and platform to be successful in life but the only thing they seem to excel at is making blanket ignorant statements and backing it up with whining - like women haha

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

With luck it will keep some guy from going through the living hell I got put through by my ex-wives and they will avoid marriage like the plague..

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

With luck it will keep some guy from going through the living hell I got put through by my ex-wives and they will avoid marriage like the plague..

Did you ever stop for a moment and think some men make better life choices than you? Did you ever consider that some men were taught emotional intelligence that helped them not date woman who they knew could possibly disrespect them when they got bored of the relationship?
Granted you can't possibly predict the future but you know well enough that you couldn't date a woman who was cheating on her current husband with you and then expect her to be faithful to just you when her husband finds out and leaves her - yet people do fall for that because they think they're "special"

What are you going to do about the injustices men face in modern America?

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yaaawwwwnnn.. figured would hear the same drivel spouted that your type are so fond of spouting .. dont worry dearie theres still plenty of men to believe the rubbish you peddle .. and still many stupid enough to marry one with the attitude problem you have...
Also .. I neve have and never would date married women .. and was loyal to all my wives .. its called honour something people today lack.

As to societies problems .. after a lifetime patching people up in warzones around the world I dont give a tinkers damn in hell about so-called society .. let it all burn .. the entire thing needs a reset. nations.. governments.. leaders .. come and go .. at the end of the day none of it means a damn thing .. damn sure none of it worth throwing my life away fighting or dying for .. used to care .. but these days .. meh the world can go to hell ..
edit on 26/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: mikegrouchy
Oh yes a very serious and possible outcome. One that must be avoided at all costs, really it would be quite annoying to be in the same room with that many women, it must be quite an annoyance. This Sparagmos thing must stop, but hopefully the new line of boy bands will keep them appeased as the sacrificial lambs placed before the alter of society, just dont let them smell blood.

But then again, the chance that the opposite of that will be on the rise as well. I mean what about this, per depicted in vid. Or maybe we should just worry the things which are more relevant and real for now.... Ebb, Flow, Tow...Why its even in the tittle of this thread MG TOW. Suspicious no?

The video above is a cartoon. The one below is with real live actual living people. Notice how much the women enjoy it, almost like it is therapy.

"That was fun!" Timestop: 1:57

"My name is Lauren and that felt really good.
" Timestop: 2:21

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time." Timestop: 2:57

Ever since the State has set it self up as the parent, human men have become an accessory. A disposable product or commodity. I wouldn't be surprised if they start chemically stunting the brains of males shortly after birth, just to be kept around as drones. For labor and breeding.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join