It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Airlines boss claims MH370 may have been shot down by US military near Diego Garcia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Former Proteus Airlines boss, Marc Dugain, has claimed that the USA may have shot down MH370 earlier this year, fearing an attack on their military base on the island of Diego Garcia. He is the second high profile aviation professional to doubt the official story.

Dugain said the downing of the plane may have come about for a range of different reasons, including the possibility that it may have been shot out of the sky by the US military, who were fearing a September 11-style attack on the base.

He pointed to the testimony of residents of the Maldives, who reported seeing an airliner travelling towards Diego Garcia on March 8, but whose claims were largely dismissed.

Dugain said a fisherman on Kudahuvadhoo island told him a “huge plane ... with red and blue stripes on a white background” had flown overhead at a low altitude.

The former airline boss claimed he had also been shown pictures of a strange object that had washed up on a beach of neighbouring Baraah island.

According to Dugain, two aviation experts and a military officer believed the object was an empty Boeing fire extinguisher, but the mystery object was subsequently seized by the Maldives military.

In the Paris Match story, Dugain also appeared to dismiss the “handshake technology” evidence supplied by the UK company Inmarsat, saying that such organisations were “very close to intelligence agencies”.

goo.gl...
edit on 22-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital
At least he's saying something.
Seems that we've been easily distracted to the story surrounding MH17...while the disappearance of MH370 remains a lot muddier.
I, personally, don't think "shot down to protect Diego Garcia" holds much water.
The witnesses, as I recall, said it was flying very low when passing their island/s.
I could be wrong.

ETA: By the time MH17 might have been passing the Maldives, and/or posing any kind of threat to Diego Garcia, everyone had known it was missing for a number of hours. ATS was keen to the disappearance shortly after the radar/transponders/etc...went silent.

edit on 12/22/2014 by WanDash because: just eta

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

From as early as the first couple of days I believed it had been shot down...

There was a lot of speculation about DG in the infamous 400page MH370 Thread...
Some very believable speculation.

But what drew my attention the most was that Beijing Airport received threats citing planes being flown into the Airports building just a few days before, March 4th I believe, with the "disappearance" coming on the 9th...

Added to the well publicised fact that the flight was headed to Beijing Airport when "contact was lost"...

I decided to side with Ockham's Razor.

Beijing> Terror Threat> Inbound Airliner> Comms Lost> *Missile> *Chinese Cover Up for fear of Families backlash.

*My speculation amongst the facts.

Edit:Nice Avi Daas

edit on 22-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Anything is possible, but if the US shot down the plane, whether by accident or on purpose, I don't see the rest of the world being quiet about it. China, North Korea and Russia among others would be shouting it from the rooftops if it were true.

I still think the plane disappearance had to do with the passengers from Freescale Semiconductor and the patented technology they were a part of, and/or the mystery cargo that Malaysia airlines claimed didn't exist. There's a LOT more involved here, and I believe that a lot of governments know the truth but just aren't talking.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

All I see is a conspiracy theorist coming up with a conspiracy theory without much evidence to actually back it up. Sure there are a lot of little things here and there, a lot of statements by individuals which all suggest different things, but his opinion seems to be based on a lot of his own conspiracy notions.

Given what we know, the official story is the most plausible one. Unless these theorists can provide more than just a "belief" that their narrative is true, we have no choice but the trust the available evidence.

And his claims that the UK company providing the evidence of pings is suspicious is laughable. This is a private company, supplying data to various agencies for validation, and we're supposed to just dismiss that because he "thinks" this company is "too close" to intelligence agencies?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and as usual all we're seeing here is one conspiracy theorists notions being in complete contradiction to all the available evidence. Logic would suggest that he's wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The claims made by this man, are way more believable than anything else we have heard, I think this guy is onto something

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sounds plausible, especially considering some of the eyewitness reports of a plane falling in to waters near China during the time of MH370's disappearance.

I'm not exactly sure what i believe yet, but i thought it interesting how evidence had shown the plane to turn around and fly West/South-West, as if the pilot was intentionally avoiding flight radars. That would put it somewhere in the Indian Ocean, but i don't think the story is as straight forward as what we are led to believe.

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar.

edit on 22-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

It's interesting to not though, that a plane was reported to be flying very low over the islands, towards Diego Garcia.

I'm not sure if it was shot down, but i think those eye witness claims should have been looked at further.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Given what we know, the official story is the most plausible one.

I disagree with that considering there was about 3 different OSs all of which were based on "just a belief"...

It was in the North of the Indian Ocean...
Then it was in the South of the IO...
Then it was slightly closer to the coast of Australia...
Then it was North again...

And so on...

we have no choice but the trust the available evidence.

I also, most definitely, disagree with that.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am of the opinion that the official story is no more believable than alternative counterpoints.

Most of the stories have been provided with some evidence...it's a matter for each and every authority of the suspected locations to aid in searching for the plane and confirm whether the evidence and leads are to be believed...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

All I see is a conspiracy theorist coming up with a conspiracy theory without much evidence to actually back it up. Sure there are a lot of little things here and there, a lot of statements by individuals which all suggest different things, but his opinion seems to be based on a lot of his own conspiracy notions.

Given what we know, the official story is the most plausible one. Unless these theorists can provide more than just a "belief" that their narrative is true, we have no choice but the trust the available evidence.

And his claims that the UK company providing the evidence of pings is suspicious is laughable. This is a private company, supplying data to various agencies for validation, and we're supposed to just dismiss that because he "thinks" this company is "too close" to intelligence agencies?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and as usual all we're seeing here is one conspiracy theorists notions being in complete contradiction to all the available evidence. Logic would suggest that he's wrong.

I believe the man is legit and has a serious concern and theory. This is what he said in October, 2014.

Clark's suspicion over MH370's watery grave is due to the fact that not a single piece of debris has been located, "not even a seat cushion." I have maintained from the beginning that if the plane had hit the ocean surface, it would have broken up and left floating debris on the surface. There are a lot of non-absorbent plastic parts on an airplane. If it had been successfully ditched a la the "Miracle on the Hudson," survivors would have contacted loved ones. without a doubt. So if MH370 didn't end up in the Southern Indian Ocean. where did it go? If it's on land, where are the passengers? Are they being held captive? Have they all been executed? When will we know? What if we never know?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Rocker2013

Given what we know, the official story is the most plausible one.

I disagree with that considering there was about 3 different OSs all of which were based on "just a belief"...

It was in the North of the Indian Ocean...
Then it was in the South of the IO...
Then it was slightly closer to the coast of Australia...
Then it was North again...

And so on...

we have no choice but the trust the available evidence.

Hear you on that brother. The "Official" story keeps changing! How official can it be when based on theories?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
...I'm not sure if it was shot down, but i think those eye witness claims should have been looked at further.

Those were my thoughts at the time, as well.
Wasn't Diego Garcia far enough away from where the flight began, that the flight might not have made it from the Maldives to DG?

I'm not in the 'shot down' camp, however.
Unless the flight was hijacked to be shot down.
Too many things had to go wrong/right for the flight to have even continued to the Maldives.
And - what about all those mangosteens?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I have no idea of the "scientists" on board were really anything special.

If they were, the plane's disappearance would be a great cover story to quietly smuggle them into the black world, never to be seen from/heard of again.

I would imagine some of the world's brightest scientists are never known because they get snatched up by the government/military.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This new report doesn't hold water.

IF someone was planning a "9/11 style attack" they would NOT be planning to invoke memories of it at Diego Garcia.

A highly defended military base as diametrically opposed to downtown NYC as is possible on planet earth could NOT possibly be intended to bear any relationship to 9/11 WHATSOEVER.

There are no buildings, no witnesses, no cell phone cameras, no landmarks or skylines, no residents or civilians, NOTHING like the World Trade Centre in any way. The US wouldn't even have to acknowledge the event having taken place!

The impact of 9/11 had everything to do with the target being in the heart of the nation instead of a remote atoll.

But within a couple of miles of where MH370 took off ARE the two MOST similar and directly comparable landmarks to the twin World Trade towers ANYWHERE in the form of the twin Petronas Towers, property of the Malaysian government.

This theory of Dugain's is too close to the facts to be anything but a last minute attempt to divert attention from a clear trail and to stall for a little more time.

Yeah, I believe there was an attempt at a repeat of 9/11, but it was in Kuala Lumpur and the target was the next closest thing to the WTC, the Petronas Oil, twin towers.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Suspicious perhaps not, they have the equipment to hear and analyse the pings. What they did in the analysis though is up for grabs, because other scientists think the information was analysed wrongly making the search area more restricted that it should be. That also makes DG a possible candidate amongst many others.
As for the 'official' story, like many other official stories, it's riven with complications and mistakes, funny pictures at the airport. Pictures of a Boeing fire extinguisher on a Maldive beach, as well as witnesses seeing a plane flyover there...and biggest of all, a missing plane. Anybody who takes the 'Official' story at face value, is simply sticking their head in the sand.
edit on 22-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

And this is the crux of the problem with ATS and conspiracy theorists in general.
While it's right to consider all reasonable possibilities, it is logical to work from the available evidence and most plausible explanations rather than manufacturing a narrative to suit your belief.

If you believe something to be false, you seek evidence to support that belief, and if you can't find it you move on to another explanation and seek evidence for that. But what happens here is that people manufacture a fantasy of what they want to have happened (whether it's aliens stealing a whole plane, the USA shooting it down, or a terrorist act) and then try to force the reality around their fantasy, creating more fantasy when they can't find the facts to support their belief.

Conspiracy theorists used to be logical, they used to seek evidence for their beliefs when there was reason to chase a story and something there to suggest that what they knew was not true. These days anything is considered acceptable, the most outlandish and crazy scenarios are simply accepted as being possible when there is absolutely no evidence for it.

I find myself often repeating the same phrase here - Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It's going to take a lot more than conjecture and hearsay for me to believe that all the facts we have been presented with are simply false. Someone saying "it's not true" does not make it untrue.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
As for the 'official' story, like many other official stories, it's riven with complications and mistakes, funny pictures at the airport. Pictures of a Boeing fire extinguisher on a Maldive beach, as well as witnesses seeing a plane flyover there...and biggest of all, a missing plane. Anybody who takes the 'Official' story at face value, is simply sticking their head in the sand.

Stories change when facts are presented. Of course the official story changes too, as more evidence comes to light. This is what an investigation does - it seeks out information to form a narrative of events, so of course things change.

This is not a conspiracy simply because new information comes to light.

As for all the little things that don't make sense, this again always happens, because things change when information comes to light through investigation. In addition to that, I have not seen any interviews or statements from people who claimed to see this or that in this location or that location. A name on a blog is not evidence, a YouTube video is not evidence, a rumor is not evidence.

If people claim they saw this plane (no other plane, THIS plane) flying low in a certain place, where are they? Where is their statement? If they have made a statement, what was the response to that statement? Surely there must have been one? Why is that instantly ignored while the original statement is allowed to stand without any evidence?

It's not "sticking their head in the sand" to come to conclusions based on all the available evidence. It's called being logical and sensible.

As someone somewhere once said, if you open your mind too far your brain will fall out.

It's one thing to have an open mind, it's another to turn it to mush by ignoring reality and facts.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

I believe the man is legit and has a serious concern and theory. This is what he said in October, 2014.

Clark's suspicion over MH370's watery grave is due to the fact that not a single piece of debris has been located, "not even a seat cushion." I have maintained from the beginning that if the plane had hit the ocean surface, it would have broken up and left floating debris on the surface. There are a lot of non-absorbent plastic parts on an airplane. If it had been successfully ditched a la the "Miracle on the Hudson," survivors would have contacted loved ones. without a doubt. So if MH370 didn't end up in the Southern Indian Ocean. where did it go? If it's on land, where are the passengers? Are they being held captive? Have they all been executed? When will we know? What if we never know?

But if it was shot down, there still would be a debris field.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
this was trending on facebook last night, as soon as the russian blame started i knew there would b more to it than just plane shot down over n active warzone.

whats the chances of 2 malaysian airline "incidents" happen within months of the first plane going "missing"

they can track the gps of phones but cannot locate a jet tht obviously has some form of gps on it, a plane doesnt just disappear out of the air with no trace.

then months down the line mh370 is shot down over ukraine, who has the most to gain out of this situation?

certainly not russia or ukraine or malysian airlines for that matter.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join