It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when people used to wonder if there were disinfo agents on ATS?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Thank God there are still plenty of decent members left on this site making it worth coming to

i bet at least half of those are dis-info agents that are just reeally good at their job.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer Take the headline "Black Lives Matter" What does that have to do with ATS? Sounds like talking point on MSNBC.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
People that think that there are no dis-info agents on internet forums as big as ATS are oblivious. If we think about the trillions of dollars spent by the american government to keep it's international standing and power, to pay 30-40k a year to a shill is a great investment of their unlimited budget thanks to hard working people paying taxes.

Yes, internet forums have become that important.

While skeptics are the first ones to say things like... :
"Oh well, people disagree."
"There is no problem whatsoever."
"Oh then everyone that disagrees is an agent?"

...when actually, those skeptics are the first targets that disinfo agents don't want to lose on their side.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I think there are disinfo agents but I don't think they work the way most people here think they do.

To me the disinfo agents would pose as part of the group they are trying to discredit. Working from within. There job would be to make the side they supposedly act on behalf look as crazy and nutty as possible.

Who gives CTers a bad name? It isn't the ones with well sourced evidence based theories its the ones with wild outlandish BS. Such as those claiming the trade center planes were a hologram or say they were brought down with nukes and lasers. That is the type of disinfo which mars CTers as being loony. That would be the kind of disinfo that would work to discredit any group and those of the group would be less likely to tear that stuff down as stupid because they have a go team mentality.

I think disinfo agents will be more likely to post known hoaxes on behalf of the cause they supposedly stand for. No offense but I once thought you fit that bill after posting the video about giant skeletons being found and hidden with known hoaxes within it. I do realize that wasn't the case but you had me questioning your motives for a while.

here have been other threads from people here that make me wonder like the thread about the earth being flat or the other day when one OP claimed to be both God and Jesus H Christ. It is hard to tell if those people were being serious or if they were actually mental.

Point is I think Disinfo Agents would work from within a group to make the group look as stupid and silly as possible which discredit their stances and ward off others from considering that side of those positions. I don't think they would try to argue against the side they oppose instead they would destroy it from within and would be generally accepted and supported by the cause they are trying to destroy.

That is my opinion.

edit on 22-12-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Of course people disagree but it's no theory that countintelpro exists, and not just from the US but practically every nation in this world. Forum sliding is a big part of it and forum sliding on ATS is all too easy.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You can see a blatant agenda to pervert the course of content on the site.

Interesting. I don't suppose you could give some examples?

It's the kind of thing that is easier to spot in trends. Single, highly suspicious cases could easily be any manner of things. When you've got the eyes to start seeing the patterns, especially over time, it becomes incredibly obvious.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who has noticed it. I'm sure plenty of members who have been here longer than I have probably started noticing it a long time before I did.

On the proviso that this thread has appeared in the RANT section, I accept it as such.

Be careful 'spotting trends/patterns' - you know what some might say about tying disparate pieces of information together and forming a picture that's not quite right, and quite possibly erroneous, based on your emotional response to 'having the eyes to see patterns'...Pareidolia?

A99
edit on 22-12-2014 by akushla99 because: addd

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
People disagreeing with me in threads has nothing to do with this. Are you being purposefully thick or just wildly jumping to conclusions naturally?

Well hmmmm...

You are an adamant christian who is bitter that some people don't follow your archaic, anti- evolution philosophies..

You are one of the "Rothschilds/Jews" are wrecking the world and are to blame for all the worlds troubles" Type of people...
(rolls eyes)

-and, as quoted above, you are rude and easily go off topic to prove that fact.

You call people who disagree with your holier than thou/I'm right you're wrong attitude "shills".

-I think we can close tho book on this one folks.

OP Your arguments beg to be dismantled by both everyday folk and shills alike.

Bring that garbage to the table and expect the worst.

We're here to deny ignorance. If that's the definition of a "shill" then so be it.

edit on 22-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

What you did not get your check this month for debunking him? I'll talk to HR for you

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
For a thread with so many comments like "the OP is just annoyed that so-and-so disagrees with him" and trying to discredit what is a Rant, and in the perfectly correct forum for such - it leaves me to believe he has hit upon some raw nerves.

That being said, I have been a reader of ATS for much longer than I've been a member, and one would have to be living under a rock to not see that there are agendas here, and REALLY obvious ones as well - at least if you read the site with any degree of regularity.

Just going to leave this here, for those that may still be in complete denial:

The 25 Rules Of Spreading Disinformation

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: KyoZero

Of course people disagree but it's no theory that countintelpro exists, and not just from the US but practically every nation in this world. Forum sliding is a big part of it and forum sliding on ATS is all too easy.

Most sensible comment on this thread!

I was simply trying to bring something up because I read in a thread on the dark net about counter intel strategies for forums. I knew this stuff existed on ATS and I've even wrote about it on here before I think but after reading it I saw ATS in a whole new light.

The forum sliding is an obvious one. The disinfo agents is a lot less obvious but over time it becomes more and more evident. It's not hard to see this, as has been proven by the response this thread has received.

If I was writing this thread because people disagreed with me, I would think those disagreeing with me in this thread are disinfo agents but I don't. They probably wouldn't post in this thread anyway because that would hot them up. You've gotta think about these things, those disagreeing with me obviously haven't thought enough about it enough, or already have some preconceived bias toward me no matter what I say. (Lol)
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to find a post of mine on this site where I call someone a disinfo agent because they disagree with me. I doubt you will even bother, what a shame.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I wonder how much money has been spent trying to destroy this site. How many different agencies, corporations and 'politicians' do you think have had this sites name cursed in their minds? I wonder how many have woken up because of it! I sure know this was the first site that got me really interested in this stuff.

The stupid question would be why on earth would any authority bother it's ar.e with this site. It's not like anything posted here drives policy or gets thousands of people marching on the streets or causes stock markets to tumble. Nothing zip zero . There is absolutely no reason to waste time and resources. Folks here need to realise that the vast vast vast majority of people look upon members of a site like this as nutters. So job done without one word of disinfo being spread.

The site has changed I grant you that but it's not disinfo agents. It's the unbelievable number of ridiculous mindnumbing nonsense. It's as if all the people who used to stand on soapboxes at the corner of Hype Park or walk around the streets with "the world is doomed" placards over their shoulders (remember them?) have all joined ATS.

I am 56 and I took an interest in this stuff when I was a teenager, no internet back then, just books and magazines. I still have them hundreds of them. But here's the real bummer. Over the intervening 40 years I have come to the conclusion (thanks to the vast information resource called the internet) that the vast majority of conspiracies (or unexplained mysteries as was the language back then) are nothing of the sort. Lack of scientific explanation for some, lack of information on almost all !! It is amazing how many "mysteries" rely on anecdotal evidence, which we all know is as useless as a chocolate fireguard.....except when the conspiracy relies on it DUH!

There are the occasional decent threads but Jesus the amount of dross to wade through in the meantime is tiring and annoying.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
They are now required by spiritual laws to give you visual warning in their avatars of who they are.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

For a thread with so many comments like "the OP is just annoyed that so-and-so disagrees with him" and trying to discredit what is a Rant, and in the perfectly correct forum for such

Just for your information, this thread was originally posted in another forum other then the "rant" one.
It has been moved to this forum by a mod.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
They are now required by spiritual laws to give you visual warning in their avatars of who they are.

Lol so you are a whale and Iam a Chimp?....or am I the cat?.

lol wut?.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I challenge anyone to find a post of mine on this site where I call someone a disinfo agent because they disagree with me. I doubt you will even bother, what a shame.

I challenge you to post evidence of a disinfo agent's post/s on this site. I doubt you will even bother, what a shame

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I challenge anyone to find a post of mine on this site where I call someone a disinfo agent

You mean other than this one?
lol

I had a quick view of your threads and got the impression that you have quite an attitude here on ATS.
Like...other people who disagree with you are just idiots, you're right, theyre dead wrong type of stuff...

To be honest I'm surprised the mods let you get away with half the posts you write, calling people dim witted and accusing people of not realizing your pathetic fairy tale take on the world.

You think the devil himself put dinosaur bones in the ground to test peoples faith?

....Do you, as an adult, know how ridiculous you sound?

-trying to sell us all archaic little fantasy tails..Santa Clause stuff, Unicorns, blah blah blah....

I think you take advantage of the forum rules.
I'll be watching and reporting every single time yo make the error of calling anyone on this forum anything other than
ms, mrs, or sir.

edit on 22-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

I totally agree with everything you have said. I am a relatively new member yet have recognised patterns of replies to threads being post almost instantly and ridicule the topic without actually responded to the OP info. I feel alot of negative words that suggest hoax etc are used alot in a way where a new user reading a OP will automatically pick out hoax comments and thus render the info as possible hoax.

I also think it is very obvious and is not as other have said with differing opinions.

My personal favourite is where a thread with a video of a ufo in broad daylight was into its 12th page of discussion and a new comment saying it was a hoax because he could see by the look in the OP avatars eyes. It used the words fake, hoax etc alot and refused to elaborate.

Only option is to just keep working at it because ultimately it will get harder to extract real info.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
I challenge anyone to find a post of mine on this site where I call someone a disinfo agent

You mean other than this one?
lol

I had a quick view of your threads and got the impression that you have quite an attitude here on ATS.
Like...other people who disagree with you are just idiots, you're right, theyre dead wrong type of stuff...

To be honest I'm surprised the mods let you get away with half the posts you write, calling people dim witted and accusing people of not realizing your pathetic fairy tale take on the world.

You think the devil himself put dinosaur bones in the ground to test peoples faith?

....Do you, as an adult, know how ridiculous you sound?

-trying to sell us all archaic little fantasy tails..Santa Clause stuff, Unicorns, blah blah blah....

I think you take advantage of the forum rules.
I'll be watching and reporting every single time yo make the error of calling anyone on this forum anything other than
ms, mrs, or sir.

Beautiful Karma!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

No it hasn't. I wrote it in the rant forum. Where did you even get that from?
Amazing.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join