It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Remember when people used to wonder if there were disinfo agents on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I think it's well past the point of wondering now lol.. it's almost painful to see the barrage of these goons whenever something genuinely worth posting on ATS is brought up. It's so bloody obvious. Whenever I see a thread that I think, finally, I could really sink my teeth into this. Not just the usual already talked about, obvious, or repeated MSM bollocks.. I get there and the thread has been trampled on. Relentlessly.

Then the threads you'd EXPECT to recieve a bad response on this site.. (The ones that used to.) are finding their way onto the front page more and more. Don't even get me started on the forum sliding technique. That happens every day.

I really feel for all of this.. I feel like I am losing a member of my family. I know I am not just being dramatic.. can you notice it too? Thank God there are still plenty of decent members left on this site making it worth coming to, also the new content from staff. Otherwise this site would be trash. Luckily the diamonds in the dirt make it worthwhile.

I wonder how much money has been spent trying to destroy this site. How many different agencies, corporations and 'politicians' do you think have had this sites name cursed in their minds? I wonder how many have woken up because of it! I sure know this was the first site that got me really interested in this stuff.

I love this site so much. It was like a home to me for years.. this is why it breaks my heart to see it turn into something completely new and unlike what it once was..

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Ya totally brah.

Disinfo agents everywhere

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
yeah...maybe a couple

but did you ever consider people just disagree? Because that does happen in life...no offense, but I really don't think the posts on ATS are so important that people hire folks just to talk crap about conspiracies.

People DO disagree...and people DO disagree in professional and unprofessional ways...Frankly I think people want to believe so hard that their findings are either that important or that somehow they stumbled upon the truth. There are most certainly cases where people respond rudely...no doubt...but maybe people are just rude sometimes.

But then there are people who pick apart a theory very scientifically and politely...maybe they just discern things?

Yeah I truly believe all things are certainly not on the up-and-up...no doubt in my mind...but no offense to some CTers...a lot of times they will latch onto the smallest "evidence" then when confronted, even politely and scientifically, will fall back on the disinfo BS

I especially LOVE the ones who seem to be alwasy "followed" and/or "have the answers right here" but can't give them because they'll be "assasinated" or because "you guys aren't ready"

So do I think there might be an agent or two here? yeah...maybe a couple...but I don't buy for a second every flippin BS argument where someone disagrees and MUST be a disinfo agent because IT IS SO OBVIOUS

I'm sorry but I think it is dramatic

As far as how much is spent trying to destroy ATS?

About tree fiddy

edit on 22-12-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

By destroy I mean pervert. You can see a blatant agenda to pervert the course of content on the site. Luckily the staff do a great job and so do some old school members, but a lot of the time there is an obvious 'battering' of the site.

It runs deeper than you think and on many more sites than ATS. YouTube is a prime example.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Some times it's just opinion.

If I think the object in a picture claiming to be a three headed squirrel is in fact, a lowly rock, then I will state my opinion.
(It's a rock)

-just an example

edit on 22-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique
You can see a blatant agenda to pervert the course of content on the site.

Interesting. I don't suppose you could give some examples?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Some times it's just opinion.

If I think the object in a picture claiming to be a three headed squirrel is in fact, a lowly rock, then I will state my opinion.
(It's a rock)

-just an example

Doesn't this go without saying?..

Neither one is required to be devoid of the other. If there weren't people agreeing and disagreeing about important stuff on this site then there wouldn't be a need for disinfo agents.

They need to make sure that people are agreeing and disagreeing about the right things, as much as possible. It's blatant when you have the eyes for it. Some people on this forum only post to disagree with people. And when you put a picture together of the kind of stuff they agree and disagree with in the long run, it doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't be able to delve into this and show you because it would be against the terms and conditions of the site to start singling out members and pointing out why I think they aren't legit bonified truth seekers, because who I am to say right?

That being said I think its safe to say that a lot of it is fairly obvious. It feels like it is a gigantic elephant in the room among older members. It's almost a taboo subject.. or maybe people have just fully accepted it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You can see a blatant agenda to pervert the course of content on the site.

Interesting. I don't suppose you could give some examples?

It's the kind of thing that is easier to spot in trends. Single, highly suspicious cases could easily be any manner of things. When you've got the eyes to start seeing the patterns, especially over time, it becomes incredibly obvious.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who has noticed it. I'm sure plenty of members who have been here longer than I have probably started noticing it a long time before I did.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Or again...maybe, just maybe, CTer's who are by nature, and I truly mean no offense which I will show in a moment hopefully, prone to seeing stuff that isn't there

These threads about disinfo this and disinfo that have been here since before I started in 2008. Even when I first began you could see threads about how ATS has devolved with all this

Again, I am sure there are or have been a few, but I highly doubt it is rampant like some claim. I think people truly do want to feel validated. What better way than to believe people are following them because they stumbled on the ultimate truth?

If I hit on some topic...say...I found an organization that had specific racial targets in police, and I posted it, and suddenly I got arrested for jaywalking and questioned by FBI or whoever, that would validate me like crazy ((just an example of course))

And I DO believe many people here on ATS have hit on some pretty wicked stuff. Like you and ATS as a whole, I cannot bring up specific threads...but I can't count how many I saw back in 2009 and later that had the wackiest most unrealistic things that were picked apart by scientific knowledge...and BAM...everyone is a disinfo agent

Now with that said and as I alluded to earlier...people who are the skeptics do need to realize((as it took me some time to do admittedly)) that a run and gun denial is not exactly going to favor them well. Of course it is going to look like some agent is on here trying to pervert the system ((sorry for my previous choice of words...my apology))

I won't say the names, but certain skeptics here I look up to famously because of their ability to discern...even if said member sometimes goes a wee bit too far

But it seems to me whenever I hear the 'obvious' arguments of how to spot a disinfo agent, it comes down to people who disagree....

BTW...if you are wondering...I was hired by Reagan when he was still in office

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

It's the kind of thing that is easier to spot in trends. Single, highly suspicious cases could easily be any manner of things. When you've got the eyes to start seeing the patterns, especially over time, it becomes incredibly obvious.

I'm sure I'm not the only member who has noticed it. I'm sure plenty of members who have been here longer than I have probably started noticing it a long time before I did.

But see how easy this is to misinterpret? If this is the case, then I could quite easily label about 90% of the CTers on this board as agents for their own brand of disinfo

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
So anyone with an opposing view to you is an agent.
Thats what I'm reading here and have read before when a member gets his intellectual ass handed to him many times.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Exactly.

It is far more likely that certain groups involved in conspiracy theories are here pushing their brand of conspiracy.

Actually, it's not likely, it's definately happened. I've busted a couple myself...they get outed and banned.

Has any supposed disinfo agents, as the OP calls them been outed? Not that I'm aware of.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Exactly.

It is far more likely that certain groups involved in conspiracy theories are here pushing their brand of conspiracy.

Actually, it's not likely, it's definately happened. I've busted a couple myself...they get outed and banned.

Has any supposed disinfo agents, as the OP calls them been outed? Not that I'm aware of.

Impossible to downright prove someone is.

(post by TechUnique removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I think it's well past the point of wondering now lol.. it's almost painful to see the barrage of these goons whenever something genuinely worth posting on ATS is brought up. It's so bloody obvious. Whenever I see a thread that I think, finally, I could really sink my teeth into this. Not just the usual already talked about, obvious, or repeated MSM bollocks.. I get there and the thread has been trampled on. Relentlessly.

Then the threads you'd EXPECT to recieve a bad response on this site.. (The ones that used to.) are finding their way onto the front page more and more. Don't even get me started on the forum sliding technique. That happens every day.

I really feel for all of this.. I feel like I am losing a member of my family. I know I am not just being dramatic.. can you notice it too? Thank God there are still plenty of decent members left on this site making it worth coming to, also the new content from staff. Otherwise this site would be trash. Luckily the diamonds in the dirt make it worthwhile.

I wonder how much money has been spent trying to destroy this site. How many different agencies, corporations and 'politicians' do you think have had this sites name cursed in their minds? I wonder how many have woken up because of it! I sure know this was the first site that got me really interested in this stuff.

I love this site so much. It was like a home to me for years.. this is why it breaks my heart to see it turn into something completely new and unlike what it once was..

A site like this is far too important to be left unattended. You must simply use your instincts when trying to filter through disinformation. Anyone that frequents this site should already expect to have certain individuals try to tell them the sky isn't blue.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

But that is basically what you are saying...you are accusing members of ATS of being disinfo agents with no evidence other than your own.
You have based it on people disagreeing with you...thats it.
I could call you a dis info agent for some of your threads to spread dis info on education.....but I will not I just accept you are wrong....pity you can not.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I've done it..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've also exposed a middle aged man who posted here pretending to be an attractive young girl to try and draw attention to their blog.

I could mention something about excuses and that you actually don't really have anything on certain posters apart from them disagreeing with you, but I wont.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

But that is basically what you are saying...you are accusing members of ATS of being disinfo agents with no evidence other than your own.
You have based it on people disagreeing with you...thats it.
I could call you a dis info agent for some of your threads to spread dis info on education.....but I will not I just accept you are wrong....pity you can not.

Did you read the thread?

People disagreeing with me in threads has nothing to do with this. Are you being purposefully thick or just wildly jumping to conclusions naturally?

Are you still pissed about those other threads? Aw bless you. I'm sorry I didn't listen to your nonsense arguments.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think it's just easy to get jaded sometimes. Yes there's disinfo agents just like there are in real life, on the media, everywhere you go. This is just like a cross-section of society except a little more anonymous.
Here this is for you -

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I'd have to agree. Personally I don't even think there is a need for dis info agents here at ATS. At least one in any sort of official capacity. There may be plenty of self appointed ones but I just seem them as trolls. Maybe there are some legit ones, who am I to know. But for the most part the multitudes of people with their own opinions do just as good of a job.

I'm curious what the OP considers signs that someone may be a dis info agent.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join