It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Remember when people used to wonder if there were disinfo agents on ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:24 AM

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
There are definitely professional contributors who always appear in certain forums who simply disagree with any notion of a conspiracy without being able to bring any concrete evidence to de-bunk a thread. It's just a case of posting a comment in order to derail a thread and keep repeating the same message throughout a thread, you must have seen those?

Absolutely! Those definately exist. Someone will always try to derail a thread no matter how good and no matter if it is a CT or a skeptic or even a normal post. But what precisely makes them 'professional'? Have you seriously never met a so-called master troll? I've seen people in other forums, my own included, who will literally stalk one thread, one topic, one member or one theme and relentlessly prey on the posters...that means they are ((insert dirty word here)) it doesn't have to mean they are paid, endorsed or professional

People are rude....fact of life

And again, while I may agree that one or two has popped on, I am very much of the mindset that a massive majority of them are just jerks

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:44 AM
I remember from time past , a war of sorts declared on the big bad conspiracy websites, hell we even had a good few threads on it,
Shortly after ATS changed its grown-up website to this cartoonish childlike site with pretty smileys and bright shiny adverts
Oh then the tidal wave of adverts .....
Yeah ok ATS wants to make a little money but gees
Now ATS wants donations!!!!
Critical thought and research has been replaced by emotion and who can shout the loudest with flags and stars thrown around like candy
I used to come to ATS to get away from the senseless sheeple
Now they're here
The war on conspiracy analysis is well under way and we are loosing , the owners and admin of this once great site have either sold out or have been manipulated to the point that this site is turning Into a joke

And us as members although many have called out blatant shills trolls and those with an ulterior motive have also failed for not standing our ground and fighting to protect a site we loved
But meh mods often stamp out such self policing

But I feel ya

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:16 AM

originally posted by: boymonkey74
So anyone with an opposing view to you is an agent.
Thats what I'm reading here and have read before when a member gets his intellectual ass handed to him many times.

You can't just flip from there are some agents of an agenda to everyone with an opposing view is an agent. That's not a fair point boymonkey.

I'll say this again and I've said it before. I worked in the US Army around these type of people.

There are people who have strong opinions. I'm sure sometimes I look like an agent to particular people, but then there are those who have agendas. There really are.. I mean We all had to be together in basic training.. You know why?? All of us has At LEAST secret clearance. None of us were Infantry, and yet we were all trained around the 82nd and 101st at FT Benning, which is now all infantry again (I think).

I wasn't involved in that stuff, but anyway.

They all fell under "Special Operations."

The U.S. Army Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations Command (Airborne) (USACAPOC)(Abn), located at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, commands the Army’s Reserve Civil Affairs and Psychological Operations units. It is a subordinate command to the United States Army Reserve Command. USACAPOC(Abn) soldiers maintain the highest standards of training and combat readiness in order to deploy anywhere in the world.

Psychological Operations (PSYOP) uses persuasion and public communication to influence perceptions and encourage desired behavior among foreign target audiences. The cornerstone of PSYOP is truth, credibly presented to convince a given audience to cease resistance or take actions favorable to friendly force intentions. PSYOP soldiers provide the commander with the ability to communicate information to large and small audiences via face-to-face, radio, television, internet, print and/or other forms of media. Their language skills, cultural awareness, regional orientation and knowledge of communications media provide a means to deliver critical information to a target audiences to achieve the desired effect.

As “citizen-soldiers,” Reserves have access to and can influence the
“whole-of-society” for Phase 0 as well as Phase 4/5 missions

I mean basically the training is more centered around war areas, but if this is what people I know did in the Army to influence media including use of the Internet to do so in large groups of Special Operations, then who else may have similar training to work on "non foreign populations?"

This stuff is real. I watched people set up fake terrorist sites and try to get guys to become terrorists.. Not even sure if that's something you're supposed to say but whatever...

edit on 22-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:24 AM
a reply to: KnightLight

Fair a 2W2 with a TS/SCI/CNWDI who trained and worked with intel/cointel over and over and over while in Logistics...I still have yet to see a single instance of one of them thinking..."well...we can work in the desert...or we can go after ATS"

Again, ATS is a force...a bear...a massive site with awesome members both CT and skeptic. I like a lot of these people, including those I think are wrong

But really, logistically, what is the return to be gained by dropping cointel on a CT website where, while I think it's a stupid opinion, a large portion of the world thinks CTers are foil wearing basement dwellers?

Again...let me make SUPER clear lest I be labelled a jerk, I am NOT saying I believe CTers to be foil wearing basement fact I believe in some cases they are really onto some things...but I really don't think the government is spending their precious ((or not precious)) time on ATS in the droves some seem to believe

The gain? I don't know...trolling or pissing people off? Again though, I still believe trolls exist and I have certainly seen them rove in packs here

But even with all that ignored, where is the "obvious proof?"

What are the signs and signals we can watch out for? Because the few I have actually seen sound an awful lot like trolls...which again exist on every single forum that has more than a few hundred people

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:35 AM
a reply to: KyoZero

I've posted PSYOPS manuals before..

It's not something you will notice without knowing a lot about it. It's not that someone has a particular view or anything like this. What it is is a process.

So it goes like this kind of.

Godzilla is real:

A. Tell the people no one has seen Godzilla there is no proof.

Hear reaction:

If reaction is unfavorable choose a or b or c, favorable choose c or d.

A: your proof is lies
B: attack character
C: try to change the subject
D: continue this line of thought

If you tried to attack charcter and this happens:
choose a b or c and if this other thing happens choose d or e...

Anyway, I didn't have the training, I was doing other things.

I also pointed out I didn't think these guys were supposed to do as much on Americans, but Why would it be a stretch to have others doing the same..

You cannot have people on conspiracy sites that become dangerous to society.

This was brought up in training.

The fear is not so much discussion, but actionable intelligence and the will to carry out attacks in the US.

I've seen it.

I will say that most of the people on here that members have a problem with and think are agents.. I can tell they are not. They just care about certain ideas and don't want other people to start hating America too much or whatever else. But there are certain topics that are less desirable.

Or put another way it's not an everyday thing like some think.

Former Obama Administration Calls for Infiltration of Conspiracy Theory Groups

A potential approach (growing directly out of the account here of how such [conspiracy] theories spread) is cognitive infiltration of extremist groups. As used here, this admittedly provocative term does not mean 1960s-style infiltration with a view to surveillance and collecting information, possibly for use in future prosecutions. Rather, it means that government efforts might succeed in weakening or even breaking up the ideological and epistemological complexes that constitute these networks and groups...How might this tactic work? Recall that extremist networks and groups, including those that purvey conspiracy theories, typically suffer from a kind of crippled epistemology. Hearing only conspiratorial accounts of government behavior, their members become ever more prone to believe and generate such accounts. Perhaps the generation of ever-more-extreme views within these groups can be dampened or reversed by the introduction of cognitive diversity

You don't have to change the minds.. All you have to do is shake up the nexus.. Shake up a building feeling that exists as "confirmation bias"

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:40 AM

Well I am a masiive fan of agree to disagree

I have yet to see anything in the years I worked connected to these same types ((AF not Army admittedly)) but every single one of those behaviors sounds like your run of the mill troll

But...I can truly say that the likelyhood of the AF unit I was attached to engaging in such things is nil as each meeting in person and over our STE lines were related to things vastly more actionable than a forum

I am not and was not in your unit and regardless of my thoughts I am unable to adequately comment on the actions you described from your unit

I do greatly appreciate the respectful response...I am now nervously combing my response to make sure I afforded you the same respect...if not accept the follow smiley face as my apology?
((sorry I can't transfer a handshake through the net...yet))

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:45 AM
a reply to: boymonkey74

No. It is not better.
I was a "lurker" long before I joined and we used to have some damn fine threads on here. People like Chadwickus, Phage and Slayer would bring us things that you really had to dig deep and think about. Now, they just pop in from time to time, probably just for "old times sake", rather than expecting something interesting.

On Topic - I don't know about true dis info agents, but we do have some that tow the line when it comes to the official story. Their stance is that the government would do nothing to harm it's citizens, the cops are "just doing their jobs" and we should feel privileged they are there to take care of us, even when they shoot your dog for looking at them wrong.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM

The AF guys aren't even PSYOPS...
Civil Affairs is sort of a general term.

But it's fine if you disagree. I don't mind.

What I'll leave the thread with is this. It's NOT about mind control, it's not even about hiding information..

It's about watering down the extremism..

And conspiracy theories ARE viewed as dangerous to the state. How many of us in a core group can discuss these things constantly away from facebook, away from the "sheep" as some call them?? This is the group that is dangerous because not all of us have a firm grasp on what is right and wrong..

So watering down the feelings.. Mixing into core groups.. This is seen as needed.. It is done.. I've watched it myself.

I'm still friends with people who Train Special Operations at FT Bragg.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:47 AM
a reply to: TechUnique

Hello TechUnique, I shared your experience on THE thread and I must admit I was rather dissapointed. Not in the level of intellect displayed by some of those with the scientific viewpoint (not all by the way, there was obviously a few sycophants amongst them who just like to think they are smart) but more because of the aggression and general lack of manners amongst them.

I finally arrived at the conclusion that Creationists/ID and evolutionists have experienced seperate evolutionary paths, there are those who evolved from monkey’s with all the animal instincts and a pack mentality that comes along with the "barbaric path" and those who arrived here as children of God with the important task of feeding the monkeys.

Don’t get upset mate! we are doing important work.
More dis-turbed than dis-info.

edit on 22-12-2014 by kennyb72 because: ETA

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:53 AM

So I called up my own looks as if our own MISO group in AF WAS active...but now only concerns themselves with media

so you win a point there

30 - love!

lol...sorry I've been up all night and out of my mind at work

Would you afford me some honest and genuine discussion on PM so long as I keep from crossing the need to know border? You can trust that I am not looking to troll...I have interest in some things
edit on 22-12-2014 by KyoZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:13 AM

I said all I meant to say. But you know where to find me.

I know especially with the discussions about Ukraine and Russia people are suspicious.

It's an Open Forum. We are all agents of our own ego.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:51 AM
Theres a few daily posters that sure do habe an agenda, there ops are stricly asking for emotional responses, and the minute there called out about it they stop posting or go cry to the mods saying there behing trolled.

It happens daily, ive just stoped posting on those threads as people get caught up in them and my posting used to get taken out for behing off topic lol.

Even in your rant you cant see the emotional responses.

Good rant

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM

originally posted by: TechUnique
I think it's well past the point of wondering now lol.. it's almost painful to see the barrage of these goons whenever something genuinely worth posting on ATS is brought up. It's so bloody obvious. Whenever I see a thread that I think, finally, I could really sink my teeth into this. Not just the usual already talked about, obvious, or repeated MSM bollocks.. I get there and the thread has been trampled on. Relentlessly.

Then the threads you'd EXPECT to recieve a bad response on this site.. (The ones that used to.) are finding their way onto the front page more and more. Don't even get me started on the forum sliding technique. That happens every day.

I really feel for all of this.. I feel like I am losing a member of my family. I know I am not just being dramatic.. can you notice it too? Thank God there are still plenty of decent members left on this site making it worth coming to, also the new content from staff. Otherwise this site would be trash. Luckily the diamonds in the dirt make it worthwhile.

I wonder how much money has been spent trying to destroy this site. How many different agencies, corporations and 'politicians' do you think have had this sites name cursed in their minds? I wonder how many have woken up because of it! I sure know this was the first site that got me really interested in this stuff.

I love this site so much. It was like a home to me for years.. this is why it breaks my heart to see it turn into something completely new and unlike what it once was..

I am going to completely disagree with this. "Disinfo Agent" has become the new go-to way to try and discredit anyone who does not agree with whatever crackpot, completely unsupported "theory" someone posts here. Just because people demand proof does not make them a disinfo agent. The problem on ATS over the last few years is that ANY crazy, lunatic, baseless idea is thrown out on the boards as a "theory" even though it usually will have ZERO evidence backing it. The quality of the posts has dropped around here. THAT is the my opinion.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM

Never trust anyone claiming to know the truth.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM

For the record, this is the most inane thread I've ever seen on ATS.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
Change your focus, TechUnique.

Yes, there are disinformation agents here. Who knows if they even know what they are doing, or if they are being paid for it. Everyone wants to convert everyone else to their way of thinking. Focus on those willing to discuss differing ideologies rather than convert.

We must watch ourselves for the same behavior..

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I'm curious what the OP considers signs that someone may be a dis info agent.

Oh yeah, they are here. They've been here. I think they come and go, or only pop in when there is a thread disputing their version of things -- or whatever/whoever they represent.

There are agencies that give them formats of responses to certain things. You see them when they post (usually) only on the same topics over and over with the same defenses/propaganda. Yep. They sit home on their computers and regurgitate rhetoric and ideas that have been pre-prepared for them. I've seen vids of one with the scripted responses sitting at his computer. Damn, I wish I could find that! Wouldn't know where to begin looking. It was a guy "outing" himself, and others as a "paid shill".

Big organizations (and even one government group I know of) had some on here once. The ones I self-identified were banned, I think for breach of T&C.

Might not be one on here at this moment, but they definitely come and go.
edit on 12/22/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
It`s just as with playing poker, once someone starts to play at you he shows himself.

The moment they pop up in mass, you have a clear message its true and needs to be debunked.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:17 AM

I am no moderator, and I have no pull with the staff, but I've been here a long time and I've seen members come and go. I have observed that:
  • When members habitually refuse to engage in proper discussion with other members, but simply keep repeating the same claims without considering counterarguments and countervailing information, they take the first step towards the exit.

• When they do it in their own threads, they take the second step.

• When they produce thread after thread on the same subject, and do the same thing in every thread, they take the third step.

• When they then produce a thread accusing their opponents of being 'disinfo agents' and 'paid shills', they're taking the last step but one. They're teetering on the edge.

Just friendly advice. What you do with it is up to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
This always happens. If people disagree they are agents. I wont lie, even I have had this knee jerk reaction knowing I am full of it when I say it. Sometimes I have even called someone this who I knew was not but did so to make a point that they could be since they tow someones line.

In the end its all BS. People disagree.There are plenty of people who probably think I am a shill for defending the US as much as I do. I am not an elitist or a foaming at the mouth nationalist, but idiots who are wrong disagree with me.
What is one to do ? LOL

Really though, who cares. If there wasnt a counter argument we wouldnt improve our debate skills and our collective knowledge through hobbyist research.

I thank my opponents of mind. You make me stronger. I pray for you since you are always wrong though...

Have a good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 12 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>