It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when people used to wonder if there were disinfo agents on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If this is about people disagreeing with me, why are people starring the thread and agreeing with me? You guys literally know no bounds. What a joke. I laugh almost everytime someone responds to my recent threads in a negative manner because it is almost always BS based on BS.

Then you accuse me of making this thread because I disagree with your BS. That is ULTIMATE MADE UP BS. Congratulations ATS. ding ding ding. You've reached a new low of depravity. At least this time what you accused me of is actually plausible.

Getting better at your BS.

Funny thing is, you actually believe it. Don't you?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Thing is I think ATS has changed, it has become a better site due to people de bunking things very well.
It is an anti conspiracy site to be honest. I used to fall for it all until I read more on ATS.
No one just agrees with a thread people show various OP's they are wrong and they get butt hurt about it and then say the membership has loads of dis info agents when not even understanding they are as bad as any agent because they are wrong.
Even when shown also.
Not the first rant like this I have read on ATS and not the last.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Thing is I think ATS has changed, it has become a better site due to people de bunking things very well.
It is an anti conspiracy site to be honest. I used to fall for it all until I read more on ATS.
No one just agrees with a thread people show various OP's they are wrong and they get butt hurt about it and then say the membership has loads of dis info agents when not even understanding they are as bad as any agent because they are wrong.
Even when shown also.

If I was going to cry and rant about members being disinfo agents because they disagreed with me, I would have done it a LONG time before now. You're incredibly naive. Keep up the good work, your nearly at maximum capacity.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
In my time on ATS I cant say i have ever seen any evidence are paid disinfo agents, but definitely there are times when spamming goes on.

Some arguments the spammers use are

- Your views are uniformed you obviously dont understand enough about,,,,x y z of physics, but press them for an explanation you get spammed with a text book definition but with no explanation of its content just some quick abling at bottom like " go get educated in physics 101"
- The source data your quoting has been proven by experts years ago to have many errors in it, but press them for the source and they wont offer/link that data, or if they do its micky mouse level and means nothing.
- Saying that there is no need to verify the person worked where he claims he worked because its so obvious to any reasonable person they are uncredible, and using arguments like we wouldnt do that for an apollo astronaut who says he has been to the moon, so why should we make any effort to verify the claimers identity.
- because our main stream science would of discovered that by now
- Because anything you can think of they will use as an excuse

If you hold your ground and keep progressing the people who truely disagree with your views will simply note that and leave the thread. The true spammers stay and become angry and saracastic.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Well if it's not about people disagreeing with you, what is it then?

Where's your evidence?

I've provided some backing up my claims.

The fact that you started this thread less than 10 minutes after your last reply in your anti-evolution thread suggests that you've had a ureka moment? Or just had enough of people disagreeing with your opinion...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Well if it's not about people disagreeing with you, what is it then?

Where's your evidence?

I've provided some backing up my claims.

The fact that you started this thread less than 10 minutes after your last reply in your anti-evolution thread suggests that you've had a ureka moment? Or just had enough of people disagreeing with your opinion...

Ureka moment after 86 pages? Don't make me laugh. I gained absolutely nothing from that thread. I CAME to the site tonight with the intention of writing this thread. I checked up on my other threads before I did that.

Again. Stop jumping to conclusions. How about you ask first? People just jump down each others throats at the first instant. It's actually disgusting. I know you all fancy yourselves as (airchair) scientists, but don't push your pretentious psycho-ananlysis on to me as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Angry and sarcastic you say?

originally posted by: TechUnique
If this is about people disagreeing with me, why are people starring the thread and agreeing with me? You guys literally know no bounds. What a joke. I laugh almost everytime someone responds to my recent threads in a negative manner because it is almost always BS based on BS.

Then you accuse me of making this thread because I disagree with your BS. That is ULTIMATE MADE UP BS. Congratulations ATS. ding ding ding. You've reached a new low of depravity. At least this time what you accused me of is actually plausible.

Angry?

Sarcastic?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: AthlonSavage

Angry and sarcastic you say?

Angry?

Sarcastic?

Congratulations. You have made another completely irrelevant point. You can put another tally next to sarcasm now.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

No conclusions were jumped to here, I just asked you about two scenarios that I came up with, if they're not right, please, do educate me as to your motivations here.

As boymonkey said, these disinfo threads pop up all too often, and all follow the same trend, just some guy fed up with his ideas being shot down all time, so instead of re-evaluating their stance or beliefs, they accuse others of being part of a concerted effort to obfuscate them.

Right now, that's you.

We need a little more from you

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Thanks for replying to me, I rest my case.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage
In my time on ATS I cant say i have ever seen any evidence are paid disinfo agents, but definitely there are times when spamming goes on.

Some arguments the spammers use are

- Your views are uniformed you obviously dont understand enough about,,,,x y z of physics, but press them for an explanation you get spammed with a text book definition but with no explanation of its content just some quick abling at bottom like " go get educated in physics 101"
- The source data your quoting has been proven by experts years ago to have many errors in it, but press them for the source and they wont offer/link that data, or if they do its micky mouse level and means nothing.
- Saying that there is no need to verify the person worked where he claims he worked because its so obvious to any reasonable person they are uncredible, and using arguments like we wouldnt do that for an apollo astronaut who says he has been to the moon, so why should we make any effort to verify the claimers identity.
- because our main stream science would of discovered that by now
- Because anything you can think of they will use as an excuse

If you hold your ground and keep progressing the people who truely disagree with your views will simply note that and leave the thread. The true spammers stay and become angry and saracastic.

+1000

You forgot the threads where people "needing their meds" or psych assistance is used to derail threads. It's usually the same members who bombard a thread without hearing an OP all the way out. Decided awhile ago to accept there are
professional "ATS Contrarians" in abundance and just let it go.
Or at least I try too.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Personally, I would like to know some of the hints that someone may indeed be a dis info agent. And perhaps some examples (names omitted) of posts or threads where he has seen it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Another unsuccessful rant is all I see.

Your opinion that people are guberment agents when they don't agree with you is very entertaining though, so I'll give you a star.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Why should I entertain ad hominem arguments? So we can create another thread with 20+ pages of bickering? No thanks.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Another unsuccessful rant is all I see.

Your opinion that people are guberment agents when they don't agree with you is very entertaining though, so I'll give you a star.

Ooo. You've earnt yourself a star already. Congratulations.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Personally, I would like to know some of the hints that someone may indeed be a dis info agent. And perhaps some examples (names omitted) of posts or threads where he has seen it.

If I start doing that I risk violating the goodwill of the staff. I am already on thin ice as it is for whatever reason you guys want to make up. You could see it yourself if you weren't so blind. But some people in this thread have shown themselves to be ignorant time and time again on this site. I'm sure you'll say the same about me though.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I'm off to bed anyway. Good night. Keep dreaming up reasons why I do the things I do though, by all means. It's entertaining to read.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

You need to produce a couple of examples here otherwise this is just sounding like a rant.
Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Even when shown also.

I don't agree that it is an anti conspiracy site, it's just that some claims on here are open to debunking whilst others are simply open to debate with nothing being proven either way.

There are definitely professional contributors who always appear in certain forums who simply disagree with any notion of a conspiracy without being able to bring any concrete evidence to de-bunk a thread. It's just a case of posting a comment in order to derail a thread and keep repeating the same message throughout a thread, you must have seen those?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Did you read the thread?

People disagreeing with me in threads has nothing to do with this. Are you being purposefully thick or just wildly jumping to conclusions naturally?

Are you still pissed about those other threads? Aw bless you. I'm sorry I didn't listen to your nonsense arguments.

See right there...RIGHT there is showing that you appear highly emotional about this topic...and it also appears that you are highly personal about this topic.

As far as your OP...while I don't agree, I totally understand the concern. But the thing is, skeptics here, no matter how polite or academic they approach things BAM...they are agents....ALL THE TIME

And it almost always boils down to "OMG you didn't agree with me!" ((btw I mean this generally not specifically to you))

But you state emphatically that this is not about members disagreeing with you. Ok, I will try to take you at your word. You DID state in OP that you feel the site is going down hill due to what you perceive are disinfo agents

Were that legitimately true I would absolutely favor your opinion

But while there are a massive number of amazing members, both CTers AND skeptics, this IS an internet forum, and no forum in the history of the net that has grown significantly is without people who live to troll and flame. And as we know, there are but a few forums out there bigger than ATS.

With that said, going by the personal and emotional responses you've posted, it really does feel like you are taking this as a directive against you. I don't think it is.

I cannot speak for Chad or boymonkey or the ever popular Phage ((sorry to bring you into this)) but skeptics have been labelled disinfo within two seconds of disagreeing despite the fact that several of these posters are very astute, brief, but powerfully researched. Despite all of this, they will STILL get labelled disinfo and yet I don’t see the so called “blatant, obvious proof”

You have been asked a couple times now and I will ask again, in an honestly open and genuinely curious manner…

What is the obvious proof and signs that someone is committing paid or endorsed disinfo?
On top of that, how do you specifically prove an agent versus a master troll ((or crappy troll))?
Note that I am not asking you to break ToC. I love everyone having an open voice

So I am truly and genuinely asking the above questions.

Respectfully,

Kyo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join