It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD’s Cop Union: ‘We Have Become a Wartime Police Department’ after Two Officers Slain

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
War is a good thing. In a war you have rules of engagement. You're only allowed to attack the enemy. You're not allowed to preemptively arrest and detain people. You're not allowed to point loaded weapons at innocent civilians while threatening to kill them.

If war means to the police department what it means to our soldiers, they'll downgrade the use of force now.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: feldercarb
After reading all of the posts on this thread I feel most of you have missed the intent and meaning of what the NYPD has said. You have fallen for the rhetoric and missed the meaning. What has been said in between the lines is that the police will now be going into more of a shell. The police will not be putting themselves at risk.

Really? Because mankind in wartime do not hide in shells. The OP post of youtube video implies exactly the opposite with this caption: Because citizens are more obedient when they're outgunned. Time will tell if they are taking this approach (from OP link) or not.

Starting IMMEDIATELY: At least two units are to respond to EVERY call, no matter the condition or severity, no matter what type of job is pending, or what the opinion of the patrol supervisor happens to be.

IN ADDITION: Absolutely NO enforcement action in the form of arrests and or summonses is to be taken unless absolutely necessary and an individual MUST be placed under arrest. These are precautions that were taken in the 1970′s when police officers were ambushed and executed on a regular basis.

After all the unarmed black men or all peoples for that matter that have been murdered by NYPD through the years, now two of of their own are purposefully murdered in direct retaliation and they're pissed? Did they think they could continue on their reign of murder and not expect a rebellion at some time? Here's a Huffington post article on the lengthy list and details of the NYPD abuse of power by murder from July 2014. www.huffingtonpost.com...

I don't condone the killing on either side but people are standing up and saying enough is enough. Any society continuously abused will eventually rebel. It's part of being human. It's happened in the past and the pendulum appears to have swung back again. I see this getting a whole lot worse before it gets better, and I'm not talking about NYPD only. Unfortunately the true criminals (on both sides of the law) will continue to take the lead in giving the rest a bad name.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Man you really are giving the NYPD the benefit of the doubt there ...

I don't see them scaling down by any means, only ramping up and with gusto.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IntroduceALittleIrony

I am not sure why it seems logical to you to compare one single and tragic incident of a soldier's beheading in the UK to the over 40 school shootings in the US so far in 2014. Or maybe you compare it to the around 30 people who lost their lives to gun violence in the US - every day - in 2013?

Thank you anyway, you make a good argument in favor of gun control and a different gun culture than the one that has made the US such a paranoid and dangerous society for both citizens and LEOs.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Really? Because mankind in wartime do not hide in shells. The OP post of youtube video implies exactly the opposite with this caption: Because citizens are more obedient when they're outgunned. Time will tell if they are taking this approach (from OP link) or not.

Think of it as send out the Lusitania or the Maine out to sail. Once people think they or their country or Neighborhood is under attack they will support just about anything. Just need to give them the right motivation.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The reason for these rules are because of the cameras. Get rid of the cameras and things start to happen. Remember that a war zone is a very stressful place to be.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
These guys don't want war.

Neither side of this debate really understand war.

I'm tired of cops acting like they're in downtown Fallujah. You're not.

I'm tired of protesters acting like Mike Brown was anything other than a thug.

Eric Garner should have been handcuffed at worst, not choked to death and the a-hole pig that murdered him should be awaiting trial right now.

Tamir Rice was shot by a cop who has a questionable past.

John Crawford was murdered by the police they got away with it. It's on video. And the anti-gun a-hole who lied was also a racist prick who made a false police call to get him murdered. Nothing happened to him either.

At some point everyone is going to have to be accountable for the lies they tell and the consequences of their actions. I've been watching this whole thing unfold, relatively silent on the matter. But frankly I'm just tired of it.
edit on pSun, 21 Dec 2014 19:54:34 -0600201421America/Chicago2014-12-21T19:54:34-06:0031vx12 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This looks like another chance to calm things down being thrown out the window.

What we have here so far is

1. Killer cops killing innocent citizens, and before you argue the point of innocence, under the constitution everyone is presumed innocent until convicted in a court of law. So yes, innocent is the correct word.

2. then you have protests and the "I can't breathe" slogan that seemed to shed light on the very serious problem of killer cops and the inherent problem with bias in the grand jury system.

3. Then you have the counter protest, agitation campaign, the "I can breath" counter protest by NYPD police. IMO this was very unprofessional and should have been stamped out by the NYC, NYPD and the police union.

4. All of this has stirred the big crazy pot and resulted in the shooting of two police officers who probably are the very best examples of good cops.

5. Now you have an incredibly ridiculous statement by the police union declaring war! War on whom? The citizens you are shown to protect, war on people exercising their first amendment rights, war on people in the streets. IMO the declaration of war by this union is a terroristic threat against the people. The FBI should step in and arrest a few people at the union.

This whole thing is circling the drain fast. The union is calling out the mayor, meaning the mayor has lost control over the NYPD. That in itself is scary. Civilian oversight needs to reestablished, people at the NYPD need to be fired asap, and the state needs to consider suspending or deregistering the NYPD union. Cooler heads need to prevail here and that starts with NYC controlling its employees. The last thing we need is more killer cops and more cop killing. That would be the gateway towards marshall law and the further erosion of the bill of rights.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Very well said.
I do disagree with one part but no sense beating a dead horse.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

What do you mean by stricter laws?

Harsher punishments for drug violations? Ramp up the drug war, since that has gone so well.

Maybe enact some thought crime statutes? How about allow for police to shoot anyone who isn't dressed properly? Would that be strict enough?

What kind of equipment?

Should we call for police to carry standard issue assault rifles? How about grenades? Tactical assault vehicles? Maybe throw in a few rpgs for good measure.

I don't know if you are suggesting to solve any problems, or implement the final solutions. Cordon off the major cities, sweep, and mop? Is that the answer, because it sure sounds like what you suggest.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4
a reply to: jude11

that's unfortunate terminology. not to say wildly over the top.

Too bad he's right. People join police forces because on some level they enjoy restraining people, beating people, intimidating people, feeling powerful, and to enjoy immunity from prosecution for crimes committed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

What I mean is that the police will push for what they can get. If a society starts to fear for their safety; then the people in charge of protecting them (police) will get a freer rein. Why did the police get the riot gear and military surplus? Because they invoked the riots of the past and terrorist issues. The police said, "How are we going to protect the pumpkin festival without an armored vehicle if terrorist or rioters attack". May sound funny but those are the basic arguments. I am just saying that if people feel fear for THEIR safety, then they will be more likely to support funding for more equipment and more personnel. The people will also support stricter laws (3 strikes and your out) and more leeway for police behavior until they feel safe again.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

They started it by outfitting themselves as the military. We didn't start the fire. People only get pushed so far. I don't feel the police officers who were shot deserved it but the whole situation from all sides needs to be looked at hard. Why do the people feel like the police are there to hurt them? Why do the police see us as enemy combatants? I think the looters and killers are escalating this as well as the police officers who abuse their power. This isn't going to end well for both. If it gets too out of hand, you can bet your bottom dollar they will call real soldiers in the guise of martial law.

Maybe that was the plan. The media is just as guilty of creating this mess. There's blame everywhere. I'll do the best I can not to put myself in harms way. I know when and if I do get pulled over I'll be showing my hands and saying yes sir so I don't get killed for jaywalking or some other petty bull#. You think that's what they want? For us all to conform?

Race baiting from the media. Race baiting from the government. Race baiting from the local law enforcement community. It seems like they want to start something real bad. I've read the comment section of some of the most in your face stories on this subject and seen the reaction from our nation. It's ugly and escalating rapidly.

I have lived a rough life and it's no one's fault but my own. It takes some of us longer to grow up than others. I feel the animosity and see the results. I know when something is wrong. What can you do?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
War is a good thing. In a war you have rules of engagement. You're only allowed to attack the enemy. You're not allowed to preemptively arrest and detain people. You're not allowed to point loaded weapons at innocent civilians while threatening to kill them.

If war means to the police department what it means to our soldiers, they'll downgrade the use of force now.

Our soldiers regularly beat, rape, and steal from the people they're supposed to be over there protecting in the first place. Good, humanitarian people don't solve problems with murder by bomb or bullet.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

So they will employ 70s tactics. Ok.

I absolutely knew this would happen. They can also expect this sort of police targeting to rise. Crime was down, enforcement and forceful tactics went up....the logical response was backlash. I have no idea what arrogant and ignorant leadership exists for police but they are that.

They should expect more of their own to fall, nationwide. This is not going to get better unless they start to make fundamental changes. The federal government isnt even part of the equation. There is nothing that they should or could do.

The law enforcement of this country needs to make a reality call. What they think is the world and reality is far off course. The idiots they allowed to fester made a situation for all cops that is ugly and very far gone.

Now they will start to die. I hope they dont just turn up the pressure on the populace. They will start to be hunted if that happens.

History would be an accurate fortune teller if they bothered to ask.

I feel most sorry for the good cops that didnt or couldnt do enough to stop this before it got to this point.

God help us all. IMO the end result should be sought after now while reason can still be seen. Make law enforcement a military issue. Set up a military police force nationwide. It will happen either way. If it happens when cops start to throw uniforms away, the power this force will have will be unrivaled. If it is done now permanent checks and balances can be set in place.

Cops arent soldiers. They are civilians with attitudes, home life, personal issues and other such non work related problems. I think we need professionals and trained SOLDIERS. Its the solution TPTB will offer, but it is the only solution to the mess we made and they enhanced.

Prepare for 1970s statistics as far as LEO mortality rate. Probably worse. That generation had less capable skill sets.

OR LEOs can just get over themselves and see the writing on the wall. Stop pushing because people WILL push back.

Live and let live.

edit on 12 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Very well said.
I do disagree with one part but no sense beating a dead horse.

Lets have that conversation. I'm all about it.

What I don't want to do is leave things unsaid that need to be addressed.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Neither of us will change our opinion so there is really no point.

It was a well said post, can't we just leave it there?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Ego will prevent that. From both sides I might add. Everything looks like a target to me will be the new t-shirt sold. You can sell them to both sides. This is what happens when you lock people up to make big money. You have quotas and prison systems that are evil as #. I think it's time to let go of our collective nuts. If not, society is going to make you conform.

We all knew it was over when they called the United States of America the Homeland. If you don't believe we live in a police state, you are insane. Cheap labor? Security for the money? It really is a win win for the power. They don't give a # about you. Why should they.

Everyone will say to get a job but realistically there's people from poor communities who cannot. It's not made up. If you don't believe it, just look at Detroit. Where are they going to go realistically? It's a powder keg just waiting to happen. These types of problems are part of that.

By the grace of god or your personal self determination, you are above water. You still struggle making ends meet but you're only a few steps away from Detroit. Some people are weak. Some people are discriminated against. Some people are stupid. If you know there's no work, what do you think they are going to do? Leveling the playing field globally is going to kill us. Charity really does start at home. The infrastructure is in bad shape. Spend some money and invest in a tomorrow. The Chinese are.

The golden goose don't live here no more. Expect more civil unrest. Plan for more civil unrest. They won't protect you. You better start doing that job yourself. It really is progressive. It took a while to get to this point and it can get worse. Strike that, it WILL get worse.

Don't believe the dream because it's dead at the moment. We need to bring it back alive. We all need to learn CPR and do our part. No one is going to do it for you. This includes myself. Free trade at the expense of your security. I guess it comes down to we either create work or we create weapons. I see where we're leaning towards. I can't wait until this all comes to a head and we can fix our problems (if we live through it). I'll be in a better mood after I quit brooding about the state of the world in general and get it on.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
eh if they really wanted to make a statement the blue flue could come around again and they could all "strike" until newyears and see how the people feel about not having the cops around for 10ish days .or baring that they could always stop responding to any and all calls to 911 calls i mean if they dont want the cops help withhold it for a few weeks then see if they change their tune .

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This is the whole NWO agenda to turn citizens vs. police. Have them wipe each other out then bring in the UN troops. We'll see if it will work, it's going to be hard for Holder, Obama, and the NWO clan to social engineer this agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join