It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD’s Cop Union: ‘We Have Become a Wartime Police Department’ after Two Officers Slain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: feldercarb

Alright, I get what you mean now.

So, you are saying these events are just another 'New Pearl Harbor'.

It's a very glaring flaw of democratic society, destined to failure.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

Not if they hire out of town. The CIA is really good at that.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Aazadan

Man you really are giving the NYPD the benefit of the doubt there ...

I don't see them scaling down by any means, only ramping up and with gusto.

I wasn't really giving them the benefit of the doubt, I was saying that their current actions are so over the top that they're not even allowed against an opposing military/population in a war zone. Things would look a lot different if police were limited to the same terms as a soldier.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: suz62

www.nydailynews.com... blue flue

www.newsweek.com...

There seems to be a bug going around the Memphis Police Department. In what Memphis’s Commercial Appeal is calling “the Blue Flu,” 550 officers have called in sick this week, about 25 percent of the department’s total staff. The flu might be blue, but the cause appears to be green: Officers started calling in sick soon after the Memphis City Council approved a budget that included deep cuts to city employee benefits, the Associated Press reported. The new budget will hike health insurance premiums for city employees by 24 percent, much less than the 57 percent increase proposed by Mayor A.C. Wharton Jr., according to the Memphis Flyer.

i guess in theory if they did that obama could pull a carter and fire them but i wonder how long it takes to replace a police force? and wouldnt the streets of ny be fun with every one being a rookie?

www.dailynews.com... la has done it in the past usually over funds but i bet they would do it for a fallen comrade

www.policeone.com...

legalinsurrection.com...

www.thefederalistpapers.org... the mayors response is not likely to calm things down either.

newyork.craigslist.org... a person on craigslist in ny is posting encouraging them for what its worth

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

"so over the top that they're not even allowed against an opposing military/population in a war zone."

I don't see that many cops throwing AKs on civilians they shoot on accident for photo op.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Ok, that makes more sense.

I just don't see it happening, them all of the sudden going by a different set of rules that doesn't allow them to do what they are currently allowed to do.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

So, you would endanger everyone's lives, even the one's who side with the police? Yeah, that's a real good public relations move.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

"so over the top that they're not even allowed against an opposing military/population in a war zone."

I don't see that many cops throwing AKs on civilians they shoot on accident for photo op.

Atleast the corpse has a gun when the military does that. The police are trained to think your wallet, phone, hands, and even the air around your hands looks like a gun. Then they shoot you and don't even need to plant a weapon after the fact to cover themselves.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: feldercarb

Alright, I get what you mean now.

So, you are saying these events are just another 'New Pearl Harbor'.

It's a very glaring flaw of democratic society, destined to failure.

We are always going through Pearl Harbors. Why do we have civil forfeiture laws? Because of drug money. The police can not get enough evidence against the drug trade so someone thought they could at least pull the money from the bigger dealers. Remember Al Capone went to jail for tax evasion on his illegal enterprises. Why do we have 3 strikes and your out laws. Because some judge would continue to give "lax" sentences to repeat offenders. People got tired of seeing repeat offenders back on the street in a "short" period of time. Realize that every time you see someone angry on TV, that person is giving some justification for police tactics.

But also look on the other side of this situation. Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, Holder could all have nipped this in the bud. Instead of the meek message of non violence, they should have instructed all protesters to video tape anyone spouting belligerent speech and point those members out to police. Why did they not follow that course of action? Because then the protest would have not had thousands or hundreds of people. Instead you would have had about 40 people. Why did Governor Nixon not deploy the National Guard until it was a day too late, because he didn't want to look like a bully. The leaders all pander to protect their image to their constituents.

All protest are fueled by anger and rage. That is what brings people to the protest. What gets people to join ISIS? A sense of outrage over something. Then they get to the Middle East and realize that reality does not fit their perception. Likewise in these protest, the people do things that ultimately defeat their cause and causing some disenchantment within their ranks. People go for the emotion and only later look back and see that their emotions are misplaced and do not further the stated goals of the protest. Like I said before, there is no such thing as a peaceful protest. People would be better off trying to construct a petition and get signatures. At least that would give people a chance to think about the changes that some would like to see implemented.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
hmmm wartime cops ? What war ? The police in the city are cowards. I thought a cops job description entails the risk of being killed on the job. A risk Im sure they understand ? No ones forcing anyone to be a cop .... It's just part of the job that's why they get guns and the average New Yorkers are not allowed any guns. Still they declare war. So brazen and such a bully mentality. The police are wrong in this case. They need to come to grips with their jobs reality and if they don't catch on quick and continue to be Team America style in New York there's 8 million in the city who are not too trusting of police in general. A lot of cops are dirty. I know they use their badge to help out friends and family while screwing the rest of us.

The nyc cops are just a goon squad. And the ones poopooing on the mayor are thier mob bosses. If certain things did not need "official " documentation by cops I would think they would've been put in thier place a long time ago. 1970's style policing here we go again.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oh and I forgot to add. If you're from NYC - and see a child misbehaving , what does the mom say ? " you better behave or I'm gonna call the cops to take you away". Sure shows you the mindset of the general public. The cops scare everyone , I guess except the thugs , gangsters, drug dealers, and white collar criminals.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The police union's response is typical Bully-Behaviour.

The whole problem was killing of innocents. Clearly the two beat cops sitting in their cruiser qualify. But so does Garner and Brown and all the other victims of bad cops.

Drawing a line where they see themselves as the victims will only serve to lessen their already tenuous grasp on their role in civil culture. They are SUPPOSED to be servants, public employees, keepers of a public trust. Sadly, they see themselves as a gang.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Looks like the police are using this as n excuse to kill yet more people !

Time to shut them down because they are a bigger danger to the public than criminals and we have lived without them before and can do so again.

Our police are not on our side and are little better than tax enfocement officers working for the elite and the state with us slaves left to pick up the bill

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I am surprised the retaliation hasn't been more by this point.

Either the large majority people are more restrained then what is voiced, they really don't want to attack / kill police officers or they don't actually care. This is probably good but it also doesn't force a change to the way the police think.

I think the military angle that was added is a big part of the blame. It has changed the mindset toward a war like situation. NY is already in the war mentality and it's why that word was used in the comment.
edit on 12/22/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
This will be solved when the majority of Americans grow up ... so, never.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Ummm...Jeesh...and I thought that the cop killings were merely a response to the war they silently declared with all their militarism and rhetoric of......."you might be a terrorist...if" mantra they appropriated from Marc Potack and the SPLC...

I suppose it's nice to see them openly declare it though...for those who haven't been paying attention...

Yessir...the agenda is moving along right on schedule.............all aboard...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Dryad2

Ummm...and those are only the ones...IN...the department........

Imagine...if you were referring to criminals...NOT...associated with the boys in blue...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

They are stupid..aren't they.

I have real sympathy for the two cops that were murdered in a revenge killing, as i have for innocent civilians who are murdered, either deliberately or accidentally at the hands of the Police.

But what we have here is bullish, ignorant and extremely dangerous statements of 'Police Vs Citizenry' and 'War'...talk about inflammatory rhetoric...this Union IS going the right way about getting Officers and the public killed, and not calming matters down at all.

The Public are everywhere of course, and unlike in an actual war scenario, the murderers (or the enemy) will not be wearing uniforms to identify themselves as enemies, while the Police...will be. Who's going to be the easier target to identify, the Police or the causally acting imminent Cop killers?

So, no brains from NYPD Unions there.

They say they will send backup to EVERY call out...BIG DEAL...this will accomplish nothing.

Do all Police officers live at the station? Do all Police officers families go to a specially secured school at the station?

All a would be murderer has to do, is follow off duty cops, watch their routines and movements, and those of their families and voila...target in sights. Cops have private homes, have hobbies they like to go and do, and yes, they even do their grocery shopping at the same stores murderers shop at...if someone targets a cop and does their homework, that cop would be very lucky to get away alive, or his or her family too.

Or does the Union propose that every cop goes home with two or three other cops and they all keep watch over each other?

Nonsense approach, seemingly deliberately designed to inflame the already bad situation and not calm things down at all.

ALL the nitwit Union have done here (and the gung ho idiots in the dept. who are cheering this rhetoric) is to make cops even more unsafe than they were before and put the Public at further risk from nervous, ramped up and paranoid cops.

edit on 22-12-2014 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Actually all the cops have to do, is simply stand down and strike. To do absolutely nothing, to not show up to work, to simply move to an area and refuse to do the job. And when people are mugged, assulted, killed and ultimately deal with the lawlessness, there will be a cry for them to do something and they can hold the city at bay and bring it to its knees.

And that is any police department in any city. And they can demand just about anything, to the point where they can get most of what they want.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Ummm...NAH...There might be some who clamor to be policed...However...I can tell you my friend...that I have no use for you...as another human being...YES...as an instrument of authority...NO...

I can also tell you that there is a fair majority that would agree with me...

Look...I'm a big boy...215 lbs of big and that aint pussgut big either...I can certainly govern and police myself...I don't need you to do for me what is my innate responsibility...to look after me and mine...

I have the proper tools and conditioning and quite frankly it's extremely insulting when one of you rolls up and demands authority...where none has been granted or asked...

Leave me the grace to govern my own affairs and respect that I have the good sense to cause no others any harm...

That's all we ask...scratch that...it's what we demand...the time for asking is over....we are so DONE with you...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join