It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helping out family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
We have all been using this place for our entertainment. We come day in, day out to look for news, discussions, arguments, whatever it is that makes you smile. Some of us have been doing it for a long, long time. There are many more that don’t have membership, yet still benefit from the site.

A reminder, this has all been free and as far as things go, will continue to be free.
At this point, we are all family. Yes, a severely dysfunctional family, but show me one that isn’t. If a member of your family needed something and you could provide it easily, you would. No questions asked. Well, a member of our family has asked for a little help. If you can throw a few buck in to help, great! If not, that’s OK too. But you are not giving to a multinational corporation whom is hell bent on world control. In actuality, you are giving to the exact opposite. A close knit family run business that offers you something for free every day.

It really makes me cringe when I read stuff that sounds ungrateful towards the owners here. It’s in such poor taste. Please, before you cry about what you want, think for a minute about others. Think about the ones who will find this site a year from now. They deserve the same excitement and wonder we all found when we came. And lastly, please be grateful for what has been given you to thus far. Bill has mentioned that he paid lots of his own money just to keep this site up. For you.

So, from the heart, Thank you ATS for the years of fun.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Would donate .. but gave up bank accounts .. credit / debit cards along with most everything else that enslaves one to the banks and so-called civilization when walked away from it all years ago. Only deal in cash or trade.

Suspect as result my days here are fast becoming limited
edit on 21/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Same here. I got only cash. Nothing will ever replace physical gold.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Imagine if we all gave $1 every time we were rude to another poster!? I would've been broke a long time ago!
Anyways, jokes aside, I agree with you 100%. The mods and admin work thanklessly and although they do seem to rule with an iron thumb, they are quite easy to discuss things with behind the scenes. Usually, that is why people are banned. They go nuts in private messages. I was post banned once, I didn't feel it was warranted and when my time spent in the corner was up, no grudges were held against me (that I know of). This place is a great place to read the unacknowledged news and to "get your crazy on". I love it all.
PS-anti-Fluoride people are still crazy.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I sure will when I have ten bicks spare.
Got 22 pound 33 p to last me 20 days

No xmas for me

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Thank you

And for those that are appreciative and yet have little money, many of us are in the same situation.. Never fear...

Your appreciation of the site means the world.....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't know how close you live to civilization, but most reasonably-sized cities have places where you can purchase (with cash) a pre-paid Visa Credit card. I've bought them at drug stores, like Walgreens. Usually they come in 100 dollar increments. If that's too much to donate, you could use the card to donate however much you want, then use it to purchase things for yourself. Once the dollar amount on the card has been used up, throw it away - it's now worthless. No interest, no bank needed - same as cash. The only difference is, you have a number on the card that allows you to easily purchase things online. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Gold is replacable with "barter" and it beats gold any day. I pretty much survive on doing stuff in return for things I need. No need for currency with 2 hands, a brain, knowledge, experience and wisdom.

ps...I can't believe this subject is still in need of such promotion with a very evident "PAY NOW" up top of every page. Interesting also that it says what it does instead of "donate now".
edit on 21/12/2014 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Same here, I physically pay cash into companies/local government/individuals accounts or use international money transfers paying cash at a local agent. I asked a few times in 'the other thread' for account details to donate, then Springer just shut the thread without responding.
Why is ATS so scared about supplying a simple account number and bank?
...if they don't want my money that's cool but a bit rude to ask for donations then ignore a question about a potential income stream which I'm sure a few people would choose because it is anonymous.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
To those who cannot contribute money, it's fine. The contribution of your posts, time, and togetherness is worth more than any money can provide. The money is a short term fix for a short term issue. The community we have built (WE BUILT IT) is what I feel is most important. I feel confident there will be enough money put into the coffers to keep things rolling.

Merry Christmas all.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I have a house full of kids and grand kids (15 people in total) and was trying to spend some time with them while dealing with trolls in the other thread, I wasn't ignoring you I didn't see your question. The answer is simple there's an address on our contact page:

The Above Network, LLC
14861 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Suite 115
Scottsdale, AZ 85254

We don't deal with wires because the bank charges a fee for the transaction, if you want to be anonymous use a money order and just mail it.
edit on 12-21-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

That's PayPal's button that says "Pay Now" not ours. We can't change it.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer
Hey no worries, it's that crazy time of year, totally understand.
I won't be sending a cheque or money order any time soon though, I was after bank account recipient directions to do an anonymous international money transfer, in cash, at a local agents shop. If you banked with a UK institution I'd pay cash at a branch local to me as well, but I assume you do not. Those are the two options for getting my donations, and I'd be happy to donate, just anonymously.

Happy Solstice though, I wish ATS and yourself best wishes for the next year (starting tomorrow in my mind) ...yay the Sun is coming back...the Sun is coming back...

*Edit*
Just seen your edit...fair enough, I see the risk of people paying in 1$ and you get stung with a higher fee, banking bastards...it's why I live in the cash world...I'll look into my options and the cost of UK>>US snail mail lol, good luck with your plans either way.

edit on 11Sun, 21 Dec 2014 11:53:34 -0600am53122014f34am12 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: superman2012
Imagine if we all gave $1 every time we were rude to another poster!?

The ol' - put a dollar in the swear jar.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I suppose definitions of rude can be subjective, but from my own interpretation I reckon I'd owe around $10
Feel free to pull me up if you think its more though

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I don't even want to consider what my donation would have to be!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The bankers will always get their pound of flesh if they can get between two people and their money.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

You know I really wanted to say something like this when the donation thread just got way out of hand and became this slinging match of idiocy.

I mean people were going on about transparency with the money, and how the site doesn't need our help because they obviously have zillions of dollars just sitting around. Frankly, it showed a side of the membership that honestly made me uncomfortable.

My take was simple. I can only imagine the procrastination and the amount of pride swallowing it would have taken for the guys to reach out for the membership for help. Hell, I can imagine as human beings we've all been there, wanting that help but really really unwilling or unwanting to ask.

The silly thing was, the whole spread was laid out like a sacrifice on the first post. No BS, no hidden agenda, just what it was. Along with a message that it was totally voluntary. Neither Bill or Mark got on there and held us all over a barrel threatening site closure if we didn't fork over some cash for them to continue on.

I contributed, I plan to contribute a bit more, but as with everything Christmas, the incoming is always a little slower than the outgoing. But it will be done. Why? Because I feel sorry for them? Because I feel obliged to? No. Just because I want to, and because I can. If more people adopted that attitude and stopped with the piss-taking or thinking ATS is some Walmart of the internet, this whole thing wouldn't even be an issue.

Thanks for posting what no doubt many of us are thinking though.

top topics

join