It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS seems unusually slow this evening...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As the title says, the site seems rather slower than usual. Nothing has changed at my end, and thusly I can only assume that the issue is at the ATS end of things. Symptoms include, extremely slow page loads, only half a page loading, which I have never seen before here, pages loading where the icons at the top have not resolved correctly into their correct shapes, and sometimes the page failing to load at all even after a minute.

Dial up was not this slow! Is the site under attack again?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It seems to be running fine for me..

*crosses fingers*

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Hmmm... well, everything else is loading at normal speed on my laptop.

Heres hoping there is nothing untoward happening at the back of it!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

At one point several hours ago, I encountered a bizarre problem in scrolling on ATS that I associated with a new/continued problem with hackers. It has been OK for the last several hours however, but at the time I simply went elsewhere on the 'net.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
It runs like a snail on my iPad, much better on my PC.. Could depend what you're running it on.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Its you. The only thing "constant" in electronics is variables. Time to time, it happens for any number of simple reasons, devices, links, browsers, routers etc. You name it.

All is fine here "across the pond".

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Funny, I have the oldest worst janky computer and yet while on ATS it fly's!!! No problems or complaints from me (for now)

Have a great weekend, hope it fixes itself soon.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, I just do not know then.

All I know is, after several hours of being out and about in town, drinking with a few pals, and so on, nothing has improved. Strange.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Well, I just do not know then.

All I know is, after several hours of being out and about in town, drinking with a few pals, and so on, nothing has improved. Strange.

Very Freudian

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Hahah! I saw what you did there!

What I mean by that is, that upon trying to access a thread, just now, the page failed to load properly, such that only the opening post was available to view. Furthermore, upon attempting to respond to another thread, there was a full forty seconds between my clicking reply, and the reply screen actually appearing, and a further thirty seconds between that page appearing, and being redirected back to the post itself.

Things just are not operating at the normal speed for me at the moment. As I say, the cause is a mystery at this point.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I hear ya

Some days/nights ATS is very slow for me too but all else loads fine.

Could be the path/hops [Whatever] between you and it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I think I've cracked it...

...you're pissed! Put down that kebab, go and lie down and when you wake everything will be normal again.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Super slow for me

NVM. Restarted my router and I'm normal again.
edit on 1920141220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It's been slow for me since that DDoS attack. And the formatting is all messed up again.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Your local Internet provider might be having a little trouble keeping up with all the grandpas ordering Christmas gifts online so they'll be delivered in time for the holiday.

This kind of seasonal slowdown isn't quite as common as it used to be, but it can still happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

I have been having problems myself this past week
(guess since the attack)

I can get onto the homepage but it takes forever to get my ATS page to come up, usually the page will time out first
Same with my 'Uploads' ...well any page really
(even after 6 or 7 'refreshes')

Or I get a page that is not 100% right...only portions of the words/images
(like when trying to get to someone's Wall, it is totally fubar. LOL)

Tried for 3 days to post Christmas well wishes to some of my friend's Walls and that was an ordeal in itself
(still never did get them all posted ...*sigh*)

I'm usually on here all the time late at night and it seems weird not be able to post
I miss my buddies as well

Have talked to some members and they seem to have no problem posting, maybe it affects certain IP addresses???
Not sure, but I have no problem on other sites or just cruising the web

Not complaining about ATS
Just wondering if there are server problems still

In case I can't get back in to post, I want to wish ATS a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New year!!!

And good luck to my friends in the Christmas Avatar Contest

(fingers crossed this post will take when I hit 'reply')

*pretty please with cherries on top, work*

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
mine keeps popping up messages that say "die American scum movie makers".
not sure what that's about but then my Sony Vaio laptop and PS3 shut down then power back up all by themselves. weird I know.... who owns a Vaio laptop and then tells people about it in a public forum.... right?
anyway....... my Vaio then starts scrolling random numbers on the screen.... my PS3 then links to something called NORAD and simulates missile attack programs.....

or

my internet is just slow.

option 1 seems like more fun when I am lonely

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
mine keeps popping up messages that say "die American scum movie makers".
not sure what that's about...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Been running smoother and faster than normal for me, despite having problems with another website.

I think I stole your fast loading ATS and gave you mine

edit on 20-12-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

That would have worked perfectly in the poke NK with a stick thread....

On topic. Christmas vacation ( more kids online and more online traffic from shoppers ) plus the cyberwar that Sony and NK seem to have started ( or provided an excuse for )...

Slow might just be the new normal for awhile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join