It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paramount Bans Showing ‘Team America’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Then I guess the laws of supply and demand take over and the movie ends up regulated to "no one watches this garbage" status as is most direct to dvd bargain bin nonsense.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Lots of "Direct to DVD" features have done quite well. Idiocracy is cult classic and it never saw a theatrical release.

I suspect if this film is ever made commercially available, it'll be eaten up with all the talk and hype it's generated.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Translation: I fear the unknown.

That is too simplified a response for something so complex.

If you ever receive a death threat through the mail, will you call the Police & take precaution?...
Or is that completely different?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hollywood has lost its marbles. And I dont mean mind.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

now everyone will have to see this movie.

Its that bad, huh?

Profit and political conditioning both. They hope everyone will be so revolted after paying their money at how stupid it is, they will hate lil kim so much, they will bust out of the theater demanding his head in a box filled with dry Ice.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I DID say most. Though I wasn't aware that Idiocracy didn't come out in theaters.

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a

Completely. It is like after having received the death threat and letting the police know that you then never leave your house.

edit on 18-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Well, I wonder what the response would be if America's biggest enemy makes a comedy movie assassinating America's hero president (guess it would be a conservative, white dude, not Obama, seeing that Americans hate him that much), and show just how stupid Americans are.... Heck, even better, make a comedy about 9/11 showing the incompetence of the great USA....

I guess then the Americans would be up and screaming insisting that the movie be banned too .....

Really?
:rolleyes:
en.wikipedia.org...(2006_film)

The film won a total of 6 awards including; the International Critics Prize (FIPRESCI) from the 2006 Toronto Film Festival,[22] the International Emmy Award for the TV Movie/Mini-Series category in the (UK), the RTS Television Award in the Digital Channel Programme category from the Royal Television Society, the RTBF TV Prize for Best Picture Award from the Brussels European Film Festival for director Gabriel Range, the Banff Rockie Award from the Banff Television Festival for the film, and one for director Gabriel Range. The film also received a nomination for Best Visual Effects from the British Academy TV Awards in 2007.[23]

FAIL!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellhound604

Why don't we rather focus on the good points in others, rather than ridiculing them, and then respond with anger and disbelief when they are angered by the ridicule?

What "good points" does the Dear Leader, Kim Jung Un, have?

These kinds of people need to be mocked, not feared! They need to be taken down.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Translation: I fear the unknown.

That is too simplified a response for something so complex.

No, it isn't. It's quite simple. There is no credible evidence that the Guardians of Peace can pull off a terrorist attack on mainland america. Therefore there is no reason to listen to their threats. It's pretty simple really. Saying anything else is just rationalizing why you fear terrorism.

If you ever receive a death threat through the mail, will you call the Police & take precaution?...

Alerting the authorities isn't the same as caving into a terrorist's demands.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm amazed at the total lack of interest I have in seeing this movie. Guess my give a damn factor is busted.
Maybe if this movie was sold as an instructional video for the Korean people, it would get more attention.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is crock of snip.

Hollywood made famous by Eastwood's,Wayne's, etc caved so easily.

Guess No Ko are the ones now saying,'Yippie kai yay snip snippers.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wasn't bothered about seeing this film until all the drama over it kicked off. Funny how a well executed marketing plan works

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I DID say most. Though I wasn't aware that Idiocracy didn't come out in theaters.
I'll concede that point, you did say "most". I need to work on my reading comprehension. I was surprised when I learned that about Idiocracy as well.

Also: Camacho for 2016. A girl can dream.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Which would be the equivalent of Sony never making another Movie.

Your comparison doesn't stand.

I asked would you call the police & take precaution?
Equivalent to Sony contacting Intelligence Services & taking precaution...

But according to some that would be the actions of a spineless #ssy...

& I couldn't disagree more...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Which would be the equivalent of Sony never making another Movie.

No, the equivalent would be that Sony pulls a movie every time they get some bull**** threat.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yeah I agree I'd much rather people lose their lives in a terrorist attack than shut down a #ty propaganda film.

Priorities people, priorities!!!

I'd rather not bow to threats but carry on exercising freedom of speech/exprression.

That's MY priority.

Peace

edit on 18-12-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

a #ty propaganda film.

Yeah, it's a "#ty propaganda film", and not one I would watch, but that doesn't negate the fact that in this instance the 'terrorists' have won.

Where was the evil dictatorship outcry when Sacha Baron Cohen made his awful movies?

People have a right to watch crap.
People have a right to complain about it.

I see another agenda here, which is to do with stricter anti-terror legislation and the ongoing diminishing of civil rights.

We have the right to offend and the right to be offended.

Soon we will be told how to feel. It's already happening.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

if we hadnt pulled the interview from theaters, they probably would have hit marvel next. "marvel hack reveals all"

then people would be crying for blood.

edit on 18-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   
Can't wait to see what drama Star Wars: Episode VII will cause....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join