It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paramount Bans Showing ‘Team America’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just gonna throw this out there since North Korea wants to act like the Grinch who stole Christmas.

Might I suggest heading to the funny picture thread and thrash his royal 'highness' ?

Since we won't get to watch the movie.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Maybe Kim just wants some of the love Castros been getting last 48 hours.

Listening to John Kerry talk....wow...sounds like if Fidel was anywhere near him he would have dropped down on his knees and took him full on.

Put all three of them in a room with a sprayer line connected to a urinal, to be honest. Men that need to be frequently reminded of how great they are don't have egos... they have paranoia and delecate psyches that need frequent soothing. THAT is what pisses me off about all of this. These movie studios and the handfull of people supporting their idiotic appeasement of dictatorial dickishness are just making the problem worse. The ultimate goal here should be to box children like Kim Jong Un into a corner and force them to either fight or debase themselves in the eyes of their subjects. Either commit suicide by retaliation from the US military or suicide by an angry wave of people you ruled with an iron fist who have seen that you have no guts when actually confronted.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
if i was north korea and i really wanted to piss people off, i would make a really convincing sony report saying that a deal between marvel and sony for spiderman to appear in avengers has been finalized. and then when it turns out to be fake, people wont know who to be more pissed off at, korea for faking it or sony for not actually doing it.

XD

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellhound604
Well, I wonder what the response would be if America's biggest enemy makes a comedy movie assassinating America's hero president (guess it would be a conservative, white dude, not Obama, seeing that Americans hate him that much), and show just how stupid Americans are.... Heck, even better, make a comedy about 9/11 showing the incompetence of the great USA....

I guess then the Americans would be up and screaming insisting that the movie be banned too .....

Why don't we rather focus on the good points in others, rather than ridiculing them, and then respond with anger and disbelief when they are angered by the ridicule?

There's a gigantic flaw in this logic.

The majority of the comedy programming on U.S. TV highlights the current retardation of the entire country. I personally find self deprecation to be one of the most effective comedic efforts, and apparently so do the millions of viewers across the country. If you can't laugh at yourself, you won't find much enjoyment in this life.

Dear Leader needs to lighten up and laugh a little. Maybe he'll enjoy good health longer than his father.

Oh, and my opinion on the pulling of films some may find "offensive"? I wouldn't have done it. Freedom of speech means that anyone can say anything their rotten little hearts desire. Knee-jerk reactions to words or stories (even if acted out visually in a movie) are childish and it tells a tale of little to no testicular fortitude.

Play the films. If the beloved dingleberry wants to make a move in retaliation, let him. Then we respond in a way which acts to dissuade any future attempts at throwing a temper tantrum on our soil, for fears of total destruction.

Just my 2¢.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Marvel Studios are Walt Disney Distribution, not Sony. Webgeeks and the conocon crowd would sniff the BS out of that announcement immediately.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: TzarChasm

Marvel Studios are Walt Disney Distribution, not Sony. Webgeeks and the conocon crowd would sniff the BS out of that announcement immediately.

whatevs, i was trying to turn a very stupid argument into a somewhat amusing one.

i will let you guys go back to dissing america and dissing korea for dissing america for dissing korea.
edit on 18-12-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That gave me an idea for a great SNL bit. Kerry on the conference line with Castro and Kim.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's called caving to terrorism and by doing it, you show that their tactics can not only be successful, but actually produce measurable results.

The patriot act and the police state we live in now already showed that America caves in to terrorist threats.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Wasn't there a North Korea propaganda film some time ago that showed nuclear weapons detonating and the White House being blown to smithereens?

I'm pretty sure there was, and I'm pretty sure the US didn't threaten NK with terrorism if they played the film.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the general reaction to the film was: "Oh you silly North Koreans! Always up to your world domination antics! You're so cute when your megalomaniacal."

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It's called caving to terrorism and by doing it, you show that their tactics can not only be successful, but actually produce measurable results.

The patriot act and the police state we live in now already showed that America caves in to terrorist threats.

Think you mean the FISA Act of the 70's and the Omnibus Counter Terroism Act of the 90s.

Thanks for the selective history lesson.
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
So many contradictions.
So many turtles.
So little time.

The entire Security State needs to be abolished.
edit on 12/18/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

The entire 'security' state is a joke.

Needs to be renamed to National Insecurity.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
? One of the great classic action/romance movies of all time snubbed??

Oh, preez say it's not rue!

I've had a hankering to watch it again recently before all this SONY bs.
Think I'll have a World Police party and watch it.

Eta: Somebody needs to make an Obama puppet movie. Preez?

edit on 18-12-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

All the more reason to shut down the alphabet agencies, ya?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

i dont know about that but olympus is falling deals with a siege on the white house by north korean terrorists
i guess thats ok

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Somebody needs to make an Obama puppet movie. Preez?

Don't we see enough Puppet Obama on the nightly news as it is?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

No.

We actually do need some of them.

They need to do their damn jobs.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a sad spectacle indeed. way to make a stand.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Kali74

No.

We actually do need some of them.

They need to do their damn jobs.

Which do we need and why?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Hackers are gonna hack anyway. They already got in, I imagine they've found the hole and plugged it, by now. On high alert as well, another go at attacking Sony would be risky now. Like burglarizing the same house twice in a month.

I doubt thats the reason they aren't releasing this. I also think that unlike the Muslim movie blamed for BenGhazi (which was BS, too) nobody is going to care one way or another about another crazy Hollywood release showing USA blowing up another country. Don't they all?

I think its just crappy and they hope to market it out of the cellar to save the millions spent on a multiple agency agendized "comedy".

They'll release it anyway and make bank on it when they do. Everyone will still come away feeling ripped off.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join