It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: Murgatroid
anti-Catholic propaganda.

Purgatory exists. No matter who discovered/discussed it ...

Purgatory is a concept dreamed up roughly 1,400 years ago. Why do you believe it definitely exists when the term (that term, explicitly) wasn't even used up until that point? Did it not exist before then, or existed but no one saw fit to mention it?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
On the subject of purgatory,
yes there is a waiting period of sorts for some people after they pass.
I know this from direct experience with a friend of mine who passed away and then stopped in to visit about 4 or 5 years after.
I was told that she was in a period of reflection and waiting until she was to go someplace "better".

She didn't leave earth, but stayed/rested/reflected in the home she shared the happiest memories in until such a time as to move on.

Believe it or not,
that's what I was told directly by her.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: uncommitted

If you had audio of Robin Williams saying 'Yes' and you set up a video where you act out asking a question of him and then the audio of him saying 'yes' was played, but you didn't know it was from a recording, would you want a more sterile testing environment to check if a dead person really did respond to a question, or would you be mind glowingly stupid enough to think it must be true?

Why of course not.

Because its a "ghost box" , lol. That "label" is proof enough.

Next they will come up with a "God" box.

You caught me out, thank you for showing me the error of my ways. Anyone know where I could spend a few hundred dollars of my hard earned money on getting such a device, I mean it must be foolproof, right?

link   

1 doesnt doubt a place interpreted as such PURGATORY exist maybe it has different names transfers over times like Xibalba...
(Mayan pronunciation: [ʃiɓalˈɓa]), roughly translated as "place of fear",[1] is the name of the underworld in K'iche' Maya mythology, ruled by the Maya death gods and their helpers. In 16th-century Verapaz, the entrance to Xibalba was traditionally held to be a cave in the vicinity of Cobán, Guatemala. According to some of the K'iche' Maya presently living in the vicinity, the area is still associated with death. Cave systems in nearby Belize have also been referred to as the entrance to Xibalba.[2] In some Maya areas, the Milky Way is viewed as the road to Xibalba.[3]

OR NINHURSAG NETHER REALM

NAMASTE*******
edit on 12/18/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

1 doesnt doubt a place interpreted as such PURGATORY exist maybe it has different names transfers over times like Xibalba...
(Mayan pronunciation: [ʃiɓalˈɓa]), roughly translated as "place of fear",[1] is the name of the underworld in K'iche' Maya mythology, ruled by the Maya death gods and their helpers. In 16th-century Verapaz, the entrance to Xibalba was traditionally held to be a cave in the vicinity of Cobán, Guatemala. According to some of the K'iche' Maya presently living in the vicinity, the area is still associated with death. Cave systems in nearby Belize have also been referred to as the entrance to Xibalba.[2] In some Maya areas, the Milky Way is viewed as the road to Xibalba.[3]

OR NINHURSAG NETHER REALM

NAMASTE*******

You can doubt or not doubt whatever you want, but the Catholic concept of purgatory predates the 16th century so I'm not really sure what your point is.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted
I don't really care what your links say as they are opinion based, I've stated historical fact.

FYI: just like your posts, 'historical fact' is ALSO opinion based...

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Purgatory is a concept dreamed up roughly 1,400 years ago.

Nope. The Hebrews believed in a place that the souls of the dead went to but that required sacrifices and prayers by those still living in order to 'loose them from the bonds of their sins'. (for example see Maccabees). Check the beliefs in ancient Asia (which still persist to today) about 'hungry ghosts' ... spirits of the dead who aren't at rest but who require sacrifices and prayers to 'move on'. Also, ghosts have been seen/discussed for thousands of years ... souls of the dead who were not in heaven or hell but were not at rest because of unfinished business. This is all 'purgatory'. The word itself came from the Catholics, but the concept has been around for thousands and thousands of years.

Side note .. there is a purgatory museum in Rome as well as many writings by saints and mystics about encounters with purgatorial souls through thousands of years.

What was said by the alleged spirit of Williams fits that which a soul in Purgatory would say. I'm not saying it's him for sure, but it fits.

edit on 12/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Anyone know where I could spend a few hundred dollars of my hard earned money on getting such a device, I mean it must be foolproof, right?

Just get a conch shell and hold it to your ear, they're much cheaper.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

You're mixing two theories in the same response. It's either an audible response or a hoax, not both

I'm not mixing anything. At the start of the video you are conditioned to what the person presenting wants you to hear, and you heard it. There is no great difference.

Sheesh, you have no way of knowing if snippets of conversation Robin Williams made that are in the public domain were spliced together with a little white noise but you take a YT video as proof that the man was speaking after he died. I think you are somewhat missing the point.

Sorry, but you are mixing the two. Just re-read what you said. First, your suggesting that I'm predisposed to what I'm about to hear and therefore accept it. Second, you say that it could be spliced audio of Robin. If it's spliced audio, then that would indicate a deliberate hoax AND it is Robin's voice so no predisposition required because it's his voice spliced. Do you see now?

Thanks for being so patronising while missing the point. If you had audio of Robin Williams saying 'Yes' and you set up a video where you act out asking a question of him and then the audio of him saying 'yes' was played, but you didn't know it was from a recording, would you want a more sterile testing environment to check if a dead person really did respond to a question, or would you be mind blowingly stupid enough to think it must be true?

You may want to think that one through before you respond.

Do you see now?

I wasn't being patronizing.

So to answer your question... I can't because you're still being obtuse about it. First of all, Huff didn't play a recording of Williams. You're using a hypothetical example against something that isn't hypothetical trying to hammer in a point.
Straw man all the way to the bank man.

If someone played an EVP for me, I would make sure it wasn't a recording. If it wasn't a recording then I would see if what I understood was the same as the person who showed me, compare and take it from there. All your argument is, is a suggestion that Huff hoaxed this. You seem to think I would easily accept anyone's interpretations of the EVPs they get. You can't be further from the truth. When I do EVP sessions I'm critical of every response. I will ask the same question 10x to be sure of the response I get. Not everyone on ATS is an idiot you know. Just because I'm spiritual and believe in the afterlife doesn't immediately make me a loon or "mind blowing stupid" as you so elegantly suggested.

In fact, I'm intelligent enough to see you are having a hard time articulating your argument. You're going from hoax, to audible pareidolia and that's because you're confused. You're not sure which angle to approach it from. Can't be both because if someone made a recording of Williams, then obviously it's Williams and not pareidolia. And if it's not pareidolia then it's a hoax. Sucks to be you caught in a paradox.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Cambot

I'm probably only going to respond to one or two of you once but if you don't believe in the after life, then why are you in the forum? Only a skeptic would immediately say hoax.

Thats actually a pretty scary video...
edit on 18 12 14 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You're mixing two theories in the same response. It's either an audible response or a hoax, not both

I'm not mixing anything. At the start of the video you are conditioned to what the person presenting wants you to hear, and you heard it. There is no great difference.

Sheesh, you have no way of knowing if snippets of conversation Robin Williams made that are in the public domain were spliced together with a little white noise but you take a YT video as proof that the man was speaking after he died. I think you are somewhat missing the point.

Your challenge then (until the next hedge you can mount for yourself) is to purchase one of these digital tuners, record the voices, and accuse yourself of unknowingly splicing them together.

Å99

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Never heard of that museum before.
Trippy pictures!

One of them has 6 fingers burned into the page.

that is creepy for some reason...lol

Star for the cool little link!

*bing!*

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If you had audio of Robin Williams saying 'Yes' and you set up a video where you act out asking a question of him and then the audio of him saying 'yes' was played, but you didn't know it was from a recording, would you want a more sterile testing environment to check if a dead person really did respond to a question, or would you be mind glowingly stupid enough to think it must be true?

Why of course not.

Because its a "ghost box" , lol. That "label" is proof enough.

Next they will come up with a "God" box.

You caught me out, thank you for showing me the error of my ways. Anyone know where I could spend a few hundred dollars of my hard earned money on getting such a device, I mean it must be foolproof, right?

Probably as 'foolproof' as just saying 'it's foolproof'...

You are right.

Å99

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Just for the record - I had an NDE when I was younger ( I was actually dead for quite awhile before being brought back ) and have always been very upset about what I personally experienced.

After watching this video last night, on a whim, I shot off an email to Mr Huff and asked if the EVP's he's gotten ever discussed a particular concept, while leaving the details vague. He replied within hours, in a totally friendly manner - saying that the EVP's have discussed things like I had experienced... And in doing so he added in some of the details I had deliberately omitted.

Again, total skeptic, but very intrigued. If nothing else - Hell of a nice guy.

Dude you need to spill. But I know how it is. Don't think though that anyone here would disrespect you if you told about it. But again it can be hard.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That really does sound like Robin Williams.

On a sidenote, I can't help but think that Frank Caliendo will have a blast with these spirit boxes once he passes.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
once in a blue moon a paranormal video or evp gives me this vibe i cant explain and something in the back of my mind tells me that its legit...cold chills...i got that feeling with this video. do i think its real or not? i have no clue. but i will say this. it gave me enough cold chills to convince my friend who is a sound technician to listen to it tomorrow.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I hve heard really good things about that app! Please let me know how you go with it because im interested in buying it but still a little bit on the fence about that particular app mainly because its an app and not an actual spirit box, that said i have a rather cheap spirit box app but its not EVP its called spirit story box, i don't know fully how it works and wont pretend too lol but basically it puts everything in to actual words, it takes the EVP the app collects and fits it in with actual words so there is no audio only words it is the only one of these kind i have tried (and i tried alot) that actually made me think it may be legit, anyway i have had more than just a few strange things said on that app that could be total coincidence but its left me wondering, one of them the most recent one i was using it in my room while my middle child was in bed he was quite sick at the time with a fever amd bronchitis and he just slept all day for 2 days anyway i had the app on and up on the screen comes child bed fever, i almost jumped out of my body i was like there is absolutely no way that is a coincidence, another time sitting near my daughter on the couch and it said sofa daughter, again i was like huh? Another time me and my partner were talking about our puppy while we had it on i can't remember why but pet came up on the screen, then another time i was in my kitchen and it started naming everything around me, could have been totally random right ? I thought maybe so too until it started naming random stuff on my bench that doesnt belong in the kitchen anyway like a door himge i had sitting on my bench, then another time in my room again i had the phone sittingon my dresser with it on and up pops dresser.. Could all be coincidence but it seems like too many to just be coincidence.

Anyway i want a proper EVP one so i can actually hear the EVP's i capture and that app seems to have good feedback even on here i read a thread about echovox. Please post anything interesting too!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo
Wow OP, I was skeptical until I heard the 3 last
voices, they all sounded like Robin Williams,
and the last one 'I'm here with dad' it not only
sounded like him, but there was definite
emotion in his voice, like he was immensely
happy that he was in tears.

Great post.

Rebel 5

P.S. I also spent many years researching EVP
and I know this is a real phenomenon
(As Thomas Edison did) but never used a spirit
box.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I've been playing around with it for a couple hours and I can't say I'm getting anything definite. There were a few moments I could be sure I was hearing direct talking to me but it is really random. A lot of oo, ah, wa, and other vowels sounds clumped together with male and female voices. I've been scrutinizing quite a bit. Haven't heard my name yet but there were some close calls. I will say I'm feeling exhausted right now and was about to take a short nap. I'll be giving it another go but something tells me I'm not doing it right. Not sure if I should speed it up or slow it down.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

The part where he says I'm here with dad, also sounds like I'm here with death. Dad/death is pretty abrupt

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join