It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yowzers I have to post this: Did paranormal researcher make contact with Robin Williams?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Might help to take it somewhere "haunted",
unless you live in a place like that already.

I would experiment in different areas with it, you just never know what might or might not happen.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Sounds promising if there has been some close calls with your name, after you have a good nap maybe try both slowing it down and speeding it up and see what works for you!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: uncommitted
Purgatory is a concept dreamed up roughly 1,400 years ago.

Nope. The Hebrews believed in a place that the souls of the dead went to but that required sacrifices and prayers by those still living in order to 'loose them from the bonds of their sins'. (for example see Maccabees). Check the beliefs in ancient Asia (which still persist to today) about 'hungry ghosts' ... spirits of the dead who aren't at rest but who require sacrifices and prayers to 'move on'. Also, ghosts have been seen/discussed for thousands of years ... souls of the dead who were not in heaven or hell but were not at rest because of unfinished business. This is all 'purgatory'. The word itself came from the Catholics, but the concept has been around for thousands and thousands of years.

Side note .. there is a purgatory museum in Rome as well as many writings by saints and mystics about encounters with purgatorial souls through thousands of years.

What was said by the alleged spirit of Williams fits that which a soul in Purgatory would say. I'm not saying it's him for sure, but it fits.

Please read your own source, it says 'dating back to at least the 11th century' which maps to my comment.

I thank you in advance.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

I don't really care what your links say as they are opinion based, I've stated historical fact.

FYI: just like your posts, 'historical fact' is ALSO opinion based...

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

Are you using rentaquote.com? Saying it doesn't actually mean much unless you can validate it, sheesh, I will comment Lennon again, does that make his opinion fact?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

a reply to: uncommitted

You're mixing two theories in the same response. It's either an audible response or a hoax, not both

I'm not mixing anything. At the start of the video you are conditioned to what the person presenting wants you to hear, and you heard it. There is no great difference.

Sheesh, you have no way of knowing if snippets of conversation Robin Williams made that are in the public domain were spliced together with a little white noise but you take a YT video as proof that the man was speaking after he died. I think you are somewhat missing the point.

Sorry, but you are mixing the two. Just re-read what you said. First, your suggesting that I'm predisposed to what I'm about to hear and therefore accept it. Second, you say that it could be spliced audio of Robin. If it's spliced audio, then that would indicate a deliberate hoax AND it is Robin's voice so no predisposition required because it's his voice spliced. Do you see now?

Thanks for being so patronising while missing the point. If you had audio of Robin Williams saying 'Yes' and you set up a video where you act out asking a question of him and then the audio of him saying 'yes' was played, but you didn't know it was from a recording, would you want a more sterile testing environment to check if a dead person really did respond to a question, or would you be mind blowingly stupid enough to think it must be true?

You may want to think that one through before you respond.

Do you see now?

I wasn't being patronizing.

So to answer your question... I can't because you're still being obtuse about it. First of all, Huff didn't play a recording of Williams.

You have no idea if that is the case. Why are you so sure?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

You're mixing two theories in the same response. It's either an audible response or a hoax, not both

I'm not mixing anything. At the start of the video you are conditioned to what the person presenting wants you to hear, and you heard it. There is no great difference.

Sheesh, you have no way of knowing if snippets of conversation Robin Williams made that are in the public domain were spliced together with a little white noise but you take a YT video as proof that the man was speaking after he died. I think you are somewhat missing the point.

Your challenge then (until the next hedge you can mount for yourself) is to purchase one of these digital tuners, record the voices, and accuse yourself of unknowingly splicing them together.

Å99

You are seriously suggesting I should spend my own money on this? Why on Earth do you think that is a challenge on me? Tell you what, you buy one, send me a personal mail for somewhere to ship it to and I will examine. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof - you've heard that before, right?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Tibetan, the bardos fit in exactly to the progression of evp recordings, and also to the links I gave on NDP's wherein many at first are in the time out place basically dealing with trauma, suffering, mistakes, things that are holding them back until they raise higher in their thoughts, and find the light was always with them, waiting for them to remember.

Purgatory is just one word for something that is known in many cultures. Was reading on the pharoah's and who the big names in the old testament really were, the lineage of kings. And since 2 of the Hebrew women were married to the Pharoah's began to realize why the lineage was passed through the mother.

It was very interesting book, but the author imagined that Egypt was the start of beliefs in the afterlife. And my jaw dropped.

Ummm....no. Basically in cave man days, they sat around the camp fire and shared NDE's, Lucid Dreams, Astral Walks, Contact, Guidance, and even Abductions. And whales, dolphins, elephants, higher mind creatures great and small. They're hardly off the hook.

When that cat is staring over your head and growling or looking spooked, its for real!

Also, compared to fundamental religious concepts, the natural grass roots ones, are the Real Deal.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You have no idea if that is the case. Why are you so sure?

It's called emotional intelligence. If you can't pick out liars from people telling the truth by now then you're in big trouble. Clearly you believe it sounds like RW otherwise you wouldn't be so tenacious about it be a pre-recorded hoax. You're only validating it's RW more and more by how much you deny. Unfortunately you can't understand this because you're not looking at if from my perspective. Once the hoax factor is out of the picture, what have you got left? A true EVP. Whoa, can't have that now can we?

People don't hoax evps friend. Sure, misinterpretation is common and it's possible people hear what they want or persuade others to hear what they want, no denying that. But this is a class A evp. Look it up. I can already hear the walls crumbling around you.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Colour me freaked out. Of course, scepticism is needed. I don't know how valid this is.

I was sad. Confused as to why he said "FU*^. And just... intrigued.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

To me this would indicate EVP is a scam as the chance of a random ghost being Robin Williams would be less than one in a billion.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

You have sold me
where can I get one of these machines?.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: TWILITE22

see a lot of that stuff just sounds like snippets from radio stations. feels a lot like finding words in your alphabet soup.

Until someone can give a plausible explanation,one that actually makes sense then I'll stick with the possibility that it could be Robin Williams.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
Colour me freaked out. Of course, scepticism is needed. I don't know how valid this is.

I was sad. Confused as to why he said "FU*^. And just... intrigued.

Thanks for posting.

IMO He said the eff bomb, because he was so stressed, and miserable with where he was. Utter despair and regret at that moment. The way he said it reminded me of how it feels going through terrible withdrawals from antidepressants and benzos. Misery, fear and despair.
edit on 18-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99

Your challenge then (until the next hedge you can mount for yourself) is to purchase one of these digital tuners, record the voices, and accuse yourself of unknowingly splicing them together.

Å99

You are seriously suggesting I should spend my own money on this? Why on Earth do you think that is a challenge on me? Tell you what, you buy one, send me a personal mail for somewhere to ship it to and I will examine. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof - you've heard that before, right?

You would not credit it anyway...that's the point...neither would you spend your money on a cyclatron, but I bet you credit it more...I don't suppose you have one lying around, do you?

Å99
edit on 18-12-2014 by akushla99 because: Addd

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

While I do believe they work, and while investigation is a breakthrough for those who look into, not necessarily good idea to be the one doing it. I think it makes you a bit of a beacon for the supernatural and you'd need a strong faith. You can order devices online. One of the simplest experiments is to use audacity, a good mike, and play some white noise from youtube, and put a tesla coil video on repeat, then turn the volume down or off and put the mike near the speakers facing you, and record. Some tricks in playback is to 1. remove noise. 2. amplify 3. slow it down a bit, and to make it still stand out, turn up the pitch a little for doing this, and things will pop out. I would be calm and love and ask for the Highest Light Beings, Angels, to help and assist all those trapped or needing help moving up and lightening their spirits.

I am not sure would recommend this for everyone. I feel strongly that those doing these recordings could have prayers sent their way as well for safety, and protection, and to be guided into what's good and what is not.

If you do look into this, and try anything out, have prayers ready.

edit on 18-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Though I've posted about this once or twice over the years - and find it very difficult to discuss - I'm chosing to revisit and share for those in this thread, since a couple of people have asked.

I was born with a congenital heart defect called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. The basic explanation is that, as a person grows, the hearts nervous system does not - it generates new nerves and the older, smaller ones simply dissolve. I was born without the protien that causes those old nerve pathways to dissolve. Thus I had a heart with a lot of extra wiring. Wiring that allowed me to frequently go into very dangerous arrythmias - specifically PAT / SVT / Afib. If you read the article it shows examples of heart rates in the mid 100's - my case, at the time, was considered to be the worst thus far known ( a blessing because I was treated by several very famous cardiologists ) - but 280 - 300 beats per minute was my usual attack. At that speed one has no real blood flow anyway.

I had hundreds of such episodes between onset at age 13 and eventual cure at age 28 ( the cure did not exist before that ).

Now for the event: bear in mind I have transient amnesia about aspects of what happened and have used the testimony of those who were there to fill in the parts I don't recall.

At eighteen I was in the shower and bent over to get soap, or a rag... something - and the change in body position triggered an episode. After years of these attacks I could tell the doctors what sort of arrhythmia I was in before they even hooked me up to ECG machines - I could feel the differences. With this one I instantly knew it was different. I had never felt this particular type of speed / feeling / pain / difficulty breathing / pounding before.

This was the point where I was technically already dead. I was in ventricular fribulation. I had no blood flow but was still conscious.

I got out of the shower, dried off, tossed on my pants and a shirt and left the bathroom where I immediately told my mother to call 911.

After years of having dealt with these problems my mother saw it all as old hat and never was very reactionary. I already had PTSD from the years of attacks and she wrote my insistances that this event was differernt off as panic. She insisted I sit down, relax, put some ice on my neck ( stimulation of the vagus nerve ), deep breathing...

At that point I am told I looked at my sister and said "too late" and dropped.

It was 12 - 20 minutes after that point when my heart was restarted by cardioversion - you know... the paddles and "clear". The manual CPR done before that had already severely bruised my heart, broken several ribs, and shattered my orbital socket of my left shoulder.

My family was told to come into the room and say their goodbyes - that there was no chance I'd survive the night. Which they did.

I lay comatose for 3 days in definance of that pronouncement - during which time my family was told I would never wake and, that even if I did, I would be be vegetative or severely impaired.

Obviously they were wrong. I am different, but that's hard to explain. It's little things, like I used to have a very strong talent for drawing lifelike pictures by hand. Now I can barely draw a stick figure. Then again, I used to be shy and had a stutter - now I am confident, outgoing, and haven't stuttered since the cardiac arrest.

That is physical world background. Now for the NDE - which is not nearly as detailed or involved...

I remember a light, behind me - a warmth. It was pushing me away. It was like being on roller skates and having sombody walking behind me, gently pushing me along. The light went away and I was left in absolute and total darkness and cold. A vacuum kind of. Nothing but my thoughts. No sounds, no sights, nothing. It felt like I was there for a long time.

Then I was suddenly in a place that I can only describe as something like an ancient Roman street and I recall screaming "I promise, I promise"

Next thing I knew, my eyes opened and a man was touching my "stuff". I had no clue where I was, who I was, or what was happening - so I grabbed the nearest object to my hand ( an IV pole ) and proceeded to attack the guy. Turned out he was an orderly or male nurse changing my catheter.

It took me a couple of weeks to begin to understand any of it. Another thing that is hard to explain. I was in hospitals, having open heart surgery, all sorts of stuff going on - and to me it was normal life. It took weeks before I began to understand and remember.

That's it - that's my NDE story.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sure sounds like his voice to me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wayforward

To me this would indicate EVP is a scam as the chance of a random ghost being Robin Williams would be less than one in a billion.

Apart from the irrelevant statistic, this guy Huff has thousands of recordings of 'people' who have no fame...some of which (as I've already mentioned in this post) were 'contacted' by name because the relative was present during the recording (and sometimes it doesn't work this way - probably because they have moved on and are no longer on the 'locale of a 'waiting room' situation)...one I remember of note, was a father asking after his son who had taken his own life, coming through with an answer that he had wanted to go through with it (initially), had changed his mind, but, accidentally finished the deed...you could make this 'stuff' up...but why? Why concoct an elaborate story, produce a video, wrangle the father of a deceased son to fool the public?...why not just blog it? It is no more credible either way...to those who don't believe what they hear...

Å99

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

that is some story I can see where it was hard for you to tell us, I can't imagine all those heart episodes you went through until there was a cure...I appreciate that you shared it with us.

.....interesting that the guy filled in stuff you left vague...he seems sincere ..... the first part was hard to understand on the tape but the last part was clear...not sure what to think...gives me pause,...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

ok! who's willing to hear me out? I think I just had my first orb experience. Hope I'm not messing with something I'm not prepared to handle but this is exciting. Decided to give it another go except with the lights out snapping pictures in the dark while I talk. The dialog is still rather garbled and may take some practice to filter through the noise but when I was taking a picture, just before the flash that 1/2 second pause, I saw an orb fly right in front for me in the phone display; a downward swoop then up. No joke. Happened twice. I literally saw a small ball with some (trailing?) behind it swooping by. My first reaction before the picture snapped was an insect but....it happened a second time. I think I actually caught it and a bright little dot on my coat hanging on the coat stand. Then there was a maniacal laugh. I laughed too and said laugh again. It did. Like a huhhh huhh huhh huhh. lol, crazy. I said, who laughed? and I heard Frank. I would also like to add, some of the pictures look like Vaseline smeared on the lens while others are crystal clear. Scary shiz.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join