It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

your claim that the gov. had nothing to do with the cancel can not be proven. Again logic dictates that the gov. would have say in these matters

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

no, it doesn't. and you can't prove they had ANYTHING to do with it.....especially in the face of all the information that contradicts your claim..

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
at no time will anything ever be proven 100%
So before the proof game starts could you give me specifics as to what you require to rest your case as far as proof goes
also i think it will be wise to start by agreeing on a set definition of proof

or we could just agree to dis agree

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I know everybody is demonizing the N Koreans perhaps that is justified. But let’s put this in context.

What if a Palestinians made a movie with the theme of Hamas assassinating Netanyahu?

Or the other hand what if an Israeli made a movie of Shin Bet or some radical Zionist group that planned the assassination of the leader of the Palestinians.

You see my point.

Also, as for freedom of speech. When Kennedy was shot Sinatra took his assassination movie out of circulation.

Also it’s a crime to even threaten our president.

I don’t think no movie maker would make a movie about Obama like they made against the Korean leader.

You see the hypocrisy here?

As for all the hoopla over hacking

REMEMBER SNOWDEN FOLKS?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Thankfully, they cancelled the release of this film. We are all safe now.

No one will have to struggle with deciding whether or not to waste good money going to see it.

Thank you, Sony!

edit: They have have hacked them before they released This Is The End.
edit on 19-12-2014 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122
a reply to: the owlbear

Where exactly are you getting your projections that make you think Sony will be bankrupt by next year? Possibly Sony Films, but the whole company?

Ever hear of this little new invention called a Playstation 4?

Here's my conspiracy theory on why Sony pulled the movie:

The hackers are threatening to release the PS4 encryption keys unless Sony cancels the movie... Imagine if you could download, burn, and play any PS4 game without modifying your console... With everything that the hackers have released so far, it wouldn't surprise me if that data was taken from their servers as well - their security practices seem to be pretty sloppy.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Americas paranoid at the best of times, this sounds like political scaremongering to me, probably some other alliterate agenda at play. Hopefully nothing comes of the situation.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I don’t think no movie maker would make a movie about Obama like they made against the Korean leader.

You think so?

Death of a President (2006 film)

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept mockumentary political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois. The film is presented as a future history mockumentary and uses actors, archival video footage as well as computer-generated special effects to present the hypothetical aftermath the event had on civil liberties, racial profiling, journalistic sensationalism and foreign policy.

Remember, in 2006, Bush was the sitting President.
edit on 19-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
A bad precedent has been set with the movie industry caving in. Next we'll have Russia or China not liking an op-ed in the NY Times and hacking their site, divulging insider emails and threatening violence. So they will then have the printed article removed. There will go the US Freedom of the Press, only dictated by a foreign country. This is your future, folks. Hope you like it.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
A bad precedent has been set with the movie industry caving in. Next we'll have Russia or China not liking an op-ed in the NY Times and hacking their site, divulging insider emails and threatening violence. So they will then have the printed article removed. There will go the US Freedom of the Press, only dictated by a foreign country. This is your future, folks. Hope you like it.

This precedent was set when Comedy Central blacked out pictures of Mohammad on South Park in an old episode that pre-dated 9/11, but I see your point. It's only going to get worse, which is evidenced by the fact that THIS situation is worse than the previous one.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
This precedent was set when Comedy Central blacked out pictures of Mohammad on South Park in an old episode that pre-dated 9/11.

Minor correction, that was in 2006. And Comedy Central is a big bunch of pusses for doing that.

edit on 19-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I meant the episode's original air date pre-dated 9/11. I know the event happened in 2006. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Are you referring to the Family Guy spoof episode where the manatees put Mohammed into the episode? If so that originally aired in the spring of 2006.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

This precedent was set when Comedy Central blacked out pictures of Mohammad on South Park in an old episode that pre-dated 9/11, but I see your point. It's only going to get worse, which is evidenced by the fact that THIS situation is worse than the previous one.

But at least the South Park episode was still shown and Comedy Central didn't lose $75 million in the process.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's why I said this situation is worse. Remember I agreed with your conclusion that it is only going to get worse. I only moved the date of the precedent being set back.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Are you referring to the Family Guy spoof episode where the manatees put Mohammed into the episode? If so that originally aired in the spring of 2006.

No, that episode was created in response to Comedy Central blacking out Mohammad in the Super-Best Friends episode (which because of the FG spoof episode won't even play on television anymore).

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Gotcha. I forgot about that one.

Good to see their is another South Park aficionado on board.

And they are still a bunch of losers for doing it twice.

edit on 19-12-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Lol yes, they are.

I love pretty much anything Matt Stone and Trey Parker create (yes even Baseketball). They are some of the best satirists of our time (them and Stephen Colbert). I imagine that since the issue with Paramount not letting theaters play Team America happened as well as this issue, we will see a South Park episode about all of this.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I imagine that since the issue with Paramount not letting theaters play Team America happened as well as this issue, we will see a South Park episode about all of this.

One of the reasons I am disappointed the seasons were cut back to 10 episodes. It prevents them from hitting topical subjects for 80% of the year.

We probably would have seen something this week if it were still on.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ya, good point. The season just ended and by the time they start up a new one, this will be long gone out of the news.

PS. This past season was AMAZING! I liked how all the episodes were semi-connected to each other and referenced each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join