It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Please tell me you were joking about Team America.

PLEASE!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

Yeah, we could really use Matt and Trey saving the MF'ing day.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
I can see SOME government involvement in hollywood creation (ala the FCC), but I certainly don't see any evidence of the government not allowing a movie to be shown because of some reason or another. I, personally, have never heard of a movie being banned in the states. Have you?

Also, one more thing. It is poor form to assume things are common knowledge on the internet. Just because you believe it without doubt and is beyond obvious doesn't mean that everyone does.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

say what, now?

Paramount Pulls Team America World Police Because Of Sony Threats

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

PLEASE!

It's no joke see my other post.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Rut Roh!

All kidding aside, that is messed up.
That was one funny funny movie!

I just can't see Hollywood going PC, but seems it is starting to.
An over reaction I think.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Yeah it's an over reaction.

Goes against everything we supposedly stand for with 'free speech', and all.
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TECHNICALLY it doesn't. Its Paramount's movie, therefore its Paramount's decision (read: speech) to show the movie or not. Though I find it reprehensible that a company would cave to such flimsy terrorist threats.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I don't think the movie should have been made in the first place; and the fact it was made to me is very foolish.

I am suspicious too and I am just wondering what may be (all the hidden agendas) regarding this whole thing.

Why would Hollywood in make a movie about killing a known enemy and current living leader of and enemy country?

Why does a supposed group (guardians of peace) suddenly hack Sony and make horrible threats?

Why is all of this happening? What is the hidden agenda behind all of this?

I don't think (we the people) are being told the entire truth.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

wow.....

what in the hell is this spineless bulls**t?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

clearly, you haven't been paying attention...

firstly, these "guardians of peace", are anything but....if they really gave a tinker's damn about peace, they wouldn't be making terroristic threats of violence against civilians over a goddamn movie...

secondly, these delusional braindead morons hacked sony, and made these threats, because they've been brainwashed to believe that doughboy is a living god...

why would they make the movie? because it's funny...

there's no hidden agenda here....delusional idiots made threats, american companies caved.....so apparently, we're gonna be dictated to now....may as well dissolve the union, it doesn't mean squat if we cave to this kind of weak s**t..

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea
a reply to: stumason

I don't think the movie should have been made in the first place; and the fact it was made to me is very foolish.

Why? Just because you find something distasteful doesn't mean that it is foolish to make it.

I am suspicious too and I am just wondering what may be (all the hidden agendas) regarding this whole thing.

Why would Hollywood in make a movie about killing a known enemy and current living leader of and enemy country?

Because freedom of speech and all that jazz. It's not like such movies haven't been made before. Team America came out in 2004. Did you object to that movie when it showed Kimmy senior shed his skin revealing him to be a cockroach?

Why does a supposed group (guardians of peace) suddenly hack Sony and make horrible threats?

Because they can?

Why is all of this happening? What is the hidden agenda behind all of this?

North Korea hates us. I thought that was obvious. Why does there have to be a more sinister agenda than that?

I don't think (we the people) are being told the entire truth.

Yes because it TOTALLY makes sense to film an entire movie wasting all that time, money, and advertising, get ready to release the film then sabotage it at the last second...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I can see SOME government involvement in hollywood creation (ala the FCC), but I certainly don't see any evidence of the government not allowing a movie to be shown because of some reason or another. I, personally, have never heard of a movie being banned in the states. Have you?

Also, one more thing. It is poor form to assume things are common knowledge on the internet. Just because you believe it without doubt and is beyond obvious doesn't mean that everyone does.

Yes i give people too much credit.

The reason films do not get banned is because the stay ahead of the ball so to speak. Meaning hollywood is required to work in tandem with restrictions put on them by the gov.

In this case it is the state department that gave the ok to kill a sitting leader on film and they hold the responsibility for giving the ok to make the movie in a manner that broke the satirical paradigm.

Once the threats became serious it was then on the shoulders of the state dept. to react. Logically we can assume the pulling of the release was ordered by the state dept.

Once again it looks like the current admin fumbled the ball. Their record is not so great at this point and this recent event when viewed with the correct facts raises many conspiracy angles. Like what benefits does the gov. have by giving the ok for the film in the manner it was allowed to be filmed.

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS AN ILLUSION
edit on 18-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Yes i give people too much credit.

No, you just hold a narrative in your head that is contrary to popular opinion but seem to think the narrative is obvious to everyone.

The reason films do not get banned is because the stay ahead of the ball so to speak. Meaning hollywood is required to work in tandem with restrictions put on them by the gov.

In this case it is the state department that gave the ok to kill a sitting leader on film and they hold the responsibility for giving the ok to make the movie in a manner that broke the satirical paradigm.

We've already gone over this. This isn't the first movie that has done that. I, and even another poster, already gave you other examples of such movies. I even pointed out Team America, which is another movie that paints NK in a bad light by insinuating that Kimmy senior is a cockroach. Where was your contempt for that movie?

Once the threats became serious it was then on the shoulders of the state dept. to react. Logically we can assume the pulling of the release was ordered by the state dept.

The threats AREN'T serious. DHS has said as much. So, logically, you are pulling a narrative out of your ass.

Once again it looks like the current admin fumbled the ball. Their record is not so great at this point and this recent event when viewed with the correct facts raises many conspiracy angles. Like what benefits does the gov. have by giving the ok for the film in the manner it was allowed to be filmed.

So somehow this is Obama's fault? Hitting all the conspiracy hot topics now aren't we?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

since you saw fit to ignore it before, and since you seem to want to KEEP making the same false, unsubstantiated claims, here's my post again....

originally posted by: deadeyedick
Yes whenever possible i am on drugs.

that explains a lot..

The reason it was cancelled is because the gov. has always told hollywood what they can show in their films because of the impact films can have on world relations.

Wrong. it was cancelled, because theater chains opted to not show it, because of specific threats made by North Korean terrorists. Sony Pictures, then decided to cancel the December 25th release, because there's no point in releasing a film that no one will run....so it'll probably end up getting released later on.

the federal government had absolutely NOTHING to do with the cancellation of the release.

This film crossed lines that were previously drawn by the state department except for cartoons.

You've still never provided any kind of proof for these mythical lines you claim were drawn by the state department. there are no lines...

Never before has the leader of a country been named and killed while still in power except for cartoons.

how many more times, and by how many more people, do you need to be told that this statement is COMPLETELY untrue?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Good reply...food for thought...thanks!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
No, you just hold a narrative in your head that is contrary to popular opinion but seem to think the narrative is obvious to everyone

actually, he's holding a narrative in his head that is contrary to REALITY...much bigger difference.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You are really good at sarcasm...congratulations.

There is nothing wrong with me stating my thoughts and opinions on this situation.

And yes...I still think the movie never should have been made; the subject matter is in poor taste and to me is simply not funny.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

You are really good at sarcasm...congratulations.

There is nothing wrong with me stating my thoughts and opinions on this situation.

I didn't say you couldn't. I'm not attacking you. I'm picking apart your opinion. Don't conflate the two.

And yes...I still think the movie never should have been made; the subject matter is in poor taste and to me is simply not funny.

Too bad? There are plenty of movies that I find stupid and insipid, but I still don't agree with them being pulled from the theaters for terrorist reasons. Heck I probably wouldn't have watched THIS movie if this controversy hadn't of gone down (though now I kind of want to, just because).

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Yes...you do have a very good point...how many want to see it now...probably a lot!

Couldn't they release it on Netflix?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join