It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: UnBreakable

That's why I said this situation is worse. Remember I agreed with your conclusion that it is only going to get worse. I only moved the date of the precedent being set back.

I know you weren't disagreeing, I was just reiterating the fallout. And like you also said, it's just the beginning. Other countries see that we've caved on releasing a stupid comedy on the periphery, next someone will go for the jugular via the route of hacking aka 'cyber-terrorism' for those that want to create the spectre of a boogeyman.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

edit on -06:00291412042014-12-19T10:04:29-06:00 by Psynic because: Let me try this again

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Other countries see that we've caved on releasing a stupid comedy on the periphery, next someone will go for the jugular via the route of hacking aka 'cyber-terrorism' for those that want to create the spectre of a boogeyman.

The irony that Hollywood, the Masters of Propagandizing, should have the tables turned on them, by someone they represent as a cartoon character, is PRICELESS!

Unless of course, they are indeed the true puppet "masters" and have created "the spectre of a boogeyman" deliberately to advance another agenda?

If Orson Welles had the ability to traumatize America with an AM radio, try to imagine what SONY is capable of.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CommandoJoe

A plausible theory, I'll definitely give you that. And Sony doesn't exactly have a stellar record for keeping their customer's information secure *cough* Network Solutions credit card hack *cough*.

I don't know a lot of the specifications on the different implementations of encryption for the console yet but from what I gather, you'd still have to have some sort of modded hardware to burn the ISO images to a Bluray as the discs themselves are encrypted. The only way I could see around this would be if they released the keys that bind input direction encryption on the USB hubs. I know they already removed the encryption that was locking the ability to write to USB drives for saving videos and screenshots during the 1.65-1.7 Patch, but I'm pretty sure you can't launch a game from an external hard drive so there's got to be some sort of lock on its ability to read from USB for launching games.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
With all the millions we've thrown at security for data mining, we can't trace them? I guess my emails are safe after all.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: parad0x122

A plausible theory, I'll definitely give you that. And Sony doesn't exactly have a stellar record for keeping their customer's information secure *cough* Network Solutions credit card hack *cough*.

I don't know a lot of the specifications on the different implementations of encryption for the console yet but from what I gather, you'd still have to have some sort of modded hardware to burn the ISO images to a Bluray as the discs themselves are encrypted. The only way I could see around this would be if they released the keys that bind input direction encryption on the USB hubs. I know they already removed the encryption that was locking the ability to write to USB drives for saving videos and screenshots during the 1.65-1.7 Patch, but I'm pretty sure you can't launch a game from an external hard drive so there's got to be some sort of lock on its ability to read from USB for launching games.

I'm not at all familiar with the PS4 architecture (I'm an Xbox guy), but the console hackers are pretty smart, and with a little leaked inside info I'm sure they would figure out something...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Absolutely, it's only a matter of time lol.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
at no time will anything ever be proven 100%

very nice...sidestepping, WHILST back-peddling...that's skill...

So before the proof game starts could you give me specifics as to what you require to rest your case as far as proof goes

lol. how about ANYTHING, except your lunatic ramblings, that can substantiate the claim.

also i think it will be wise to start by agreeing on a set definition of proof

grab a dictionary, i don't have time to teach you what words mean.

or we could just agree to dis agree

we both know that's not gonna happen, because you're gonna keep making the same untrue statements, and i'm not gonna just go along with bulls**t.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CommandoJoe
Here's my conspiracy theory on why Sony pulled the movie:

The hackers are threatening to release the PS4 encryption keys unless Sony cancels the movie... Imagine if you could download, burn, and play any PS4 game without modifying your console... With everything that the hackers have released so far, it wouldn't surprise me if that data was taken from their servers as well - their security practices seem to be pretty sloppy.

that'd be a super dope theory if they'd hacked SCEI servers...which they didn't...they hacked Sony Pictures...
edit on 12-19-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
I know everybody is demonizing the N Koreans perhaps that is justified. But let’s put this in context.

What if a Palestinians made a movie with the theme of Hamas assassinating Netanyahu?

Or the other hand what if an Israeli made a movie of Shin Bet or some radical Zionist group that planned the assassination of the leader of the Palestinians.

You see my point.

nope, because they wouldn't make a movie about it....they'd just go do it.

Also, as for freedom of speech. When Kennedy was shot Sinatra took his assassination movie out of circulation.

that was a voluntary decision, not born of any form of coercion...

Also it’s a crime to even threaten our president.

it's a crime to threaten ANYONE..

I don’t think no movie maker would make a movie about Obama like they made against the Korean leader.

firstly, the movie is satire....secondly, there's that movie that Krazysh0t keeps talking about....the one about offing bush....

You see the hypocrisy here?

i'm thinking perhaps you're a bit confused about what "hypocrisy" means...

As for all the hoopla over hacking

REMEMBER SNOWDEN FOLKS?

snowden didn't hack anything....are for serious right now?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

A plausible theory

not even remotely....

they're two completely unconnected parts of sony..
edit on 12-19-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Based on what he said, I thought it was plausible.
I'm aware that PS4 and movies aren't even the same company but what I responded to, written by CommandoJoe, was this:

"Here's my conspiracy theory on why Sony pulled the movie:

The hackers are threatening to release the PS4 encryption keys unless Sony cancels the movie... Imagine if you could download, burn, and play any PS4 game without modifying your console... With everything that the hackers have released so far, it wouldn't surprise me if that data was taken from their servers as well - their security practices seem to be pretty sloppy."

So yeah, if what he was saying above were true, it would be plausible.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

they hacked SPE servers, NOT SCEI/SCEA/SCEE servers....where would they get these "encryption keys" to blackmail them with?

it's not even remotely plausible as a theory...
edit on 12-22-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sony knows that everyone now will want to see this movie because they pulled it. They'll make a killing now in digital rentals and streaming when they decide to release it. Before, only people that are fans of Rogan and James Franco would have seen the movie. Now though, everyone wants to see what this movie is all about.

It's about the money.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Is not the film an act of terrorism?........at the very least terrorist propaganda.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: surfin4

no more so than hot shots 2, when they dropped a piano on saddam, or team america, when they impaled doughboy's dad....

it's called satire, it's called humor...

grab a dictionary, look up the word "terrorism", and then come back.
edit on 12-23-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

He said he wouldn't be surprised if they hacked both.

Are you here just to incessantly disagree with people's opinions, or actually add something of value?

It was my OPINION, therefore, it can't be right or wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

lol, i am adding something of value...that would be critical thinking, and opposition to unfounded speculation..

where did he say that?

opinions are fine....but when you say "here's what i think might have happened", and it's based on nothing, and isn't even a little plausible...well, then you're doing a disservice.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He said it right here. I never once said that I thought the PS4 side got hacked. I said if his conspiracy were true it'd be a plausible (read: conceivable) thought.

edit on 26-12-2014 by parad0x122 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

-sigh-

he said: "With everything that the hackers have released so far, it wouldn't surprise me if that data was taken from their servers as well"

the implication being that he believes that SCE/SEN data would be located on SPE servers, which it is not, which makes the entire idea completely implausible..

in other words: it is completely, absolutely, and wholly, inconceivable

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join