It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Premiere of Sony Film, The Interview, cancelled

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I don't believe that Sony pulled the movie "The Interview" because of terror threats. They did so because they didn't want the movie to go up against Christmas blockbuster movies like "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", "American Sniper"(directed by Clint Eastwood), "Selma"(biopic on Martin Luther King) and "Into The Woods"(children"s musical. a sure-fire money-maker for studios are kids animated features). A lot of better choices for the average movie-goer.

Sony knows that the movie "The Interview" would lose out on a lot of money competing for the Christmas movie rush. This is the studios way of re-releasing the movie at a later date for more comfortable ticket sales. As they say in the conspiracy world, "Follow the money trail".

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

this post, literally makes no sense....i'm talking in terms of how the statement is constructed..

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

You claim a cop out because i will not provide sources for such. You are being intellectually dishonest to ats and dragging everyone down a notch by ignoring reality.

No I am taking you to task for your claims. Here at ATS, you make a claim, you back it up with sources. You don't pretend it is common knowledge then accuse the person demanding a source of intellectual dishonesty. YOU are the one pushing intellectual dishonesty by pushing unsubstantiated claims as fact. You aren't new here; you should know these things.

I'm not ignoring reality either. I never said one way or the other if I believe you. All I did was demand you post a source for your claims. Instead you get hostile and defensive. That says a lot about your claims (that they are probably absurd). So NOW I am going to post my beliefs on your claims. I'm calling you a liar until you post a source

The claim that hollywood is seperate from gov. influence in movies is absurd.

i hate to be so rude here but come on man

The fcc is just one example of the influence

The FCC is a FAR cry from what you are insinuating.

They have not ever been totally free to put whatever they choose in films and in this day and age everything has to be approved.

The gov. even tells us what terms we can call things.

Now it should not be too hard to see that a current leader being specifically named in a real film and being killed is something new and the assumption that they have kept such out of movies till now is not hard to see for most. By your own examples it looks like they opened the door with cartoons depicting such.

It isn't new though. I gave several examples in this very thread of movies where a sitting world leader is killed.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

You may be right. I just saw that a theatre in Texas is showing Team America instead. I guess it is okay to off the old man but not his son Tubbo.

F*** yeah!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
They should allow the film to be "stolen by hackers" and blame it on the "GOP" hackers own stupidity.
Why let them win? Why not allow the comedic device to still serve its intended purpose?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: ~Lucidity

this post, literally makes no sense....i'm talking in terms of how the statement is constructed..

Fine. I have the flu and maybe it was a bit circuitous. Let me simplify it for you.

It's all about the money.

And your post that I was replying to...

in this case, it means exactly that...

if we are going to allow a handful of deluded morons from another country dictate to us what movies we can and can't watch, IN THIS COUNTRY, then we are UBER weak...

is a pitiful example of being led by the nose to believe that someone other than the money men can actually control us into becoming anything other than rabid, sniveling, outraged keyboard warriors.

edit on 12/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Fine. I have the flu and maybe it was a bit circuitous. Let me simplify it for you.

It's all about the money.

it's not even that it was circuitous....i would have understood it, had it actually been a complete thought.....it was more "semi-circular". it started off fine, but then stopped abruptly, without actually completing. that is to say, that it wasn't structured properly, so i didn't read in a way that was coherent, or intelligent. mostly, this applies to the first "paragraph"

the second paragraph, while, for the most part, structured correctly, unfortunately, didn't make sense either, as it just seemed to be like a finger pointing in multiple directions, without any real focus....

um...feel better soon...it's no fun arguing with you when you're sick...it's like beating on a cripple; it's not fun, OR challenging, and i feel bad afterward.

And your post that I was replying to...

is a pitiful example of being led by the nose to believe that someone other than the money men can actually control us into becoming anything other than rabid, sniveling, outraged keyboard warriors.

what in the hell are you talking about? led by the nose by whom? this whole statement doesn't make any sense....dude, are you like high-feverish?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Where exactly are you getting your projections that make you think Sony will be bankrupt by next year? Possibly Sony Films, but the whole company?

Ever hear of this little new invention called a Playstation 4?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree with you 100000%. It seems a lot of people on here these days expect people to believe their word just because they said it.

SMH.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
LOL Sony go bankrupt!!!!

As if.

evenue Increase ¥7.767 trillion (2014)[2]

Operating income Decrease ¥26.49 billion (2014)[2]

Total assets Decrease ¥15.333 trillion (2014)[2]

Total equity Decrease ¥2.258 trillion (2014)[2]

en.wikipedia.org...

With this kind of money ?

They should have NSA level security.
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

it was stated on fox news today that two state department people signed off on the film.
It is absurd to believe that the gov. does not control hollywood as far as the outer parameters of what they can show.
The example of the fcc i provided should be enough for any sane person to admit that when it comes to movies and tv there is no total freedom of speech. If that does not satisfy your need for proof of gov. influence then just use the ex. of the movie being scrubbed from premiring in theaters.

e xclusive-sony-emails-allege-u-s-govt-official-ok-d-controversial-ending-to-the-interview

edit on 18-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hahah I know, I was thinking the same thing! One bad release of a controversial film, and everybody jumps on the Bankruptcy Bandwagon.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

are you on drugs?

the release wasn't cancelled because the government decreed it...

it was cancelled because nobody's gonna show it, because they're afraid of the threats made by these dim-witted keyboard combatants..

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I don't get why mainstream is calling Sony an 'American' business.

Because it isn't.

It's Japanese multinational that has office's here.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RossWellOldMexico
I don't believe that Sony pulled the movie "The Interview" because of terror threats. They did so because they didn't want the movie to go up against Christmas blockbuster movies like "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies", "American Sniper"(directed by Clint Eastwood), "Selma"(biopic on Martin Luther King) and "Into The Woods"(children"s musical. a sure-fire money-maker for studios are kids animated features). A lot of better choices for the average movie-goer.

Sony knows that the movie "The Interview" would lose out on a lot of money competing for the Christmas movie rush. This is the studios way of re-releasing the movie at a later date for more comfortable ticket sales. As they say in the conspiracy world, "Follow the money trail".

Very plausible. Lots of competition featuring better choices than 'The Interview'. I won't be surprised if it's released at a later March-April timeframe.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: deadeyedick

are you on drugs?

the release wasn't cancelled because the government decreed it...

it was cancelled because nobody's gonna show it, because they're afraid of the threats made by these dim-witted keyboard combatants..

Yes whenever possible i am on drugs.
The reason it was cancelled is because the gov. has always told hollywood what they can show in their films because of the impact films can have on world relations. This film crossed lines that were previously drawn by the state department except for cartoons. Never before has the leader of a country been named and killed while still in power except for cartoons.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Team America just got banned/pulled.

As of a few minutes ago.

What a joke.
edit on 18-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Never before has the leader of a country been named and killed while still in power except for cartoons.

Oh really?

Death of a President.

Death of a President is a 2006 British high concept mockumentary political thriller film about the fictional assassination of George W. Bush, the 43rd U.S. President, on 19 October 2007 in Chicago, Illinois.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Yes whenever possible i am on drugs.

that explains a lot..

The reason it was cancelled is because the gov. has always told hollywood what they can show in their films because of the impact films can have on world relations.

Wrong. it was cancelled, because theater chains opted to not show it, because of specific threats made by North Korean terrorists. Sony Pictures, then decided to cancel the December 25th release, because there's no point in releasing a film that no one will run....so it'll probably end up getting released later on.

the federal government had absolutely NOTHING to do with the cancellation of the release.

This film crossed lines that were previously drawn by the state department except for cartoons.

You've still never provided any kind of proof for these mythical lines you claim were drawn by the state department. there are no lines...

Never before has the leader of a country been named and killed while still in power except for cartoons.

how many more times, and by how many more people, do you need to be told that this statement is COMPLETELY untrue?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

say what, now?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join