It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush to 'actively explore' 2016 presidential bid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Ehhh...what does it matter? The Bush and Clinton families have nothing to lose. They've already threw the country in the crapper. What more damage can they do?
edit on 16-12-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

Here is my prediction for the next presidency: Raised taxes, Double the national debt, re-deploy troops overseas, screw up healthcare some more, and ignore immigration. Oh and we need a real war not one of these made up terrorist wars.

I'm excited about CHANGE!

edit on 16-12-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And we know he has strong ties with the Latino/Hispanic community, important for 2016 demographics.

Yes, he does...Apart from his degree in Latam Affairs and working for Latam Banks and Investment firms..

In 1971 in León, Mexico, where he was teaching English as part of a foreign exchange program, Bush met Columba Garnica Gallo. They were married on February 23, 1974, in Austin, Texas.[72][73]

They have three children:

en.wikipedia.org...

He brings the Latin vote. That plus obvious deep ties and history with Mainstream GOP through his Dad and brother, likely make him a prominent strategic pick for the Mainstream GOP in 2016.

The question is, how will he survive a primary where the far right base will demand a ferociously hard-line stance on immigration?

The strategy will be that the GOP will hope that the fringes of their party will fall in line, like they did behind Romney.

The question will be...faced with a 2nd Clinton, will the far right support a 2nd Bush as the better alternative..

So it looks like we are about to be fed a BUSH vs. CLINTON election...

Anyone spotting any potential 3rd party candidates that could disrupt the paradigm? Another Ross Perot?

Bush can't carry enough Hispanic votes to overcome Hilary's base. He's wasting his time if Hilary wins the Dem nomination. I'd not be surprised he tests the waters and then decides to back out and let Romney lose again.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I called it it a long time ago, hillary vs jeb for 2016, cant wait to hear how hes going to save the usa, its going to be another golden age for comics.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I was expecting this to happen, the Bush legacy is not over, like a dynasty without roots of any monarchy they will keep ruling in government behind the scene, while once in while one of the offprints will take center stage.

This new Bush is not so new, he has plenty of political backing and experience.

Like the Bush before him he will keep the legacy of his predecessors alive.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Good thing I am not a Republican. And great thing I wouldn't/didn't vote for a Bush, Warren, Clinton or 0bama.

I agree!

We have had enough of dumb,and dumber.

My vote is none of the above.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
So early to tell anything yet...except for the fact that the Republican primary is going to be just as much of a circus as last time...and I will be watching and laughing at it the entire time.

I remember reading that after the last GOP primaries that the GOP was going to limit the number of debates and heavily moderate (control) the parameters of the smaller number of debates to avoid damaging candidates via in-fighting.

Let me Google a little..

the Republican National Committee, which moved in May to exert more control over the nominating process. The RNC's decision could be important, because according to the new rules, candidates that participate in non-sanctioned debates won't be allowed on stage at the official ones. The change was made to limit the number of acrimonious debates in which attacks on the party's eventual nominee will produce gaffes and fodder for Democrats in the general election.

www.theatlantic.com...

Washington Republicans have moved to exert more control over their presidential primary debates, limiting the types and number of events in which 2016 candidates can participate, in an effort to get a firmer grip on the nominating process.

The Republican National Committee voted overwhelming Friday in favor of the change at their spring meeting in Memphis.

The 152-to-7 decision essentially allows the group to decide which events will be “sanctioned debates” -- based on their “timing, frequency and format, the media outlet and the best interests of the Republican Party.”

And any candidate who participates in a non-sanctioned debate will not be eligible to participate in ensuing sanctioned ones.

www.foxnews.com...

Wow...The RNC has really cracked down on control of it's Nominees...

Maybe that is why Jeb Bush jumped in? he got the nod from the establishment RNC.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
According to Wiki Jeb Bush is the only Republican to serve two full four-year terms as Governor of Florida. That means he's got to be a damn good Republican. I would vote for Jeb. That would also offset the two votes for George that I didn't send in but should have.
edit on 16-12-2014 by Asynchrony because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The RNC is trying...but it won't help.

The debates weren't the worst part of the Republican circus, for the most part the candidates actually behaved at the debates.

What damages them are the candidates far right views...which come out in speeches, interviews, off the cuff remarks, and the biggest part...THEIR PAST.

The RNC can try all they want...if you have crazy candidates, their crazy past actions/words will come to the surface no matter how hard they try to hide what their candidates say.

This should also be a BIG red flag to all voters out there...the RNC doesn't want the candidates to talk much...that should tell them something.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Here you are complaining about the media...and Ben Carson is getting rich off of using the media to parade him around to a bunch of rabid right wingers.

Ben Carson has zero chance of winning a Presidential election and he knows it.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Unless he changes his last name, I doubt he'll have any chance in hell to gain enough votes to be a serious contender for the White House.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: kruphix
So early to tell anything yet...except for the fact that the Republican primary is going to be just as much of a circus as last time...and I will be watching and laughing at it the entire time.

I remember reading that after the last GOP primaries that the GOP was going to limit the number of debates and heavily moderate (control) the parameters of the smaller number of debates to avoid damaging candidates via in-fighting.

Let me Google a little..

the Republican National Committee, which moved in May to exert more control over the nominating process. The RNC's decision could be important, because according to the new rules, candidates that participate in non-sanctioned debates won't be allowed on stage at the official ones. The change was made to limit the number of acrimonious debates in which attacks on the party's eventual nominee will produce gaffes and fodder for Democrats in the general election.

www.theatlantic.com...

Washington Republicans have moved to exert more control over their presidential primary debates, limiting the types and number of events in which 2016 candidates can participate, in an effort to get a firmer grip on the nominating process.

The Republican National Committee voted overwhelming Friday in favor of the change at their spring meeting in Memphis.

The 152-to-7 decision essentially allows the group to decide which events will be “sanctioned debates” -- based on their “timing, frequency and format, the media outlet and the best interests of the Republican Party.”

And any candidate who participates in a non-sanctioned debate will not be eligible to participate in ensuing sanctioned ones.

www.foxnews.com...

Wow...The RNC has really cracked down on control of it's Nominees...

Maybe that is why Jeb Bush jumped in? he got the nod from the establishment RNC.

I see this as a good thing. I'm frankly sick of the 18 month-long circus with all the candidates flinging crap at each other, then the American people have to decide which pile of crap stinks less than the others.

After the primaries are over, the other piles of crap rally behind the chosen pile of crap like all the crap they were slinging never existed and suddenly that particular pile of crap is the best option for our country. They spend 6 months telling us how terrible the other pile of crap is for the country and expect us to forget it all and support the pile of crap against the other party's pile of crap.

It's all a bunch of crap.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton would make a fine president,
but so will Jeb Bush. My brother and I have
a bet on who will be the next POTUS and my
dollar is on Jeb.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dominicus

Anyone who votes for another Bush, is truly an idiot. It will be the same agendas going on behind the scenes as the other two idiots and more make shift wars in islamic countries guaranteed.

That's good news and I certainly hope the coming Neo-Con wars are more than "makeshift," but absolutely DEFINITIVE in every sense of the term so that ISIS/Taliban/AlQueda are wiped out - decimated. Savagery is called for here and the more truculent and bellicose the better. BTW - there's no such thing as 'collateral' damage when it comes to defining the enemy. Do you get my meaning? Nuclear weapons don't know from kids playin in the alley and Taliban scum.

Romney would have been a great president - Jeb Bush will have been an even greater one once elected, and elected he'll surely be.

edit on 16-12-2014 by BushMaster16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If Jeb Bush were to get the nomination, that will only mean one thing to me: I'm either voting 3rd party, or not at all, because the chances of the Democrats putting forward a candidate that I'd be willing to vote for, are pretty much nil.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Ehhh...what does it matter? The Bush and Clinton families have nothing to lose. They've already threw the country in the crapper. What more damage can they do?

Here is my prediction for the next presidency: Raised taxes, Double the national debt, re-deploy troops overseas, screw up healthcare some more, and ignore immigration. Oh and we need a real war not one of these made up terrorist wars.

Obama's peeples an hiz ministrashins: "They've already threw the country in the crapper." What more damage could a Jeb Bush administration possibly accomplish we ask? Jeb is a good Catholic - a family man with upstanding religious values, happily married too. He'll have the entire Hispanic/Latino vote wrapped. He's a principled man as well - in short, he's everything Obama is not. Most of all, Jeb is not a liar. Jeb doesn't frequent Chicago bathhouses either and he wouldn't be caught dead hangin out with with Commie radical scum like Saul Olinsky et al. Jeb is also NOT a morose loner and he would not be relying on a group of commie women always in the background secretly plotting against the American people. He's not a destroyer of American values and the founding documents - instead he's a builder - a political creator always looking to the common good of our nation.
edit on 16-12-2014 by BushMaster16 because: fixed errors

edit on 16-12-2014 by BushMaster16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BushMaster16

originally posted by: amicktd

Obama's peeples an hiz ministrashins: "They've already threw the country in the crapper." What more damage could a Jeb Bush administration possibly accomplish we ask? Jeb is a good Catholic - a family man with upstanding religious values, happily married too. He'll have the entire Hispanic/Latino vote wrapped. He's a principled man as well - in short, he's everything Obama is not. Most of all, Jeb is not a liar. Jeb doesn't frequent Chicago bathhouses either and he wouldn't be caught dead hangin out with with Commie radical scum like Saul Olinsky et al. Jeb is also NOT a morose loner and he would not be relying on a group of commie women always in the background secretly plotting against the American people. He's not a destroyer of American values and the founding documents - instead he's a builder - a political creator always looking to the common good of our nation.

Wait? What?

Obama has "ministrashins". Minstrashins? And then they threw the country in the crapper?

Let's see...nope...Obama and his ministrashins haven't thrown the country in the crapper...economy is improving...life is pretty good. Not saying Obama is a great president, just that he didn't ruin the country.

Okay....next. Bush is a good Catholic...unless you aren't a catholic, like me. That could be troubling? I guess a catholic is no worse than a Methodist then? And Jeb doesn't go to Chicago bathhouses? Does Obama? And please describe what happened and what a modern Chicago bathhouse is. I need to know! and who are the commie radical women he has around him? I need to know that too! and how you think they are plotting against us american people! and then please show me how Obama is a destroyer of American Values.. I need to know that too. Thanks!
edit on 16-12-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Hhmmmmm

A 3rd bush in the white house...

It makes one wonder =
Is the third time the charm or do bad things come in 3?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

For once i agree with you.

The matter of the entire world is somehow in the hands of the American people, or so they wish to think.
Without the wishthinking, the big fat American still needs to move his fat cadaver down to the voting booth, and make a difference, because so its said. But hey didn't. There was a sale on Walmart that day, and KFC had extra scoops for pennies, dealing extra wings with sauce man!
Those who made it, and voted, was afterwards rejected, just like in Florida in 2001. So f¤%k it!

And even if your fat lazy government-sponsered-a$$ eventually got you of the couch to vote, you'll be too late.

lol america - once a beacon of honor, now a beacon of stupidity... please change it! I believe in you!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Jed was a good governor and while in the last few years he has tried to appear more right, the reality is he very much in the Center and we all know that is where most of the American population is. So that would bold well for the general election but getting through the primaries while the GOP is still divided would require a hard right turn that I do not know if anybody would buy. I would like to think he is much more like his father and not his idiot brother.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know very little about Jeb Bush, but if he is anything remotely like his brother and father...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join