It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS outage this evening (12/12/2014)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
We're slowly returning, and there will be improvements.

For anyone who was keeping track, 12/12/2014 experienced several rather significant attacks from China-based servers into the US. IP Viking looked like nothing I've ever seen before -- as if WWIII began on the Internet. It's hard to tell if we were a target, but we most certainly were hit by significant cross-fire.

It's been a long and expensive night. More as I know it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Glad to see you are up and running again. Thanks for a great sitea reply to: SkepticOverlord

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

We're now coming back up. More updates later.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I was wondering what had happened. Had the site disappear last night and couldn't get back on this morning. I thought I would check out some other sites since I couldn't get on here. Now I know why I'm on this site. The few I looked at were nightmares. Lots of name calling and swearing. Yikes, I truly appreciate our mods and the T&C's now.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I had been wondering all night what was up with ATS, the truth is worse than I had thought though

However I'm glad to finally be able to access the site once again, thanks for working hard to bring it back online

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Welcome back i noticed it this morning as i wanted to see my fav site, i thought you were hacked by that idiotic group.
You know Anon.

Maybe the elites are fearing the truth thats coming out?
edit on 13-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
All night, that's bad, wonder if other sites were hit like here

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

This wasn't a hack, but a rather intense DDoS attack -- flooding our server with so much traffic, it forced our hosting provider to "null-route" our hosting IP.

Through the night, I worked with two different firms to establish a permanent mitigation service. It's rather expensive, and a significant financial hit for us.

No… I won't say with whom, or how it works.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

ATS didn't have a hand in the making of "The Interview", so we must have finally went too far and pissed off the "dear leader"
Kim Jong Un in some other way. Not too shabby ATS we now have new Chinese and North Korean "remote Mods". Don't worry, now when the T & C's are broken on the site our east asian overlords can step in and save the day by shutting it down.
Technology wars, gotta love it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Chinese have to love the page.
What else?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Glad to see we're back up and running again. I've been keeping an eye on updates via facebook. Can't wait to hear more about what happened. Hang in there guys.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
At some point, why doesn't the world just say to heck with China and stop routing their packets.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Glad you're back up. Sadly, last night I had to go to GLP or decide to get a life.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
so the chinese are now internet hackers, last week was korean email hacking wasnt it?
so much for security

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I know a few people who defintely do drop all traffic from China to their networks, just yesterday I had to turn up fail2ban on a server of mine because someone from China was attempting to brute force the SSH server running on it. Given their population sizes there are LOTS of unsecured devices that end up compromised and added to botnets which then get rented out to do the bidding of whomever has the money to pay for it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
so the chinese are now internet hackers, last week was korean email hacking wasnt it?
so much for security

It still could be Korean in origin. They don't have the infrastructure sufficient for this type of stuff, and typically go through China.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks SO and everyone at ATS HQ, for working hard to get things done! You guys are just great!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You guys must be exhausted, not to mention poorer. So sorry this has happened to our beloved site.

Is there anything that can be done about this sort of attack? Can any of the alphabet agencies pursue this as a crime? Is there any hope for retribution?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
At some point, why doesn't the world just say to heck with China and stop routing their packets.

because they make wealthy people, wealthier.....just as our own government has been doing for decades

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Would you say it was worse than the one a couple of years back, the last time all the CT forums came under attack? This was the longest I remember ATS being offline.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join