It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS outage this evening (12/12/2014)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
really glad you guys are back. i didnt know how long it was going to take. your hard work is appreciated.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist
Is there anything that can be done about this sort of attack? Can any of the alphabet agencies pursue this as a crime? Is there any hope for retribution?

Typically, DDoS attacks aren't investigated unless there is sustained interruption of critical services. An attack on dozens of mid/low level sites receive little attention.

However, that being said, my contact within InfraGuard indicated the sudden flood of attack traffic from China to the US last night and this morning caught their attention. Some level of scrutiny is happening… no updates though.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Wondered what was going on? Thought it was me.... had to check "isitdown.com" etc.

Glad you're sorted for now, hope it all gets resolved.

Go Bill!!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Glad you are up and running again! I too couldn't get in, in the early hours. But I am surrounded by local hackers, so I wasn't sure what was going on.

And Yes, the Lizard Squad were busy little reptiles last night:

www.chinatopix.com...
LIZARD SQUAD STRIKES "EA" WITH DDoS ATTACK; PLANS TO SHUT DOWN XBOX LIVE "FOREVER" ON CHRISTMAS

www.arbornetworks.com...
DIGITAL "ATTACK" MAP
edit on 13-12-2014 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sounds like it was a much more serious and broad attack when compared to other recent DDoS actions coming out of Asia...interesting.

Anyway, i extend my thanks and congratulations out to the site administrators for dealing with the problem and getting the site back up! Great job!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamschist

You guys must be exhausted, not to mention poorer. So sorry this has happened to our beloved site.

Is there anything that can be done about this sort of attack? Can any of the alphabet agencies pursue this as a crime? Is there any hope for retribution?

the new budget includes only an increase in cybersecurity for homeland and the military.....they seem not to care about social media...maybe too much information resulting in to much criticism....maybe (here's the conspiracy) because this new budget screws over a hell of a lot of people, and they do not want it discussed.
here's the info on this budget...www.informationweek.com...
edit on 13-12-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Great to see ATS up and running again

Bookmarking isitdown.com as after asking "why is ats down?" google came up with this site. Be watching to see if there is any more news...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Its not the responsibility of the Feds to protect private businesses from attacks like this, that falls squarely on the business. The only time they will get involved is if you can prove there was a loss of money but I doubt they will lift a finger for a private site that only makes money though advertising revenue as opposed to selling goods/services.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Pushed

Shoved

Fell and farted

couldn't log on earlier.

Went through all the phases of loss

Denial

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Conspiracy

Acceptance
edit on 13-12-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Helig

InfraGuard is a volunteer group, made up of mostly private industry IT professionals, with oversight and involvement from Homeland security. It was formed soon after 9/11 to report on, and potentially take action against, foreign attacks on private IT infrastructures.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I hope something will be done. No one likes to talk about money, but an attack like this is no different from coming in with a gun and robbing you. Revenue was lost, it is a crime. Not to mention the time involved in fixing this mess.

Thanks to all who have worked to get us back.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Thanks for all your hard work, SO. I'm glad ATS is back up. Let us know if it gets too expensive, maybe some of us can kick in a bit,

STM
edit on 13-12-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seentoomuch
Thanks for all your hard work, SO. I'm glad ATS is back up. Let us know if it gets too expensive, maybe some of us can kick in a bit,

STM

Was just thinking that... maybe a gofundme or something.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yay!!! Glad you got tge site back up and running! It was pretty wild watching the ddos attacks live, the map was lighting up like a christmas tree!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well done to the staff for getting things back and running. Was at a bit of a loss to know what to do without ats, so got the Xmas shopping done, which I probably would of put off if the site was still up.
Sorry to hear about any financial loss.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So glad ATS back up and running.

Thanks to all who helped get her back up and running.

Did anyone see that video of the lady in the airport? Titled "What happens when ATS goes Down."

I laughed my butt off. Who ever posted it, it was great!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
maybe a gofundme or something.

That might be in the cards.

One of the bits of advice we received last night was to migrate our infrastructure to reliable off-shore (non-US) cloud-based hosting. The nature of last nights attack seemed as though we were caught up in a range of US IP's that were being attacked.

We currently don't have resources for that kind of large-scale move.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Yay!!! Glad you got tge site back up and running! It was pretty wild watching the ddos attacks live, the map was lighting up like a christmas tree!

ok, i'll show my ignorance of that....where is this "map" you talk about?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

I made that years ago.

video.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Glad to see ATS back up..

I went through Slayers list of complications also it was traumatic .

Also to note: the company I work for has been hit hard with Viruses
and tainted zip files in emails..Corporate has been busy..
edit on 13-12-2014 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join