It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad rap: U.S. tried to stir unrest in Cuba by infiltrating its hip hop scene

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

It really is beautiful there, however, even going through Canada wouldn't enable me to return. Have a safe trip and kiss those pretty dark eyed girls for me.
I think my wife might have an opinion on that...thanks for the thought, though.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
a reply to: abe froman

Have you been to Cuba or know anyone who lives there, l do, and what you stated is not the reality most Cubans believe.

I was born in Cuba, and raised part of my life there and to this day I have family in Cuba including 2 biological sisters. I can concur that Cuba is a communist, oppressive hell hole despite claims from some that it isn't...

BTW, in case you didn't know the Cuban government has been successfully recruiting people in the U.S., including in the U.S. academia and U.S. government as well as in other nations to spy for Cuba.

Issue 145
July 12, 2011

Vanessa Lopez*

Cuban Espionage Targets
the U.S. Government

For the past decades, Castro agents have systematically infiltrated the U.S. government. Other U.S. institutions such as the press, universities, and think tanks have also been espionage targets of the Cuban government. But for Cuba, the most fruitful results have been obtained from infiltrating the U.S. Departments of Defense and State, and partnering with a former official of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency.

Cuban espionage against the United States is driven by many factors, primarily: 1) for Cuba to know the intentions of the U.S. government and the exile community regarding Cuba; 2) for Cuba to influence U.S. government policies towards Cuba; 3) for Cuba to give or sell intelligence to other governments; 4) for Cuba to further its ideological advocacy, swaying global public opinion in its favor; and 5) for Cuba to obtain scientific, technical, and business intelligence.

ctp.iccas.miami.edu...

U.S. Charges Couple With Spying for Cuba

By ERIC LICHTBLAU

Published: June 5, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department charged Friday that a former State Department analyst and his wife worked as spies for Cuba for nearly 30 years, using a short-wave radio to pass on secret diplomatic information to their Cuban handlers.
Officials said the couple, Walter K. Myers, 72, and Gwendolyn S. Myers, 71, received little in the way of compensation from the Cubans except for the short-wave radio and some travel expenses. Rather, the officials said, the couple appears to have been driven by their strong affinity for Cuba and their bitterness toward “American imperialism.”

“We think they did it because they love Cuba,” said a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss the case.

The Myerses, who live in Washington, were arrested on Thursday and charged in a grand jury indictment unsealed Friday with serving as illegal agents of the Cuban government and wire fraud. A defense lawyer declined to comment on the charges.

www.nytimes.com...

The above is just one example of many others.

As for the op, the information seems to come from Cuba itself so this could be reverse propaganda from the communist regime.

Anyone who goes to Cuba and does anything that is viewed as "activities against the oppressive communist regime" is labeled as "an American government attempt to destroy the communist regime"...

Heck, when Helena Houdova was arrested in Cuba for taking photographs of children in the slums of Cuba and was accused of being a spy with her friend.

The arrest of two Czech women puts further strain on Czech-Cuban relations
02-02-2006 14:40 | Daniela Lazarová

The two Czech women were detained by police as they were taking photographs of a poverty ridden district in Havana. "There was a lot of shouting as we were dragged off - and one of the officers shouted that we were terrorists", Helena Houdova said later. She and her psychologist friend Mariana Kroftova made the trip to Havana to ascertain how children on the island could benefit from their charity work. Mariana Kroftova says she thought the eleven hours they spent in detention would never end:

www.radio.cz...

The Cuban oppressive regime will make up any claim to try to say "the U.S. government/the American imperialists are trying to destroy us"...

edit on 13-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Wish you'd been in this thread earlier!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Any response to the post by electricuniverse?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
BTW, in case some of you didn't know, yes there are many Cuban artists, including hip-hop and rappers, who sing against the communist regime. The communist regime also has hired Cuban artists to make propaganda in favor of the regime as well.

There recently was a group of Cuban artists who were brought to the U.S. to do a show, all the money went to the Cuban government, and those people were taken back to Cuba. I think that was in response to another Cuban group of artists who recently asked political asylum in the U.S. As well as this being a response for the increase fame of artists in Cuba who have been singing against the oppressive regime.

Cuban dancers seek political asylum in Fla.

Cuban 'defector' actors reappear in Miami, seek asylum

BTW, it could also be that such a program did, or does exist but the Cubans involved could not have known the U.S. government was involved.

In case some of you didn't know, there are a lot of dissidents in Cuba who constantly protest against the Cuban regime. Many of them pay with their lives, others with constant beatings from Cuban government thugs, such as "Las damas de blanco" (The ladies in white).

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

You really have no idea of what you are talking about. Yes, Cuba is really bad. It is harder now to find food than ever before, even in the black market.

Did the U.S. government ever tried to assassinate castro? of course, and castro has also tried to assassinate and in some cases succeeded before being the leader of Cuba, and have also influenced people and the government of the U.S. and other nations such as Angola... After he took power, many other Cubans were also assassinated under the command of castro, and by the hand of many of his assassins, including Che Guevara.

Anyway, I wonder from where you get this claim that "Cuba is not that bad"...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Any response to the post by electricuniverse?

JohnnyCanuck, alongside some other members, is a lost case when it comes to topics as what has been really happening in Cuba. He has been in similar discussions in the past, even with 2 other members who were also born in Cuba and experienced it as Cubans. Yet Canuck wants to claim that he knows better.

No matter what you show him, or tell him he believes he knows better even though he wasn't born in Cuba and never grew up or experienced Cuba as a Cuban...

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
If you can compare Cuba with North Korea with a straight face, then you really don't know what you're talking about. That's simple hyperbole.

If you, someone who has never experienced Cuba as a Cuban can with a straight face claim that you can't compare Cuba to North Korea you are fooling no one but yourself, and shows who doesn't know what he is talking about...
edit on 13-12-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: correct post.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

And I am to believe someone who I perceive as a troll when they claim to be from a country that "Team 'Merikha!" wishes to demonize.

Cuba is not that bad, ask anyone who has been there recently, go to Key West and talk to some Canadian sailors,they'll tell you Cuba is a beautiful country and a legitimize tourist destination for non-Americans.

When and how did you leave Cuba?
edit on 13-12-2014 by jrod because: ad

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Riiight, because I have a different opinion than you and have shown you to be wrong in the past I must be a troll... Whatever. If you knew Spanish at all you could find hundreds of videos from Cubans telling the real side of Cuba. but of course, people like you will dismiss them.

Heck, I gave examples including what happened to Helena Houdova for taking pictures of Cuban children in the slums and she was jailed with her friend while being labeled a terrorist by the Cuban regime, and no doubt an "American spy".

What I know about Cuba is from experience and from my family members who we have to help whenever we can so they can buy food.

I don't really care at all whether people like you believe me, those members who are actually interested in the truth can judge for themselves as to who is telling the truth.

In Cuba no human right group is allowed in. A few years back in another thread dealing with this topic a member of ATS who was part of a human rights group stated how they would not be allowed into the island.

Only certain people who are willing to propagandize castro's agenda are allowed to film there under the constant supervision of the Cuban dictatorship.

The following is just about the economy in Cuba, and what the Cuban people have to live on, IF they can find that food, which isn't always available.

Watch it to the end to see that those women spent more than what the average person in Cuba earns.

Then there is the political side of Cuba.

You can dismiss what real Cuban people have to say about the situation there, but all you are doing is ignoring the real plight of a people you don't really know anything about.

As for the economic embargo in Cuba?... Cuba had been doing business with Canada, and European countries among others, yet it has NEVER helped the Cuban people.

Like always there will be some Cubans that will say differently, most of them are more priviledged because they do work for the communist system which would be why they will try to say the contrary to what most Cubans actually will tell you.

Here is another video about "Las Damas de Blanco" (The White Ladies) and the reality of why these women are beaten, and incarcerated for daring to speak the truth about Cuba, a truth which people like you in your ignorance want to dismiss and claim is a lie...

Here is a video of Yoani Sanchez, a Cuban blogger who has been speaking and written about the conditions of Cuba and the treatment she has received among many other Cubans who would dare speak against the oppressive communist regime.

BTW, to learn how she was able to blog you should watch and LISTEN to her. Most Cubans can't directly get access to the internet like people in other countries can, and their mail is heavily censored very costly and limited.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Mandroid7

Well,Cuba is a messed up ,oppressive,communist hell hole, and we need to free it's people and bring them democracy so that we can once again build resorts there and enjoy it's lovely women and beaches.

On a side note, if I wanted to punish Cuba through rap music i would deport Kanye there.

It wont be an hellhole if it wasnt for the embgro.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

At least in Cuba they have a better health care system and better doctors then the ones in west whom always lie in your face.

You comparison Cuba with North Korea is comical. It shows you then you haven't being to Cuba.

Here is why I can compare N.Korea and Cuba with a straight face, violent government extermination of anyone who speaks against the regime or it's policies.

The Real Cuba? you might as well link me up with an NGO website while your at it. I am surprised at people in here on ATS defending proxy protest programs.
edit on 13-12-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Lifting the embargo will stop the murders? Will enable free speech? etc...

Where did you get your degree in economics?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

It's not as easy for Americans as it is for Canadians.

Thats why Americans whom cant travel to Cuba follow idiotic sites that claim to show extinctions allegedly from Cuba or claim to be the Real Cuba. Tell me do you prefer Cuba to be what Libya or Iraq are now?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ah yes Free Speech as long as you agree with the West/America.

Thats the true definition of Free Speech.

I am not surprised your supporting and defending such NGO protest CIA programs no doubt you also suupport the Syrian Rebels fighting for the Saudi Free Of Speech Right?

Where did you get your degree in economics?

Personally i doubt that you even have an degree in economics to start with. Its not like the first time i have seen people defend protest program, judging from your first post on the first page it almost sounds as if you could be part of it, its no wonder why your defending it as such.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

1.As for the murders.

Thats comical, when will you Americans stop the murders in Your Country eh? probably never. Not to mention the facts how some americans are even giving children guns as birthday gifts to kill each other

Its again comical to see you complain about the Murders in Cuba, the Murders in Cuba wont stop even if a new government is put into power.

No doubt your proud of what America did in Libya leaving it in Chaos.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Oh look are you that user that defended the Libyan rebels by any chance?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

If Cuba was North Korea Canadians and Europeans wouldn't be able to travel are you aware of that? i doubt that your Cuban i have seen people on the net claim so many times the following.

I am Syrian, I am Libyan, Ukrankian.

Its clear what your doing is your defending this protest rap program since now its being exposed wide open. You exposed yourself when you claimed and compared that Cuba is like NK, if thats true they wouldn't allow Canadians or others to travel towards into Cuba.

Don't bother posting sites like Real Cuba.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Go on i will be waiting for an actual reply, surely since you seem to be an all great knowing expert on the Cuban/Latin matters.

This is almost comical after the news of this has being posted already there are some users defending this protest program may i ask why are you even trying to defend it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join