It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad rap: U.S. tried to stir unrest in Cuba by infiltrating its hip hop scene

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
source

The title pretty much says it all.

What is it with the people in charge?
Our insane gov is up to business as usual.

This time getting caught trying to infiltrate youth in Cuba with the intention of causing civil unrest.

Kinda smells like the recent attempts here.

I don't really have an opinion other than disgust.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Good idea. A revolution in Cuba would be karmic retribution. And that's coming from someone who hates hip hop.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well,Cuba is a messed up ,oppressive,communist hell hole, and we need to free it's people and bring them democracy so that we can once again build resorts there and enjoy it's lovely women and beaches.

On a side note, if I wanted to punish Cuba through rap music i would deport Kanye there.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I read this article earlier this morning. This issue aside, l think it lends credence to the culture building attempts here in the US. If music is this powerful, that it can create a whole culture, be it good or bad, then for what purpose does it pose?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Have you been to Cuba or know anyone who lives there, l do, and what you stated is not the reality most Cubans believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

lol..flank em with Kanye and Chris Brown.
..probably an act of war.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

Well, in this country, rap music led to the thug culture in certain communities and bolstered the drug scene, which became a huge cash cow for the CIA and DEA and paved the way for militarization of the police force in both equipment and tactics.

YES!!! MUSIC CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Actually, yes, I have been to Cuba.

Re-read my post and then check to see if your sarcasm button is turned off, sometimes it shuts itself off when you restart windows 8.

"so we can once again build resorts there and enjoy it's women and beaches"

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Have you been to Cuba or know anyone who lives there, l do, and what you stated is not the reality most Cubans believe.

Which part? Not sure I follow. I understand their gov sucks, I don't agree with the attempted civil unrest part.
It seems to be happening here as well.

I'm pretty much just pointing out more scandalous tactics.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: addition

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think you have that backwards. It began with the war on drugs, which in turn perpetuated into what you stated. A psyops perhaps.

Freeway Rick Ross, the guy who allegedly helped the US government funnel drugs back in the early 80's into L.A., recently wrote an interesting book about this very topic.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal

Also when the government controls all of the books,radio,TV, and schools and less than 2% of the population has access to the internet (and you need government approval to log on) you'll start to believe whatever you're told.
Same thing happens in N.Korea.

The people are impoverished. Took a girl to dinner and she wrapped her steak in napkins and stuck it in her purse to take home and share with her family. That ever happen to you in America?

Also, it's against the law in Cuba to speak out against Castro or the government and if you get caught,guess what?
You can't hire a lawyer without government permission!

edit on 11-12-2014 by abe froman because: CUBA LIBRE

edit on 11-12-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I think many "scenes" are exploited by TPTB to create division, discord and to help justify their oppression. As stated above the rap scene helped fuel drugs and violent turf skirmishes. Of course humans are artistic and create but I do believe a lot of them are "infiltrated" by outside elements to destroy the scene's credibility and use it to drive a wedge between people.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Cuba is not that bad, things have changed and it was never as repressive as you claim.

The US/CIA actually failed to assassinate Castro countless times. Many scholars will make a good argument that Cuba's shortcomings were largely because of the US blockade. It was a Communist experiment that did not thrive, even Fidel admits this. Fidel Castro will be remembered as one of the great leaders of the 20th Century.

It is unfortunate so called leaders of the US refuse to lift the blockade. Cuba deserves better.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I remember reading they had researched various ways to assassinate Castro in the 60s. One method involved exploding seashells if I recall correctly.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

Well, in this country, rap music led to the thug culture in certain communities and bolstered the drug scene, which became a huge cash cow for the CIA and DEA and paved the way for militarization of the police force in both equipment and tactics.

YES!!! MUSIC CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!!

I guess you can say the same thing about frank Sinatra and music of that genre to.....?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

don't forget that jazz music those hedonistic city-dwellers were listening too in the 20's...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Good idea. A revolution in Cuba would be karmic retribution. And that's coming from someone who hates hip hop.

Karmic redtribution for what?

I dont get why the USA cant just leave cuba alone.

It not exactly a threat.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

Cuba is not that bad, things have changed and it was never as repressive as you claim.
Email from Cuba Transition Project

Cubans can not:

• Travel abroad without government permission.

• Change jobs without government permission.

• Change residence without government permission.

• Access the Internet without government permission (the Internet is closely monitored and controlled by the government. Only 1.67% of the population has access to the Internet).

• Send their children to a private or religious school (all schools are government run, there are no religious schools in Cuba).

• Watch independent or private radio or TV stations (all TV and radio stations are owned and run by the government). Cubans illegally watch/listen to foreign broadcasts.

• Read books, magazines or newspapers, unless approved/published by the government (all books, magazines and newspapers are published by the government).

• Receive publications from abroad or from visitors (punishable by jail terms under Law 88).

• Visit or stay in tourist hotels, restaurants, and resorts (these are off-limits to Cubans).

• Seek employment with foreign companies on the island, unless approved by the government.

• Run for public office unless approved by Cuba’s Communist Party.

• Own businesses, unless they are very small and approved by the government and pay onerous taxes.

• Join an independent labor union (there is only one, government controlled labor union and no individual or collective bargaining is allowed; neither are strikes or protests).

• Retain a lawyer, unless approved by the government.

• Choose a physician or hospital. Both are assigned by the government.

• Refuse to participate in mass rallies and demonstrations organized by the Cuban Communist Party.

• Criticize the Castro regime or the Cuban Communist Party, the only party allowed in Cuba.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
And yet China and Saudi Arabia get free passes. I guess that's because they didn't piss of the Mob, too.
Oh, by the way, Cubans are allowed to stay in the resorts AND use all the beaches. Your info is out-dated. A bunch.
edit on 12-12-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Bad rap: U.S. tried to stir unrest in Cuba by infiltrating its hip hop scene

We all know the US gooberment infiltrates every contry. The part that got me was Cuba hip hop scene

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join