It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad rap: U.S. tried to stir unrest in Cuba by infiltrating its hip hop scene

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Not outdated a bunch, I know Raul Castro eased restrictions on white card travel and lifted the ban on Cubans going into tourist areas around 2008-2009, that's how I could take a local with me.

That totally makes up for being thrown in prison or murdered for refusing to participate in Communist rallies or speaking out against the Government.
Now tell me how great they have it in N.Korea.

Who said China or Saudi get a free pass? WTF are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
If you can compare Cuba with North Korea with a straight face, then you really don't know what you're talking about. That's simple hyperbole.

I haven't noticed an embargo on either of them. Did I miss something?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

You state that I "really don't know what you're talking about".
I have been to Cuba and witnessed the poverty first hand my friend.

While it is true some things are better under Raul, to say things in Cuba were "never really that bad" is a statement of complete ignorance.

Unless you're a fan of Castro's firing squads and rampant executions.

Here is why I can compare N.Korea and Cuba with a straight face, violent government extermination of anyone who speaks against the regime or it's policies.

WARNING: the following link shows photographs of murder, executions, and dead bodies. You may even get to see Raul and Fidel personally murdering people!!! The Real Cuba

edit on 12-12-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

While it is true some things are better under Raul, to say things in Cuba were "never really that bad" is a statement of complete ignorance.

Here is why I can compare N.Korea and Cuba with a straight face, violent government extermination of anyone who speaks against the regime or it's policies.

WARNING: the following link shows photographs of murder, executions, and dead bodies. You may even get to see Raul and Fidel personally murdering people!!! The Real Cuba

The irony is that you can find a lot of abject poverty in the US, so that's a pretty bad yardstick. Rights and freedoms? Sure, they have a long ways to go...but there is progress. The economy is opening up, and as far as resorts go, Cubans are permitted to book their own vacations there...not just 'accompany' gringos.In many ways, they have more opportunity than neighbouring 3'rd world countries. Forced to go to government schools? Mercy! That doesn't include the fact that they get free educations as far as they can go...even up to PhD. Universal health care. Much depends on who you talk to, and if you want to paint a nasty picture, it's quite possible. Same as here. Same as the US.

And I have been to America, and witnessed the poverty, my friend.
edit on 12-12-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I didn't say she was able to come because she was accompanying me,but thanks for twisting my words, I was trying to point out that a few years earlier she wouldn't have been allowed at all.
You say they have more opportunity than many 3rd world nations. So? (strawman)
You dismiss being FORCED to go to government schools because you can go as long as you'd like.

One thing Cuba does have is a pretty outstanding free healthcare system, but so do a lot of prisons.

I'm glad that you have been to America, I never accused you of not knowing what you're talking about concerning America.
However I must assume you have not been to Cuba since you sidestepped the question. I encourage you to go there and experience all the freedoms a communist dictatorship has to offer.

COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP.

Seriously, I'm done, if you really are arguing on the "for" side of COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIPS and not just playing devil's advocate, I sincerely hope you contact some of the refugee support groups and get some insight on why so many risk their lives and the lives of their children to flee the country.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I didn't say she was able to come because she was accompanying me,but thanks for twisting my words, I was trying to point out that a few years earlier she wouldn't have been allowed at all.
You say they have more opportunity than many 3rd world nations. So? (strawman)
You dismiss being FORCED to go to government schools because you can go as long as you'd like.

One thing Cuba does have is a pretty outstanding free healthcare system, but so do a lot of prisons.

I'm glad that you have been to America, I never accused you of not knowing what you're talking about concerning America.
However I must assume you have not been to Cuba since you sidestepped the question. I encourage you to go there and experience all the freedoms a communist dictatorship has to offer.

COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIP.

Seriously, I'm done, if you really are arguing on the "for" side of COMMUNIST DICTATORSHIPS and not just playing devil's advocate, I sincerely hope you contact some of the refugee support groups and get some insight on why so many risk their lives and the lives of their children to flee the country.
Hmmm...Communist dictatorship? Sidestepping? You never did answer my remark about America's BFF China.

And in a couple of months I'll be returning to Cuba for the 6th time. PM me if you want to meet me in Havana...I'll buy you a Cuba Libre.

Um...if you're allowed, that is.
edit on 12-12-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

The program is laid out in documents involving Creative Associates International, a Washington, D.C., contractor paid millions of dollars to undermine Cuba's communist government. The thousands of pages include contracts, emails, preserved chats, budgets, expense reports, power points, photographs and passports.

Damn...I want some of that sweet n easy CIA cash..
All I have to do is sing at a Cuban bash?
Now pay-up secret agent man!
Cuz I need to work on my Cuban tan!

What do you think?...Maybe I can pitch it to the Central "intelligence" Agency and get paid?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Comparisons aside...History has thoroughly demonstrated that the best way to effect democracy is engagement...not bombs and Embargo's. Embargo's are only necessary to outright security threats...and Cuba is pretty harmless.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Comparisons aside...History has thoroughly demonstrated that the best way to effect democracy is engagement...not bombs and Embargo's. Embargo's are only necessary to outright security threats...and Cuba is pretty harmless.

True...and more to the point, I'm not surprised that Cuba has a rap scene (though I'd rather listen to salsa). Neither am I surprised that the US has tried to co-opt it. America has a surprising hypocrisy when it comes to Cuba:

The coddled “terrorists” of South Florida
Anti-Castro Cuban exiles who have been linked to bombings and assassinations are living free in Miami. Does the U.S. government have a double standard when it comes to terror?
Salon

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18760720]JohnnyCanuck

America has a surprising hypocrisy when it comes to Cuba:

hypocrisy in policy is far from surprising. ..What we have is a LONG history with Cuba, peppered with some outright comedies in CIA plots and this can be added to the list
edit on 12-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No cuba is not sun shine and raibows

But zi dont see how Cuba is any of the USA buisness......

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Not outdated a bunch, I know Raul Castro eased restrictions on white card travel and lifted the ban on Cubans going into tourist areas around 2008-2009, that's how I could take a local with me.

That totally makes up for being thrown in prison or murdered for refusing to participate in Communist rallies or speaking out against the Government.

They do get a free pass as rather than getting slamed eith crippling embargos they get to trade freely and in saudi case get US military contributions and tec to play with.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

They do get a free pass as rather than getting slamed eith crippling embargos they get to trade freely and in saudi case get US military contributions and tec to play with.
Thank you. And here I thought maybe I was being obtuse!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Warning Graphic Images of Che Guevera

Che was assassinated by the US. The Death of Che

Lets not forget that the US was allies with South Africa during the apartheid.
edit on 12-12-2014 by jrod because: fixed link

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

USA USA USA!!!

Thank God we can take credit for ending the life of that lying, murderous, scumbag.

My favorite Checapade was when he recruited fighters by telling them they were fighting against the revolution and when they found out too late that they had been deceived they were threatened with murder if they refused fight.

The guy had such a desire for pillage and murder that after the revolution he left Cuba to find more blood and violence to bathe in.

As to Johnny Canuck, you are correct in that i am no longer able to travel to (or in) Cuba. It's not as easy for Americans as it is for Canadians.

How do you go about getting your hands on the non-convertible Cuban Pesos?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

As to Johnny Canuck, you are correct in that i am no longer able to travel to (or in) Cuba. It's not as easy for Americans as it is for Canadians.

How do you go about getting your hands on the non-convertible Cuban Pesos?
Any Cuban is happy to trade, and will give you a better rate than the government. But why bother? They prefer CUCs, and the two are in the process of being rationalised anyway. I still have my stash, though. And if you want to visit, just go through a Canadian airport. They don't stamp your passport, merely issue a visa card. It appears to be a common practice. The offer of a drink in Havana stands.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Cheering the death of a revolutionary leader is telling of your character.

Some of are disgusted by those who cheer the death of others and Che was and still is a hero to many.
edit on 12-12-2014 by jrod because:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The fact that you admire a lying murder is telling of yours.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It really is beautiful there, however, even going through Canada wouldn't enable me to return. Have a safe trip and kiss those pretty dark eyed girls for me.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

The fact that you admire a lying murder is telling of yours.

Revolutions are harsh:

George Washington’s orders to American Generals Sullivan & Clinton: “The expedition you are appointed to command is to be directed against the hostile tribes of the Six Nations of Indians, with their associates and adherents. The immediate objects are the total destruction and devastation of their settlements, and the capture of as many prisoners of every age and sex as possible. It will be essential to ruin their crops now in the ground & prevent their planting more."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join