It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Detox Your Body. It’s A Myth.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For your information
Paper on study conducted in Russia on foundry workers.

livingsource.co.nz...

Of late, a three-year heavy metal detoxification study
was concluded in a Russian metal foundry. The work was
commissioned by a large multi-national company who
were interested in undertaking a health impact study to
determine the degree of heavy metal toxicity in a representative
sample of their work force.

It goes on to say

Statistical analyses of all trials have shown that there was
one compound that consisted of three natural substances
that was successful in chelating all the metals tested using
a double blind, placebo controlled pre-post provocation
trial. Both urine and faeces samples were used for the
metal testing, determined by using both Inductively
Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS) and
Atomic Fluorescence Spectroscopy 5
. Both internal and
external laboratories were used for the testing both in
Russia as well as the USA.

and again

Trial of a Number of Natural Substances
During the trials there were a number of natural
substances that were found to chelate certain metals, but
not others. There were also dose-dependent relationships
with some of these substances. However, there was only
one compound tested in double blind, placebo controlled
trials that was effective in mobilizing and excreting metals
in the urine and faeces for all the metals tested. This
proprietary formulation has been filed at the United Kingdom
Patent Office and an international patent is pending.
The compound is called HMD (Heavy Metal Detox) and
consists of a homeopathic homaccord of cell decimated
Chlorella, Coriandrum sativum leaf tincture (Cilantro)
and Chlorella Growth Factor.

The study describes the "actives" and the placebo used.
As far as I can tell the extract of cilantro and chlorella came up trumps.

So you _can_ detox your body of heavy metals this thread is dis info imo.
/deny ignorance
Now watch the naysayers start moving goalposts *thumbs down*

heavymetaldetox.net...

16:00 on wards He describes the study .

Limbo
edit on 8-1-2015 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Limbo

It is so sad that people will fall for Homeopathy.

After reading the long article I couldn't find one single reference that could even partially verify his claims in the article.

No studies, laboratories, labs, or doctors. There are lots of references to studies and articles that were unaffiliated to the claimed study by Dr Georgiou maybe that is why he claims this was done at a foundry "somewhere" in Russia. Again that goes unnamed.

There is a link to this website www.worldwidehealthcenter.net... which he says sells the remedy but it seems they do not and their is this website www.luminanti.com... the article is linked to that will sell you a tuning fork to cure whatever may ail you.

This article is not even remotely referring to the detox regimens the OP is referring to. That article is about homeopathy which is water diluted a hundred or so times over that claims water has memory. Here is a video that will explain what he is pushing.

Dr Georgiou claims in your article that 30-50 or 60 drops taken 3 times daily will detox heavy metals.

I am guessing you didn't actually read the article or you misunderstood what it was referring to because homeopathy is impossible.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I thought it was about homeopathy also which initially made me dubious,
but if you watch the video it actually tells you the substances used in the study and how they were extracted.

As for your other comment do you really think he made all this up, published this in a journal too?
Combined with other evidence posted in this thread about cilantro chelation etc.
So it was all an elaborate hoax because that is what you are saying to me?

See
www.ibcmt.com...
If you conclude the homeopathic component was BS there's still the other

The Homeopathic Chlorella, CGF and Cilantro
compound that is now known as HMD showed
the most promise as it eliminated ALL the metals
tested, both through the urinary as well as the biliary
route. The results for this compound are shown
in Table 2 for the urine and Table 3 for the faeces.
The elimination of the four metals is compared to
the placebo trials.

Limbo
edit on 8-1-2015 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

As for your other comment do you really think he made all this up, published this in a journal too?

Yes

You should be able to deduce that much by simply looking at his claimed credentials if your BS detector doesn't go off with that then I don't know what to say except maybe start looking into those claimed credentials if not then, then I will be speechless.

Also that isn't a scientific journal.

It also printed:

Tongue Piercing and Chronic Abdominal Pain with Nausea and Vomiting—Two Cases

The Pebble in the Pond: How Integrative Leadership Can Bring About Transformation

Anomalous information reception by research Mediums under blinded Conditions II: Replication and extension

Explore: the Journal of Science and Healing is a pseudojournal edited by Dean Radin, and published by Elsevier whose interest it seems is entirely profit-based, rather than following any rigorous academic standards. Unfortunately, this seems largely par for the course for Elsevier.

Elsevier

As far as the video goes he is just talking about what is in the article and if you read the article it is homeopathy. Where they take one drop dilute then take another then delote and so on and so on where there is no possible way there is anything in it at the end but water. He is a snake oil salesman. Nowhere could I find a single piece of corroborating evidence that such a study ever took place and he certainly isn't telling.

Another interesting bit is in the article he says the study was performed by doctors and scientists in the video he says he was part of those conducting the study.

We still come back to the article saying the doses given were 30, 50, or 60 "drops" 3 times daily.

Can you even call that a detox regimen as defined anywhere in the OP?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

So you invoke ad hominem etc.
Question for you why are you here if you are only interested in science journals such as only the lancet?
The lancet is pretty much established scientific mainstream. So effectively anything out there is woo right?

You know there's a lot of stuff out there which does not fall into the mainstream.
There's orthomolecular journals which are respected highly.

As for your rational wiki....I think it's a parody site isn't it?
Don't you think there's a little bias there?

rationalwiki.org...
Linus Pauling probably the best chemist there ever was is a quack!

Also related I'll happily check the guy out and expose him as a fraud but I don't think he is.
I've actually emailed the site for more information into the study. I think Dean Radin
created Explore!

Limbo

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Not really. We are talking about homeopathy.

Question for you why are you here if you are only interested in science journals such as only the lancet?

I am interested in the truth whatever it may be. If evidence supports a contrary belief of mine I will change my belief.

The lancet is pretty much established scientific mainstream. So effectively anything out there is woo right?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I am sure you are familiar with that saying.

It definitely makes fun of things however when you click the links and sources the fun making is justified.

You know I can forgive the man for making a mistake even geniuses are vulnerable when they are stricken with a disease. When studies were published and reviewed there were accusations of misconduct and scientific incompetence on both sides. Personally I would like to see another more rigorous controlled study done to end the debate once and for all on all sides.

Also related I'll happily check the guy out and expose him as a fraud but I don't think he is.
I've actually emailed the site for more information into the study. I think Dean Radin created Explore!

Cool. It would be good if he gets back to you with some actual specifics of where the study was done, what labs were involved, some actual names of people involved and so forth. Just having evidence that the study actually happened would mean something.

As for Dean Radin he is the editor so he may be the creator.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Would Heavy Metal Chelation come under detoxing?

for those not wanting to click the link

"Chelation therapy is a medical procedure that involves the administration of chelating agents to remove heavy metals from the body. Chelation therapy has a long history of use in clinical toxicology and remains in use for some very specific medical treatments, although it is administered under very careful medical supervision due to various inherent risks." Some call it bs others swear by it.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Akatsuki

No that doesn't come under the OP. Further into the Oped article it discusses such treatments I looked into them a little as well and most if not all are administered intravenously under direct supervision and monitoring. The process can be quite dangerous but it is a risk vs benefit because in most cases the metal toxicity of the patient is life threatening to consider the treatment.

You are not going to reach a poisoning level that treatment is for in everyday living. The OP article is talking about the detox kits and such you get at healthfood stores that usually require you to drink some green slime concoction for a few days.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ahh gotcha, my sister has tried the lemon detox kit and swears it's legit, i personally am skeptical of it as all i can see it doing is removing excess water and yes perhaps maybe trace minerals etc. I was always under the impression the human body is made to be able to detox itself however iam open to being wrong ^_^ a reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akatsuki

"Chelation therapy is a medical procedure that involves the administration of chelating agents to remove heavy metals from the body. Chelation therapy has a long history of use in clinical toxicology and remains in use for some very specific medical treatments, although it is administered under very careful medical supervision due to various inherent risks." Some call it bs others swear by it.
Scratch this, didn't look at the posts above xD

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Akatsuki

The whole reason I learned of this study was because I was looking into doing one. So I almost got suckered.

If your sister is simply drinking lemonade(basically) then that is pretty much a fast.

Fasting does have medical benefits. 3 days is what has been studied. It doesn't detox anything at least to the effect it doesn't remove anything your body doesn't already remove but taking a break from putting anything in you will mean you flushed.

Fasting does boost your immune system that has been proven which is entirely different from detoxing. You don't need lemonade though from what I read water does the trick maybe even better.

72 hour water fast. I am probably going to do one next month.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Not really. We are talking about homeopathy.

I am interested in the truth whatever it may be. If evidence supports a contrary belief of mine I will change my belief.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I am sure you are familiar with that saying.

It definitely makes fun of things however when you click the links and sources the fun making is justified.

You know I can forgive the man for making a mistake even geniuses are vulnerable when they are stricken with a disease. When studies were published and reviewed there were accusations of misconduct and scientific incompetence on both sides. Personally I would like to see another more rigorous controlled study done to end the debate once and for all on all sides.

I've actually emailed the site for more information into the study. I think Dean Radin created Explore!

Cool. It would be good if he gets back to you with some actual specifics of where the study was done, what labs were involved, some actual names of people involved and so forth. Just having evidence that the study actually happened would mean something.

As for Dean Radin he is the editor so he may be the creator.

Actually I am talking about the ability of cilantro/coriander to detox heavy metals from the body.
Or indeed _any_ agent natural or not. EDTA will detox metals from the body that is actually a mainstream fact.

As for extraordinary claims comment I disagree - it depends on what you know.
On the extremes if you don't know much then everything is extraordinary...
If you know everything then everything is ordinary ..
I don't see why current scientific testing methods should not be sufficient to test claims.
They are scientific are they not?

As for Pauling I hold him in the highest regard.
Brian Josephson suffered a similar fate at the alter of mainstream when he crossed over.

Moot points really. I'm interested in the science and how this can be applied to prevent disease.

Looking at this currently (From mainstream peer reviewed source.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I'm more interested in heavy metal/cancer.

drcranton.com...

Limbo

edit on 8-1-2015 by Limbo because: Added stuff from my research

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akatsuki

I think what the OP is putting forward is that detox can not prevent disease.

The conclusions of the paper below basically say mercury amalgams are unsafe and should be replaced
with a more safe material.

www.ehjournal.net...

This really casts a doubt on the statement that amalgams are safe.

Limbo

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Actually I am talking about the ability of cilantro/coriander to detox heavy metals from the body.

There is some evidence for cilantro in the medical field however they have identified the compounds inside it and tested it on blood samples. They are not saying eat cilantro it will detox you. The article you presented has taken compounds of those listed within. They then used a homeopathic method of diluting and re diluting then administered 30 to 60 drops of what was essentially water then claimed it removed metal toxins.

If you want to use that paper as evidence you need to address what the paper actually says.

Or indeed _any_ agent natural or not. EDTA will detox metals from the body that is actually a mainstream fact.

Yeah EDTA is also known for causing reproductive and developmental defects with lab animals in tests. Also the process where they use it to remove metal poisoning is through IV which in the US isn't approved by the FDA. The process where it is used in the medical field I have covered several times throughout the thread. Which maybe you should read. Also the treatment is only effective within 7 days of the exposure because it does not cross the blood brain barrier.Facts and myths about EDTA

I don't see why current scientific testing methods should not be sufficient to test claims.

Well that explains a lot.

Current scientific methods are fine. Now if there were only some way you could show scientific methods were used. Hell it would be nice if it could be corroborated any test was done. Unfortunately I all have seen is the claim from your article. So there is no extraordinary evidence in fact no evidence at all.

So please tell me do you actually know anything about the supposed tests outside of what the article claims?

Moot points really. I'm interested in the science and how this can be applied to prevent disease.

So am I now if only there was some evidence or peer review even a way to just verify any of the claimed tests were actually done would be a good start.

I hold Pauling's accomplishments in high regard as well. I respect who the man was however even he does not get a pass where the scientific process is concerned nor should any scientist.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

There is some evidence for cilantro in the medical field however they have identified the compounds inside it and tested it on blood samples. They are not saying eat cilantro it will detox you. The article you presented has taken compounds of those listed within. They then used a homeopathic method of diluting and re diluting then administered 30 to 60 drops of what was essentially water then claimed it removed metal toxins.

If you want to use that paper as evidence you need to address what the paper actually says.

Yeah EDTA is also known for causing reproductive and developmental defects with lab animals in tests. Also the process where they use it to remove metal poisoning is through IV which in the US isn't approved by the FDA. The process where it is used in the medical field I have covered several times throughout the thread. Which maybe you should read. Also the treatment is only effective within 7 days of the exposure because it does not cross the blood brain barrier.Facts and myths about EDTA

Well that explains a lot.

Current scientific methods are fine. Now if there were only some way you could show scientific methods were used. Hell it would be nice if it could be corroborated any test was done. Unfortunately I all have seen is the claim from your article. So there is no extraordinary evidence in fact no evidence at all.

So please tell me do you actually know anything about the supposed tests outside of what the article claims?

So am I now if only there was some evidence or peer review even a way to just verify any of the claimed tests were actually done would be a good start.

I hold Pauling's accomplishments in high regard as well. I respect who the man was however even he does not get a pass where the scientific process is concerned nor should any scientist.

I posted quite a few papers in this thread. Some mainstream some not. Some in humans some in mice.

You keep posting that they used homeopathic drops.
As far as I can see the compound used was composed of _one_ homeopathic preparation and extracts from another 2 compounds as detailed in the video 24:06 onwards..

Chlorella growth factor
Cilantro (Coriander sativum leaf)
Homaccord of cell decimated chlorella.

biotrace.co.nz...

Limbo
edit on 9-1-2015 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

From your source article.

Homeopathic Homaccords are the mixture of different homeopathic dilutions of the same component.

Nothing homeopathic has ever been shown to have any qualities differing from water through scientific testing.

The video posted should explain clearly.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

From your source article.

Homeopathic Homaccords are the mixture of different homeopathic dilutions of the same component.

Nothing homeopathic has ever been shown to have any qualities differing from water through scientific testing.

The video posted should explain clearly.

Yes and the _other_ 2 compounds?
Limbo

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

From your source.

What is HMD™

It is a proprietary synergistic blend of three natural ingredients combining: Chlorella Growth Factor; a homaccord of specially energized cell-decimated Chlorella; Organic Coriandrum sativum leaf (Cilantro Leaf)

I have to ask...have you researched homeopathics at all because if you do then you will find they are not keen on mixing them as you seem to be under the impression of them doing. What I mean is the whole thing is a mixture of homeopathics.

The other question for you is...do you think homeopathics work at all?

BTW homaccords are generally with two or more components in case that wasn't clear then diluted to the point where it is nothing but water the claim is the water retains the memory of what was once in it.

So the really big question is do you think homeopathics work at all?
edit on 9-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   

From your source.

What is HMD™

It is a proprietary synergistic blend of three natural ingredients combining: Chlorella Growth Factor; a homaccord of specially energized cell-decimated Chlorella; Organic Coriandrum sativum leaf (Cilantro Leaf)

I have to ask...have you researched homeopathics at all because if you do then you will find they are not keen on mixing them as you seem to be under the impression of them doing. What I mean is the whole thing is a mixture of homeopathics.

The other question for you is...do you think homeopathics work at all?

BTW homaccords are generally with two or more components in case that wasn't clear then diluted to the point where it is nothing but water the claim is the water retains the memory of what was once in it.

So the really big question is do you think homeopathics work at all?

It seems you are misinterpreting what they are saying on the ingredients.
A homeopathic prep is not rich in quote "Contains flavonoids including quercitin"

Also as I've said before I don't really believe homeopathics work.

www.iah-online.com...

Origin
To understand the origin of the potency series we have to return to 1913 when
CAHIS (Barcelona, 1913) for the first time mixed various homeopathic potencies
of one substance and administered them together. Cahis called these mixtures
“accords” or

Also and accord according to that paper can be a mix of 2 components and also one component at differing dilutions.

Limbo

edit on 9-1-2015 by Limbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

What you either don't get is they are all dilutions of dilutions. Some may be 1 in 1 million parts others 1 in 10 million but they are all homeopathics.

The biggest red flag in all of this is homeopathic plays any part.

I noticed you didn't answer my question which I asked twice.

I asked if you believe homeopathics work at all because it would be nice to know if you are able to even recognize pseudo science.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join