It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Detox Your Body. It’s A Myth.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SalientSkivvy

What about people OD'ing on drugs or alochol??

What about them?

While tragic that doesn't have anything to do with the OP or topic.

Have you taken a moment to read the OP or article yet?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Do detox pills work can you detex your body of course you can. Its just like smoking or drinking yes you do damage with but the instant you stop you start getting better. And if time is a sort of medicine then there could be an actual process to help speed up that detoxification. With all the chemicals they put in our food and drink a healthy perfect body doesn't exist. Theirs tons of people who feel and look better after detoxing. Maybe not the otc junk but raw fooding for a month or juicing can do wonders for the body, in this i have no doubt.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordD
a reply to: Grimpachi

Do detox pills work can you detex your body of course you can. Its just like smoking or drinking yes you do damage with but the instant you stop you start getting better. And if time is a sort of medicine then there could be an actual process to help speed up that detoxification. With all the chemicals they put in our food and drink a healthy perfect body doesn't exist. Theirs tons of people who feel and look better after detoxing. Maybe not the otc junk but raw fooding for a month or juicing can do wonders for the body, in this i have no doubt.

Detox pills don't work.

Smoking and/or drinking can cause irreparable damage over time and simply ceasing either won't repair what's done.
See COPD/emphysema and cirrhosis for further details.

You're confusing detoxing with living a healthy lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

Maybe not?

"Can?" What does that have to do with the detox? If you get bit by a spider you can get the venom out but you'll still have the bite mark. With alcohol there may be permanent damaged but theirs still toxins left in your body which are removed through time to bring the body back to what we consider normal? Detoxification?

But with all the changes in human growth through hormones the rapid increase of diseases like cancer and such you would think that something has changed making our bodies more toxic more imbalanced... well who knows? I'm just confused

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LordD

What specific toxins are being removed through "detoxification"? How is this any different from having kidneys and a liver?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Those organs remove natural occurring toxins, what they evolved on, not the garbage and chemicals they put in our food and drink now . So now, as a species, having no prior chemical poisoning done. WE have no evolutionary guard against unnatural toxins.

"Consuming harmful beverages such as soda pop (which has a pH of 2 making it very acidic and which kills the kidneys and also has a high phosphoric acid content that eats up your bones which results in osteoporosis); coffee (also very acid-forming, causes cancer of the esophagus, kills the central nervous system, and shoots out the adrenal glands); milk and milk-based beverages (which are very acidic and therefore mucus forming, causes leukemia, puts extra, synthetic female hormones into the body causing a host of reproductive area cancers, especially in women); alcohol beverages which are also very acidic and processed with harmful chemicals such as ether (sleeping gas) and methanol (which converts inside the body to formaldehyde [embalming fluid], a neurotoxin)"

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Those organs remove natural occurring toxins, what they evolved on, not the garbage and chemicals they put in our food and drink now . So now, as a species, having no prior chemical poisoning done. WE have no evolutionary guard against unnatural toxins.

"Consuming harmful beverages such as soda pop (which has a pH of 2 making it very acidic and which kills the kidneys and also has a high phosphoric acid content that eats up your bones which results in osteoporosis); coffee (also very acid-forming, causes cancer of the esophagus, kills the central nervous system, and shoots out the adrenal glands); milk and milk-based beverages (which are very acidic and therefore mucus forming, causes leukemia, puts extra, synthetic female hormones into the body causing a host of reproductive area cancers, especially in women); alcohol beverages which are also very acidic and processed with harmful chemicals such as ether (sleeping gas) and methanol (which converts inside the body to formaldehyde [embalming fluid], a neurotoxin)"

So natural toxins are kinder to the body than unnatural ones?

So the formaldehyde your body produces naturally and then metabolises and excretes naturally is different to formaldehyde which is produced outside of the body (unnaturally...of course)?

Do you know what the word toxin means?

Do you know what the alimentary canal does and why?

I suggest you find out the answers to these questions before you post more foolishness.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Can you name any of these "unnatural" toxins and cite some clinical trials that demonstrate some pill (or whatever) having a measurable effect at removing them?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Maybe not?

"Can?" What does that have to do with the detox? If you get bit by a spider you can get the venom out but you'll still have the bite mark. With alcohol there may be permanent damaged but theirs still toxins left in your body which are removed through time to bring the body back to what we consider normal? Detoxification?

But with all the changes in human growth through hormones the rapid increase of diseases like cancer and such you would think that something has changed making our bodies more toxic more imbalanced... well who knows? I'm just confused

Normal metabolism removes "toxins" in small doses.
Metabolism does not equal detoxification.
The dose of a compound makes the poison.

Your second paragraph probably made sense when you wrote it but I'm afraid I'm struggling to understand what you mean.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thebel
It depends on what you mean by detox. There are scientifically proven substances that help liver and other organs. One of these is Milk Thistle which has been scientifically proven to cleanse and repair the liver.

I take Milk Thistle every day. My liver ruptured and in less than 3 months of time, it had fully recovered. It had very extensive damage. My surgeon was completely fascinated and began to suggest it to several of his other patients. And YES! It does detox. I was in a pain clinic for quite a few years til one day I decided I had had enough. I had taken every narcotic pain medicine known and they are very addictive.

I got up that morning and instead of popping pain pills, I took Milk Thistle. I had NO major withdrawals. The proof it works is I had a doctors appointment that day and had to do my usual bloodwork. None of my drugs were in my system which almost got me in trouble with the doctors. I was amazed and shocked myself because it hadn't even been 24 hours since taking them.

Wanna feel good without all that torture? Milk Thistle and some B12 always works for me!

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Sigh

So are the suns uv rays harsher to the be than tanning uv rays?

The formaldehyde the body metabolizes forms into formic acid and discharged through urination. lol i think you missing the point that formaldehyde is still poison and where digesting that casually.

Lol foolishness yea

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Lol "Normal metabolism removes "toxins" in small doses.
Metabolism does not equal detoxification."
What? lol youre killing me here

It is a little unclear what I meant but in a nutshell. More synthetic food, more health problems.
edit on 21-12-2014 by LordD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloudwatcher

It depends on what you mean by detox. There are scientifically proven substances that help liver and other organs. One of these is Milk Thistle which has been scientifically proven to cleanse and repair the liver.

I take Milk Thistle every day. My liver ruptured and in less than 3 months of time, it had fully recovered. It had very extensive damage. My surgeon was completely fascinated and began to suggest it to several of his other patients. And YES! It does detox. I was in a pain clinic for quite a few years til one day I decided I had had enough. I had taken every narcotic pain medicine known and they are very addictive.

I got up that morning and instead of popping pain pills, I took Milk Thistle. I had NO major withdrawals. The proof it works is I had a doctors appointment that day and had to do my usual bloodwork. None of my drugs were in my system which almost got me in trouble with the doctors. I was amazed and shocked myself because it hadn't even been 24 hours since taking them.

Wanna feel good without all that torture? Milk Thistle and some B12 always works for me!

Your trial

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Sigh

So are the suns uv rays harsher to the be than tanning uv rays?

The formaldehyde the body metabolizes forms into formic acid and discharged through urination. lol i think you missing the point that formaldehyde is still poison and where digesting that casually.

Lol foolishness yea

So formaldehyde is metabolised and excreted naturally?
Yes?
As I said earlier, the dose makes the poison. Look up what that means.
No, really look it up.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Lol "Normal metabolism removes "toxins" in small doses.
Metabolism does not equal detoxification."
What? lol youre killing me here

It is a little unclear what I meant but in a nutshell. More synthetic food, more health problems.

So it's more of a healthy eating issue than one of detoxification then isn't it Einstein?

And the circle turns again....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: cloudwatcher

Personally I think that your story is little more than fantasy but if you could answer a few questions that would be great.

What type of "rupture" did you have?
How was it diagnosed?
What was your treatment & meds regime?
How long had it been damaged prior to taking the milk thistle? (IMPORTANT).

And finally who's your surgeon (as I'd like to understand why a doctor is promoting medication that has been shown to have no effect on liver function to his patients)?

edit on 21/12/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

sigh

Do you know what the word carcinogen means?

Is formaldehyde considered a carcinogen?

Then can you explain to me what a substance would have to do to be considered a poison?

Lastly ask yourself, "would that make formaldehyde a poison?"

Your Welcome

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Lol what?

"Well yes i understand that deforestation my company does for livestock and farming has endangered and possibly eliminated different kind of species. But isn't that more of a conservation issue and less of a environmental issue?"

That's what you just said? Reflect on that?

I prefer DaVinci.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Foods Known to Contain Naturally Occurring Formaldehyde

Apple 6.3 – 22.3
Apricot 9.5
Banana 16.3
Beetroot 35
Bulb vegetables (e.g. onion) 11.0
Cabbage 5.3
Carrot 6.7 – 10
Cauliflower 26.9
Cucumber 2.3 – 3.7
Grape 22.4
Green Onion 13.3 – 26.3
Kohlrabi 31
Pear 38.7 – 60
Plum 11.2
Potato 19.5
Spinach 3.3 – 7.3
Tomato 5.7 – 13.3
Water-melon 9.2
White Radish 3.7 – 4.4
Shiitake mushroom (dried) 100 – 406
Shiitake mushroom (raw) 6 – 54.4
Beef 4.6
Pig 5.8 – 20
Sheep 8
Poultry 2.5 – 5.7
Processed meat products(including ham and sausages)≤ 20.7
Liver paste ≤ 11.9
Goat’s Milk 1
Cow’s Milk ≤ 3.3
Cheese ≤ 3.3
Cod 4.6 – 34
Shrimp (raw) 1 – 2.4
Squid 1.8
Fish ball 6.8
Crustacean 1 – 98
Bombay-duck ≤ 140
www.cfs.gov.hk...

Formaldehyde is naturally produced in very small amounts in our bodies as a part of our normal,
everyday metabolism and causes us no harm.

www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

When I was stationed in Korea my favorite drink was Soju with added formaldehyde that stuff was great. In my opinion it kept the populace looking young.

As pardon said it is the amount that makes it toxic to us.

Good luck trying to rid your body of it seeing as how we naturally produce it I think if you actually succeed in that endeavor it would mean you are dead.

You know what else can be dangerous to you?

Sodium Chloride (NaCl) otherwise known as salt. If you manage to remove that from your body you will definitely be dead but if you have too much you will die from that as well.

Do you have any idea what is in your stomach. It is pretty toxic stuff but necessary.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

sigh

Do you know what the word carcinogen means?

Is formaldehyde considered a carcinogen?

Then can you explain to me what a substance would have to do to be considered a poison?

Lastly ask yourself, "would that make formaldehyde a poison?"

Your Welcome

Yes I do know what a carcinogen is.

Formaldehyde is considered a carcinogen at specific dosages.

The dose makes the poison (that answers the final two questions).

You're not doing yourself any favours as replies like that just highlight your lack of comprehension of the subject.
And you haven't answered the questions I asked.
edit on 22/12/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join