It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit elders sharing information with NASA regarding Earth's "WOBBLE"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+68 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
These guys have lived in the most inhospital place and predicting the weather for their livelyhood for a long time. I put more credence in their word than anything NASA says.

"The elders maintain the Sun doesn't rise were it used too, they have longer day light to hunt and the Sun is higher than it used to be and warms up quicker than before.
The elders who were interviewed across the north all said the same thing, their sky has changed.
The stars the Sun and the Moon have all changed affecting the temperature, even affecting the way the wind blows, it is becoming increasingly hard to predict the weather, something that is a must on the Arctic.
The elders all agree, they believe the Earth has shifted, wobbled or tilted to the North".
www.thebigwobble.org...
edit on 4-12-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All the while the rest of the world is distracted by the CO2 AGW meme and what we must do to correct it .I would put more faith in the elders figuring out what they have to do to survive what seems to be a new (kind of) ice age .Too soon to tell how far the fluctuations in the earths climate may play out or for how long but we humans have a built in ability to survive even if it requires us eating our own . a reply to: UnBreakable

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
eta ...I suggest those big fat bankers that took our money :>) a reply to: the2ofusr1

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
"The elders maintain the Sun doesn't rise were it used too ..."

They must be VERY old to have noticed Earth's axial precession ...

The Earth's orbital motions (inclination of the earth's axis on its orbit with respect to the sun, gyroscopic precession of the earth's axis every 26,000 years ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_dating
edit on 4-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

...while scientists maintain man made pollution is contributing to climate change the elders are convinced something much much bigger is going on! Astonishingly what the elders are saying is global warming is not the whole story...

Going to check out the film later

If it turns out to be true and climate change is not man-made and down to the earth shifting is position, then it will show all the politicians and co for what they really are - money grabbing con artists. As soon as carbon tax and carbon credits came on the scene I knew they weren't taking it as seriously as they should.

On the other hand, maybe they do believe that it is natural and because they can do nothing about it they are just milking the cash-cow while she's still mooing.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I thought the Aliens sorted that wobble out in 2004, you know the one that created the Boxing Day Tsunami, in the Indian Ocean.

I can't say I have noticed any difference, but if the Inuits are saying it, I think we need to listen.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
High tech sattilites are ok, I guess, for trying to figure out what nature is doing but actually observing nature year after year is a much more accurate way of knowing if nature is changing.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

"The elders maintain the Sun doesn't rise were it used too ..."

They must be VERY old to have noticed Earth's axial precession ...

The Earth's orbital motions (inclination of the earth's axis on its orbit with respect to the sun, gyroscopic precession of the earth's axis every 26,000 years ...

wikipedia.org/wiki/Incremental_dating

You're right. The Inuits don't know about how the position of the sun changes from day to day and year to year as much as you do looking out your kitchen window.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I saw a couple of news stories regarding the earth's axis shifting due to earthquakes. I really don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not. It was a minute shift (a millionth of a second). I think it could possibly have an affect on weather but with it being that short, I don't know how it would affect the length of the day in a way we could notice it. Who knows?

Earth's days may have gotten a little bit shorter since the massive earthquake in Chile, but don't feel bad if you haven't noticed.

The difference would be only about one-millionth of a second.

Richard Gross, a scientist at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., and colleagues calculated that Saturday's quake shortened the day by 1.26 microseconds. A microsecond is one-millionth of a second.

Source 1

The 9.0 magnitude earthquake that ravaged Japan also shortened Earth's day by just over one-millionth of a second (1.8 microseconds to be exact), according to NASA. It also shifted the Earth's axis by about 6.5 inches.

By changing the distribution of the planet's mass, the quake likely caused the Earth to spin a tiny bit faster, says research scientist Richard Gross of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., thus shortening the time the planet takes to rotate each day.

The quake also shifted the position of the Earth's "figure" axis (which is different from the planet's north-south axis). This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it won't cause a shift of the Earth's axis in space -- only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets could do that.

Source 2

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What about the secret underground Nazi bases up there? Have they found those yet?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus High tech is something that can either work or fail depending on the operator .Or if it's a data collection device then it can be interpreted .We see this in the inconsistencies within the school of Science .My biggest concern with science is that you can put a yes man in the position to do your bidding . Money talks and being able to get the recognition and praise from society is very alluring . Science then become a corruptible field of study much like the study of Religion or Archaeology .

It all becomes a trust issue where individuals are trusted to carry out their trade with integrity and principals .The biggest thing I have seen is that data is being changed or homogenized ,but in a direction that fits the AGW meme . I am thinking that the Inuit's may go back to building Igloos as they were much more suited to the cold climate then the standard Floridian bungalows with fiberglass insulation in them . One thing they will have to come to terms with is that The Government will not be their friend when it comes to their survival .

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You're right. The Inuits don't know about how the position of the sun changes from day to day and year to year as much as you do looking out your kitchen window.

Why would they?

If the position of the sunrise of the duration of daylight changes in Greenland, it would surely change in Britain too. So I would expect to notice it every bit as much as they do.

Or does this supposed change in orbit or axial tilt or whatever only affect one small part of the planet .......?

edit on 4-12-2014 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Thought this had gone away with 2012 (because I recognize the article from previous 2012 threads here on ATS).

There are literally millions and millions of more people who are amateur astronomers than there are Inuit elders.

These millions of amateur astronomers, using our equipment such as telescopes, have to use RA and Dec coordinates to find things in the sky.

When I (like millions of others) set up my telescope and polar align it, I can dial up the Right Ascension and Declination coordinates on my telescope and the object is in the center of my eye piece.

If the Earth has shifted, the RA and Dec coordinates would be worthless. NOTHING would be where it is suppose to be.

If that were true, you would have literally MILLIONS of people screaming their lungs out about it.

Instead: you don't hear that.

Why?

Because everything is where it's suppose to be, because: The Earth has NOT shifted on it's axis.

I'll trust what my telescope tells me over what any Inuit elders have to say (with information that was passed down by word of mouth).

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

The devil is in the details....

From your quote:

This shift in Earth's figure axis will cause Earth to wobble a bit differently as it rotates, but it won't cause a shift of the Earth's axis in space -- only external forces such as the gravitational attraction of the sun, moon and planets could do that.

The Earth's figure axis, is the distribution of mass.

The easiest way to think of this is a washing machine that the clothes bundle up in and cause it to get off-balance, and start to wobble worse and worse as the drum spins more. You have to stop it, re-distribute the mass of clothing, and start it again so that it remains balanced. Also similar to a coin that you spin on its center of gravity. If the weight shifts, which it will, the coin will start to wobble and eventually fall over.

Think of how that applies to the planet and the statement above about the shifting of the figure axis. The Earth is the washing machine, and the clothes going out of balance is the earthquake.... or whatever the cause might be.

If an earthquake or other event can change that wobble, even by just a tiny bit, by a few microseconds, that is enough to shift the balance (the figure axis) just enough so that it continues to wobble more and more, gaining momentum with each spin.

What started as a few microseconds of wobble from a massive earthquake would continue until a wobble that should be imperceptible to humans starts to become a very real, and noticeable effect.

If that's true, it can be measured. If it can be measured, it can be extrapolated to see how profound the impact is, or how bad it could end up being.

Personally... if Inuit people, who live almost entirely off of the predictability of our seasons and the behavior of their climate, are saying that they are seeing and feeling a change and have taken the time out of their secluded lives to reach out to NASA, I would pay attention and at least listen.

Edit: Something else worth noting is that the North Pole has been moving faster and faster toward Russia and Siberia, which could be the reason for the shifting sun that the Inuits are seeing, or could be the effect from whatever is causing the wobble.

~Namaste
edit on 4-12-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

These millions of amateur astronomers, using our equipment such as telescopes, have to use RA and Dec coordinates to find things in the sky.
a reply to: eriktheawful Do you know of any that are in or near where the Inuit's live and have you investigated the subject ? I only ask because the MSM may be holding back any reports about what might lead us to believe that all is good and nothing to see .move along .

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
These sneaksy elders arent daft their probably just after some grant money and anything else that makes their life a little easier.

Surely every single satellite thats ever been put up into orbit would have recorded this change.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

If the Earth's axis had shifted, it would affect the view of everyone all over the planet.

Not just the Inuit.

It would be yelled about all over the place (internet forums, magazines, emails, letters, books, clubs, etc, etc).

It's not something that could be hidden, and it's certainly not something that only the Inuit would be able to see.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

A sincere question since I'm not an astronomer. How does one polar-align their telescope? What do you use as a reference?

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

How would all of these great astronomers, telescopes and satellites be able to tell if we were moving with the precession of the equinox or if in fact the axis of the earth was shifting?

We wouldn't. Not until we reached the end of the equinox and kept on tilting instead of moving back toward the other side of precession.

We haven't been here for 26,000 years to know whether or not the movement of cosmic objects is happening in the "normal" way, and the wobble is still 26,000 years, or if we've added 1,000 more years to the wobble.

And if we did add 1,000 more years to the precession, how would we know? We may still move at the same rate of speed through the precession, but the extremes might be more pronounced at the beginning and end. We just don't know.

Humans have no recorded history or going through a full precession. There's no way to know if what we're seeing with our instruments and measurements is in fact accurate or not, and whether or not our movement relative to the stars and planets would change by enough to feel the effects but not be able to observe them.

Just food for thought.

~Namaste

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join