It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit elders sharing information with NASA regarding Earth's "WOBBLE"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: UnBreakable

You're right. From now on I'll only believe NASA because they only tell the truth, I won't even think of entertaining another viewpoint or observation.

You think NASA is just one or two people in running in a mouse wheel or what? You realize how many organizations collaborate with them, amateur and professional? Or are you oblivious to that...

Kind of like the Obama admin. Do you think it's just one or two people running in a mouse wheel or what? They would never lie to us if you don't count Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS scandal, etc. So what you're inferring NASA is too big and complex to lie, our govt., which is a lot bigger and more complex than NASA, is quite adept in diversion and obfuscation, and probably more inept. Or are you oblivious to that?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Are you oblivious to the fact that NASA is NOT the only space agency in the entire world?

Nor is it the ONLY organization that deals with space and observing space.

Universities and astronomers galore out there.

edit on 12/15/2014 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Kind of like the Obama admin. Do you think it's just one or two people running in a mouse wheel or what?

Politics and science are two completely separate issues,topics,professions. Unless in the odd case where the former corrupts the later for monetary gain.

You are comparing apples and potatoes however, and if you want to sling political mud go to that forum.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

You're right. From now on I'll only believe NASA because they only tell the truth, I won't even think of entertaining another viewpoint or observation.

You think NASA is just one or two people in running in a mouse wheel or what? You realize how many organizations collaborate with them, amateur and professional? Or are you oblivious to that...

Kind of like the Obama admin. Do you think it's just one or two people running in a mouse wheel or what? They would never lie to us if you don't count Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS scandal, etc. So what you're inferring NASA is too big and complex to lie, our govt., which is a lot bigger and more complex than NASA, is quite adept in diversion and obfuscation, and probably more inept. Or are you oblivious to that?

Just an observation: all of the examples you list are evidence that the government is incompetent and unable to maintain a cover-up successfully.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Just an observation: all of the examples you list are evidence that the government is incompetent and unable to maintain a cover-up successfully.

Yes, exactly, that's my point. Our government is incompetent. Yet they are able to maintain a cover-up in these situations. Please provide sources which specify definitively what actually occurred in Benghazi, Fast & Furious, IRS scandal, etc. And this government is a bigger institution than NASA.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
a reply to: Silverlok

Why are you still ranting about parallax?

If the Earth's tilt had changed, it would cause a measurable change in the position of Polaris. What don't you get about that?

That's a lot of stars for an "argument" about parallax that was set as a trap ( and then comment removed ) AND has nothing to do with distortion of how the earth follows the sun ...in short; if the earth is slightly lagging (more than usual) behind the sun then no pole change would happen ( and by the way pole shift is NOT SOMETHING I ENDORSED IN ANY form ) . Because parallax shift is not a scientifically provable way of falsifying the Inuit observations I endorsed the idea that the Inuit observation were correct but their interpretation were not. I also assert that , in the name of science , nothing on this thread has proposed a hypothesis that fits the observations ( if the inuit are correct) out side of the parameters for orbital shifting.

to the mods of this thread: science is an interesting beast, and the internet makes it doubly so , are you sure you know how this thread is "DRIFTING", if in fact the original observations of the inuit and their interpretations of such will be valued and interpreted as one and the same without some form of 'shifting' between , observation, initial analysis, and most importantly internet watering? it is very important due to the nature of the new news environment to focus on reducing misdirection ( which is a mainstay of entrenched structures) , unfortunately this occasionally means 'leading people out'. If any of that seems; inconcise; please PM as the fuku thread proved that thru collaboration incredible science can be done.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I have a device that I attach to my telescope I bought about 30 years ago. It is a rifle scope mounted roughly perpendicular through a plate of steel, which you attach to your telescope mount. The scope itself if offset 0.8° from perpendicular and can rotate. This offset is precisely the same offset which the North Star is offset from the Earths axis as extended through space. The direction of the offset is marked by a 360° dial to which you can rotate the scope to match the position of the North Star. All you have to do is attach it to your scope base, calculate the current offset direction, and adjust your scope to place the North Star directly in the cross hair of the scope and you have a very precise polar alignment. I wrote a program many years ago that would calculate the current position of the Earth's axis relative to the North Star to which you could set the dial. The reason I needed such precise alignment was to do very long exposure photography through my telescope. The more precise your alignment the better the scope's clock drive could track the stars and not blur the image.

Here is a photo I found online of a similar device. (or so I hope)

P.S. Why is ATS so medieval when it comes to posting pictures? I program some of the most complex business processes across many disparate computer systems for some of the largest corporations in the world, but I can't figure out how to post an in-line picture in an ATS thread.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

And this government is a bigger institution than NASA.

Excuse me? Amateur astronomers like myself are not part of the government, and yes we would know if the earth had tilted abnormally. It hasn't.

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nostradamus claims that the earth will appear as tho it has lost its natural mostion

And that in the end of the tribulations the earth will become stable and firm once the constilations are in mostion again

Wow what do you think he could be talking about the earth stops spinning

posted on Nov, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: piney
Wow what do you think he could be talking about the earth stops spinning

Ever notice it's still spinning after, say, 4.5 billion years? There's a reason. Angular momentum is conserved.

That means the Earth doesn't just stop spinning one day. Also there would be an ungodly amount of energy involved in stopping that spin, and the Earth isn't solid throughout like a billiard ball. If you had the means to do it, and nothing does, then the Earth would boil as it flew to pieces. It doesn't just stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join