It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vyse Mystery Solved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hi ATS,

Something that I had always been puzzled about has finally been solved by Jon Ellison of the Graham Hancock Board (thanks Jon).

In the Appendix of Vyse's second Volume he makes a list of Inscriptions that were made in and around the Giza pyramids, including inscriptions made in the various chambers Vyse discovered and opened. You can see Vyse's list of inscriptions made in Image 1 below:

Image 1: Appendix of Vyse 'Operations', Vol II, p. 145

Now, what puzzled me about the above entry in Vyse's book is the very last entry: 'H. Raven and Hill'.

It seems that, according to Vyse's list of 'Inscriptions' (above), somewhere in Campbell's Chamber' of the Great Pyramid, there is an inscription 'H. Raven and Hill'.

No one, as far as I am aware, has ever mentioned seeing such an inscription but thanks to eagled-eyed Jon Ellison and Patrick Chapuis' photos of this chamber, this mystery is solved. There IS an inscription of 'H. Raven & Hill' in Campbell's Chamber (see below):

(Note: Image above is an enlargement of section of Patrick Chapuis image you can see here.)

Mystery solved. Step-by-step, piece-by-piece...

SC
edit on 4/12/2014 by Scott Creighton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
im lost in seeing the mystery , or theres a back story I am unaware of

what was the mystery of these inscriptions ? surely they wasn't made back in the tombs creation ?

raven and hill don't sound Egyptian

a quick blow up from the wide angle to put things into perspective

funbox

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Scott Creighton

I am with funbox here. Good observation, I grant you, but what does that make us?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

hmm , after looking at the picture im seeing a vanity parade ,im thinking there was some contention with who was the first to lay eyes upon it , and then surprisingly defile the place with their tags. not even the Egyptians defiled the pyramids so why should they ... sheer vanity

funbox

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Funbox & Swanne,

Raven & Hill were two of Col. Vyse's assistants when he was opening these hidden chambers in the Great Pyramid in 1837. In Vol II of his book (see image 1 above), Vyse indicates that an inscription 'H. Raven and Hill' had been placed somewhere in Campbell's Chamber. No one, however, had ever found such an inscription. Until now. Thus Vyse's list of Inscriptions is vindicated.

Nothing more than that is being said.

Regards,

SC

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Okay.

Thanks for the clarification.

But you surely agree that this is more of a mere formality than a true "mystery".

edit on 4-12-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

thanks for the explaination

ha, his ego could only afford the usage of the spindly quill for his assistants names

I hope there's project to restore the tomb to its original state ? , surely there not going to leave all that graffiti over it

funbox

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

hmm I seemed to inadvertently killed you're thread , my apologies. a first for me I think .
was it the fact I accidently retorted to myself when it was supposed to be to you ?, or was it the mildly intense disapproval of tomb raiders ?, especially in this graffiti disrupting instance ..

sorrybox

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox

hmm I seemed to inadvertently killed you're thread , my apologies. a first for me I think .
was it the fact I accidently retorted to myself when it was supposed to be to you ?, or was it the mildly intense disapproval of tomb raiders ?, especially in this graffiti disrupting instance ..

sorrybox

Hi funbox,

No worries. To be honest I wasn't exactly expecting this to generate a lot of discussion. It's more really just an observation but an interesting observation at that.

Regards,

SC

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

crossing the eyes and dotting the t's eh , those missing jigsaw pieces , I see them , although in regards to another recent archeologically finding ,, the ancient city of Uruk I find such scanty detail, maybe you have had more luck !

last I heard there was an exhibition in Germany, have you heard anything new on this discovery ?

funbox

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Quite a enigma is Campbell i am more interested in what is not reported about this man's finds at Cairo

Excavators later removed several tons of fine sand to descend 33 feet below ground level to where they found the niches.

Zahi Hawass, the director of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, said archaeologists had been working for three months to clear sand from a granite shaft found between the pyramid of Khafre — and the Sphinx.
Hawass said workers will continue clearing sand from the shaft for a further 33 feet, where he believes more antiquities, including a granite sarcophagus, could be unearthed.

www.freerepublic.com...

Various small tunnels do indeed exist both in and under the Sphinx. One large tunnel, going forty-five feet in two directions, lies at the back of the Sphinx,

Any information on those finds Scott

new topics

top topics

join