It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: thrustbucket

If you can't or won't answer those questions yourself from the video then there is no point to this discussion. Are you honestly trying to support the position that the police did not cause his death? Are you stating that he didn't have difficulty breathing? Are you trying to imply he would have gone into cardiac arrest anyway with ample amounts of oxygen in his lungs? Do you really think he was scared to death?

The heart and the respiratory system are intimately linked. Do a search on asthma and heart attacks. Arguing over semantics is pointless. Eric died as a direct result of NYPD's actions. It was shameful. We should all be ashamed that this happened.

originally posted by: thrustbucket

originally posted by: DirtyD
The last three words out of this man's mouth was,"I can't breath."

This is an outrage.

After this news story, if I ever decide to resist arrest, those will be my go-to words as well.

Your lack of compassion is frightening. If you are ever in Eric's situation then you will get to utter those "go-to" words once and only once.

I missed the moment he was under arrest. Could you please provide the time-stamp?
edit on 3-12-2014 by compressedFusion because: Added quote about go-to words

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thrustbucket
What was the cause of death on the autopsy? Did it have anything to do with choking, lack of oxygen, etc?

Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday.

The autopsy also found that compressions to the chest and “prone positioning during physical restraint by police” killed Garner. The manner of death, according to the medical examiner, was homicide.

Source

Famed forensic pathologist Michael Baden says after looking at the autopsy records of Eric Garner, he can say at this point he doesn't dispute the findings of the city's medical examiner.

The medical examiner says a chokehold lead to Garner's death.

"The patient did have an enlarged heart, a very large heart, but good coronary arteries. And did have evidence, under the microscope, of asthma," Baden said. "Compression of the neck that prevents breathing for example trumps everything else as a cause of death."

Source

Crystal clear, the actions of the police officer caused the death of Eric Garner.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thrustbucket

On August 1, 2014, city medical examiners concluded that Garner was killed by neck compression from the chokehold along with “the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police”. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were contributing factors.[8]

On August 1, 2014, city medical examiners concluded that Garner was killed by neck compression from the chokehold along with “the compression of his chest and prone positioning during physical restraint by police”. Asthma, heart disease and obesity were contributing factors.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Rep. Peter King on ‘Obese’ Eric Garner: ‘If You Can’t Breathe, You Can’t Talk’

everybody's a doctor now.

I guess his test for not being able to breathe is like testing for a witch. If they die and never say anything then you know they couldn't breathe, but if they die and get a few syllables out then you can go home with a clean conscience because they could breathe all along. Thank you Mr. King. /endsarcasm

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: chrismarco
a reply to: IAMTAT

I don't think it was a choke that killed him..

The Medical Examiner disagrees with you.

Playing devil's advocate, the medical examiner's name is easy enough to find, but do we know the names of any of the grand jurors? It's conceivable that he may have ruled "homicide" to avoid becoming the victim of one at the hands of angry "protesters".

What did he see that 12 other people didn't?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

originally posted by: xuenchen

Rep. Peter King on ‘Obese’ Eric Garner: ‘If You Can’t Breathe, You Can’t Talk’

everybody's a doctor now.

I guess his test for not being able to breathe is like testing for a witch. If they die and never say anything then you know they couldn't breathe, but if they die and get a few syllables out then you can go home with a clean conscience because they could breathe all along. Thank you Mr. King. /endsarcasm

Well King is a moron and idiot and he can still talk so Garner could still hardly breathe and say it...

This statement by King is the most ignorant I’ve ever heard

As if people die as soon as they can’t breathe

This politician is the dumbest jackass I’ve ever heard. Can’t his small brain think about somthting like swimming under water?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I think there are two reasons we're seeing more and more of this kind of thing...

1. The fact that we elected a black president has unleashed a resurgence of racism in this country.
2. Since 9/11, cops have become "heroes". And we can't prosecute our "heroes" for murder...

This is disgusting! I hope there is a huge backlash. Being quiet and peaceful when clearly, the justice system in this country is broken is just what we DON'T need.

For the first time in 5 years, I completely agree with you.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is no more than just another step in a tactic that the elites have been using for so, so long now...but no one seems to see the big picture. Here's the big picture. We have the illusion of freedom because there will be thousands of police beatings, tazings, shootings, animal cruelty and killings, torcher of innocent men arrested for nothing, and we all witness it all the time.

Then someone comes along on ATS and creates a post that makes it to the front page of ATS about a couple of good cops from the archives of the 90's until now. Every now and then the news will show a cop who DOESN'T get off with raping a woman or something like that, and all of a sudden everyone is grateful that "the people" have won a victory, and everyone celebrates.

The big picture is this... It's one step forward for "the people", and 20 steps back. For every ONE victory the people are "given" (to placate our anger and give us the illusion of having a victory), there are thousands of abuses by cops every year that are a victory for them. They "sacrifice" one of these monsters every so often....just to keep us blind to the ever increasing police state.

Soon enough...there will be no need to sacrifice anyone but "the people"....because it will just be another police beating that we are so used to hearing about......just hope that one day..."the people" aren't watching this happen to you. We are all responsible for falling for these Psy-Ops, brain-training, predictive programming methods of the elites (the CIA predominately).
edit on 3-12-2014 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Yeah...hmmm...I've been thinking about this case tonight while reading this thread slowly and watching the live videos from the protests. Appreciate the links!

I'm not going to lie. I AM mad as hell. The fact that you can actually put on a police uniform and you become James Bond with a license to kill is shocking to me...

I liked the unity in here, except for the cab driver, the turnt up guy and the two poor white guys who accidentally fall into a pool of racism everywhere they go

Everyone else is on the same page and that's nice to see for once. Because this lack of justice isn't something we, as human beings, should really stand for. When we give the pigs this kind of power over us, we're just asking to be treated like a door mat. They´ll walk all over us and guys in the next incident will think "hey that officer wilson/whatshisface got away with it....i´ll use extreme force too!"
And I haven't even mentioned this guys family...or his life. He had 6 kids am I right?
Plus, you would never think that the same guys who are supposed to protect YOU will be the same ones who end up murdering you?? (it's called betrayal, betrayal, betrayal - Gang Starr)
Over Cigarettes? For ffff's sake.......no matter how you look at this this is unfair.

Iceland Signing out..

KV.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

holy hell man.
that was ridiculous....
in a good deal of these police situations i feel like the police are justified...

not this one though....

non compliance? sure
violent or threatening? hell no

he was even being polite saying please just leave me alone.

wow man. that cop needs to be thrown under the jail that was nuts...

i know we see on shows like cops people saying things like "the cuffs are too tight...if they are, so what you know.

this dude was getting rear naked choked out though...he was telling them he couldnt breathe and then they smashed his head....
christ. this is an example of excessive force...wrongful death...not the ferguson thing.

unreal

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I haven't had a chance to talk to people about the verdict. However, talking to white people about Mike Brown, even mentioning the 145 feet distance and Wilson's bizarre testimony, people seem to think the kid got what he deserved. Have we skipped the hand chopping off phase and gone straight to street execution of petty criminals?

Am I surrounded by racists? A white lady said she didn't care because white people don't get that kind of attention when the cops gun them down. I really thought we were coming out of racism. Then again, I'd thought I'd lost my innocence.
edit on 3-12-2014 by gentledissident because: race

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: compressedFusion

It is still considered resisting arrest when someone does not comply with cops. Do you know for sure he was not being arrested? He was doing something apparently illegal, selling cigarettes I guess on a street corner or something. Who knows what ordinances are around we do not know of? We only see a segment of this incident. There were a number of cops around, so it must have started somewhere and ended up there. I am not justifying the choke hold because that is banned too, but again perhaps they were going to take him down to the station and he refused.
There are several things going on with all this. One is the growing police state and it's ramifications, Two is the agenda of calling these things racist because TPTB may be wanting to start a new race war because it works for their communist narrative, Three is the stirring up of civil unrest in general for the purpose of instituting more police state and martial law.
The last agenda occurred to me today while reading a local newspaper, an article that the Prez is reportedly wanting to introduce video cams worn by LEO in order to minimize the so called Police State killing of civilians..... but I find it ironic that the attachment of more surveillance devices actually increases the Orwellian Big Brother police state. What's next, all people wearing them at all times ?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
Read the 1st post I wrote on on page 12

Link

Seems as though people have forgotten what thugs are. Aside from how the asshat police treat them of course.

The dictionary definition of "thug" involves criminal activity with violence.

Selling stuff illegally isn't violent. Dig up some violent charges first.

I don't need a dictionary to dictate the declaration or use of a word. I've walked, talked and lived among "thugs" here in the south. Gun toting, wife beating, moonshine running thugs who'd assume to put a bullet in an officer as they would to look at them. White folk...and Thugs...in every sense of the way.

They weren't all violent. But they sure as hell were criminal. Thuggish in their ways.

If you read closely you would have seen me state...

In case you don't know, I have had my share of involvement with law enforcement. I ran for years, with a state warrant on me, for some trumped up charges that were in end wiped off my record. At aged 19 I was beaten badly with nightsticks after not "complying" with officers who were searching "my persons". This was after a traffic stop in which I was the passenger. After being in the CRMC intensive care unit for 3 days my family lawyered up, took on the city and won.

I do not CONDONE this behavior by police and I detest the suggestion that ANY criminal other than a murderer to be deserving of a deadly outcome such as this.

I was a hard headed lawless sob back in my day. And while my family supported me after my ass whooping by Leo I was still chewed hard about living the lifestyle that put me into continual involvement with law enforcement.

These days you can't risk even a casual encounter with Leo as it may very well be your last. And for that reason I feel for Eric and his family. And all those before him who payed the unnecessary cost of their life at the hand of the enforcers. It's a bit hard to project your true feelings on a thread that moves so quickly so my apologies for the misunderstanding. Murder is murder...

It's easy to get swept away by emotion but don't misconstrue my intent or stance on the subject.

I've got just as much a dog in this fight as anyone. Lack of clarity and judgement withstanding being the devil in disguise...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have several friends who have been on 6th ave for most of the day today. My buddy last texted me around 11:00 and they were still there.

As an ex-New Yorker I followed this case closely and was hoping for some type of indictment. Even if the choke hold didn't kill him, it seems obvious to me that it was an excessive use of force on a guy who literally had his hands up as he was going to the ground.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Sad thing is, Brown deserved to die for his violent attack on officer Wison, but this Garner guy did not deserve to be choked out over selling Cigarettes.

So what we are left with is more contradicting emotional fueled confusion for the herds of reactionary Sheople. Perfect storm for a dirt bag piece of # like Al Sharpton to capitalize off of.

And the chaos continues, while the two different truths are buried under the weight of self entitled, irrational, reactionary race baiting criminals and idiotic white liberals who will soon be the victims of the hypocrites that they support.

Just ask the media how it worked out for them in Ferguson.The sad thing about all of this chaos, is nobody can fix stupid, because stupidity has become a plague here in America.

That was the plan anyway from the beginning, and Obama just signed a bill to bring even more imbeciles into the equation. Not their fault, just not educated that's all, so it's very easy for scum bags and liars to take advantage of these people who are just trying to survive and live.

Course you will only hear about their misfortunes at the hands of their heroes on YouTube, not from any puppet controlled media outlet, that anyone with a brain already knows is fueling all of this, no matter what the truth is in either case. Sad my friends, it's all very sad at the end of the day. ~$heopleNation

edit on 3-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Its not over America . One would imagine this could make the Mike Brown protests look like a 70s hippy sit in . Me thinks Esaw Garner has every right not to forgive .

www.9news.com.au...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: truckdriver42

"thug"
"got all tribal"
"You keep championing the lowest common denominator and soon enough the lowest common denominator is ruling the empire.. Oops, too late, Who is President? " Obviously referring to the President's color.

Got those KKK dues paid up?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm hearing some people say that Garner caused his own death. That's rather disingenuous.

Can we at least be honest in debate? No matter what side of this story you may fall on?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This…
Daniel Pantaleo smiles and waves to camera after killing Eric Garner

(Right-click to open in new window at fill size)

I just finished compiling that from this video - www.youtube.com...

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join