It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
This…
Daniel Pantaleo smiles and waves to camera after killing Eric Garner

(Right-click to open in new window at fill size)

I just finished compiling that from this video - www.youtube.com...

Yeah....um....not thinking he was a good guy here.

Daren Wilson = Justified
Mike Brown = Hasta La Vista

Garner??????? Ummmm, I dunno about all that.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

This…
Daniel Pantaleo smiles and waves to camera after killing Eric Garner

(Right-click to open in new window at fill size)

I just finished compiling that from this video - www.youtube.com...

Yeah....um....not thinking he was a good guy here.

Daren Wilson = Justified
Mike Brown = Hasta La Vista

Garner??????? Ummmm, I dunno about all that.

I don't care if I just killed someone who tried to kill ME.

I wouldn't be capable of cracking a smile.

I'd be too busy puking.

This should be Worrisome ; Ill stand by that.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Wow! In that video, the cop is talking to Garner, pretending to make eye contact, as if he thinks that Garner is playing possum, and not unconscious. Then the EMT does the same thing! Never checks his eyes or general well being, pretends to check his pulse, says "It's okay" (????) and that's it! No oxygen? No fibrillation, no sense of urgency, no neck protection, no nothing!

Wow! just wow!

And then, who are those "grave robbers", randomly taking what appears to be packs of cigarettes from the still, so they thought, distressed Garner, with no gloves and no appearance of documentation or evidence bags? WTH?

edit on 4-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How does one tell if a cigarette is taxed or not? Not only that before they wrestled him down he lifted his shirt up in protest that he had no cigarettes. Did they even find any? After they choked him out not one of them tried to revive him. Cops are trained in basic CPR. At that's NY finest? pfft.
edit on 4-12-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Yep. It doesn't look like he has many, if any packs of cigarettes in his pants, when he lifts his shirt to show them, certainly not as many packs as they were pulling out of his pants. I bet they were stuffing his pants with packs of cigarettes while they were holding him down. That's why there were so many of them on top of him for so long, I bet!

Scum bags!

edit on 4-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Many people out protesting now, and they are still holding signs that say "No Justice No Peace" Well, I haven't seen much justice yet. Maybe those signs should say " No Justice, duh,,ok"

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Yes, they found quite a few, and witnesses confirmed it. However who cares? Why was that much force required for cigarettes???

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Here's a reminder.

(FULL) Black Man KILLED After NYPD Cop Puts Him In CHOKEHOLD For Breaking Up a FIGHT

ohmygosh.
that is just horrible.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hope you are all paying your back taxes. If not, expect your door may get kicked down and you summarily executed.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I dont agree with the verdict or the method the officer employed.

A freaking choke hold? Every time I watched the video it seems more unprofessional. These officers are supposed to have years of rigorous training and yet resort to something that you'd see in the WWE. There are many forms of martial arts and techniques that are far less dangerous but just as effective.

There needs to be a review of officer training pronto. I realize in the heat of the moment things won't go to script, but that could easily be avoided if the training was more then a few sessions in the firing range and roughhousing 101. Being a cop is not just a job and should require stringent training, tutoring and guidelines so that these events will not happen in the future.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
From what I know about the case, I am astonished and disappointed that no charges are to be brought against the cop/cops in question.

The chokehold is illegal in NY, and should be illegal everywhere.

It is not how you successfully and safely restrain someone.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well this is how we're going to roll in to 2015. The coming year should be really interesting.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Even when caught on video murdering someone, there is no indictment. That is blue priveledge. The DA will purposely blow the grand jury proceedings for them. There should be a group of special prosecutors to handle only cases that involve police misconduct. The DA's are too cowardly to go after cops.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I remember seeing the footage on here a while back.
It is completely outrageous & disgusting that yet again other person is killed by police brutality.
The Milton Hall verdict was the other day - and now this.
It is completely unjustifiable and a sad day for humanity.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

poor git!!! I feel so sorry for him, he didn't deserve to die :-(

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

because the tax he wasn't paying paid the cops wages

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: beforemorning
On a constructive note, what can replace the dysfunctional grand jury system?

While the UK Police Complaints Commission is very flawed, it's better than nothing, so I would suggest something similar. I believe that in the UK every death at the hands of police results in an instant investigation by the IPCC, and they extend that to accusations of excessive force, and police brutality too.

I would change it in the US though, I believe this should be by areas of a state, and made up of the public. The only way to have accountability is to make the forces which serve the people accountable to those people - an officer working in a specific area should be answerable to those in that community, not answerable to no one, or to a shipped-in bunch of middle-class rich bitches from across town.

The biggest problem you have in the US right now is a complete lack of trust in policing from across the country, no one in their right mind is going to have faith in any man or woman in uniform, and it's going to cause a considerable problem in the future unless something is done to repair relations. You now have a whole generation of people completely rejecting the image of policing, and that does not bode well for the future.

Of course, it goes without saying that the US needs to remove military weapons from police forces across the country. Every state and city should have the resources to deal with genuine large scale problems, but seeing these crazy vehicles, LRAD, batons and sniper rifles being brought out in response to protests is just not acceptable. The police are directly provoking a more violent response when this happens. These "toys" should be locked up in secure storage until something that genuinely threatens the lives of citizens occurs. That's the only time such weapons should be facing off against the public.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ototheb85
a reply to: raymundoko

because the tax he wasn't paying paid the cops wages

Nah, the cops in NYC are paid (off) by JP Morgan. They have plenty of cash rolling in from their masters in order to protect their interests from the anger of the plebs. Just look at that tree lighting last night, the NYC cops were more interested in preventing any protestors from getting near it than they are interested in serving and protecting the citizens.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Usually I wouldn't watch a video of someone being killed, but I watched it to see what all the fuss is about... and seriously, WTF. That is actually crazy.

I don't think it was intentional murder, but it was most definitely manslaughter, and it was way beyond excessive force - no force was needed at all!

The fact that the entire incident was caught on camera and the cop got away with no charges is 100% proof that America is now a police state. Anyone who thinks otherwise is next level ignorant . Seriously, it beggars belief that anyone could deny it after this and the MB incident.

Conspiracy theory is now fact, and it's being televised for the whole world to see.

Good luck Americans. You're gonna need it by the looks of things.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm sure it was already mentioned in the thread, but I want to add my disgust and outrage to the fact that the only person arrested over this entire thing was the person that shot the video.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join