It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: No Charges in Eric Garner Chokehold Case for Officer

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

What is really weird is all the up roar when he did comment on those events, but now that he is deciding not to, same thing....

You either want him to say something or you don't, can't have it both ways.

And I don't care how he said it, he is a politician, double speak is all they know.
You would think you guys would be uses to it by now since it has been going on for decades.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

No, I'm really sure when he said "If I had a soon he'd look like Trayvon", he was talking ABOUT the case. You know the one. The case about Trayvon Martin. Regardless of whether they're personal remarks or not, they're still remarks ABOUT the case.

Sorry if you feel differently.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Annee

Yes. And at the Breitbart link, he talks about equality under the law and the police force, etc. NOTHING about the legal cases or investigations involved.

That's what I thought

Of course there'd be complaining if he didn't say anything.

It's really astounding that if Obama steps left - right - or stands still ----- he's always wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

No, I'm really sure when he said "If I had a soon he'd look like Trayvon", he was talking ABOUT the case.

That's talking as a parent.

Probably not the best wording, but still talking as a parent.

What else did he say that went along with that sentence?

Is this the full quote?

My main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said. "All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves." "Obviously, this is a tragedy. I can only imagine what these parents are going through," Obama said. "All of us have to do some soul searching to figure out how something like this has happened."

www.politico.com...
edit on 4-12-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yes. And at the Breitbart link, he talks about equality under the law and the police force, etc. NOTHING about the legal cases or investigations involved.

That's what I thought

It's really astounding that if Obama steps left - right - or stands still ----- he's always wrong.

Maybe that's because he usually *IS* wrong.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm not trying to bash Obama, jeeze. You say one thing that could be misconstrued as a swing at Obama and you're torn apart. Look, I voted for the dude. TWICE. I'll usually be the first to defend him on what he does or says. But what he said here is disingenuous. End of story.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How can he be wrong both ways though?
YOU made comments that he was wrong for speaking out in the brown case, then you make the comment that he was wrong for not speaking about this case?
You taking notes from barry on some double speak?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No, I'm really sure when he said "If I had a soon he'd look like Trayvon", he was talking ABOUT the case.

Here is the full transcript. He was asked about the case, but specifically declined to comment on it.

Well, I'm the head of the executive branch and the attorney general reports to me, so I've got to be careful about my statements to make sure that we're not impairing any investigation that's taking place right now.

Transcript

You're confusing the event with the legal case that followed. It was only AFTER Zimmerman was found not guilty that Obama commented on it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm not trying to bash Obama, jeeze. You say one thing that could be misconstrued as a swing at Obama and you're torn apart. Look, I voted for the dude. TWICE. I'll usually be the first to defend him on what he does or says. But what he said here is disingenuous. End of story.

End of the story from your point of view.

I see a parent talking in the quote you used.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

That's what I thought

c'mon, Annee...you've been here a few months longer than I have, and for the past few years this has been par for the course on ATS.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
How is New York now btw?.
Are demonstrations still going on?.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hmmm...I wonder what President Obama has to say about this case:

OBAMA ON GARNER: 'MY TRADITION IS NOT TO REMARK ON CASES'

In his remarks Wednesday on the non-indictment of the New York police officer who allegedly choked Eric Garner to death during a routine arrest, President Barack Obama claimed that he does not involve himself in such controversies. "My tradition is not to remark on cases where there may still be an investigation," he said.

MORE:
www.breitbart.com...

BS he had plenty to say about zimmerman.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

He talked about the Zimmerman case while it was still in court? Got a link?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hmmm...I wonder what President Obama has to say about this case:

OBAMA ON GARNER: 'MY TRADITION IS NOT TO REMARK ON CASES'

In his remarks Wednesday on the non-indictment of the New York police officer who allegedly choked Eric Garner to death during a routine arrest, President Barack Obama claimed that he does not involve himself in such controversies. "My tradition is not to remark on cases where there may still be an investigation," he said.

MORE:
www.breitbart.com...

That appears to be an opinion piece from the conservative right, with no actual facts.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Now you admit to blasphemy.

An even worse crime than being conservative.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

What is blasphemous about what I've said?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Did the NYTimes really say "white cop" as quoted in the OP? I cannot verify at the moment, but uf so, all I have to say is shame and unfreakingbelievable. As unfreakingbelievable as any idiots bringing Obama or any politics into this. You are as much the problem as whoever you decide to blame or rant about.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

a reply to: ausername

What is blasphemous about what I've said?

Nothing, from my perspective, but to those who worship him...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

How can he be wrong both ways though?
YOU made comments that he was wrong for speaking out in the brown case, then you make the comment that he was wrong for not speaking about this case?
You taking notes from barry on some double speak?

Obama is a well trained lawyer himself.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No, I'm really sure when he said "If I had a soon he'd look like Trayvon", he was talking ABOUT the case. You know the one. The case about Trayvon Martin. Regardless of whether they're personal remarks or not, they're still remarks ABOUT the case.

Sorry if you feel differently.

You do realize that the case would be 'Did Zimmerman use reasonable force and was the killing justified'. Etc etc.
Just saying "we have to do some soul searching" is talking about the incident or event, not the case.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join