It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Rest of the Technology?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I remember when we landed on the moon, I was in school and they brought a TV into the classroom so we could watch the landing.It was one of those new high tech fancy color TV`s , imagine that a color TV, I don`t remember if it even had a remote I don`t think they had been invented yet.
As I look around me today I realize that they haven`t really made any giant leaps in progress, at least not publicly, since then.
There is a huge difference between a WW1 biplane and a jet,it only took 30 years to make that leap in progress.
After we landed on the moon there was wild speculation about what we would accomplish in the next 30 years.By the year 2000 we were going to have flying cars, robot servants,dick tracy type wrist watches,etc.
All of those things and more seemed like a sure thing considering how fast we had progressed in the previous 40 years.
so, what happened? why has progress slowed to a snail pace?

Much of what we have today is built on 1970`s technology and research.
The space shuttle? 1970`s technology
automobile fuel injection and other sensors? 1970`s technology
Electricity generation and delivery? 1970`s and earlier technology
Medicine? with few exceptions doctors still rely on 1970`s and pre 1970`s diagnostic and treatment methods.
Passenger air transportation? still doing it the same way they did it in the 1940`s, aluminum skinned aircraft with engines mounted on the wings.the make them bigger now and put some jet engines on them but the are basically exactly the same as in the 1940`s.
Elevators? still working the same way they did in the 1800`s.
internal combustion engines? ancient technology,over 100 years old and still our main power source for transportation,running generators,lawnmowers, chainsaws etc.
electric motors? more ancient technology that has remained unchanged but we still find them everywhere.

I don`t believe we have become dumber as a species over the past 50 years so I have to assume that technology has continued to advance but it is being kept secret.
The only real advancements that seem to be released for public consumption is in the entertainment area, high tech distractions to keep us entertained.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: magnecore

Its a lot simpler than that. Its all about profit. This society is based on greed, so it really doesn't take a genius to figure out they are doing this deliberately. Planned obsolescence, constant upgrades, its all for profit. Makes more sense for them to release a starter set then get us to upgrade every year or so, with new software becoming increasingly incompatible with the old hardware it leaves you with little choice.

New technology is released when the public demands something new, and the existing stuff starts to lose profitability.

Any other theory is simply wishful thinking. This world is as shallow as it gets.
edit on 3-12-2014 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

...what? Are you blind or something? We've advanced enormously since the '70s. A Cray supercomputer from 1976 weighed five tons and required a Freon cooling system, but is laughably underpowered compared to a modern iPhone. My mid-level gaming rig would be the next closest thing to witchcraft compared to what the Apollo program used. Not to mention the level of storage available now, and the under-appreciated capability of the internet. Just about everyone in the US has a single device in their pocket that can not only make calls to anywhere on the planet, but access libraries and information beyond imagining, all at the touch of a finger.

Nobody appreciates what we've advanced to, because it happened gradually. You want breakthroughs like the Wright brothers, but those are rare. They're coming, of course, there are huge things brewing today in labs and minds, but it's not single world-changing mavericks anymore. The new breakthroughs will be cooperative efforts by hundreds, thousands of people, building on each other's work to make something completely new.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadeWolf

and what benefits do the public see from all that increased computer technology?

Iphones, fancy video games, facebook? lol

like I said the public only gets to see the technology that is meant to entertain them and distract them.we can`t have the sheeple asking too many hard questions that TPTB don`t want to answer.
When the computer folks drive to work to invent their latest shiny thing to upgrade Iphones they are driving to work on 100+ year old technology.

In just the 30 years after WW2 ended look at all the huge leaps in technology.
artificial heart
TV
nuclear power
MRI machine
CAT scan machine
space travel
sattilites
polio vaccine
those are just a few things off the top of my head, has anything in the last 30 years come close to comparing to any of those things?

edit on 3-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus
This is what Im talking about. All this computing power made so cheap to the public, billions of transistors packed into the palm of your hand for pocket change, but yet we cant make a solar panel efficient enough to compete with 100 year old coal technology.

I should be able to have a whole backyard with sun tracking photovoltaics complete with inverter an batteries for around $1000. Wheres that cheap chinese labor when you really need it?

Or how about massive funding for lenr res earch ? If there ia even a chance of it working wouldnt it be worth it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

What if the next "transistor" or "integrated circuit" level thing was just so big a jump it's totally disruptive?

What if back in, say, maybe around 1937 to 1945 things took a wild ass leap and you never saw it, but now it's far enough ahead that they don't really know how to break it to you?

I could see things diverging SO much in the deep that it might be hard to introduce. Not so much better computers, but something(s) so totally off and wonky it's nearly magical, but the sort of thing you've never had available as the basis for tech?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would guess that all the rest of the technology has been kept from the public. Why? They view us in an vs them manner, instead of we are all one evolved manner.
edit on 4-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yes, I have thought about that. What kind of crazy world would we be in if we were to have created organic transistors that could replicate and operate on digital logic? Could it be the orbs being sighted were actually created by us and were meant to be time ttravelin drones with A.I. that decided to pay us a visit?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You mean like little advancements like what Victor Klimov is doing over at Los Alamos. Coaxing virtual particles from the quantum sea into real life at will. One electron goes in, 7 come come out!

That energy production and circuitry isn't what we think it is and that people like whittaker had equations that were really close but just needed a little tweaking and some serious truth about the universe and quantum voodoo came out of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

You mean like little advancements like what Victor Klimov is doing over at Los Alamos. Coaxing virtual particles from the quantum sea into real life at will. One electron goes in, 7 come come out!

That energy production and circuitry isn't what we think it is and that people like whittaker had equations that were really close but just needed a little tweaking and some serious truth about the universe and quantum voodoo came out of it.

Hey that could be something like a big bang if they could do some more tweaking!

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   
anything is possible. or at least a lot more is possible than we are taught to think.

Bedlam is a serious expert in a lot of what he talks about and a lot of what he knows he can never talk about. So when he talks I always pay attention.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR
Just looked up that name. Did not realize that was going on. I have more reading to do. It seems we may be allowed to see what our money has been funding. At least partially.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

eep. Well, no comment, I think, on that line of discussion. How 'bout them Hornets?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I dunno about them hornets but the ND Vs Trojans game over the holiday weekend was great. How 'bout the weather lately? The rain finally stopped in Los Angeles. Damn near killed my plumerias.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The rain finally stopped in Los Angeles. Damn near killed my plumerias.

I missed all that. I'm back in NE Georgia for Thanksgiving, and it is real nice here. Sunshine, low 60s. Pretty leaves.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

So, Ive been doing some reading and it seems they are studying direct interaction with "the other side". If you break down our reality you reach a point where the game changes and our rules dont apply. However whatever is going on over on the other side has enough of a connection with our macro world that it can be manipulated.

So what we need to know is the best way to manipulate the "sea". Even if we cant explain what is going on the other side of the curtain, we can use it to our advantage.

So what we have here is witchcraft in a scientific setting. Or is there more to it than what Im gathering?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The way I look at it is that there is no other side. It's all one. The problem is, from my limited perceptions, that humans tend to look at things from our perspective and limited senses and forget the universe in not 3 dimensional. SO we've been this whole time misinterpreting reality to fit into our small little boxes of perception. And that's not how the universe works.

We've been interpreting how matter and energy work by doing the math and the theories in 3 dimensions or lacking certain elements in the equations when in reality the "circuit" is multidimensional. Once that part was figured out or "corrected" in the equations a whole lot was made possible. To us and our limited perceptions the circuit looks asymmetrical like it would never work because we don't perceive what's going on on the other side of the circuit. But it's complete. In reality our normal perceptions of how energy is transmitted/generated is really quite self defeating.

That's the very simplified gist of it.

Maybe one day we'll have matter generators like in star trek or "Q" like capabilities as a species.

edit on 4-12-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Great points.

When it comes down to it, I don't feel society is ready for the next big steps. It could be argued this is exacerbated by a paradigm controlled by greed, and probably accurately, but our species is struggling to act maturely with our current stage of technological development.

As I'm sure you know, these things are a double edged sword. Advancements can be used to grow together or dominate each other.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This all makes me think of the technological singularity, transhumanism, nanotechnology nanobot swarms making our reality look something like a holodeck even within our own bodies, and biotechnological super powers like various superheroes. Although these all seem very interesting they are just reformation of how we experience the infinate world around us, seeing limitation and seperation where indeed there is none and has never been any. Even things like time travel are in my opinion illusions as time itself is one, meaning all times are the same time the eternal present.

String theory tells us there are infinate parallel universes everywhere, most probably within the atoms themselves as CERN has found micro black holes in them. Meaning the universe itself is infinate both outside and within, the door swings both ways, or its a two way infinate street.

The big bang has told us the universe started the size of a tiny particle and now we are to believe its supermassive and infinate. I believe its still a particle and still ever expanding infinity.

The double slit experiment told us we are viewing something infinate as singular, its just a matter of perception/observation.

Consider for a moment that all is just infinate counsiousness the one taking on forms of the many, and the many are but the one, that realization that all is a singularity being the final goal of each and every sentient beings evolution much similar to the Q in star trek.

So these technologies are suppressed using the illusion of us vs them to further divide us out of fear of the truth which is that we are indeed infinate and we are all one. There is no them they are us, and the sooner we bring this realization to our society the sooner we enjoy that which has always been within us, for all technologies are made of the same god stuff we are, its just a matter of perception and time before we all become like Q.

edit on 5-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: magnecore
Trillions of dollars and 60 years worth of research tells me there is tech being built that is out of this world.

Of course there is. Do you think the government would be spending that much money on black projects if they don't get anything out of it in the end? I had a really neat site bookmarked (which I lost through a computer crash a couple of years ago) that gave you a gist of what the government was working on through declassified information. Granted, this page didn't have everything, but it gave you a glimpse of some of the things the government has worked on.

I really wish I still had that link to share!

I remember in a documentary around 2005ish which said the world we see in the movie with Will Smith, "I, Robot" was fully achievable as the technology was readily available. However, there was nothing promoting (read: make money) the construction of the tech we saw in the movie.

I also read somewhere some point in time that there are two tiers of technology: The one we civilians have, and the one the military has. The civilian tier is a hundred or more years behind the military tier. It'll take decades before it's slowly released into the public for average public use.

Anyone remember that tiny engine that the government wanted for their Hummers? It was the size of a small box yet produced something like 500 horsepower. It was showcased at several car shows, magazines, etc., yet after the government wanted it, they slowly disappeared from the main stream. No more car shows, magazines and the likes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join