It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Sin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm here to brag in the lord. For I have suffered so much that I believe i qualify for this scripture:

1 Peter 4:1 whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

I have suffered that much. My flesh has been crucified. 10 years on the line. I believe that this scripture applies to me and it means I can never sin again. This is the level of my suffering.

Now I just need to know what Sin is.

What is your opinion of what sin is? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Well now according to scripture I can never sin again even if I wanted to which I can't.

I guess i'm hoping that my suffering has provided me with a unique set of skills that are in requirement this very day and hour.

I can never sin according to the above scripture. Boast Boast.

Not really anything to boast about is it? Suffered done with sin. How much suffering to qualify for this scripture?

If the bible is true then i'm free and done with sin for eternity.

Boast.

Are you still a slave to sin?

Sin is pain as I understand then death.

What really is sin.

What have I become free of that others are still a slave to?

I have been tempered in the fires. I have been refined in raw fire. So how much is enough.

What other benefits does pain provide scriptually.

SOrry for boring you.

What is sin.

Am i truly free. Have i suffered enough.

You need love I guess because you can throw yourself on the fire but without love you gain nothing.

I hope I have love. To have suffered so much without only to gain nothing.

I hope I gain at least something from my suffering and tangle with sin and death.

Foster love in me.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: leeda
I'm here to brag in the lord. For I have suffered so much that I believe i qualify for this scripture:

1 Peter 4:1 whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

I have suffered that much. My flesh has been crucified. 10 years on the line. I believe that this scripture applies to me and it means I can never sin again. This is the level of my suffering.

Now I just need to know what Sin is.

What is your opinion of what sin is? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Well now according to scripture I can never sin again even if I wanted to which I can't.

I guess i'm hoping that my suffering has provided me with a unique set of skills that are in requirement this very day and hour.

I can never sin according to the above scripture. Boast Boast.

Not really anything to boast about is it? Suffered done with sin. How much suffering to qualify for this scripture?

If the bible is true then i'm free and done with sin for eternity.

Boast.

Are you still a slave to sin?

Sin is pain as I understand then death.

What really is sin.

What have I become free of that others are still a slave to?

I have been tempered in the fires. I have been refined in raw fire. So how much is enough.

What other benefits does pain provide scriptually.

SOrry for boring you.

What is sin.

Am i truly free. Have i suffered enough.

You need love I guess because you can throw yourself on the fire but without love you gain nothing.

I hope I have love. To have suffered so much without only to gain nothing.

I hope I gain at least something from my suffering and tangle with sin and death.

Foster love in me.

Sin is anything that goes against His commandment, and not just the 10, but all commandments in Scripture. That includes not keeping His Feasts, Sabaths and Laws

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
when I was growing up, I was told any physical difference was a sign of sin.

deformities etc. I have a heterochima and my Sister had anaridia. Eye problems/differences and so we were brought up with the belief that we were the product of sin...and deserved to be punished.

Needless to say, I despise religion.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

You believe you are supposed to follow all of the laws etc?

Including all of the ones in the Old Testament?

You do know some are pretty horrible? And some are flat out stupid?
edit on 12-1-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
sin is a button on the calculization machine that i dont know what it does...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If you follow the scriptures (bible), then sin is not following the laws and the commandments.
But in my opinion sin is doing things that goes against the laws of nature, living a life of immorality.
Example: (this is just an example, I don't meant to accused anybody)
A hunter killing an animal just for sports, and not because he need to eat. He just wanted to hang the head in the wall the rest is wasted.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Where a catholic education gets into your head - which its supposed to do - is when as a young child one is told that even to think a bad thought e.g. something that pops into your head possibly through association etc you have sinned b efore you can use your power of discernment.

Now when you make a person believe that that is a sin you have a wicked stranglehold over someone's mind probably even more wicked that their original thought.

The laws of many lands cover the commandments and many more, put down before christianity or judaism originated which shows that man was perfectly civilised and able to formulate his life and society prior to the introduction of monotheism so in fact religion probably only ended up inflicting people with pain and guilt and serves literally no purpose at all, except control of the masses. The last little venture into mind control coming with the idea that blind faith was quite enough for heaven - a clever move designed to stop people from thinking, using their own power of discernment and judging for themselves and such an easy move which turned the pious into moronic sheep for the elite to manipulate.

Religions money is circulated through the bankers and vica versa but we never get to stop of miseries of the poorer people and elevate them out of poverty by investment - do we with this current system in place?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The more you suffer, the hardest it is to go through the trouble of committing the act of sin itself, whether it be for control to say or make people think more highly of you (Pride), or going out of your way to manipulate people to get what you want or who you want - like your desires. Those are just just two examples.

Eventually the act itself becomes not worth it because the going through the trouble often results in you hurting your Pride until finally you let go of your Pride and choose to not sin, because you know in your heart that it's the right thing to do. Every suffering has it's own unique lessons.

It is more easily said than done though. OP, you should read Matthew 26:41.
edit on 1-12-2014 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Apparently being left handed is a sin.

I am marked as a goat and thus must be on the left side which is everything terrible or so the good book goes on to say.

Just being me is a sin enough i guess.

The unfavorable associations and connotations of the use of the left hand among cultures are varied. In some areas, in order to preserve cleanliness where sanitation was an issue, the right hand, as the dominant hand of most individuals, was used for eating, handling food, and social interactions. The left hand would then be used for personal hygiene, specifically after urination and defecation. These rules were imposed on all, no matter their dominant hand. Through these practices, the left hand became known as the "unclean" hand.[19] Currently, amongst Muslims and in some societies including Nepal and India it is still customary to use the left hand for cleaning oneself with water after defecating. The right hand is commonly known in contradistinction from the left, as the hand used for eating.[20] In many religions, including Christianity, the right hand of God is the favored hand. For example, Jesus sits at God's right side. God's left hand, however, is the hand of judgement. The Archangel Gabriel is sometimes called "God's left hand", sits at God's left side, and is one of six angels of death. Those who fall from favor with God are sent to left, as described in Matthew 25: 32–33, in which sheep represent the righteous and goats represent the fallen: "And he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. And he shall set the sheep on his right, but the goats on his left." In 19th-century Europe, homosexuals were referred to as "left-handed", whilst in Protestant nations, Roman Catholics were called "left-footers".[21] Black magic is sometimes referred to as the "left-hand path", which is strongly associated with Satanism.[citation needed] Various innocuous activities and experiences become rude or even signs of bad luck when the left hand becomes involved. In some parts of Scotland, it is considered bad luck to meet a left-handed person at the start of a journey.[22] In Ghana, pointing, gesturing, giving or receiving items with the left hand is considered taboo or rude. A person giving directions will put their left hand behind them and even physically strain to point with their right hand if necessary.[23] In some Asian countries, holding eating utensils in the left hand is considered impolite.

And that's what i get for being a goat. Excluded from the Holy Righty club. Where all the right handed people hangout behind the perly gates.
edit on 1-12-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
i just wanted to throw this in, But Christianity sucks. And having to live with this right handed crap shoved down my throat is pissing me off.

It's oppressive. It's like, i have to deal with the B.S that gets thrown at me on a daily basis and then there's this guy named Jesus proclaiming to be the right hand of God. Pure, divine and holy. The hand that feeds and cloths. Then there's that nasty left hand that scorches the Earth.

You know what, I'd Rather be the left. That way you can put all those superstitions to use. Judgement, sorcery witches ect. What ever those winged pigeons throw at me i won't care.

So there you have it. Me thinking the JC bunch are a bunch of prejudice cultists enforcing bias's in peoples minds basically makes me a sinner.
Because i don't love Jesus. Not for this. This is degrading on every level of how i identify myself.

So i don't care if that lands me in *Hell* I was already headed there anyways. And if not. I would of been a human foot-stool for some right handed favorable of *God*.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
This whole thing people have about sins is so empty of love. I hope people get past it one day.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

sin1
sɪn/
noun
an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.
"a sin in the eyes of God"
synonyms: immoral act, wrong, wrongdoing, act of evil/wickedness, transgression, crime, offence, misdeed, misdemeanour, error, lapse, fall from grace; More

That still doesn't tell us what sin is, because it doesn't tell us the divine law. The only law necessary thanks to Jesus' sacrifice is the divine law of love.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8New International Version (NIV)

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
religious people won't touch the left handed issue with a 50 foot pole because it's all 100% true.

And that makes me a heratic spewing blasphemies? In whoes eyes? The accuser or the accused?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
sin is a button on the calculization machine that i dont know what it does...

Its also a girls name,

man was she Hot, maybe that why they called her Sin, because one would do all sorts of sins to be with her.

Dark hair, black like the shadows that the darkness hides in,

Brown eyes that with one glace have you under her spell.

A body that Elle McPherson would die for.

Her scent made roses smell like flatulence in comparison.

Sin, the name of a girl, I would say she is an angel here in disguise with a name that many would say comes from evil.

Just one look of her and you have a glance into heaven.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Please tell me which ones you are referring to?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: IndependentAgent

You believe you are supposed to follow all of the laws etc?

Including all of the ones in the Old Testament?

If you say that we don't have to follow the OT laws, then is it okay to commit incest, sodomy, intercourse with another man's wife, intercourse with a beast, and many more of those sins?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I'm actually against sexual prominscuity and to me it is unclean and gross.

If a girl tells me she had a bunch of lovers it's an extreme turn off. Sure a girl can appear *nice* looking on the outside.
But that's what the rapper is for, You can't tell how old candy is if there's no expirey date, and why would i eat candy that's been unwrapped and wrapped again several times by different people? Would you ask each person in a lineup at a bank to hold your sandwitch *with the right hand of course in order to not be a sin against God*

before you take a bite? Most people would answer no. But since humans have feelings we can't refer to woman as sandwhiches because woman make sandwhiches not people....Wait scratch that they make both * sometimes on purpose sometimes its forced on them*

But i guess lust is something the vast majority of people suffer from. And that's fine. They can live their life the way they want just as long as they don't get any DNA on me. That stuff can permenantly mess you up for life given if it enters the body. Just my personal oppinion tho. Don't look to me for relationship advice because im not the kind of person who enjoys relationships or wasting my time on people, People bore me to easily and i don't have the pacience for dealing with their crap and neither do i have the pacience for putting my crap on other people.

But this is a forum and we are venting about sin, what it is and how it effects our daily lives.
Im about 30 minutes from the clamedia capital of the world (Whisler British,Columbia).
So yeah lots of woman look nice. I just wouldn't bed most of the girls i encounter lol. No woman is worth a disease. Ever. Unless shes worth it, i have yet to meet someone who fills that role. But im not looking to hard because i don't expect much.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Baptism is the process of involution into the material world (water / Jordan). Jesus made proclamation to the spirits in prison after his death. We were each one of those spirits.

1 Peter 3
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Baptism allow us to rise to new life, which is what you have done. The Hebrew word Chet is Sin, which means missing the mark. Salvation is hitting the mark, which is the letter Tav.

If you want to know the whole story, read my threads, but realize I have one more to write. My recent doubt has turned to a stronger faith than ever before. My last threads explored the final part of the mystery of Christ, which I have now solved. I'll get to that last thread later tonight.

Reality Spoilers - Baptism is Noah and the Flood

edit on 1-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Judeochristianity ''borrowed'' a lot from ancient pagans (myths, philosophies, rituals, views of life) and changed their meaning to serve their own lesser understanding.
In the unethical and anti-moral concept of Yahweh, sin is a punishable act you do against your creator, (although you were created by him so everything wrong you do is somehow his fault too.)

In ancient Greek thought, sin was looked upon as, in essence, a failure on the part of a person to achieve his true self-expression and to preserve his due relation to the rest of the universe; it was attributed mainly to ignorance.

Which one sounds right to you?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join