It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Sin?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: InhaleExhale

i wish you the best in your ventures, It's not easy living a life free of corruption.
Hopefully you find that someone who deserves a family with you.

And hopefully you find another pure person, so that your children and your childrens children arn't inflicted with Viruses.

Thank you for your wishes, its not easy living any sort of life.

I don't see purity and impurity as something that will stand in the way of love from my perspective as love makes everything pure, even the so called evil and so called impure can be pure.

I am not free from corruption simply because I have yet to have sex with another.

In the modern world its impure for a 36 year old male to be a virgin to most so in many people eyes I am impure.

I haven't lived a life free of corruption otherwise I would not know or understand what it is to be corrupt.

All the best on your journey, I sence our paths will cross again here on ATS

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Examine the Sin Symbol. It is a part of Wisdom. S or Sh is the sound.

What we have been told about the word Sin is a deception. Rules are there to follow but Sin is not related. We need to follow rules to keep civility and to keep us from having problems in society. That is not disputable, we can not leave the evil people and those who desire to steal from us or harm us gain power.

Some of the rules were also made to keep our kind from getting sick, disregaurd of this has been labeled a sin. But Sin is actually wisdom. Sometimes this wisdom sidetracks us from our needs. So they made a rule not to worship material things. They also called this a sin. Our society here in America has gone astray, we are hooked on material things and would destroy the world to gain more material things that we do not need. We would destroy the worlds ability to provide for us.

We are born with Sin, it was given to us by some being in the garden. But wisdom is not learned in school, it is something we learn from experience, from living and suffering. We only gained the ability to comprehend and learn by heredity, how we use this gift is important. If we use it the right way we can benefit mankind, if we use it wrongly we rape future generations for personal gain and make people suffer. Suffering is a necessary part of Wisdom but too much suffering can make us hateful and dishonest also. Those who run this world presently are not of god. They want to make more of their kind.

We do not have to follow the path of deceit just because we were born of Sin. The sin symbol looks like a W yet it is not pronounced as it looks in much of the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
We all sin everyday sometimes by accident sometimes on purpose, minor sin, stubbing your toe because if you were perfect your co-ordination would be perfect and it just wouldn't happen.

Major sin is like adultery, which is usually pre-planned.

Both can be forgiven, but everybody sins everyday, it is the stuff we do that we wouldn't if we had total perfection of character, inherited sin make us all flawed and sinners.

so being flawed is a bad thing. that's a wonderful thing to teach to our kids. God is unhappy with you because you have a lazy eye, accept jesus as your eternal master or burn forever.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda

Now I just need to know what Sin is. What is your opinion of what sin is? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord.

You have not said what your doctrine of faith is. Are we to assume that you are speaking of Christianity? If you are then
regardless of what you think, you do not make the covenants. God makes the covenants and either you agree or disagree with His proposals. God has a perfect will and a permissive will. Under the new covenant of Christ Jesus all of the law was taught by Jesus and then some. The law is still the law but the penalties are the covenants. The laws cannot change from being the perfect will of the Father but only the permissive will of the Father can be changed through grace. You can never be sin free till you have shed the garment of terrestrial life.

The spirit controls the body of flesh. Therefore when the flesh perishes it is the spirit which is judged. Any thought or action of the spirit to the flesh which is not the perfect will of the Father God is a sin. It is impossible to be sin free in the flesh. Every man, woman and child sins every day of their life while in the flesh. Sin is sin except for the sin of rejecting God. Rejecting the existence of God is unforgivable and punishable by the second death. All other sin can be forgiven if there is repentance of that sin by the spirit.

No one can be rewarded by repentance or action of the flesh. All sin is forgiven by grace (gift). Not reward. It simply does not work that way. You cannot get points added or subtracted. You do not graduate with age and old people are just as bad as young people. All will be judged as a conscious spirit and immediately sentenced at death of the soul. You can not barter with God. That is one of the most common misconceptions. What I have written is of the doctrine of Jesus and not knowing your belief it is best to stop here.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

so being flawed is a bad thing. that's a wonderful thing to teach to our kids. God is unhappy with you because you have a lazy eye, accept jesus as your eternal master or burn forever.

I realize where you come from but God is not to blame for most infirmities. People are to blame for people. Infirmities of the flesh are due to ignorance of people. Everything from environment to food and actions of war which produce disease and poverty. Many infirmities are not the fault of the person but of their predecessors. Some are self deserving while others can be faults of others such as bad medical advise or practice, but all in all it is still people are to blame for people.

God does not interfere with the gift that He gave us as our own free will. He may or may not intervene but He does not interfere or change His permissive will. Due to war I am flawed myself. God had nothing to do with it. It was people and sin by people that caused my being really messed up. My neighbor has a mentally challenged child. Again that is the fault of people and could have been the result of many years of environment and nourishment or again it could be the result of parents but I am convinced that it is not the perfect will of God. Misuse of drugs and alcohol may be shown in the future generations without them knowing the cause of their being afflicted but it still is the results of the freedom that people want and demand. Then what am I saying? God did not make you. Your parents made you. Why then blame God? God created people as perfect and people messed it all up when they made other people.

As far as burning forever. We make that decision ourselves, not God. Once again, God did not make you. Your parents made you with their own free choice. Why blame God for what your parents did? God might have known because of His foreknowledge but He most certainly is not to blame for our actions.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

God does not interfere with the gift that He gave us as our own free will.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

But he does: Cataclysm, Sodom and Gomorrah, tower of Babel, Egyptian plagues, various miracles, etc.

He interfered many times in the past, but somehow didn't want to do so with the Nazis, and the free will of Hitler...mmm

edit on MonMon, 01 Dec 2014 14:24:18 -06001PMkuMondaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow this thread makes my head throb...

And some of our members answers made it even worse... sigh

OP I would have to say "Sin is going against love"

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

That still doesn't tell us what sin is, because it doesn't tell us the divine law. The only law necessary thanks to Jesus' sacrifice is the divine law of love.

Showing sin and promoting sin are two distinct opposites. Showing sin comes as the result of choice. If there were no choice then sin may not exist but as with all life which has choice it then was given knowledge to either commit sin or restrain sin.

Isa_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Without knowing what evil is then evil cannot be accredited. All creation has opposites of all thought and action. Without showing light then how could one understand darkness? By choice, how could one understand righteousness without understanding unrighteousness? That is impossible. Sin must be shown to understand sinless. Being perfect means to be sinless and that was the perfect will of God in His creation. To have choice you must have both equations shown or it cannot be true. This is why evil (sin) must be created and shown. It is a teaching tool that is required to teach the laws (permissive will) of the Creator. Once it is shown and taught and accepted then it becomes perfect will. There is no permissive will in the kingdom of God. Only love by choice can exist in the kingdom of heaven. Law does not exist in the kingdom of God. Only perfect will through forgiveness of past practice will exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
For me the duality I choose to divide holy vs sin is the:
"Symbiotic action for all by all involved" vs "service for all for one few".

Every action I/you make can be measured on this scale and will be a very objective way of seeing if my/your action is for the good of all that exists or is harming something/someone. This measurement can be used on all religions to see how the scripture measure up against the golden rule. My way of measuring the fruits of a tree.

Oneness is the highest level of symbiosis where everyone act for the good of all/everything.

Namaste
edit on 1-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: leeda
I'm here to brag in the lord. For I have suffered so much that I believe i qualify for this scripture:

1 Peter 4:1 whoever suffers in the body is done with sin. .......................................

The definition of sin is missing or falling short of the mark of maturity.ALL of mankind were born in this condition.The amalgamation of all of a persons experiences form their belief in faith of “their “Belief System” religion which is “sin”that misses or falls short of the mark of maturity.ALL of mankind perceives their life “through” their Belief System(BS) religion because it is their nature and character (their name).What a person does is always according to their nature and is their character.

A persons BS religion blinds them to reality so they cannot perceive the truth.Everything they believe and do is based in the foundation of their “Belief System”.In other words sin is your nature.It is impossible for YOU to change your nature and to do anything but what is according to your character however your experiences form your Belief System which is the way you “perceive” life.In other words a persons Belief System (through experiences) do change however it is ALL false perception of the truth of reality.The Truth cannot be perceived through belief it can only be known.The truth cannot be learned through experiences either it can only be revealed by the creator God and then it is “known”.

That is a dilemma however ,that is mans nature and the creator God is acutely aware of it because that is how they created mankind.The fact is mankind present “nature” is sin…immaturity because they have not been born yet.The physical realm is the valley of the shadows of death because all life in the physical realm ends in death and it is ALL a part of the process called salvation(deliverance).Mankind (and all of creation) is in the process of being conceived in the womb of the physical realm.

The Good News is ALL of mankind “will” be delivered from the realm of death(Hades) into a resurrection of LIFE (spirit)which is the kingdom of the creator God realm that is beyond ALL knowing and experience in the physical realm.The nature of sin is in accordance to the realm mankind “lives” in.It will ALL pass away and none of the process will be achieved by any of “mans” efforts at all.Mankind is being conceived in the womb and just as they had ZERO to do with their conception and growth in the womb they have zero to do with this conception and growth either.

When you cease to suffer(the Greek word pascho which means to be affected by a sensible experience) this life you will no longer have a sin nature.......Peter was an optimistic pessimist.

edit on 1-12-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Just to add to your thread.

In the Bible Sinai is in the Wilderness of Sin (old Bible name for Sinai Peninsula). Mount SINai.

This is where the Hebrews were left to wander in limbo while being trained to be a nation by YHWH. We have all the stories of their naughtiness during their forty years in the wilderness.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

He interfered many times in the past, but somehow didn't want to do so with the Nazis, and the free will of Hitler...mmm

You took the entire intent out of context. I did not say in context what you have written. The following is what I said.

"God does not interfere with the gift that He gave us as our own free will. He may or may not intervene but He does not interfere or change His permissive will."

The subject matter was that God does not interfere with the gift of free will. You have accused the Creator as to manipulation of free will and that is not true nor what i said in context. God does intervene in matters at various times but does not take free will from the equation. Permissive will is the allowance of action by choice. Because an action of man is not the perfect will of the Creator does not mean that choice has been denied. Hitler had never been denied his free will regardless of what his actions were. The results of Hitler's actions from the permissive will (choice) were not denied but countered with others who also had free will and action of the opposite. God has never denied choice which was shown by free will.

But he does: Cataclysm, Sodom and Gomorrah, tower of Babel, Egyptian plagues, various miracles, etc. He interfered many times in the past, but somehow didn't want to do so with the Nazis, and the free will of Hitler...mmm Text

The above is not denying choice of free will. I had postulated that God does intervene (influence) events at times but He does not interfere or deprive choice. If He had intervened then the action would not necessarily have the effect of the perpetrator and then it could be said that He influenced a situation that has already materialized. God does not prevent choice but can counter a situation with another situation or interfere with the results of a choice. Influencing a situation in progress is not the same as interfering with a choice of that mind.

In the case of Sodom and Gomorrah, Tower of Babel, Egyptian Plagues, etc., God did not prevent those situations from happening because they were situations of choice from men and must materialize before they are happenings. Otherwise they are thoughts only and not deeds. After Hitler's thoughts became deeds then they became realistically dealt with by God but God never took that freedom of choice from Hitler or from any life form.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ah yes sin.. what would religion be without it? If there's nothing to fix, then religion is kinda pointless.

Anyway, here's how i've come to understand sin:

Sin is simply to mistake who and what you are.

Here's how Paul puts it in Romans 8:

5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.

So it's a matter of what governs your life: is it spirit, or is it 'flesh'. Most of us identify with the physical aspect of our being, and kindof neglect the spiritual bit. Well according to Paul that's what death is, as well as sin. You're mistaking your identity. The only thing that truly qualifies as 'life' and 'truth' is spirit. Anything else isn't that true life. And therefore identifying with anything else is sin. You're missing the mark.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

The multiple commandments about killing a person for this or that reason. Such as if he or she is a homosexual. Or a witch. Or a non believer. Or a disobedient child. (See thread in my sig for more details of the horrible side of God's commandments) Some of the stupid ones include not eating shellfish, or not mixing fabrics. Oh and always wearing tassels on your clothes.

Kill people who don't listen to Priests. (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Kill witches. (Exodus 22:17)
Kill fortunetellers. (Leviticus 20:27)
Kill homosexuals. (Leviticus 20:13)
Kill nonbelievers. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)
Kill followers of other religions. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12, Deuteronomy 17:2-5)
Kill false prophets. (Deuteronomy 13:1-5, 18:20-22, Zechariah 13:3)
Kill an entire town if anyone there worships another God. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Kill women who are not virgins on their wedding night. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Kill people working on the Sabbath. (Exodus 31:12-15)
Kill sons of sinners. (Isaiah 14:21)
Kill in the name of the Lord. (Jeremiah 48:10)

Death for striking parents. (Exodus 21:15)
Death for cursing parents. (Leviticus 20:9, Proverbs 20:20)
Death for fornication. (Leviticus 21:9)
Death for adultery. (Leviticus 20:10)
Death for blasphemy. (Leviticus 24:10-16)
Death to followers of other religions. (Exodus 22:19)

edit on 12-1-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

Yes, he does. He hardened Pharaoh's heart against him when Pharaoh was considering letting God's chosen people go. He hardened his heart and then he punished all of Egypt for it. God also sends strong delusions on those who choose not to believe in him. The strong delusion is so that they may believe lies. In my mind this is more free will manipulation. Deluding people so they believe lies would only make it harder for them to find their way to him. Oh and then he destroys their soul in hell because of it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent
If you say that we don't have to follow the OT laws, then is it okay to commit incest, sodomy, intercourse with another man's wife, intercourse with a beast, and many more of those sins?

If we all come from Adam and Eve are we not all the product of incest?

As an atheist I do not think we need an old dusty set of beliefs to determine right from wrong. Speaking about it from a Biblical perspective I think it's safe to say Jesus is nothing like God and most of his teachings don't lead one to believe the things you mentioned above as sins would be ok.
edit on 12-1-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Jesus is nothing like the so called god of the OT...

Lets just be clear on that...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

I totally agree!

And your views on Paul are worth noting here too I think.
edit on 12-1-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

And don't forget that since she came from adams rib, eve was genetically male. we all came from two brothers in a forest. i read that somewhere on here...oh yes, peter vlar said it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join