It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is Sin?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlephBet
a reply to: leeda

Baptism is the process of involution into the material world (water / Jordan). Jesus made proclamation to the spirits in prison after his death. We were each one of those spirits.

1 Peter 3
18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, 22 who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Baptism allow us to rise to new life, which is what you have done. The Hebrew word Chet is Sin, which means missing the mark. Salvation is hitting the mark, which is the letter Tav.

If you want to know the whole story, read my threads, but realize I have one more to write. My recent doubt has turned to a stronger faith than ever before. My last threads explored the final part of the mystery of Christ, which I have now solved. I'll get to that last thread later tonight.

Reality Spoilers - Baptism is Noah and the Flood

You have just said a lot of things, without actually saying anything. What does that have to do with the question of sin?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndependentAgent

originally posted by: leeda
I'm here to brag in the lord. For I have suffered so much that I believe i qualify for this scripture:

1 Peter 4:1 whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

I have suffered that much. My flesh has been crucified. 10 years on the line. I believe that this scripture applies to me and it means I can never sin again. This is the level of my suffering.

Now I just need to know what Sin is.

What is your opinion of what sin is? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Well now according to scripture I can never sin again even if I wanted to which I can't.

I guess i'm hoping that my suffering has provided me with a unique set of skills that are in requirement this very day and hour.

I can never sin according to the above scripture. Boast Boast.

Not really anything to boast about is it? Suffered done with sin. How much suffering to qualify for this scripture?

If the bible is true then i'm free and done with sin for eternity.

Boast.

Are you still a slave to sin?

Sin is pain as I understand then death.

What really is sin.

What have I become free of that others are still a slave to?

I have been tempered in the fires. I have been refined in raw fire. So how much is enough.

What other benefits does pain provide scriptually.

SOrry for boring you.

What is sin.

Am i truly free. Have i suffered enough.

You need love I guess because you can throw yourself on the fire but without love you gain nothing.

I hope I have love. To have suffered so much without only to gain nothing.

I hope I gain at least something from my suffering and tangle with sin and death.

Foster love in me.

Sin is anything that goes against His commandment, and not just the 10, but all commandments in Scripture. That includes not keeping His Feasts, Sabaths and Laws

If you knew the first thing about Christian beliefs and what the bible teaches, then you would know that according to the old testament all you needed to do is live by the 10 commandants to enter the kingdom of heaven.

But then God realized that everyone was just simply following the rules and not giving his power tripping ego any respect, so God decided to abolish the 10 commandants all together and send Jesus down to suffer for the sins of all of humankind.

He then decided that anyone could enter the kingdom of heaven, as long as they had faith in God and repented for their sins before they kicked the bucket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it’s a complete load of crap (imho) and just quite simply feeble minded to believe an all knowing and enlightened superior entity would just change his mind like that, but it is what the bible preaches.

Personally though, as a person who doesn't believe in any of this nonsense, I just live my life using basic courtesy and the common sense of treating others with the same respect as I would expect to be treated myself.

My life experience indicates to me that nothing comes after we die and this existence is all that there is. But by any chance that I am wrong and we are in some simulation that’s been created to test our moral integrity, then I feel that living your life by using common sense and treating others with a basic common courtesy and respect will cover all bases and I should be laughing when my day comes.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I'm actually against sexual prominscuity and to me it is unclean and gross.

I am a Virgin and believe Sex is for creation and our minds have much power than most believe possible.

But i guess lust is something the vast majority of people suffer from.

I wouldn't say suffer, it might be in your opinion but not in the ones "suffering" from it.

I just wouldn't bed most of the girls i encounter lol. No woman is worth a disease. Ever. Unless shes worth it, i have yet to meet someone who fills that role. But im not looking to hard because i don't expect much.

Then we have more in common that I want to acknowledge, but I just have.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: IndependentAgent

Again, I'll remind you to be honest. Is Chet the Hebrew word for sin, meaning missing the mark? Is Tav the mark to hit?

Please be honest with us as I have been honest. Do your search, then let us know what you find. to the above. Below, here is the rest of the answer. I want to hear about the first comment above before you answer the next part.

Search the Aleph Tav and what it means as a mark in scripture, then review Revelation 1:

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Was: Yahweh - Is: Christ - Is to Come: Almighty King

All of them Lord, servant of God the Father (Elohim).

1 Corinthians 15

20 But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead, the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man. 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in turn: Christ, the firstfruits; then, when he comes, those who belong to him. 24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Who is God the Father? Yahweh? No, not the Lord, but Elohim from Genesis 1 and Ruach Elohim from Genesis 2. Sin is what Yahweh willingly became for us. He took on the first sin so we would remain blameless. The Cross was payment for that shedding of Adam's blood to divide the image.

Genesis 9 (Words of Elohim)

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.

edit on 1-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

i wish you the best in your ventures, It's not easy living a life free of corruption.
Hopefully you find that someone who deserves a family with you.

And hopefully you find another pure person, so that your children and your childrens children arn't inflicted with Viruses.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
"Sin" is the Akkadian moon god.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: leeda
I'm here to brag in the lord. For I have suffered so much that I believe i qualify for this scripture:

1 Peter 4:1 whoever suffers in the body is done with sin.

I have suffered that much. My flesh has been crucified. 10 years on the line. I believe that this scripture applies to me and it means I can never sin again. This is the level of my suffering.

What is your opinion of what sin is? For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord.

Well now according to scripture I can never sin again even if I wanted to which I can't.

I guess i'm hoping that my suffering has provided me with a unique set of skills that are in requirement this very day and hour.

I can never sin according to the above scripture. Boast Boast.

Not really anything to boast about is it? Suffered done with sin. How much suffering to qualify for this scripture?

If the bible is true then i'm free and done with sin for eternity.

Boast.

Are you still a slave to sin?

Sin is pain as I understand then death.

What really is sin.

What have I become free of that others are still a slave to?

I have been tempered in the fires. I have been refined in raw fire. So how much is enough.

What other benefits does pain provide scriptually.

SOrry for boring you.

What is sin.

Am i truly free. Have i suffered enough.

You need love I guess because you can throw yourself on the fire but without love you gain nothing.

I hope I have love. To have suffered so much without only to gain nothing.

I hope I gain at least something from my suffering and tangle with sin and death.

Foster love in me.

Sin is anything that goes against His commandment, and not just the 10, but all commandments in Scripture. That includes not keeping His Feasts, Sabaths and Laws

If you knew the first thing about Christian beliefs and what the bible teaches, then you would know that according to the old testament all you needed to do is live by the 10 commandants to enter the kingdom of heaven.

But then God realized that everyone was just simply following the rules and not giving his power tripping ego any respect, so God decided to abolish the 10 commandants all together and send Jesus down to suffer for the sins of all of humankind.

He then decided that anyone could enter the kingdom of heaven, as long as they had faith in God and repented for their sins before they kicked the bucket.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, it’s a complete load of crap (imho) and just quite simply feeble minded to believe an all knowing and enlightened superior entity would just change his mind like that, but it is what the bible preaches.

Personally though, as a person who doesn't believe in any of this nonsense, I just live my life using basic courtesy and the common sense of treating others with the same respect as I would expect to be treated myself.

My life experience indicates to me that nothing comes after we die and this existence is all that there is. But by any chance that I am wrong and we are in some simulation that’s been created to test our moral integrity, then I feel that living your life by using common sense and treating others with a basic common courtesy and respect will cover all bases and I should be laughing when my day comes.

Heb_10:28 "Anyone who has disregarded the Torah of Mosheh dies without compassion on the witness of two or three witnesses."

There is 3 sets of religious people in the World today. 1- Jews that follow the Laws in fear of punishment. 2- Christians that does not follow the Laws because the cling unlimited forgiveness. 3- People that understand that you can not have only on side of the coin, but understand that there is both punishment and forgiveness, mercy and grace.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Baptism allow us to rise to new life, which is what you have done. The Hebrew word Chet is Sin, which means missing the mark. Salvation is hitting the mark, which is the letter Tav.

So sin is the meaning of a Hebrew Letter........
That is the only thing you have said about sin, but has offered no explanation as to what sin is....

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You believe you are supposed to follow all of the laws etc?

Including all of the ones in the Old Testament?

You do know some are pretty horrible? And some are flat out stupid?

If you say that we don't have to follow the OT laws, then is it okay to commit incest, sodomy, intercourse with another man's wife, intercourse with a beast, and many more of those sins?

a lot of "christians" do those things.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

any connection?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Conceptually, sin can be a confusing topic to qualify. An important component of sin appears to be intent. I base this off of James 4:17, which says,"If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn't do it, it is sin for them." This implications of this verse are pretty staggering. It's inverse absolves those who do not possess the knowledge or ability to differentiate between right and wrong from committing acts of sin, for "they know not what they do." But for those individuals who can differentiate between right and wrong, and willfully choose not to do what is right, they act against God's word and commit sin.

In short, Intent seems to play a significant role in defining sin. What is an act of sin for you may not be an act of sin for your neighbor, depending on your level of knowledge and understanding of right and wrong, your level of communion with God, your intent, and your will.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

You believe you are supposed to follow all of the laws etc?

Including all of the ones in the Old Testament?

You do know some are pretty horrible? And some are flat out stupid?

If you say that we don't have to follow the OT laws, then is it okay to commit incest, sodomy, intercourse with another man's wife, intercourse with a beast, and many more of those sins?

a lot of "christians" do those things.

The fact that you said "Christians", shows that they are false believers
Read my post on the three kinds of people..
edit on 1-12-2014 by IndependentAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

Can you please tell us if God can contradict Himself?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

10,000 people out of 7 billion plus seems pretty wasteful. doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

10,000 people out of 7 billion plus seems pretty wasteful. doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

To what post were you responding?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

any connection?

Maybe.
The origin of Sin and the Queen of Heaven...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

sin cos you then get a tan. There was no sun in the garden of eden...adam wanted a tan so he listened to the missus and they walked out on god and got a tan

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
sin is a button on the calculization machine that i dont know what it does...

Why Sin? Just cos...

Brag in the lord... bit like "I'm here to brag in Santa. I'm nice, but what is naughty? Will I still get a present?"

Only the elves know. And they ain't telling...

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I thought just being born was a sin!

Yeah for Original Sin!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
We all sin everyday sometimes by accident sometimes on purpose, minor sin, stubbing your toe because if you were perfect your co-ordination would be perfect and it just wouldn't happen.

Major sin is like adultery, which is usually pre-planned.

Both can be forgiven, but everybody sins everyday, it is the stuff we do that we wouldn't if we had total perfection of character, inherited sin make us all flawed and sinners.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join