It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian battleships in the English Channel, say they’re training

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
RT Source.

In a strange move, Russia has had 2 battle stationed in the English Channel...

The claim by Russian military is that it is a training exercise...

Russia’s Northern Fleet has been conducting naval training near Dover. Two battleships and two supply vessels worked on operations and communications in conditions of adverse weather and heavy marine traffic.

“Today a squadron of warships and support vessels of the Northern Fleet headed by a large anti-submarine ship, the Severomorsk, crossed the narrowest part of the English Channel and passed into the Bay of the Seine,” said Russia’s defense ministry.

However... This is something NATO & others have denied.

Both Britain’s and France’s navies confirmed the location of the Russian ships, but denied that the Russians were doing any training.

“They are not holding exercises. They're just waiting in a zone where they are allowed to be several times a year," the French Navy's information service said as cited by Reuters.

"Our information indicates that the ships are transiting and have been delayed by weather conditions. They are not exercising in the Channel, as some Russian headlines would have us believe,” said NATO's military spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Jay Janzen.

Strange.

What's the deal ATS...
Harmless exercise...
War Games...
Or something more sinister?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Strange.

Why it is said that they use that route a few times, so this isn't something new.

But the UK Royal Navy and the French Navy say "it's not unusual" to have Russian warships transiting through the Channel. It's the route they often choose to make their way to the Mediterranean.

www.bbc.com...

They probably use it as a way to cut time off the travel it would take to go around Africa. And even if they were doing some excercises, as long as they are in International waters there really isn't something to be alarmed at.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This is very interesting. After several Russian ships cruised by the G-20 in Australia.. Recently Putin has been expanding into areas with vessels. I believe it is his attempt to show the West he and his Navy are Capable.

"Global Reach-Global Power". The major powers have often used this to express power in the world. Teddy Roosevelt did it with the "Great White Fleet". Back in the day.

I would also think that once into deep waters that quite a bit of training will be conducted as usual. Always good to run a weapons system through it's paces. However it costs a lot of cash to do it. But it's a message to the West.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The western propaganda machine works to scare the beegebers out of the citizens about big bad Putin bear but in reality the ptb are very concerned . They have come to realize that Putin is not your average bear and he is very smart . So remember that only you can prevent forest fires . This message brought to you by your local CO@ fossil fuel industry .Drive safe and happy global warming and Thanksgiving . :>)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

The western propaganda machine works to scare the beegebers out of the citizens about big bad Putin bear but in reality the ptb are very concerned .

Really because the OP source is RT, so how is western propaganda doing whatever you think it is they are doing?

And in case you missed it Western media has reported that it isn't a big deal as they do this from time to time, so what are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The western propaganda machine works to scare the beegebers out of the citizens about big bad Putin bear but in reality the ptb are very concerned .

Really because the OP source is RT, so how is western propaganda doing whatever you think it is they are doing?

And in case you missed it Western media has reported that it isn't a big deal as they do this from time to time, so what are you talking about?

I agree this isn't a big deal at all, And as far as reporting from RT, well it's no different from the "Spin" at CNN,ABC,NBC,or any other news whores.. Besides Putin is just doing what the Navies of large nations have been doing since Warships first sailed.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Apparently you haven't been keeping up with the western MSM about how the Russian Bear and the evil Putin Hitler is invading the rest of the world . Maybe they are making it not plain enough with the sanctions and they need NATO to march on the eastern part of Ukraine before Putin does to them what he was supposedly have done in Crimea . a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I read on CNN that they were waiting out a storm there.?????

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wonder whats under.......those ships......boomers maybe.....

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

pparently you haven't been keeping up with the western MSM about how the Russian Bear and the evil Putin Hitler is invading the rest of the world .

And this thread has nothing to do with that nor does it have to do with Western media propaganda, but I guess you get your shots in whenever you can.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Pretty certain the comment you're replying to was specific to this incident. Western media isn't blowing up over this, which is the opposite of what the original comment stated.

And honestly, the point of the original comment is completely lost on me. Makes it sound like the world is painting Putin unfairly, then makes it sound like it's a media hack job, but then says the ptb are concerned. I don't even understand what the commenter is trying to say.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae

I read on CNN that they were waiting out a storm there.?????

Yes I did check it out and thats what the statement was. Pretty simple really. Why risk damage? They paid a bunch of cash for those babies!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Hey ,call it a shot or what ever . The western MSM will always spin it to which ever way they want to.I hardly ever look at some of the minute details they put out but mostly the patterns . They almost have a algorithm to them you can spot . Kind of like a stench in a way . Raises red flags for me . a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hey welcome to the gang . Lots of what is put into news I think is to measure the response from the people so they can change tact to better do their job . Just what there job is ,is another thing all together . I suggest searching out Gladio B on youtube to get some back scenes to some of the who's ,what's and why's . a reply to: Shamrock6

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So anything that has to do with the topic of this thread, or are you just going to keep going on, and on about how bad the Western media is?

We Know Western media bad, Russian media good because they always tell the truth.

Any chance your going to post something on topic?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

And honestly, the point of the original comment is completely lost on me. Makes it sound like the world is painting Putin unfairly,

That's what Putin pays RT to do, make him look like the good guy as though the rest of the world doesn't have a clue as to what he is doing.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Lots of what is put into news I think is to measure the response from the people so they can change tact to better do their job . Just what there job is ,is another thing all together . I suggest searching out Gladio B on youtube to get some back scenes to some of the who's ,what's and why's . a reply to: Shamrock6

Ah yes, when I go looking for the truth Youtube is where I am going because nothing on youtube is wrong.

Amazing....

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

They exercised in the North Sea before they entered the English Channel. The lie up point in the French bay is nothing unusual. Many ships use that point to shelter from weather. The Russians are regular users of that location.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I don't see how that article makes him look like a good guy. I can maybe see it as an attempt to to make the navy look like they're busy and not just waiting out the weather, but I fail to see how it makes them look good beyond that.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

a source calling this flottilla " battleships " clearly has acess to the best military analysis - and should be trusted implicitly

meanwhile back in the real wold :

ROFLMAO @ " battleships "

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join