It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian battleships in the English Channel, say they’re training

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

... Are the Ruskies calling the exercise "The sitting Duck?" ... because they should, as they run their naval exercise in the middle of majority of Nato naval powers. Those donkeys on a waffle could be sank with ground based missiles, while watching FIFA football cup and fetching another beer.

So, I guess, the point they are trying to make is not recognizable by any military standard, but requires embracing the slavic heart and greatness of emotions... And on those lines, Russians have recently shown to be sailors on seven seas, with great taste of salty waters outside large wet bars. So, I recon, even this exercise in the channel is bound to end up in a landing at some cosy quai side bar somewhere along the coast lines of Normandy and Belgium.

My fice centimo rubles is taggin on this sort of Russian Benelux tour:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
the pacific and the atlantic are 2 differnt patches of water alltogether.

The pacific has deep swells, Where as the atlantic likes to bomb ships with lots of mid size waves. In some cases the pacific can be good for big ships because they just ride the swells. But in the Atlantic, can be a bit more rough.

I gather the russian navy needs all the training it can get in either climates.

Not so sure its about russia flexing any muscle other than for the purpose of not becoming lazy.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So were is the Royal navy?

O thats right half of its scraped

The rest if loaned out to conduct missiins for foreign countrys.

O and lets not mention the aircraft carrier without aircraft!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Our information indicates that the ships are transiting and have been delayed by weather conditions.

So they are not about to broadside the UK and are waiting for the weather to clear and even ask for a port of safety if needs be under international law.

Lets forget about the USA playing games in the black sea and being 8,000 miles from home and get the UK to ask France to lend it a ship to attack these Russian aggressors because they have no boats up to the task themselves.

Tell you I am going to write my last will and testament just in case a sailor farts too close to the British coast line whilst Bp, Shell, Exxon are drilling and pumping oil inside Russia itself.

Hope this is not another lock ness monster on holiday incident like Sweden had last month because its just Nessie swimming back home and we will only know the truth if/when a 50mt zarr bomb comes in at 7000 MPH without warning and takes out the whole of London in one go.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Someone call Putin and inform him that battleships became obsolete during WWII by the aircraft carrier.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Hope this is not another lock ness monster on holiday incident like Sweden had last month because its just Nessie swimming back home and we will only know the truth if/when a 50mt zarr bomb comes in at 7000 MPH without warning and takes out the whole of London in one go.

Maybe you should have read the thread, as they were there to wait out the weather and they were watched by the Royal Navy the whole time.

You really have a problem with anything posted about Russia don't you...even when it really is nothing to the story.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Someone call Putin and inform him that battleships became obsolete during WWII by the aircraft carrier.

I think that only applys if the carriers have aircraft on them.

Ours dont....we are waiting on the USA to make them still....

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
This is very interesting. After several Russian ships cruised by the G-20 in Australia..

Hardly cruised by, they were 2,000 km away! They also had to send a tugboat with them....
edit on 29-11-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Thank god, maybe they are here to save us. Might seem like a smart idea being on an island when things go bad, the problem we have in the UK though is there is nowhere to run when our government openly turns against the people.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Wow, that's funny, is that your panic reaction? "Surrender to the most powerfull leader"? I understand, if you feel sourrounded by deadly threats, how you'd get there, but you can't make a good decission, if it's just based on fears...

Maybe they were exercising, and are waiting for the storm to pass? Imagine how the men on the Russian ships feel, in the opponents waters...encased by stronger forces...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: issues

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

You what?

Mate, If you do not have a healthy fear of government, good luck on the front lines in the coming apocalypse, ill be taking it easy in my cabin in the woods thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ah, now I see we anticipate different things. I could totally live in a cabin in the woods, but I'd also would want the world to be a pretty place, with squirrels in the park and free people follwoing their personal legends, sunshine and good entertainment...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Mate, If you do not have a healthy fear of government, good luck on the front lines in the coming apocalypse, ill be taking it easy in my cabin in the woods thanks.

So when is this apocalypse going to happen, because I have heard this since the 90's with Y2K and yet nothing.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

A Tsar bomb would probably take out more than just London...
I'm guessing it'd take out the whole of the South East of England from London down to Southampton...

However I don't think Russia are silly enough to use one.
I hope I'm not wrong.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks for all the input ATS...

You've made a thread that potentially could have been nothing, into a very interesting read.

Salutations.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So when is this apocalypse going to happen, because I have heard this since the 90's with Y2K and yet nothing.

When 3 eagles crest the 3rd moon on the eve of spring a pheasant with no agenda shall rise!

Thats when it will happen.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

When 3 eagles crest the 3rd moon on the eve of spring a pheasant with no agenda shall rise!

Well then I guess I will keep my eyes open if I am still alive when that happens.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join